The Country Cottage Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We stood and watched the others for a short while but knew we were both done for the evening. We walked hand in hand back to our room and hardly spoke as we flopped down on the bed falling into a deep sleep.

The next morning we were surprisingly fresh and after a nice shower we both wondered what the day held in store. We had breakfast and were planning a nice brisk walk up the green mountainside. It was beautiful country.

Carol admonished us to return by noon. The wedding was scheduled for 3:00 and we would need a bit of time to get ready.

Rather than tire us out, the walk was rejuvenating. By the time we returned to the house, we both had more of a spring in our step than when we left. We did notice a number of additional cars in the parking lot, invited guests for the wedding I assumed.

When we entered, Carol directed us to the dining room for some lunch.

"It's a pity that Father John was called away," Carol said as we sat down, "but these things happen all the time in his business."

"I hope it is nothing serious," I said, "and what about the wedding and confessions and inductions?"

"Fortunately, he was able to contact another family member who can officiate at the wedding and conduct the induction. The confessions will just have to wait for another time."

"Another priest?" Lisa asked.

"Actually a Lutheran bishop and his wife, a bit of luck really. They are able to drive up from the city but will have to return later this evening for services tomorrow morning at his church."

I could feel Lisa tense a little next to me before she gave me a quick glance. Her voice trembled slightly when she next spoke.

"May I ask who they are? After all this induction is a pretty...intimate...affair." she said softly.

"Oh of course, my dear, but there is no need for concern. Bishop Grovener is a lifelong member of the family and quite a caring and, if I may say so myself, rather the loving man."

"And his wife?" Lisa gasped hoarsely.

"Judith is an elegant and loving woman as well," Carol continued as she sipped her tea, "Richard married her from outside the family but made sure she was properly inducted before their engagement was announced. I believe that was thirty years ago or so now. A pity they could never have any children of their own."

Lisa looked at me with panic in her eyes but somehow she managed to keep her voice calm. At that moment, I doubted I could do the same.

"If you don't mind, Carol, we need to go rest and freshen up a bit," Lisa exclaimed and rose from the table, pulling me up at the same time.

She kept her arm locked in mine as we quickly walked to our room, shushing me from saying anything until we were inside it and the door firmly closed.

"What are we going to do?" she whispered frantically, "We can't be found here by Uncle Richard and Aunt Judith!"

12