All Comments on 'The Curse of the Scots Ch. 04'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 128 Comments (Page 2)
NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESabout 7 years ago
A Wonderful Tale

I enjoyed the character development, the presentation of Cayden, warts and all was especially well written. Having read all genres for the last forty-five years I feel that this was one of the BEST short stories I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Angie is a worthless bitch

But you are an entertaining writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
,w

This guy was in the army and got beaten by a pudgy overweight guy what bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I hope most of the commentary has been useful and reflective of a well-told story...

...because that’s what this is.

There’s stuff and issues and concerns, people will complain and criticize. But they are self-delusional, if they think any less of this story because of some DETAIL.

The comment about an army mechanic being beaten by a big, side of beef asshole...well that’s just plain naive. Except for my high school buddies that were SpecOps, or in one case a Navy SEAL, nobody was a seriously better fighter back in civvies than they’d been in high school.

I didn’t serve, having been raised in a military home and finding my best path forward in “other organized pursuits”, had learned far better fighting technique than most military people get. And like it or not, size is usually a factor, if not a consideration. Skill and technique can balance a very badly imbalanced fighting situation. The SO, SEAL and GB guys usually he

D back, because they were taught to neutralize any threat with necessary force, up to and including extreme prejudice. I was taught to stop the threat and move away.

But most of any niggling details mentioned just don’t rise to the level of glaring error or miscalculation. Besides, the characters are interesting, the story is enjoyable, if a little quirky, and I’m giving it 5* to this point.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Well

the earlier chapters were the start of a successful commercial novel. Now it's a pretty good Lit story. :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

Still reading and still impressed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I still give this a 5

but it's a Lit 5. Two things that bring this down to an excellent Lit level: 1. The whole story should have been written in third person, but in this chapter the failure to do that really hurts. and 2. there's at least one stretch in which the story becomes mawkishly sentimental. I'm not a big fan of the lesbian theme, which seems to be telegraphing a polyamorous grand finale.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 4 years ago
third time reading

like the story so much reading again

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2 cheating cunts and a wimp.

Title says it all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Still strong

Yes, it should be third person; yes, it edges in places toward being a little overly sentimental; yes, the virtue signaling about faggots being born that way (no science at all for that) is gratuitous. The "we're born that way" position was adopted after the USSC's decision in Bowers v. Georgia so that faggots could pretend that their vice is just like being black so that a future court would find in their favor, unlike the Bowers court (their prior position was that straights were just less "advanced" and "rigid in their sexual choices), and you find the old position reasserted today now that they got the USSC to legislate from the bench (all the gender identity nonsense); yes, I could have done without the lesbian scene (although it was well done for what it was). BUT, those are just a few "trees" in the "forest"; the "forest" itself is magnificent. So, I'd say this is still better than a "Lit 5"...by a lot.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Great

A very good series.

FljimFljimabout 4 years ago
Episodes

Enjoying your story. Like the characters you've created.

ribnitinribnitinabout 4 years ago

Still a great story, but I am not thrilled by the jumping POV

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great story so far. He should stop ass kissing his ex-wife!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good 👍 story. Glad to see references to calling her have finally settled down SyE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lots of filler...misplaced question marks...way better english than that on much of this site...of course, it could be better!

thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Still reading!

Enjoying the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

reading it, loving it, 5 star-ing it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Turned into a first rate tale. Pretty certain that Aaron is gonna get some more before it's all done.More interesting is what's going to occur with the women and child. Lot to look forward to. LP

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Among the multitude of other errors, the author clearly doesn't know the meaning of “near sighted”, the woman could not read, so she was clearly far sighted.

carvohicarvohialmost 2 years agoAuthor

A little missive from carvohi.

Just above this little note you might find a comment by arsenelupin66. I'd like to respond to his very generous contribution to me and to Literotica.

I'm just an old guy who has nothing better to do with his spare time than make up stories and put them out on the Internet for free hoping they might be entertaining. I am not a scholar gifted in the English language. I, like most of the people here on Literotica, write on the cuff and from the heart. I'm not writing a thesis. I'm not looking for a Pulitzer Prize. I know I make mistakes. I just want to tell a story every now and then, and if I'm lucky, I might make someone feel a little better. I hope so.

I suppose those among us who really are near sighted need to buy some spectacles that will enable them to see a little further than their noses. Sorry, I had to add that quip.

carvohi Jedd Clampett

Horseman68Horseman68over 1 year ago

First story have read from this author. Will read each one on his list when finished with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story is very enthralling. 5*

TonyspencerTonyspencer12 months ago

Enjoying this story. All 5* so far

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

It’s got me hooked ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

cutedaddy69cutedaddy69about 1 month ago

Climbing from a tentative, to a solid, glowing five stars. Thank you!

I think Caprice's transition from a deeply traumatized survivor of a long life of severe abuse and horrible torture to a loving and somewhat confident partner in a 'romance' would take considerably more, and considerably longer, in any kind of credible reality, but the story is still built up very well.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Capricious. The whipped victim became a healing therapist and counselor for both Cayden, Angie and Emily. Cayden was a reformed white knight. In Asia they would say he was trying to gain merit for his karma. It is a gauntlet through purgatory. (More please...)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous