The Daemon's Tale Ch. 05

Story Info
Gabriel and Vaern's final meeting.
3.9k words
4.52
9.6k
9

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 11/20/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you so much for your patience and the continued perusal of the first four chapters by new readers while I've been taking a break for Christmas and New Years. I have certainly not lost interest in the Daemon's Tale and my inspiration is still as strong as ever -- I've actually taken to carrying a notebook to jot down ideas when I can't actually sit down to write.

Chapter five has been a reasonably long time coming but I hope you enjoy it. This isn't the end of Gabriel's story but it is a pivotal point for him. I can only hope I've done it justice.

As always comments and votes are so welcome and I get a lot of motivation from the encouragement, feedback and suggestions people leave. Happy reading everyone!

~Archer~

*

Tiran was philosophical and accepting when Gabriel told him of his plans to leave within the next few days. It had been useful having the Daemon Lord around for so long, and the Council had benefited greatly from the information and teachings he'd given them about the Daemons. Normally his visits were fleeting and filled with political tasks and the Daemons, though they were allies, remained a mystery to the Faeries. Gabriel's year-long visit had finally given him time to teach the Faeries a little more of Daemon nature, character, beliefs and behaviour.

The Fairy Council Leader had also enjoyed seeing Gabriel regain the charisma, confidence and charm that they were all so used to. There was no place in this world so suited to healing someone as the Faerie stronghold, where magic flowed freely in both the lands and inhabitants, and Gabriel was proof of this. The Faeries were fond of the intense, mesmerizing Daemon and were happy to have been able to save him. The loss of such a relatable and comparatively controlled representative of the Daemon race in the position of Lord would have been a great one, and in any case most individual Faerie's were personally acquainted with Gabriel and fond of him. It was almost impossible not to be -- despite his obvious strength and potential for violence, they found him fascinating.

So yes, it was a shame the Daemon Lord had to leave. But it did herald his return to health and wellbeing -- changed forever of course by the loss of a soul mate and the love of a healing Elf, but still himself at heart.

"Ah, my friend, I knew this day was coming. You almost look like your old self again."

"Almost?"

"A little rougher around the edges perhaps, but great loss will do that to a person. The important thing is that you survived with your heart and soul more or less intact. I will have to thank Vaern myself." A mischievous twinkle appeared abruptly in Tiran's eye, proving Faerie nature in that at close to a thousand years old the Council Leader still had enough of a sense of humour to tease others.

Gabriel smiled; the relationship he'd formed with Vaern over the course of the year had been obvious and he'd known it -- his mind was in no state to worry about secrecy or humility. Not that it had ever become physical -- theirs was a deep spiritual and emotional connection. Strangely, the Daemon had to fight down a pang of regret as the thought came to him.

"You've been amazingly patient and hospitable as always Tiran. I'm truly indebted to you and I won't forget it."

"A continued friendship and peace between our races is all I ask, Gabriel. And your continued good health and wellbeing."

"Of course. I can't promise that the politics won't change but my friendship with you and your kind certainly won't. Thank you. Really."

Tiran nodded at him, deep wisdom reflected in a passive expression and kind but surprisingly sharp eyes. That was his second most important conversation completed and Gabriel was almost ready to leave -- however, before he did there was something far more crucial to attend to.

The Daemon had not brought any belongings with him and indeed, outside of his simple attire of black cotton pants and the silver jewellery he wore draped around his neck, wrists, ankles and fingers, he owned none. There was no packing to be done; instead, once dressed, Gabriel went looking for a final farewell.

Vaern proved harder to find than expected though. The Healer's quarters were deserted, its occupants away or busy with patients, and the rooms kept for those will illnesses or injuries yielded no clues either. Those Gabriel paused in the tree-lined streets to ask had not seen the Elf that day either and she was not in any of her usual haunts -- the library, by the river, or teaching children the qualities of herbs under the shade of a three hundred year old oak. For some time the Daemon was baffled -- he'd told her of his intentions to leave soon on one of their many days together exploring the caves and forests of the Faerie lands -- however the answer to the riddle came to him suddenly as he glanced up at the mountain range that watched over the valley. It was so simple and obvious he almost laughed; he knew exactly where she would be.

The journey there this time was much faster. Months and months ago when he'd first done it he'd been hampered by injury and weighed down by crushing grief. Now his shoulder was almost as good as new; scarred, but fully functional, and although he still thought of Katherine daily and continued to mourn her death the weight of that loss no longer threatened to devastate him. He leapt lightly over ragged cliffs and swam easily through fast-flowing rivers, climbed ancient trees with animalistic grace and slipped almost unseen among the shadows. He was as wild and talented as he'd ever been, no longer stumbling gracelessly through the world but a predator, silent and dangerous, returned to his former strength.

And she was waiting for him, just as he'd known she would be.

Silhouetted in the fading summer light she made a beautiful picture. Silky caramel-coloured hair lifted and danced lightly in the breeze, catching behind the pointed ears which marked her as a Faerie. Her profile was elegant and refined; she had the high cheekbones that were common to all Elves but her eyes were something special. A deep kindness and wisdom marked her profession and age respectively; she was younger than Gabriel by around half a century but still close to four hundred years old. He trailed delicately clawed fingers along the back of her slender neck and twined her fingers through his own -- over time they'd grown close enough that these small gestures and touches were common and reassuring when they were together. She smiled but Gabriel could see sadness in her expression, in the way that the smile didn't fully reach her eyes as it normally did.

"I'm going to miss you, you know." Her voice was quiet but in this private place, next to the spring she'd first brought him to in order to save him, the words were clear and musical to his ears. She didn't sound accusing, simply pensive, but Gabriel pulled her closer anyway.

"I'll miss you too." They both knew that there was nothing that could change their parting. Gabriel was the Daemon Lord and he had responsibilities to his own race and, more than this, he was a restless wanderer at heart. He couldn't stay closeted in her world forever and already, after just a year, the first stirrings of wild energy were making it hard for him to sleep restfully. And Vaern, she was a Healer, a restorer of life, and was deeply attached to the Faerie realm. Her talents were needed for her own people and though magic was rife throughout their world she would be lost without the unique Faerie magic that was so powerful here. And more than this -- they loved each other, certainly, but both Gabriel and Vaern knew they weren't soul mates. Their attachment was strong yet they did not fully understand each other and would probably never be able to. Gabriel's violent, intense, wild Daemon nature was simply too alien to Vaern's gentle compassion and intuitive understanding of the emotions and experiences of others. A glimpse into each other's dreams had taught them this beyond a shadow of a doubt -- but it wouldn't make leaving any easier.

Gabriel dropped a gentle kiss on the back of Vaern's neck in the place where a slight hollow existed that smelt like ripe peaches. She smiled, already knowing his fascination with that spot, and held still as he explored. The soft attentions of his lips were interspersed with careful nips from pointed teeth; she'd never been with a Daemon before, and the little reminder of his dangerousness sent a thrill along her spine. Gabriel stopped thinking about his imminent departure and the life that awaited him beyond the Faerie gates; how could he think of anything else but the velvet softness of Vaern's skin and her heady, summer-fruit scent?

As for the Elf, she'd been lost the moment the Daemon Lord had touched her -- as always his presence hypnotised her and his bardic magic drugged her senses. His skin seemed ethereally silver despite the warm golden light they stood in and she could barely meet his eyes for fear of forgetting herself forever. She did though, entranced by the shocking teal of his irises and the depth of his character contained within them. Gabriel was so difficult to read -- a Daemon trait, as they were good at hiding their emotions -- but when he lowered his defences during their exploration of each other she could read him so clearly in those expressive eyes. It was more than a little frightening and yet she didn't even think of stopping this natural progression of their months together. The force of Gabriel's desire was simply too strong to resist.

He spun her around to face him and Vaern immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, long fingers entwining themselves in his shaggy, ink-black hair. His breath smelt like rich, dark honey; irresistibly sweet, she couldn't help but reach up and press her lips tentatively against his. Gabriel allowed her to set the pace at first, wanting her to be comfortable and feel at least a little in control. He knew the effect of his abilities and though his control over them was limited, especially now, he was wary of scaring her with his natural intensity.

She didn't seem scared, though. Hesitant at first, Vaern took only moments to coax his mouth open with her tongue and deepen the kiss to something more exhilarating. His fingers found the tie of the cloak she was wearing and loosened it; she wore nothing beneath, having known perfectly well what would happen before Gabriel left, but she hardly seemed to notice as they both drunk in the other during that single, unbroken kiss. Frantic heat and desperate desire drove them closer to each other; Gabriel pressed the length of her body against his own though somehow Vaern managed to release the tie of the pants he was wearing. Gabriel was far too distracted to care about how exposed they both were.

It seemed natural to sink to the ground at that point and only then did they finally pause for breath. Soft summer grass made a fragrant bed beneath them, and among the wildflowers Gabriel began to discover Vaern's body. His hand traced the attractive curve of her waist and cupped the swell of her hip before he placed delicate, exploratory kisses along her ribs. Each hollow seemed to intrigue him, almost as much as the freckles and scars he found which he lingered over as though savouring. These were the things that made her unique, special, memorable. He traced the outline of a crescent shaped birth mark lazily and the heat of his gaze brought a rose blush to her cheeks.

"You're beautiful," he murmured seriously, meeting her eyes and holding her gaze captive.

"So are you." Her own fingers traced the outline of his abdominal muscles which tensed reflexively beneath a touch so gentle she could only be a healer. She lingered over parts of him too; the ragged, bone-white scars on his shoulder which would always remind him of her now, rather than the Vampire he'd received them from, and the fascinating hollow created by his hipbone. She placed kisses there which made him catch his breath sharply and made her in turn smile, noticing the evidence of the arousal she was creating. And that, too, was beautiful; curiously she wrapped a hand around his length and watched his jaw tighten, reaching up to soothe the hard tendons that ran along his throat. That was a vulnerable spot for someone to touch, especially to a Daemon due to lives filled with fighting, and the fact that he didn't even flinch spoke volumes of his trust for her.

There were no freckles or birthmarks for Vaern to find on Gabriel; Daemon's didn't have such things, which only added to their strangeness compared to the native races of this world, but he was so inarguably unique that she didn't feel cheated out of these little markers of individuality. Had there ever been a man like Gabriel? She doubted it; the force of his beauty and personality was utterly remarkable. So she savoured their final time together and didn't try to rush despite a growing impatience borne from lust -- she forced herself to wait, to explore, and to remember.

When he rolled over suddenly and pinned her beneath him in a sudden, startling, crushing kiss the Elf gasped before washing away on another rush of desire. He'd been curious and gentle before but this was Gabriel's true nature; his mouth was demanding against hers and she had no wish or means to resist. He could feel her melt beneath him and he caught her wrists in one hand, easily pinning them above her head and trapping her. Vaern didn't try to get away but there was a wanton desire in her eyes when he trapped her that almost drove him wild with need. Gentle and compassionate she may be but there was a sensuality to the Elf he hadn't expected. Nevertheless he held himself still, dragging his gaze openly over her prone form but neglecting to touch her until she writhed beneath him in frustration.

"I'm patient Gabriel, but not that patient. You're a tease, you know that?"

The Daemon laughed and nodded unabashedly. "Oh, I know. What are you going to do about it?" The words escaped his mouth as a challenge and Vaern narrowed her eyes, suddenly looking far less innocent that he would have believed she could. Trapped as she was by his firm grip on her wrists and the weight of his body her options were limited, but she was able to lick her lips seductively, meeting his gaze fearlessly the entire time. People did that so rarely, rightly afraid of the power held in his teal irises, but the Elf didn't care if he wanted to enchant him with his devastating magic. She was already giving everything to him unreservedly.

Slowly she tilted her head back until her hair fell away from her face in distracting caramel waves and her throat was bared inches from the watching Daemon holding her captive. He was instantly captivated; his gaze ran along the vulnerable column of her throat and she soft hollows created by her collarbone where he knew she loved to be kissed. And then unexpectedly, in the sensitive spot where her throat met her jaw, he caught the subtle flicker of her pulse thrumming beneath her skin, erratic from desire.

As Vaern had known, he couldn't resist lowering his mouth to that spot, to feel her pulse flicker at the touch of his lips, to taste the delicate skin that provided her only protection. The Elf grinned wickedly knowing she had won.

"Vixen."

"Like you mind."

She was right of course. Gabriel was already too distracted to chastise her further for her manipulation, his lips scorching hot trails along her throat and chest. She gasped when his teeth toyed first with one nipple then the other, careful not to draw blood but nonetheless hardly gentle. Desire rushed through her in overwhelming waves and she pulled him closer, relishing the hardness of his body. Her hands buried themselves in his hair once more and she whispered his name as a question, a plea. Gabriel groaned; he could only tease her for so long.

Not that teasing was really the point. Gabriel wanted to take his time, explore every inch of Vaern, so that he could commit her to memory. And though she pleaded impatience Vaern's goal was no different; her hands trailed over the chest and abdomen of the Daemon driving her to distraction, memorising every detail. It was very difficult to concentrate though while Gabriel's bardic magic intensified his natural scent of summer roses and sun-darkened honey so that it was heady and hypnotising. That was the point of course, even when the magic rolled off him in subconscious waves. Though Vaern hardly needed hypnotising; she was already under his spell.

The Elf might lack the magical abilities that made Gabriel so irresistible, but she was hardly less enchanting. Her vulnerability and trust in him made her captivating and her beauty, natural and uncontrived, made her unforgettable. With slow, delicious torture Gabriel trailed his lips over every inch of her body while trying not to let her responses make him lose control. It took all his strength not to forget to be gentle with her; each time her breath caught in her throat or a low moan escaped her lips because of his teasing arousal swept over him and threatened to chase away rational thought.

Eventually, with a low chuckle, Vaern rolled over so she lay across Gabriel and pinned him down. He humoured her willingly so she could explore him in return and his eyes slid shut when her soft lips trailed the length of his abdomen to again find the sensitive hollow by his hip. Muscles rippled involuntarily under her tentative kisses but he held himself still and silent, save the odd sharp exhale when she found a particularly sensitive spot. The effort of staying motionless for her caused the Daemon to break out into a light sweat, adding a sheen to his silver skin.

He tasted like apple and masculinity. That combined with the powerful scent of roses and dark honey overwhelmed Vaern's senses and she was drowning in the experience of enjoying the Daemon Lord. Thankfully she had no need for rational thought; Gabriel had to keep his wits, at least a little, so as not to hurt her but Vaern could give herself over to her senses and forget about reality for a while. And that was exactly what she did, teasing and torturing Gabriel until they were both desperate for each other. Their gentle arousal melted into harsh need until at last the Daemon rolled over again and pinned Vaern in the sweet-smelling grass with the weight of his body, once again meeting her eyes. Watching the Elf with glazed intensity Gabriel entered her, joining them at last.

Again her breath caught in her throat in the way that delighted Gabriel and she let out a short gasp which was smothered by his own guttural groan. He held still for a moment, the strain of doing so showing in the corded tendons at his throat, until her hands reached up to soothe the tension there with reassuring strokes. There was only warmth and lust in her eyes as they began to move together in the orange light of the late afternoon; by now she was no longer afraid of the wildness she read in his bright teal eyes and she tangled her hands in Gabriel's inky hair, even as he ran his fingers through her long caramel tresses before leaning down to run scorching kisses along her neck. She shuddered in ecstasy, building quickly towards release.

Gabriel watched, fascinated, as Vaern's eyes became glazed and lost focus. Sweat beaded temptingly along her collarbone and dampened his back where her hands pulled him closer, needing him deeper and more urgently with every passing moment. He kissed it away and memorised her taste then continued to kiss her throat, unable to help using his teeth gently every now and then. He remained captivated by the spot where her pulse thrummed rapidly under her skin and as her heartbeat rose his thrusts became more demanding. She melted beneath him, malleable to the hardness of his body, swept away in a Daemon's lust.

12