The Delaney Girl

Story Info
Jobless with potential he lands a supportive beauty.
10.2k words
4.68
26.9k
17
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

Tanner Carlton stood outside a brothel waiting for his friend Ted Lobb who'd decided to take the fifty buck early afternoon special.

Tanner hadn't gone in, afraid it would just be his luck for his dick to drop off as a result of some unthinkable misadventure. Unless the need for sex felt desperate he avoided going near women he didn't know. He held the naïve belief that if he knew the woman everything would be fine. Besides he and Ted were homeward-bound so there was no desperate need.

Less than five minutes later Ted came out with his mouth bleeding. "The bitch hit me."

"Why?"

"I said I wanted someone else, that I preferred women with small tits. She kept my money without delivering any sort of service," Ted said, wiping his mouth.

"That's theft. I'll get your fifty bucks back."

"No don't," cried Ted but too late. His pal was already through the ornate double doors.

Ted heard some yells, thumps and crashes and a woman screamed.

Tanner emerged and said, "Run!"

They ran and Ted saw a bus station so yelled, "Over here."

The driver of the bus just about to leave eyed them impassively. "Either go and buy tickets and wait for the next bus or you pay me the ticket price plus 15% penalty."

"Will you take a check?"

"From trustworthy people yes. Put that checkbook away," the driver sighed.

"Here's a fifty bucks. Drive us until that runs out."

The driver pocketed the money and the door closed with a hiss. "Take your seats and behave."

The guys waited nervously for heavies from the brothel to bang on the closed door of the bus but no such threat to them eventuated.

"That was my fifty bucks," Ted moaned.

"The problem was when I got behind the counter I didn't know which one was your money so I took a bunch of bills."

Ted watched wide-eyed as Tanner counted $450 and divide it fairly.

"You stole this money."

"Well I wasn't waiting to calmly pick out the correct denomination. So if you feel guilty take yours back but I'm warning you they'll be hoping mad. I decked the two security guys plus the woman struggling to prevent me taking money. I yelled at her I wanted your money back."

"Does decked mean you hit them?"

"Yeah the two guys were stretched out and the women was on the floor howling her nose was broken. Christ she tried to scratch me."

"We ought to run for the border. The cops will be after us."

"Oh yeah? What do the brothel people say? Do they tell the sergeant a college kid beat up the three of them and ran with some money?"

"No they wouldn't do that. They would appear fools. Oh, I see what you mean. What do you think will happen?"

"They'll wipe the security tape and toss petty cash into the till and make up the difference and then hope the next shift or the one after gets the blame for stealing the petty cash."

"Christ pal, you should be running crime instead of wanting to run a business."

"Same difference pal although one tries to appear legit."

Late evening the driver yelled back at them, "Okay you two college guys this is the end of my run. You have to get out because the new driver will find you don't have tickets. I left you sleeping because we don't have many passengers, tonight being Tuesday."

"Well this bus is heading to the city where my grandma lives," said Ted. "I'll buy a ticket and continue on."

They hugged after Ted had brought his ticket, a bagel and coffee.

"This is the end of the line for us," said Tanner. "Almost a year after graduating at bumming round seeing our country for the first time. Let's keep in touch buddy and invite each other to our thirtieth birthday or wedding, whichever comes first."

"Here hold this stuff while I wipe my eyes Tanner. Christ we've had almost seven years together, intense and fulfilling years as buddies and now it's ending. Oh why can't the good life continue?"

"Well once I get to the top of a company I'll email for you to come aboard. You might have to start as janitor."

They laughed, the new driver called all aboard and as the bus rolled away Tanner saw the white face of his buddy gesticulating rudely at a window. Only then did Tanner realize he was holding Ted's coffee and bagel. He grinned thinking that really summed up their relationship. Tanner had almost single-handedly pulled Ted through college academically and apart from Ted getting his master's in computer science to reward Tanner for his effort he'd now gifted Tanner his late supper.

* * *

Aunt Carole said with a withering look, "Now let's get this straight. You have no money, no job or offer of a job and you want to live with us?"

"Yeah."

Tanner thought it was unlikely any woman could do the withering look better than his mom's younger sister.

"Excuse me young man?"

"Um, oh yeah that's the idea. I find a job, get rich and then pay back unpaid lodgings plus a bonus."

"You are family. No way will you pay me for a room. Say something Arthur?"

"Let the kid stay. He's the most interesting of all our relations, er apart from your sisters."

"Is he now? In what way?"

"He loves sport on TV, drinks beer... um and is er culturally sensitive."

"My word Arthur Baylis, saved by the bell. Bring you backpack through Tanner. Where are your other possessions?"

"I left all the kid's stuff back home and started off with the road trip with two pull bags on wheels but that became heavy going so Ted and I sold off our surplus stuff to raise cash which meant we cut out a few dishwashing or cleaning jobs and traveled lighter and faster."

"You can wipe that smile from your face Arthur Baylis. Tomorrow you take Tanner out and buy him a whole new wardrobe, including business attire."

"That will cost a small fortune."

"Well it's one of the penalties at being so over-eager to marry me."

"But that was almost thirty years ago."

"So? Do you have a problem about marrying me?"

Tanner said nervously, "Look guys I best go find a hedge to sleep under."

Arthur grinned and said, "Take no notice of her. You know what your mother is like. All those Broderick women possess the desire to rule."

Tanner liked hearing that and made his play. He pulled out his billfold and handed it out to his aunt. Here take this, it's all the money I have."

Carole pulled away as if she was being offered a condom. "No, definitely not. You use that money to help establish yourself and don't go spending it on drink and women."

"Women? Why would I need to spend money on women when your female friends are at my disposal, er their daughters?"

That made Carole smile thoughtfully. "Ah yes, there could be some interest. But get a job first. Come along. Now I want you to call your mom. She'd have no idea where you are or whether you are alive."

"It's Saturday night, not Sunday night. I always call her Sunday night. If I call now it will scare the crap out of her."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, sorry for my emphatic language."

"Emphatic, is that what you call it? Call your mom now or I'll twist your ear."

"God, wife of Brutus."

"What was that?"

"I was just muttering saying your home looks in lovely condition."

"Oh darling."

That was the end of confrontation. From then on Carole would concentrate on restoring her old relationship with Tanner, whom to Arthur she'd always denied was her favorite of her nieces and nephews. She remembered him fondly as a defiant little guy, with an independent streak showing before he was even out of diapers and then became the young guy she would have loved to have reared but instead had two daughters, now away working and hoping to find good guys or just any guy to marry.

When the men returned home from the mall next day, Sunday, Carole went through every item while the men drank a beer watching her as if watching a ferret and awaited her conclusion.

"Well for guys you have done very well and the two suits look sensational. Tanner you are not to be embarrassed by this. Arthur can't possible spend all the money he's amassed."

"Um it's the principle."

"Shut up Tanner and drink your beer. Fetch him another one Arthur."

Just before dinner Carole cooed, "Tanner, phone."

His aunt's smirk told Tanner what he needed to know. It would be a young woman she deemed suitable to reform him.

"Hi I'm Jennifer Watkins, daughter of one of Mrs Baylis's friends."

"Oh hi Jennifer. Are you calling for a date?"

"No I mean well almost."

"Do you do it on the first date?"

Tanner told his aunt smugly, "For some reason Jennifer cut the call."

Carole looked at him darkly. The phone went and she took the call in the kitchen and when she returned she glared murderously at Tanner but said nothing.

After dinner Carole made another call and with her hand over the phone, "Tanner you ought to find this choice more acceptable."

"Hi Tanner this is Marlene Brewer. Your aunt says you are just arrived after being ten months including Christmas on the road and would like some company."

"Well a guy kinda gets used to dating Marlene."

"I'm going steady but am prepared to give you some time, even go parking if you wish."

Tanner swallowed. "Really there is no need..."

"Nonsense. You don't believe in having to get to know the girl first do you?"

"Er that's never occurred to me."

"Good. Frank who's here for dinner should be going home by 10:00 because he has an early start in the morning. I'll call round for you soon after he leaves."

Tanner swallowed. "Er thanks. I really appreciate this."

"God you sound shy. Till later then."

Tanner joined the other two in the TV room. Tanner was absolutely sure his aunt glanced at his crotch.

"Well?"

"Yes Aunt Carole, we will date. Thank you for making this possible."

"Oh it was nothing," she smiled. "I take it you won't be in for dinner tomorrow night?"

Tanner squirmed.

"Tanner?"

"Marlene is coming around in about a couple of hours to take me out."

"Ohmigod, what have I done," Carole shrieked.

Arthur had a cushion thrown at him when he said, "If you're about to make Tanner stay home can I go in his place?"

"Don't you dare get that girl pregnant Tanner."

Rising to the moment Tanner said, "I'm not sure I know how to do that."

"Oh god."

Tanner had to drive Marlene home from the riverbank. She was legless. She managed to walk up to the house, kiss him and smile saying, "Same time tomorrow night."

He said yes, kissed her again and walked the short distance home whistling.

From then on sex was on a plate for Tanner from Marlene or one of her cute girlfriends, a couple of them married and claiming they'd chosen unwisely.

Because of the world economic recession, the job market was tight but Tanner spent time establishing relationships with job placement agencies and replying to newspaper and website job vacancies. Arthur who was a senior partner in a law firm also solicited his business contacts and the few promising starts eventually turned into invitations for Tanner to return when the economy picked up.

The breakthrough came one evening when Marlene took him to dinner and one of her girlfriends Tanner had not met previously brought her drink over and sat with them.

Delaney was the usual big bust blonde, tall with long legs and small ass and very good looking but it was her baby blue eyes that rarely left his face when she was talking to him that gradually captivated Tanner. Marlene noticed that and as Delaney was leaving said casually, "Tanner is a nephew of a friend of my mother's and I've filled in by dating him occasionally. Would you like to date him?"

Smiling Delaney said, "Why yes. Here's my card Tanner. Come for dinner Wednesday evening at 7:00 if that's convenient.

Tanner stood, accepted the card and said he'd be delighted to be served dinner but such a lovely companion.

The young women exchanged glances and giggled.

As Marlene hooked her ankles over Tanner's shoulders that evening and he pushed in she said, "Lucky boy because in all probability Delaney is the best date you'd find in this city. She's just a little conservative so don't fuck her on the first couple of dates unless you are invited."

Tanner almost blew his wad but held on until recovering.

When Marlene was dropping Tanner off home she said, "This is the end of sex between you and me Tanner. I really must push for marriage and anyway I really want you to concentrate on nailing Delaney as a regular date and you'll have a good chance. She feels terribly let down by her second hot guy in a row, both proving to be not interested in her beyond sex."

"I'll have to tell her I'm jobless."

"Do that but that probably won't matter and she may even offer you money because she works but also gets a heft allowance from her parents. She will be interested in you, not your job or lack or a job. My feeling is Delaney is desperate for reliable, friendly male company and sex will be incidental."

"Oh. How old is she?"

"Same age as me, twenty-seven. We went through high school together.

"She won't be interested in a steady date; I'm two years younger."

Marlene giggled and said, "Stop looking like that. Your age didn't stop me. She'll have the normal sexual appetite of a healthy young woman. Great now that's the look I like seeing. We must stay friends."

"Yes and I mean that Marlene. You have been wonderful to me."

"Oh darling, another huge kiss please. God I'm soaking through my pants and dress."

Delaney went to answer the doorbell, checking her hair in the hall mirror and telling herself this guy appeared to have nothing going for him but still she ought not to appear desperate. Marlene Brewer wouldn't have been with him unless he excelled in bed. Marlene had thought it worthwhile taking a huge risk double-dating when hanging out for a proposal from Frank Wainscot.

Perhaps she might really like this guy? He had a solid look about him, an athlete's body, dark wavy hair and beautiful green eyes. The truth was she'd been hooked the moment she saw him look at her appreciatively, knowing that was the look of a guy carnally assessing a woman.

The bell rang again.

She jumped, startled, and groaned, "Oh god, please don't fluster yourself."

She opened the door and her confidence returned when they immediately locked eyes.

He pulled something from behind his back.

Flowers.

How lovely, she thought and giggled when Mr Charmer said, "I chose flowers instead of chocolates because I wish no harm to your perfect body."

"How do you know I have a good body?"

"I have eyes and you roomed with Marlene at a summer camp."

"Yes Marlene talks too much."

Delaney closed the door behind her guest and Tanner turned and said, "Delaney there's something you ought to know about me. I'm without a job and virtually broke."

"So Marlene told me. You know she talks. But your situation will change won't it?"

"Yes it's just the economic climate is working against me. I have great credentials."

Delaney eyed him and said coolly she bet he had. "It's customary to kiss the hostess."

He gave her a small peck.

She said great kiss and then wished she'd not said that because he looked away. She decided it was time to stop this nonsense.

"You can't be shy if you've been going out with Marlene for almost a month. She wouldn't tolerate it."

"I-I have no wish to deceive you."

"You've told me you are jobless and near penniless. What else is there to know?"

"Nothing," he shrugged helplessly. "I think of myself as a regular guy and my highly critical aunt I've living with really likes me and that's saying something."

"I bet she loves you. Here, allow me to give you a proper kiss."

Tanner felt himself come near to wetting himself when Delaney's tongue forced his lips open and entered his mouth briefly.

"There Tanner, stop being someone you're not and making me out to be a stuck-up lady that I'm not."

"All right."

"All right what?"

"I'm looking forward to having sex with you Delaney when you're ready."

"I'm usually ready you ungallant asshole," Delaney said, giggling and taking his arm. Let's have a quick tour and then a drink. There's champagne if you wish."

"I wish."

"Good boy. Why did you say you'd have champagne?"

"Because I know women like it and I thought you might like me drinking champagne with you."

"You can have something else?"

"No champagne is fine."

After dinner was cleared away Delaney said, "Let's sit and talk on the sofa. I want to hear you talk about yourself and I'll tell you something about me."

"Fair enough. That was a lovely meal. It's a wonder some guy hasn't grabbed you purely for your culinary skill."

"Guys don't have cooking in mind when they grab me."

"I'll sit over here."

"Sit beside me Tanner. I want you sitting beside me."

"Okay. Well one night nine months before I was born..."

Delaney giggled. "Just the headlines will do."

They shared lifetime highlights for the next couple of hours until Delaney said, "Another coffee before you go?"

"Huh? Oh no thanks. I should go."

Just before Tanner stepped out into the hallway from the luxury apartment they kissed, unhurriedly and sweetly. He finished by kissing the tip of her nose and saying, "A great evening Delaney. You're a fine hostess."

"Why thank you. Give me your mobile number."

"I leave it switched off to economize."

She smiled and said yes of course and went off to fetch a pad and pen.

Tanner made sure she saw him looking at her tits as she returned. "I'm surprise you seek further contact. I-I though I didn't go down all that well."

"God I bet modesty is rare for you. For your information I found you warm, friendly and sweet and you kiss like an angel. At the very least I wish us to be good friends. You might be surprised to know potentially how far I could go with a great male friend."

"I er wait in wonder."

"Oh very good. Please write down your aunt's name and phone number. I'll call."

Delaney called on Wednesday evening and they arranged to go out to dinner Saturday. She said she'd pay and he was not to fuss.

"Daddy wants to know the name of your university. He might be able to find some job leads for you."

"What does your father do?"

"As little as possible but he is a professional company director."

"Wow, thanks. He'll know people in high places."

"Very high places. I dream of you kissing me every night."

Tanner laughed and said that was funny, he'd dreamt of Delaney kissing him and attempting to undress him over his protests.

She laughed and accused him of making that up."

"Guilty but I have been thinking about you."

"Oooh. Oh we are going to have sex aren't we?"

"Yes and providing you're not too small for me."

"Tanner, don't be foul. I'll call you when I learn why daddy wants to investigate you."

"To check my behavior record to see whether I'm of suitable repute to be associating with his daughter."

Delaney called again two hours when Tanner was out running. He returned the call after showering and she asked, "Daddy says you have a pretty impressive academic record and your sports record is huge tribute to you. Now that's pretty extravagant language for daddy. However he's worried about one thing. You received eleven job offers towards the end of your final year and you rejected them all. He wants to know why."

"Um for socially responsible reasons."

"Daddy won't wear that."

"Well I'll tell you why and you tell your daddy whatever you like. On my first day as a college freshman this freckled faced weed comes into my room nervously and said, 'I have been allocated this room to share with you. I'll go if you don't want me in your room'. I was dumbfounded by his humility."

Tanner said he invited the kid in and said allocation was allocation and would he like coffee.

"We got talking and I found he'd been unspectacular at school but he outshone everyone on computers. He'd won a scholarship to college. His parents were poor as were his grandparents. His name was Edward Lobb and I said I'd call him Ted and he said his mom wouldn't like that. I said Ted I can even call your Asshole because we are out of reach of your mom. Get it. He laughed and said yeah. Ted comes from Iowa and it was the first time he'd been more than 100 miles from home so I said, "Buddy when we complete our master's degrees you and I are going on a road trip throughout America. His eyes lit up and he said, 'No shit?' and I said no shit and he said in that case he'd have to go on beyond a BSc."