The Demon in Me Ch. 01: Aly

Story Info
In the town of Dentra, no one is safe.
852 words
3.83
2.7k
1
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/11/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
octypie
octypie
1 Followers

IT HAD BEEN FIVE HOURS...

And I still couldn't find the hotel. I wasn't sure where I was exactly, town-wise. I think the truck driver said Dentra? Either way he wouldn't let me off directly in town. Nope, I had to walk like three miles to get past town lines. In the cold. With no jacket. Which seems like an oversight on my part, but actually isn't. It's only September and the place where the truck picked me up was having a warm day.

Regardless. Five hours wandering around Dentra and I could not for the life of me find a place to crash for the night. And considering that some seedy old man had given me seedier directions, this is perhaps not much of a shock. I kept coming back to a bar for some reason, although again, perhaps not much of a shock.

Well...I mean all this walking was thirsty work. And I was pretty freaking cold so...

Of course I headed for the bar. And I was ten percent happier upon reaching the inside of it. It was warm, and there was an air of good cheer. A couple eyes fell on me as I headed for the nearest barstool, but they were easy to ignore. Harder to ignore was the siren call of the good Captain behind the bartender.

"Morgan and Coke," I muttered. I expected the bartender to immediately ask for an ID. I know how old I look, and I get it all the time. The shocker came when he merely placed the glass in front of me instead. I kept the frown to myself though and sipped quietly. It was strong. Hoo boy it was strong. I was going to have an interesting time walking home if I indulged in too many more of these cups.

It was around the third glass when the door opened again behind me, sending a shiver down my spine. Mildly irritated I glanced over at the newcomer and briefly locked eyes with the young man. Another shiver went down my back, his smirk was entirely too predatory. Nope. All set thanks. No more one night stands that end with me getting mugged. Nuh-uh.

I turned back to my drink, wrapping my hands around it and didn't even glance over as the guy took the next bar stool. In a husky voice he ordered a similar drink. Jack though, instead of the good Captain. It was a nice voice, I had to admit that. It...it was a nice voice.

So I wasn't entirely displeased when he used it on me.

"Let me guess," it was an easy tone, almost as though he wasn't speaking to anyone in particular, but entirely focused on me, "New to town and you can't find a damn thing."

I couldn't keep the helpless grin off my face, apparently I was not the first. When I turned to him, I found that I couldn't keep eye contact for long. Which...was odd. I'm pretty good about looking people right in the eye. But with him...

I could only give him the appraising up and down out of the corner of my eye and well...this close he was more than just a little predatory. He was also cute as hell. It was a dangerous combo, but he didn't look threatening in the normal sense. More like he wanted a good time and then would quickly bail. Which, isn't totally terrible to be honest.

And somehow that thought allowed me to look at him fully, noticing that as soon as I did, a slow smile crossed his features. Oh jeez.

"So what're you drinking?" he wanted to know.

"Rum and coke, same as you. I'm pretty sure I'm at my limit though. I'm Alyssa, Aly."

"Marcus. It's lame, not pretty like yours," he turned his gaze to the bartender and ordered two waters, polishing off his original drink and nudging one of the glasses my way, "So. New in town, completely lost and..." his fingers grazed the back of my hand lightly, sending a tremble down my back, "And too new to realize how cold it is in town this time of year. Here," he shrugged out of his fur-lined jacket and gently bundled me into it. This close I caught a whiff of whatever he was wearing. A light scent, not like most men trolling in bars who bathed in their cologne of choice. Maybe he just naturally smelled pretty. His smile was all too playful as he moved my hair out of the way of the hood, "A welcome gift until you get your own."

"Thanks," I couldn't help the murmur as I pulled it closer around my shoulders. Oh lord it smelt nice.

"If you like I can help you find what you're looking for," he offered.

"I'd like that. I'm just looking for a place to crash. Someone said there was a motel around here but..." he smiled at me again, placed enough money on the bar to cover both our drinks and then some, and took my hand, leading me out into the night.

octypie
octypie
1 Followers