The Dream

Story Info
An artistic, surreal dream and journey into another world.
753 words
4.33
5.4k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You look at the two doors. Each door is decorated the painting of a tree – one painting has a soft willow those branches seem to sway back and forth, like a swing, as if they were pushed by a gentle breeze; the other has a withered tree, dry and leafless, whose dark, thick roots pop out of the ground ominously like tentacles of an octopus. You open your mouth wide, in shock. The tentacles slide against each other, slowly, like cobras in a den, all the while growing even darker and more voluminous. You take a step back, in anticipation of flight. All of a sudden, a tentacle breaks out from the painting, appearing in three-dimensional form, like an ancient Greek sea monster, and wraps itself around you, hurling you up and down, squeezing you, choking you. You struggle, but to no avail, and see yourself drawn closer and closer to the painting, to the sinister, barren tree, whose trunk opens wide, like a shark's mouth, revealing a pair of crimson teeth sharper than daggers. You let out a loud cry, and all fades to black.

****

When you wake up, you find yourself in some sort of a passageway, with white walls lining each side and gothic arches on top. You rub your eyes, adjust your vision, and immediately freeze. No! Those are not white walls, but corpses, thousands and thousands of mummified corpses, draped below the neck with white sacks, each leaning slightly forward, mouth agape and head contorted like a dried grape. You scream. Your scream echoes across the passageway, past hundreds of arches, into the unknown. The ground suddenly shakes up, and everything starts to collapse, as if an earthquake were taking place, and you find yourself falling, deeper and deeper into an abyss.

****

You open your eyes again. A slab of marble, in light green, sits on a stone altar in front of you, engraved with circles, dots, spirals, curvy lines, and shapes of men bowing at the feet of a giant creature, half human and half elephant. A coffin! You walk toward the altar slowly, and, upon reaching the coffin, lift up the lid, revealing a figure dressed, front head to toe, in a suit of tiny jade pieces sown together by bronze nails. You remove the jade mask, and shudder. Beneath the mask lies a skull, slightly cracked, with a few dark strands of hair still remaining on the top, and two rows of deformed, yellowish teeth in the jaw. A small viper pops out from one of the large socket holes. The viper sticks out its fork shaped tongue, makes a distinct hissing sound, opens its mouth, displays its two saber-like fangs, and aims its tiny ruby eyes straight at you. You start to sweat. Suddenly, you feel a push from behind and fall into the coffin, your face kissing the skull. You scream.

****

You find yourself in a Victorian bedroom, which is lit up by the chandelier from above, and adorned, next to the fireplace, with paintings of nude women in various sexual positions. The door opens, and a figure enters. As the figure approaches, one foot over another, and hips swaying, you seize up its features: curled blond tresses, diamond earrings, dark eye lining, scarlet lips, shapely neck, slender arms, bare breasts, red nails, black garters, rosy stockings, and ballet heels. Your heart throbs faster and faster. The figure reaches from behind and pulls out a pistol, aiming it at your head, and before you can protest, fires it. Bang!

****

You stand on a dilapidated watchtower in the mountains. You hear the rapid beating of drums, the blare of horns, the blast of cannons, and the shouts of thousands below the tower. You look below, and tremble. You see thousands of warriors, fitted with pointed helms, covered with brigandine suits, armed with hooked lances and large shields, and mounted on armored horses. Swords clash and blood spills. Hundreds of banners, in various colors and with emblems of different animals, fill the mountainside; millions of fire arrows illuminate the sky and, like firecrackers, explode, producing vast quantities of flame and smoke. You look past the smoke and flame. A lone eagle soars, its wings spread wide, gliding past the mountains, toward the large puffs of rapidly shifting clouds that line the horizon. You smile. You open your arms, spread them wide, and, taking large breaststrokes, lift off, away from the bloodshed, away from the madness, and into the heavens.