The Du Page Affair Ch. 10

Story Info
The first trip outside Du Page.
1k words
11.5k
1
0

Part 10 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/28/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers

This is an original work by Zeb_Carter and is protected under (c) copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only being submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

House Calls -- Part I

In the aftermath of destruction that had hit the city by the lake, there stood a beacon of hope and safety. Even though the rest of the country was spared, those who lived on the shores of the great lake were not so fortunate. Amidst the chaos and destruction there stood a building, several buildings really, tall on the desolate plain. It could be seen for miles in almost any direction.

It became a point of contention, hospitality, safety and sudden violence. For behind these walls were those with compassion for their fellow man. For those seeking help those inside these walls were there to console and heal. For those seeking to dominate and take for themselves, there was violence beyond their comprehension. For among the doctors and nurses and gentle people at Campus Du Page there was a warrior. A warrior armed with weapons of such power as to be able to dominate or destroy all those who came to do harm.

John had wanted to keep Michelle and Susan out of what was to come but it was inevitable and planned that they were together at the time the six bombs were detonated. The bombs were nuclear, but advanced force field technologies were used to place fields around the explosions before any radiation could escape. The shock waves were another story, they caused devastation beyond comprehension.

The devastation caused by the weapons was complete. But through it all there were survivors, survivors who would need food and medical attention. It was expedient to make the medical building and those surrounding it a place where any survivor could come for comfort and aid.

In the days and weeks that followed many came. Those who came truly looking for aid were welcomed with open arms. Those who came looking to take for themselves were dealt with harshly as there was no time to coddle or try to rehabilitate them. John simply took them to task, killing when necessary, drove them away with directions to the nearest evacuation station on the frontier.

For those inside the zone of destruction had been isolated from the rest of the world until the government was sure there were no toxins and contaminates in the air and if there were they could be cleaned from the sky and the earth. They were therefore basically on their own, except for the ever increasing supply drops every now and then. With time the days became routine within the Campus of Du Page.

It had been three months since the event and their day to day lives had settled into a routine. Sixteen hours on eight off. There was nothing else, but work for those at Du Page. People to care for, food to prepare, things to repair, watches to stand. For there were those still out there that would try to gain power by any means necessary, power for them alone.

So far two groups had shown up to try and take possession of Du Page. One numbered forty in strength with twenty or so hostages. They attacked without warning and were turned back by the barrier. They then attempted to extort what they wanted using the hostages. John was truly sorry that twenty of their number died from various wounds. The hostages survived and were allowed to enter campus Du Page. The rest were disarmed and turned away.

From the hostages was learned of many more groups that traded in humans like them. Stories were told of cannibalism and depravities beyond description. What went on in the Zone was in essence 'every man for himself'. They also learned of groups and camps of survivors that welcomed survivors to their ranks, not as hostages, but as free men and women. Able to come and go as they pleased, the only thing asked of them was help in foraging for food and medicines.

It was after these first hostages where freed and John found out about the atrocities being performed that he decided it was time for him to do little recon trips to these camps that traded in human flesh.

"I have to go out into the desolation for some time. I will be back in about five days," he told Michelle and Susan one day at lunch.

"What? No you're not, you can't, it's dangerous out there," Michelle said, worry tingeing her voice.

"Uh uh," Susan added.

"I have too, there are people out there being hurt and abused, I can't, I will not let that happen. You understand?"

"Why you, what's wrong with the government. They seemed to have abandoned us here. Why? And why do you think you need to go?" Michelle was upset to say the least. Susan had just stared at her food on the table since her 'Uh uh'.

"Michelle, Susan, I have too. I am the only one who can. I can promise you I will not be in any danger. There are only a couple of camps I need to visit, you know that."

"Fine, then I'm coming with you," Michelle said with conviction.

"No, I'm going with him," Susan shouted almost jumping up out of her chair.

"Neither of you are coming with me. You know neither of you can leave with the survivors wandering in here every day. You can't lay that kind of work on the rest of the doctors. Maybe once things have settled down we can start house calls for you doctors. Until then I will be the only one going out on rounds. You hear me?"

"Yes we hear you. But once things settle down we are the first to go. We'll flip for which of us goes first, but one of us is going first," said Michelle through clenched teeth.

"Fine, when that day comes I'll let you two fight it out as to who is first and who is second."

"You wish," Susan said laughing.

"I will be leaving at sunrise. So until then I'm free for some extracurricular activity."

"You wish," Michelle said laughing even harder.

John smiled getting up from the table he turned, walking for the door of the break room. Tomorrow would be the start of something new. The people out there needed help, reassurances, medical attention. John was going to see they received what they needed.

To be continued...

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

QuaranTeam - Dave in Dallas Ch. 01 Surviving a horrible plague has unusual conditions.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Watching The Detectives Ch. 04 Scott warns Kat to back off on her snooping into the past...in Non-Erotic
Watching The Detectives Ch. 03 Kat ups the ante in her game vs the crooked private dicks.in Non-Erotic
Quaranteam: Mike's Hurdles Ch. 01 Mike discovers that he is not immune to the pandemic.in Mind Control
Quaranteam - Book Two (Ch. 01) Andy Rook's problems are just beginning...in Group Sex
More Stories