The Ebony Alpha Ch. 17

Story Info
The Power of the Luna Stone.
5.3k words
4.76
19.2k
32
10

Part 17 of the 27 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/16/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lefyr couldn't believe his eyes. The man Joe Chambers had been stabbed with the jewel handled dagger that his Goddess had enchanted.

The scene was quite disturbing because he knew he didn't have magical powers. Had the Goddess of Liosalfar really given deathly power to the blade?

So many people were moving around and he didn't know where he belonged. Seeing Jobel and Serena to the left of him, he made his way to the pair.

"Serena, Jobel." Lefyr said nodding in their direction. "Is there somewhere we could speak privately?"

Jobel nodded and holding Serena by the arm he led then to a bench in the garden that surrounded the main house.

"I am so sorry to bother you at this time, but I have a confession to make."

The mated Elder pair looked at the large blonde man with suspicion and waited for him to speak.

"On the night of the dinner when we met again, I first ran into Fabio in the elevator. We struck up a quick friendship and before I knew it I was doing him a favor."

The look Serena gave Jobel was filled with fear, and she held tighter to his arm as Lefyr continued.

"The aura of our Goddess was surrounding him and I was compelled to do as he asked. I thought it was my last task to complete."

"What did my friend request of you Lefyr?" Serena asked in a whisper.

"He wanted me to put an enchantment on a jewel handled dagger. He explained it was for added security measures. In return he promised to make sure I met you that night."

Lefyr shook with grief. He thought his Goddess had not magically altered the dagger, but now he was not so sure.

"It is the very same dagger that lies inside of Joe Chambers as we speak." Lefyr added to erase all doubt.

Serena gasped and turned her face into Jobel's large chest. He closed his eyes and held his mate tightly. He knew that Fabio was angry. But he never thought he would knowingly try to murder someone protected by the Clarion Alpha.

Fabio would never be able to show his face again. For a wolf that was a death sentence in itself. They needed the comfort of their own kind and he would never be able to find it. He would be on the run for the rest of his life and that was a long time for a Were.

"I don't understand Lefyr what do you mean your last task?" Serena asked in confusion.

Lefyr sighed and looked at the couple before him.

"I was punished for not telling the Elders who had taken The Luna Stone. I was banished to this land and sentenced to complete three tasks all without the use of my magical powers. I still have my immortality, but I am at the mercy of the Goddess and must do her bidding."

"I am sorry you had to suffer for protecting me Lefyr. I did not know what had happened to you." Serena looked at Lefyr with sad eyes.

"It is almost over my old friend. I should be free to leave right now, but obviously my tasks are not complete. There must be something left for me to do."

"We must tell the Alpha what has occurred Jobel. Maybe they can help Joe with this information."

Serena pulled her mate's arm and they headed toward the main house. The medical ward was in the basement and they knew Joe would be taken there.

"Are you sure you want to go with us Lefyr? What if the Alpha does not understand why you helped Fabio with such and unusual request?"

"I am not afraid Serena. There is nothing he can do to me that has not already been done." He looked at Serena pointedly and kept walking toward the large brick building.

****

The medical ward was in a state of chaos. Anderson Clarion was helping keep order since his son was otherwise occupied. Ophelia Clarion stood by his side offering her support. The small pack that called Joe Alpha had assembled in the small space as well.

Abraham and Hazel, along with Ambrose and Becky; were the last to arrive. They were in a state of shock and wanted to shift to give their alpha protection. Anderson calmed the young men and they sniffed the necks of their mates to ease their anxiety.

Louisa was sitting transfixed in the corner of the small waiting area her arms hugged around her chest. Raphael stood by and watched over her, knowing that Joe's death would be the end of her as well.

A large man in scrubs entered the room and addressed the group gathered there.

"Alpha I have good news. We were able to remove the weapon and stop the bleeding. The patient is stable and resting comfortably." The doctor looked at his Alpha grimly and waited for the good news to soak in.

"But..." Anderson said, waiting for the bad news that always accompanied the good.

"He is in a coma and he is not healing. The blade must have been magical because he is Were, he should have healed already."

"HIS NAME IS JOE CHAMBERS! HE IS MY MATE AND, HE CANNOT DIE!" Louisa had stood up and moved at lightning speed grabbing the doctor by his green scrub neckline.

Anderson gently pulled Louisa from his pack healer and walked her back to her seat. Raphael kneeled before her whispering soothing words trying to calm her down. Her tears streamed unchecked as she rubbed her belly unconsciously.

****

Penelope stood to the side of the room hugging her distraught daughter, while Abraham stood close to the door of Joe's room.

Ambrose joined him and Becky clung to Penelope as well. Penelope felt like she should be doing something to solve this crime.

Her ASI training was ingrained in her very being and standing around waiting for Joe to die was not very practical to her. But she couldn't leave Hazel's side.

She looked around her and noticed the ragged breathing of Louisa and her hand caressing her middle. "No way!" Penelope thought as she looked at the weeping woman.

It was like her life was repeating itself right before her very eyes. She closed her eyes and sent a silent prayer up to her Goddess.

"Oh most powerful, and wonderful Luna. Please don't let this family be torn apart as mine was. Heal him Oh Goddess. Please let him live."

As Penelope opened her eyes she saw Jobel and Serena enter the room and speak quietly to Anderson.

"He what!" Anderson exclaimed looking through the door to the outer room. Jobel held tightly to his friend's arm and tried to explain further.

"He was under the impression that Fabio was a part of the security staff and wanted to help."

"But I don't understand; I was under the impression that our mysterious guest didn't have his powers."

"You are right Anderson, he does not, but our Goddess does." Serena said this with a sad resignation.

Their Goddess of light had her reasons and they were not revealed to just anyone.

"Will he be able to help Joe in any way?" Anderson asked expectantly.

"He does not think so, but he wanted you to at least know who did this. We feel very badly. Fabio was distraught after the hearing and did not speak to us much after the sentencing."

"I must speak to him at once." Anderson said with authority. He opened the door and motioned for Lefyr to enter the waiting room.

"Mr. Haemir please come in." Anderson stood to the side and Lefyr walked into the room. His hair had fallen over his shoulder and he swept it back with a swipe of his hand. Penelope was stricken dumb by the scent of the tall man as he stood before Anderson bravely.

"Alpha Clarion I put myself at your mercy. I am the one who caused the blade to become enchanted. I led Fabio Marconi to the magical circle where my Goddess strengthened the dagger."

Louisa slowly rose from her seat as she heard the words Lefyr spoke. She stared at him with golden fire swimming in her eyes and her wolf was about to break free. Moving at the same speed as Louisa did; Penelope blocked her path to Lefyr shielding his body with her own.

"This is not your fight Penelope Clarion, this man has caused my mate harm. Move out of my way." Louisa was quiet but a deadly force colored her every word.

"I am afraid this is my fight Louisa Metairie. This man is my mate, and as he is powerless to protect himself. You will have to go through me." Penelope stood ready to defend the shocked man behind her as his scent enveloped her senses.

"Louisa please return to your seat. Lefyr did not stab your mate, Fabio Marconi did. You will harm no one under our protection."

Louisa looked at Anderson with grief written all over her face and fell into Raphael's arms.

Penelope slowly turned her back on Louisa and looked at the beautiful man she had claimed.

"I am Penelope and as you have just heard I claim you as my mate, do you deny the pull?"

Lefyr stood motionless as the beautiful dark haired woman eyed him with confidence. She was nothing like his people and was so short she didn't even reach his shoulder. But her eyes held him captive and his heart was racing wildly in his chest.

"I acknowledge the pull Penelope, and I cannot deny your claim." This was not exactly what Penelope had expected to hear, but he was not Were. He was Fae and different from her species.

She would accept this for now, but the passion she was expecting was not there. She wedged her body between Lefyr and Anderson and breathed in his scent. Yes the call of his scent could not be ignored he was her mate.

****

Hosuk stood before Jackson and his distraught mate.

"Alpha I will help release you from your mate and shield you from the crowd."

Hosuk waved his hands above the tied couple and Jackson felt his stiff cock soften and slowly slide from Megan's warmth. Sighing he waited as their combined fluids drained onto the stone altar and helped Megan up.

They watched distractedly as Hosuk wiped up the evidence of their mating with both of their garments saturating the gold and white roes with their scents. Understanding settled on Jackson and he thanked his Shaman for his intelligent forethought.

"I will hang these on the altar. Anyone who wants to get your scent will have to get it from there."

Megan looked around her at the quickly thinning crowd and wondered if the attacker was still among them.

Jackson took her by the hand and led her back to the main house. Her state of undress didn't seem to bother her as she followed her mate down the path.

"Megan we will get something to wear and find Joe and Louisa right away. My father has contacted me and they are in the medical wing."

"Okay." Megan replied not really registering his words. She was just putting one foot in front of the other, finding the feeling of sadness hard to bear.

Fearing his mate's state of mind Jackson stopped and scooped her up into his arms, he ran the rest of the way to the main house.

The concerned crowd parted for their Alpha and Delphi handed them a change of clothes as they entered the foyer.

"They are in the medical wing Alpha. The Chambers Alpha has not regained consciousness."

"Thank you Delphi we are on our way there now." Jackson carried Megan into his office and dressed her and then himself. He was becoming worried about his mate and reached out to her.

"Megan my love please come back to me." Megan blinked her eyes and looked at the concerned face of her mate before her.

Taking in a deep breath she began to cry shaking as the heaviness of grief overtook her body.

"Is Joe still alive Jackson? I couldn't bear it if he died. Louisa must be so upset." Megan spoke between sobs her chest heaving as she struggled to breathe normally.

"As of right now Joe still lives my mate. But I'm afraid you're right Louisa is very upset. I think she needs you right now."

Jackson led Megan down to the basement and into the Medical Ward. He could smell the fear, anger and grief coming from the small waiting room.

"Jackson I am so glad you two are here." Ophelia hugged her son tightly and then embraced Megan.

"How is Joe doing right now?" Jackson asked looking at the occupants in the room.

"He is stable but not responsive. Matt informed us that he is in a coma and not healing." Anderson replied eyeing Louisa cautiously, noting that she was unresponsive as well.

Megan walked over to Louisa and knelt before her taking her hands in her own. "Mama Louisa I am here now, we will get through this together."

Louisa looked at Megan and ran her fingers through her hair, but didn't reply. Raphael looked at Megan and shook his head.

"She needs time cousin. As soon as she can see Joe I think she will come around." Megan nodded and settled at Louisa's feet to wait.

She had no intention of leaving her side. Louisa kept smoothing her hair distractedly and Megan leaned her head against her knees.

Anderson filled Jackson in on Lefyr's role in the situation and Jackson could only stare at the man. He didn't know what to think right now.

His aunt claiming him as mate made the situation more complicated, but all he could think about was a solution to Joe's injury.

As the concerned group comforted themselves a green light slowly surrounded Joe's bed and soon engulfed his room.

The nurse taking care of Joe quickly called for the doctor, and they stood at the window helplessly because they couldn't open the door.

Matt quickly contacted Anderson.

"Anderson, we have a problem please come to Alpha Chamber's room right away." Anderson sent Jackson the same message and they both left the waiting room.

"What's wrong Matt? I thought everything was going smoothly." Jackson asked quietly.

"Just take a look at this My Alpha." Matt pulled back the curtain outside of Joe's room and the eerie green glow was revealed to the two Clarion men.

"What the hell is that?" Jackson asked as he tried to open the door to Joe's room.

"We have no idea, and also we can't open the door." Matt sighed as the two men kept trying to open the door. They couldn't believe they were no match to whatever had taken possession of the room.

"Get Jobel and Serena out here Jackson. I think this is something they might understand." Jackson contacted the two through his bond and they came into the hallway.

Serena became very upset when she saw the green light and squeezed herself tightly to Jobel's side.

"It's the Goddess of my people Jackson. She has taken over Joe's being."

"Why would she do that? He has no dealing with your people, what is really going on here Serena?"

"Call for Lefyr he can explain." Jobel said stiffly and Jackson sent Matt to ask for Lefyr.

Lefyr and Penelope came out of the waiting room and they stopped at the sight of the eerie green light.

"Do you have anything to do with this Lefyr? What business does your Goddess have with Joe Chambers?"

"I allowed the dagger that harmed him to be enchanted and Fabio Marconi used it to injure your friend."

"I see, and how was this accomplished without your powers? Did you lie to me?" Jackson was not happy.

His mating ceremony had been violently disrupted; and his mate was physically and emotionally upset. This was not something he wanted to deal with right now. This was supposed to be a joyous time for him and his pack.

Lefyr did not fear for his life. He was immortal after all, but he did fear for the man in the hospital bed.

He saw the light and knew he was supposed to do something, but what? Suddenly the light surrounded Lefyr and he fell to his knees.

"Now is the time to return the precious item that was taken. But only the Chosen One can heal this man." Penelope dropped to her knees beside Lefyr and waited for him to open his eyes.

Unfortunately everyone around him was motionless. As always he hated it when this happened and smiled when he saw the Serena was unaffected as well.

"The Luna Stone, you must return it Lefyr." She whispered.

"You heard her too?" He whispered back. Serena nodded.

"We must get Megan she is the bearer of the stone."

Serena left to get Megan and Lefyr prepared himself to face the stilled bodies around him. Slowly they began to move and he held on to Penelope so that she wouldn't fall over.

"What the hell was that?" Jackson growled as his body regained its movement.

"That was the Goddess of light Alpha Clarion. She has given us a clue as to what we must do."

Serena returned with Megan just at that moment and she stood before the window of Joe's room.

"You must go to him Madame Alpha. You wear the Luna Stone and it will only obey your command."

"Megan isn't going anywhere, especially in that room. We don't know what that is in there and I won't see her hurt."

"Jackson if this will help Joe you must let me do what I can. I can't let him die, it will kill Mama Louisa." Megan looked at Jackson with love in her eyes and pleaded with him silently. He sighed in aggravation and sought help from his father.

"I think she is right my son. This is bigger than all of us and we must defer to those who know better right now."

Jackson looked at Lefyr and growled. "If anything happens to her I will kill you on the spot."

Lefyr nodded and led Megan to the door of Joe's room. Megan turned the handle and it opened with ease.

Surprise colored everyone's face as she entered the room and the door closed behind her. The light in the room suddenly zoomed in on the stone around Megan's neck.

The light became even brighter and ricocheted off of the Luna Stone and onto the wound in Joe's chest.

Both Joe and Megan became illuminated with the green light, and the whole ward began to shake as if an earthquake was happening.

Everyone ran out of the waiting room into the hall. They all froze when they saw Megan and Joe glowing from the green light.

Louisa walked forward slowly and Raphael held her back fearing for her baby.

"Let me go Raphael I want to be with Joe!" She wailed.

"I can't let you take that chance, you must think of your child." All eyes turned to the fiery red head and she growled at her nephew.

"Shut up Raphael, this is not the time!" She hissed.

"I won't let you interfere. Joe wouldn't want me to let you endanger yourself." Raphael stood his ground and Louisa stopped in her tracks not wanting to cause more of a scene.

She knew if she commanded him, Raphael would have to let her pass. Sighing she looked desperately into the room and trembled with fear. What the hell was going on in there?

****

Megan was in awe, she felt full of power and wonder all at the same time. The light was warm and calming not at all frightening as she feared.

Her whole body was humming as if electricity was flowing through her and straight to Joe.

As the power in the room grew stronger the earthquake like tremors started once more. The pictures on the wall fell to the ground and the crowd in the hallway held on to each other for support.

Suddenly the building was thrown into complete darkness, so dark that the wolves couldn't breach its depth.

Serena and Lefyr didn't share their handicap and looked at the room with captivated eyes. Megan was nowhere to be seen and Joe was still in the bed. A light began to emanate from the room again and it was coming from Joe.

The bandage on Joe's chest burned to a crisp and curled up falling away. The light seeped into the wound, healing it completely. Joe's chest looked as if there had never been an injury there and his skin was smooth again.

The light in the room slowly faded and Megan shook in fear as everything went black. The Luna Stone was in pieces around her, the chain still around her neck.

As they had feared the power of the stone was great, but also destructive.

****

Megan let the darkness engulf her mind as she lay on the cold tile floor. Her mind was working overtime as she tried to figure out where she was.

"Hello Megan." Hosuk stood in her mind beckoning her to follow him.

How did he do that she thought, as she followed him deeper into her subconscious. Hosuk stopped abruptly and pointed to something in front of him.

Megan walked around him and smiled in wonder at the animal siting on its haunches looking at her.

12