All Comments on 'The End'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 262 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars...

... and I completely agree with 2ndThoughts. A very realistic and enjoyable story.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 12 years ago
The most unrealistic part

was the gym.

His first time in a gym and he was let loose on his own to wander around trying machines?

I think every other point has been covered.

Maybe this one has, I didn't read all 102 comments.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 BE CAREFUL IN FOOLING PEOPLE

remember you too are people, TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Two Lines mark the man -

" You won't feel like sex until I run a marathon, wash the car, mow the yard, find a cure for cancer, and lick your clit, all while standing on my head

and

"You always were a sharp cookie, Bonnie. Don't let the door hit you on the ass!" I nodded and opened the cold beer.

He played her like a pro and won in the end with minimal further cost to his own self esteem - it had been beaten up enough

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
HOLY FUCK STORIES YOU PUT YOUR BOXERS BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some times if you ain't got nothing good to say just shut the fuck up. That is something my Grand Dad told me back in 1968, then he went on to say that back in his days it might get you shot. I rest my case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she was a whore

be good for her to catch a disease and rot.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
always

always a good read. 5

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
A masterclass in short story telling

Definitely a classic.

theanalisttheanalistalmost 11 years ago
wish the story was one paragraph longer

yeah I know hdk has a class of his own and end in a way letting us draw our own conclusion. I just hope he added an epilogue were he hook up with tiffany. that's more satisfying than drawing our own conclusion....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wish

the story was 10 pages shorter 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wrong

CAT 0 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well played!

Without going overboard, he laid the trap and let the dumb mouse (his wife) gobble up the cheese! I couldn't believe it when she stupidly signed the post-nup contract. Even an idiot would have known that she was being setup. Good to see the man get away unscathed for once.

tae352001tae352001over 10 years ago
Awesome

To the last comment..... The bitch had no respect for her husband, considered him a fool and idiot. That is why she signed. Took him for granted that he would never find out.. Remember this.... the world is a small place. You cannot hide forever or lie forever either. great job

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Awesome revenge ...could've been harsher.

Well written enjoyable entertainment with the skank getting her just rewards. Author missed an opportunity in reporting the lovebirds to their employer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
can we hope

for the end of your tells *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The end sucks

Everything is right before the end. It's a shame of history.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
letting her go on

He let her go on cheating for a while, yes.

The purpose of that was to give himself time.

Time to get ready for living alone.

Time to heal, so when the split happened he was already over the loss.

Time to come up with that beautiful plan instead of settling for less.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
CHEATERS SEEM TO FORGET

about more rope and why it was given, TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
One of the Great Ones!

This is one of the great ones on this site! It is one where a normal man can relate to the the emotions of the husband as well as his actions! Dead on!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
5 stars!

Man oh man, I loved this one!

Find out about the cheating cunt, set her up and then ream her out!

Can it get any better than that?

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 9 years ago
Nicely done......

Fair is fair in war and peace. Nicely conceived and nicely wordsmithed. Thank you.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Wonderful

No excuses. No "Woe is me, I can't live without her, why me?" crap. No forgive her and take her back garbage. Just move on. And take her to the cleaners in court - a nice bonus. You don't have to murder her, but you DO require some bit of vengeance, and we got it nicely here.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also

A lot of comments about the 'fairness' and the settlement. Was it fair? Yes.As others have stated, she had every chance to divorce him before. She originated the idea in an effort to humiliate him even more, because SHE suspected HIM of cheating at the time she signed it! She tried to leave HIM penniless! No one forced her signature, she thought she had a windfall coming, and signed voluntarily, because she thought she was smarter! If it's fair for the cheating to come up with a plan to clean him out, then it's fair when it backfires!

As to whether on not she will be left penniless? No, she won't. No court will ever uphold a contract leaving one spouse with all the assets, and the other with no support system. Not after twenty-odd years of marriage. A judge would definitely modify the settlement, not as far as 50/50, but she would definitely get something as maintenance and some share of the assets, unless she declined them, which, of course, this spiteful bitch would never do!

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
wow

this is easily the best story you have.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@krosis666 re Settlement

It's quite possible the settlement WON'T be modified, because she has a high-paying job so will hardly be left penniless.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Great one!

"I was just glad she didn't start telling me that it was only sex and that she really loved me, and only me. I had reached the conclusion that she didn't love me, and I wondered if she even loved herself!"

That's it in a nutshell! There was no love her at all. People are motivated by either fear/desire (selfishness) or love (caring for themselves and others). We all have the potential for both, it is courage, self control and our ability to make a choice that defines who we are in the end.

Conclusion: People who make bad choices are bad people. Bad people are bad influences. It is a bad idea to allow bad influences in your life. It is a great idea to get rid of them!

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
good story

it really is. it has always been my contention that, most females are very shallow individuals. that's not to say that some men aren't the same way. this story was, and is a wake up call for individuals (mature) as to why they got married to begin with. your supposed to love the one you marry, not just lust, or looking for an easy way out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just hard to understand how she changed so drastically without his knowing sooner.

If he was that distant that she could turn into such a hateful selfish shrew without his noticing the progression from good wife to slut, then he must be really distant, or dense. So I'm not sure he deserves any sympathy for her cheating. He did the right things in the right way, but how they even got to such a hateful state is the real story I'd like to read. Just saying the kids left home and they got bored and distant is bullshit. When our kids left the nest it was, and continues to be, party time! We loved parenting while it lasted, but this next phase is pretty cool, with the right spouse. Sucks to be him, but I suspect his gym partner will help him through the pain :).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very Good

She deserved exactly what she got. Nothing from him.

mewanglongmewanglongalmost 9 years ago
Gave it a five!!!!

Good story. BTC!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's never very satisfying revenge

When you take that revenge on a moron. Could Bonnie have really been THAT stupid or THAT arrogant? The minute she read the legal agreement she should have put two and two together and gotten divorce. Hubby not asking for sex, gone all the time and happy to boot? She would have gotten half of everything if she had been a little smarter.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
She Did Herself

Revenge? Not really, she did it to herself. She did the crime, signed the post-nup and kept on committing the crime. You know what? She probably didn't love anyone! She didn't love her kids or her future grandkids - why would they ever want to see the woman who hurt their father and disgraced their family? She didn't love her husband, her words and actions made that very clear. Sadly, as mentioned in the story, cheaters really do not care about themselves or are too stupid to understand the self destructive nature of cheating, and betrayal. You destroy your own reputation by proving that you are stupid and untrustworthy. Why would anyone trust you at work, in a friendship, in any relationship if your own husband and family couldn't trust you? The answer is simple: they can't! Never, ever trust a cheater, there is something wrong with them, they can't help it, will screw you over.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Glad

Glad that he didn't continue the bad relationship out of pure inertia as so many do.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

How stupid can you be? The fucking cheating cunt in this tale takes the cake. She actually signed the post-nup thinking she could go on fucking her jerkoff lover and not have any worry. Stupid raunchy cunt. Now she lost everything. Oh, her lover lost also.

Stupid fucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The reason

I think she signed the post nup was simply because cheaters are selfish..paranoid and stupid...selfish, because they decide that their personal wants and desires should come before their partners, paranoid, because...as Mr knight said, cheaters assume everyone else cheats, and stupid, cause they think they will never get caught...I'm sorry to those who think it's okay to screw around....but, sooner or later...you. Will. Get. Caught, dumbass

Dave from California

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yea annony you might be right. But they make great LW stories

and you read every one just like the rest of us. You're the dumbass. gave this a 5 for content and annony really liked it..

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
A SHARP COOKIE

turns and crumbles when old. TK U MLJ LV NV

talis13talis13over 8 years ago
Beatles forever

"Sometimes Paul would make us do these really fruity songs. I mean, my god, 'Maxwell’s Silver Hammer' was so fruity."

- George Harrison

''As far as I'm concerned, there won't be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead,'' George Harrison

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lol

Enough said lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I hate to burst your bubble, but.....

Such a post nup would never hold up in court. She might get somewhat less than half because of the adultery in a state that's not no fault, but especially since he had prior knowledge, which would be easy to prove, she'd get more than nothing. To get nothing would be against public policy, even considering the adultery.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
Anon,

I don't remember the time frame between the agreement and the confrontation, assuming a few days, How would his wife prove he knew of her affair.? Assuming the agreement was unenforceable.

Enjoy the story,it was very good

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well chilley...

He told the whole story to an officer of the court; even if the protagonist decided to perjure himself, every deposition I've taken has always been under oath so his gym ladyfriend would corroborate the other evidence that he knew prior to the post-nup.

Anyway, great story, gave it a 5, because HDK isn't about prepping for the bar exam, he is about fun, which makes his stories a pleasure to read.

MrVdogMrVdogabout 8 years ago
He didn't 'know' until he saw them in the act

No court would have granted a divorce based on adultery before the climactic scene - all he had was an overheard conversation without witnesses, no proof at all. I think the agreement could easily have been upheld.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 8 years ago
To you legal eagles of the so-called 'justice' system: ... Why is it OK to hold a MAN to the letter of the law on this contract but not a WOMAN?

Good story.... Gave it 5 stars because there's no option for 6.

She signed an agreement and then, thinking that it was safe to break it, got caught doing just that. The agreement was signed, witnessed and notarized. What difference does it make which one of them broke it? The agreement was a CONTRACT between two people that was made for a reason, but because she's woman, it should it NOT be honored and enforced?? Invalidating that agreement would only point out how corrupt our legal system is. You can bet the farm that, if it was the MAN who broke it, it would be enforced to the LETTER OF THE LAW. (He'd be broke and out on his ass so fast that he'd starve to death bouncing.)

The legal system has been raping men in our divorce courts and in child custody hearings forever. With all the male lawyers and legislators who end up being divorced, seems they'd change the laws to make the system fair and apply harshly to the GUILTY party, not just the man... BECAUSE HE'S NOT FEMALE. In depth interrogation of children will ferret out false claims of parental abuse and open the door to severe prosecution of those who'd use the system to do permanent harm their ex partner.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
nicely told story

There's a saying that goes ' if you gIve people enough rope, they will hang themselves '.

I'm a bit surprised Bonnie didn't try to make a case for forgiveness though.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
More Sex?

"Is this a passive aggressive way to get me to have more sex?" - No, in order to have MORE sex you have to have SOME sex!

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
See,

that's the problem with trusting someone and loving them unconditionally. You aren't looking for any hanky-panky and so you don't see any, unless it's thrown in your face. I have no idea whether my wife has messed around on me during our marriage, I haven't seen it, no one's told me anything about it and I haven't had any epiphanies about anything like that. I really don't think that she has, but who knows for sure? So, if a woman is even a little circumspect in her affairs she should be able to get away with it every time. I think that it's when you get full of yourself and lose respect for your spouse, and show it, that you put yourself at risk of exposure. Pretty good story, pretty well written and pretty much worth reading.

kdcee79kdcee79about 8 years ago
Another well told story HDK

It's so good to come back to reading a well told tale from one of the few GOOD authors on this site, especially after reading so much trash that seems to litter the site lately. Thanks HDK, you've restored my faith in LW. A worthy 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
folow up

Great story. Liked it a lot. There should be a chapter 2.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable yarn

HDK , you have some stories that maybe " technically better" than this one , but none are ,IMHO , any more thoroughly enjoyable than this one.

Sometimes those who think they are mentally superior , get tripped up over their own bravado . Its karmic debt that just seems to be just , well , squared up. It's too bad that it doesn't occur often enough , but I guess that only makes it better when it does.

5 *'s

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
Typical

Typical for HDK, that is. Funny as hell, terrifically written, just a little sexy and dripping with irony. I'm always stunned at how simple you make it look. You are the brain surgeon of writing short stories and the rest of us are your interns. Even with the handicap of being a man, you're still the best. My guy!

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

I have enjoyed this story from time to time, and it is good. She was so stupid, or should I say typical. Love to see her in 2 years as a bag lady, pushing a shopping cart from alley to alley, trying to sell blow jobs so she can eat. I don't hate women, I love the good ones. Problem is trying to find one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
being truly effective

True stories about serial cheating wife can be had by visiting Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. Once you have visited profile and become friend you can contact her and let her know you are aware that she lost her job as college instructor in Helena Montana because of her harassment and coercion of a male student. You can also tell her you have read her ''adultery biography'' that details her numerous affairs and the names of her married lovers. Oh yeah, there is also those lovers' email addresses and lets not forget the sex photo.

Very nice breasts for 50ish grandmother even if those 36Cs are implanted. Personally, I do not like the tattoos especially the black widow one above left shoulderblade. And that scar above right breast from melanoma surgery is repulsive

Just being effective

HOPE YOU WILL HELP

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finally A Story I Can Relate To

I am so fucking tired of traitorous, cheating wives that cheat on unsuspecting husbands for months, even years, before they finally get caught. Then they cry and beg forgiveness with claims of "It was only sex. It is only you that I love." Or worse yet, they go on the attack and charge that it was dear old Hubby's fault. He was boring. He was not attentive to her needs. He was all too often too tired for sex. He was married to his job. He had put on weight over the years and was no longer desirable. He had, for these reasons, chased her into the arms of another man. So the husband has no choice but to forgive her and drop the petition for divorce. Sorry, I can no longer stomach such overworked story plot lines. You fucked up the marriage. Not once, but repeatedly. Leaving the husband one and only one option: Divorce. Hallelujah, he's free!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
TOO FUCKING PATIENT

How do you sit around for month knowing what's going on without it showing up somehow in your behavior? at some point you'd blow up at the whore. and to spend so much of that time with no pan of action would have to be more than a man could handle. so I'm sure that our hero is in truth a cuckold. he liked the situation he found himself in.

Thanks for not going through all that stupid shit from her about loving only him, more than life itself, only sex. I appreciate the bitch just gets her shit together and gets the fuck out of HIS house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Do some basic fucking math.

Two people making $100,000 k together have a nice enough life to afford nice houses, club memberships, Taylormades, and nice vacations and the ability to eat out at great restaurant at the drop of a hat.

Two people paying for two places at $50,000 has a much less plush lifestyle. After 25 years of fucking the same woman, she has lost her 'new cunt smell' by a decade or more. So he would be giving up a lot he valued because of a something he valued quite a bit less.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
IMO

Normally,I'm the kind of guy who would have confronted them immediately, at the restaurant. I probably still would. However, he was patient and she wound up screwing herself out of any community property. I would have given you a five if you would have dragged her through more mud at the end . She did earn that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 annony reads another LW story and then

he bitches again!! Day in and day out this insane fool keeps on going!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This a very pleasing story to many, especially the BTB crowd.

I'm sure the author appreciates that, and the author almost always produces really good stories. This is an example of entertaining fare. Unfortunately, the final reckoning for the unfaithful wife would never happen. This is because she would be defrauded in the inducement since he had prior knowledge of her infidelity before the agreement was signed. One, whether in a marital situation or not, cannot bargain away what's theirs (i.e. a presumption of being entitled to an equitable share of the marital estate), without adequate consideration unless an intent to gift that share is strongly shown.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anonymous 3/16/17

How do you presume she can prove he had prior knowledge.? The only person he disclosed it to was the lawyer he worked out with. Hire her and you have lawyer, client priveledge. He never answered his wife. She assumes he knew. Now, prove it.

rpsuchrpsuchabout 7 years ago
anonymous 3/16/17

Even if they could prove he had prior knowledge, his testimony would, credibly, be that he thought her too intelligent to continue her behavior after they signed an agreement that would severely punish it. She could hardly argue that the situation was his fault because he made the mistake of thinking she was too intelligent to continue.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Good

Most insightful line: "I had reached the conclusion that she didn't love me, and I wondered if she even loved herself!"

Love is a verb, not a noun. It is an action word. To love is to act in a caring manner. Loving is caring about another's well being. Certainly she did not care about her husband's well being. Given her actions and the results, she was self destructive - so in essence she did not care about her own well being either. Being that marriage is the most basic partnership that is formed for the purposes of mutual survival and well being - it is self destructive to cheat on that marriage. Even if you don't love your spouse, cheating is foolish.

My best definition of a fool is a person whose arrogance/selfishness has exceeded their intelligence. That means that anyone can be a fool, no matter how intelligent they may be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
not bad

funny story, and slightly less wimpy than HDK's usual offering. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I enjoyable

Very good, a thinking man story. He used his mind He learn what was going on with his wife and controlled his emotions once he knew for sure she was having sex with a man not him.

If only it should be so easy to out smart a cheater but, she though she was too smart to get caught.

(Poor stupid character)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WHAT A PUSSY.

Knowingly standing back for months while you know the wife is fucking around and not having a desire for revenge just strikes me as something a faggot would do. No that's not true. Faggots get down and dirty when they've been wronged. I don't know what this guy is but he is not much of a man. A man goes for the jugular and the bone underneath it. Make the bitch suffer as much as possible. This guy probably wasn't her first. Since he probably correctly assumed that she never loved him, it would be safe to assume she'd been giving it up to who knows how many others before this guy came along.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
so what?

She 'knows' that he knew?

So what?

She has no way to prove it.

Will a judge subpoena everyone the husband knows on the off chance that he let it slip about knowing?

Tiffany?

No one else knows that she knew anything beforehand so if she didn't say anything no one would know.

His parting words are not a direct admission that he knew.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

fag cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5* well done

the dude manipulated the situation and turned the whores actions against her .

the MAN won and didnt let the whore win .

kudos

5*

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
Fun seeing them get what they deserve

He handled it like an intelligent, self-controlled man.

Revenge is living well, and in this case she deserved to be burned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not bad

And hits close to home.

I saw my wife in the arms of another man after we were married 22 years. Our kids were in high school and there was only 3 years before the youngest left for college. There was no doubt what they had been doing in the motel room I watched them exit.

There was no way I could touch the cheating cunt again. Especially knowing who the guy was. The very same who cheated on her while they were in high school and left her broken, at least her heart was. But there she was, fucking our marriage by fucking the same guy who fucked her over by fucking around on her. Fuck!

I moved to the basement couch that night. Bev wanted to know why, I told her I was coming down with the flu or something. Of course the faithless cunt wanted to take care of me, I could only think of her diseased hands touching me. Huh uh. Ain't gonna happen. Her feeling were hurt but I eventually talked her into leaving me alone.

I spent nine days in the basement before Bev or the kids said something. It was our youngest, Kit, who brought it up. She saw me and a buddy moving a new bed into the basement and wanted to know why. Bev's ears perked up and yessir, she wanted to know why, too.

My snoring was bad enough after my flu episode, I was waking myself up during the night, I explained. It wasn't something I wanted their mother to go through, she had to work early each morning (yeah, and fuck in the afternoon). I'd been careful and got pictures of them entering and leaving during the time I was 'sick.'

Bev swore it wouldn't bother her, she would sleep better with a warm body next to her. Man, I barely kept my mouth shut and almost told her to call Tom. I explained a bad toothache was making me toss and turn, too, and it would keep her awake. In the end, she wasn't happy and let me know about it. Bev promised to make me a dentist appointment, but I promised to do it myself. Hell, I even did, it was past time for a cleaning.

It took Ms. Brains eighteen months to figure it out. In the end, she didn't, she stumbled on my reasoning. By then we'd lost our first to college and her room was empty, but I was fixing the basement up into the ultimate man-cave. Some weekends would see a half-dozen of my buddies over watching the game and drinking beer in my temple of man-dom.

We switched from a landline to straight cellphones. Hell, we never used the old home phone any longer. Bev was having troubles with her phone and needed to make a call. I was out mowing the lawn and she used mine. While she had it, Bev decided to snoop. There in my photo gallery was photo after photo of her and Tom entering and leaving room 34 (his high school basketball number) dozens and dozens of times over the past year and a half.

I should mention, over those months Bev did her best to get me interested in her again. A cold, the flu (too many times), toothaches, headaches, sore, tired, you name it, I came up with an excuse. Occasionally she would stomp off mad, other times leave hurt. A few she accused me of cheating, of not loving her any longer (I didn't kiss her any longer, who knew where those lips had been), of being gay. The gay accusation came when she was especially horny and enraged when I turned her down.

Bev was waiting at the edge of my bed when I came in, hot and dusty, ready to shower. She was crying and holding my phone out, not even coherent. Worried at first, I took the phone, saw what she was looking at and tossed it to the bed. I left her to take a shower. She wasn't there when I came out.

She avoided me for the next few days and I lived as normal, taking dinner upstairs with her and our last girl, then retiring to my room if I wasn't needed for anything. We didn't talk, although there was little enough talking before. I guess she saw it as we were gauging one another, trying to figure out what to do. Not me. I was going on with life as usual.

Our youngest left for a cheer-camp for a week, leaving us alone. I had things planned to do, a two-day fishing trip with a buddy, a bit of golf and a couple minor league baseball games. Not more than an hour after Abby left, Bev waylaid me when I was leaving the house. Unfortunately, our basement was not a daylight version.

Ms. Brains finally put two and two together. She accused me of moving out of her life after seeing her and Tom together. Then she realized I didn't want to touch or have sex with her because of her cheating. Of course, I nodded my head to both. She broke down at that point. Really broke down, unlike anything I'd heard about or even imagined. She lost control of herself to the point I called an ambulance. She was taken to our hospital and admitted. I met them and had a chance to talk with the physician and explained.

She was still in the hospital when Abby came home. During that time, I only stopped to talk with the Doc once when he called and asked to see me. Not once did I go in to see Bev. After she got home, Abby didn't leave her side until Bev was released to come home. Even then was the one to give her a ride. Me? My life didn't have my wife in it with the exception of living in the same house.

Bev and Abby wanted to talk about it, Bev had confided in our daughter, but I didn't. As I explained to Abby, once her mother replaced me, she was no longer my problem. Here is exactly what I told her: "If Bev wants to talk about it, perhaps she should call up Tom and have him meet her in room 34." I knew the moment she relayed the message, the wail was audible over my television show in the basement.

It's been five years and I'm still living in the basement, Bev still sleeps alone upstairs. No, we've still not talked about it, although not for a lack of her trying. The last time she made an attempt, I pulled out my phone and brought up a picture of Room 34 with her and Tom kissing after they exited it, and told her it was still waiting for her. That set her off and she disappeared into her room for a couple days.

Will we divorce? Probably. My problem is I don't have interest in replacing her. I loved Bev with every cell of my being. It died all at once and it's like I don't have any love left to give. She keeps the house clean, goes to work and comes home after, cooks our meals and that's about all I need right now. Oh, I'm stashing money left and right into everything I can, mostly in my sisters name and in cash. I even took out an equity loan on the place and needed Bev's signature. It was for $100K and she didn't even ask. She signed, broke into tears and disappeared into her room. For a few weeks she walked on eggshells, I suppose thinking I was going to lower the boom and have her served. When I didn't, nor have anything to show for the money, she got sadder than ever.

Is she still fucking Tom? No, he moved on to safer pastures. A few someones caught him late one night and suggested a far-away state would be more healthy. It wasn't me, I was in my man-cave...yeah...right.... Bev is sure of it, although she doesn't know of the one window that opens now.

Is she fucking anyone else? Frankly, I don't care. I'm not, won't, no matter how often she still asks. When she does, I no longer try to make her feel bad. I simply look at her and go back to whatever it was I was doing. She knows I consider her 'dirty,' or 'unclean,' because I told Abby so and my daughter passed it on, I'm sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Too Anonymous- Not Bad

Comments section is for comments, not stories. Your "comment" should have been submitted as a story. You could have even thrown in some fictional embellishment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
re: Too Anonymous- Not Bad

it's the same bullshit he writes in every comment. wish the dumb fuck started posting his shit as stories and leave the comment section for good.

gldngolfergldngolferalmost 7 years ago
It's been a while...

It's been a while since anon posted another of his infamous "high school cheating ex-boyfriend Tom fucking my wife stories." They are numerous and usually entertaining enough. You'll find them scattered throughout LW.

But honestly, dude, put your name on them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@gldngolfer

Hey, anything is better than a lordslumdog comment

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Short, simple, and pretty much a textbook BTB story.

Good job HDK. Hope to keep hearing from you (it's late 2017 now).

5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Tedious With Some Satisfaction In The End

That extra edge of the "send up" in HDK writing - sometimes more subtle than others - is what takes some of the punch from his stories for this reader. Cheating, adultery, infidelity, or whatever you want to call it is serious business. Lives are ruined. Unless a story is intended to be genuinely farcical there isn't much humor in it.

The monikers that the wife's lover keeps getting from hubby become extremely tedious. Names are one thing. Descriptive names. The philanderer is an asshole, but for hubby to be throwing down two-bit name calling just doesn't work. It's chintzy.

Why does the aggrieved husband say "no" to revenge early on? It's weird. He gets plenty of revenge. Is he trying to take the high road? He can't possibly care too much by his own tepid reactions. That's the problem with a pseudo send up: who gives a shit? Not me. One wants to but can't.

Anyway, somehow HD brings it all around and makes his formula work in the mediocre world in which he constructs his story. That is to his credit. It's only that one simply doesn't care all that much about it.

By the way: any guy that lifts weights and "tries all the machines" won't be going out to the driving range. Nope! He's half croaked at that point and will be going home to collapse in his mediocre bed in his mediocre house.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
NIce

and realistic for once. I enjoy that from time to time. It doesn't always have to be Navy Seals. :)

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
He was decisive when he finally acted

I couldn't have waited as long as he did.

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Obviously he never really loved her as he knew of the affair in the beginning and could have stopped it. Instead he let it continue foe months. Sounds childish to me, especially after being married for 25 years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Timriv must be hitting the bottle pretty hard again......somehow it's always the man's fault, right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Way

That's the way to do it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ROTFFLMAO

Timriv lost an a and gained an i, Pity ihe can't use them, eye's that is, else he wouldn't comment on the stories he reads and can't understand. He should wait for maturity and his balls to drop and gain the ability to read between the lines.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not bad for a firtst time author

Keep at it. Gave it 3 stars,

IrfonIrfonover 5 years ago
Laughing here & spilled my coffee...

....what a neat / tidy way to finish it all.

Worth all of 5 Stars !!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Timmy

What difference does once or a hundred times make? She cheated on him,he owes her nothing but the door. Another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty Good

Nice story and I did enjoy it. I just don’t think it was enough. Hurt, that is. Just putting her out and divorcing her is not enough to get her to understand the wrong she has done. I certainly don’t mean physical “hurt”. But she needs to understand the pain she caused and feel some of it herself.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
TO OURSMART THE CHEATERS

you must learn to create a better mouse trap and coat hanger. TK U MLJ LV NV

senorlongosenorlongoover 5 years ago
I think it would have been poetic justice if

he arranged to fill Bob's car with concrete. There's always some left over on a job. Why not put it to good use?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another...

...great hdk story. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Realistic, simple, and good.

Well written and a pretty realistic story that doesn't involve the husband burning the house down with his lawnmower and taking his money to the Cayman Islands. She will have to carry that weight a long time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story and good attitude

But it works only in a particular situation which is described well here. When a woman wants to make you miserable and there was no love to start with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes

Yes,that's the way to do it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Took him too long

He waited for what

To be a cuckold longer?

Revenge was good but waited too long

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 5 years ago

Enjoyable just same old story no proper ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How

How could he know they would get together on the Friday night so he could have the papers served and Bobs wife present.?

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
@jtwheels

Sure, it took way longer than usual to keep the slut out...

If he didn't take the time to set her up properly, he wouldn't have gotten the house, all their saving, no alimony to pay and his retirement account intact.

Like you, I'm not usually a patient man, but, if there's anything to take from this story, it's that patience can REALLY PAY, if it is wisely used.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
Retribution. Served cold.

I would say that this story didn't reinvented the wheel, but, given how old it is, maybe it's more accurate to say it actually did invent it!

The MC was really a likeable fellow; I didn't much care for him, dragging his feet about actually dealing with his cheating wife, but, dammit, 'gotta give him props for setting herself up so efficiently, he barely had to do anything to burn her!

Given the disparity over who Bonnie used to be like, according to Brian, and how she was acting towards him before The End, you left this story wondering if she isn't suffering from some psychosis. An insanity claim would be the only way she could get the post-nup she signed void, but good luck finding any court who would buy that line of BS.

As well, really - love it when the good guys win, at the end. Anything to make you glad that the world keeps on turning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I love HDK's take on what to do after an Epiphany that the wife is cheating!

HDK does it in 2 pages with a sense of humor. Writers please take notes.

reasonable man

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good story, but...

...how do you sit back and wait for so long? I mean, there is no indication that he plans on having her sign that agreement. I don't know how anyone can wait like that, but all those years of marriage do make it hard to let go. It made for an interesting story, but difficult to accept.

desertdog43desertdog43over 4 years ago
The best defense is a better offensive..

Why not just go sit right down next to the "love birds" and end this shit right there ?

"don't worry about being in a fucking hurry this bitch is on her way to single status and you can fuck her 24 7 for all I care....?????

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...