The Essence Within Ch. 04

Story Info
A non-erotic Sci Fi story of self discovery.
942 words
4.57
3.6k
00

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 10/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Striya, do you really think you're going to find the Boss?" says one of the men.

Jonathon noticed they haven't paid him much attention, so he lowers his head and slouches to give off the appearance of being more hurt than he is. He then shuffles closer to Striya while placing his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Max, I will find him and get my revenge on him for what he has done to my temple." Striya says angrily.

Max laughs while turning to Jonathon. "What's this? You have a crippled bodyguard now as well. You really are pathetic you know that?"

Max draws his pistol as the three of them move closer to Jonathon and Striya. Simultaneously, Jonathon has already evaluated the threat of the three men and is poised to attack.

"I'd advise you to move off, if you value your lives." Jonathon says coolly.

"Really, and you think you can take all three of us with just a sword?" Max mocks.

Without waiting for Max to aim his gun, Jonathon moves with a speed never before seen. He withdraws his sword from its sheath and in one fluid motion slices Max's arm making him drop the gun. He then spins and slices the throat of the man just to Max's right. As Jonathon's sword makes its final downward arch, the third man doesn't have a chance to move save a look of utter surprise as his head is cleaved from his shoulders. Jonathon then places his sword back in its sheath and looks at the essence of the two goon's floating over their bodies. Closing his eyes he mutters a short phrase and collects the essence.

Turning to Max, Jonathon walks up to him, looking at him with eyes of steel watching the blood flow from the cut in his arm. Max unable to comprehend what just happened looks around and sees the two dead men at his sides. When he notices Jonathon walking towards him he instantly becomes very afraid.

"Wait, don't kill him yet, I need some information." Striya pleads.

"I know, that's why he's still alive." Jonathon states as he approaches Max. "I'd advise you to answer every question asked truthfully; you won't want me to use this on you." Jonathon said to max as he pats the hilt of his sword.

Max just stares and faintly nods his head.

Jonathon turns to Striya. "Ask him your questions, let me know if any are false and he will quickly learn to tell the truth."

Striya just stares at Jonathon for a second glad he's on her side and suddenly realized what he did.

"You can use Essence!?" she says to Jonathon

"Essence?" he asks. As soon as he asks it dawns on him what she meant. "Yes. However, where I come from it is called Necronomus." he replies.

"I can use it as well, but we call it essence. We use it to heal and help others."

Something about that comment stands the hairs on his arms on end but quickly dismisses it; however, the twitch wasn't lost on Striya.

Turning to Max, Striya says to him, "Alright Max, where's the boss hiding?"

"I don't know" he replied.

Knowing it was a lie; Jonathon pulls his sword from its sheath and touches it to Max's arm. Max instantly begins to flail on the ground screaming in excruciating pain. After a few seconds the assault ends.

"I warned you Max, you will regret lying to us." Jonathon informs Max again.

Moving to touch his arm again with the tip of the sword, Max cries out "Please stop, he's at the academy but I don't know where. There's a hidden passage there that will take you to the chamber he stays in."

Turning to Striya, Jonathon asks "Do you know where this place is?"

She nods affirmative.

"Do they have more metal and wiring at this academy?" Jonathon asks.

"Yes." Both max and Striya say at the same time.

"Good, I might be able to find what I need to fix my ship." Jonathon thinks to himself. Looking at Striya, "Is there anything else you wanted to ask him?"

"No, I don't think so." she replies.

Without waiting for her to finish the sentence, Jonathon takes his sword and pierces Max's heart killing him. The globe of essence produced was twice the size of the other two goons.

"You said you can use Essence? Then take that globe." Jonathon tells Striya.

She walks over to the globe, and while it's not exactly the same as Jonathon's incantation, she whispers a phrase and absorbs the Essence.

"Take off the bandage and I'll show you what I can do." she says as she turns toward Jonathon.

Walking over to him, he removes the bandage. She places her hands over his wound, closes her eyes, and starts mumbling an incantation. A green light starts emitting out of her hands and baths the wound on Jonathon's head. Amazingly, his wound begins to heal, however while being healed Jonathon becomes very uncomfortable, like he's experienced this ability before, yet can't place where. When she finishes, he shakes off the feeling and looks up at her. Somehow he wound up sitting down. Again, Striya can see the look of confusion in his eyes and begins to think there's something more to this man then what he's letting on.

Getting to his feet he looks to Striya noticing she's deep in thought.

"Should we continue on to the temple then?" Jonathon asks.

Surprised at being caught in thought, she nods her head in agreement. They head down the path towards the temple.