The Essence Within Ch. 05-06

Story Info
A non-erotic Sci Fi story of self discovery.
1.4k words
4.65
3.5k
00

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 10/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note from the author: These are the last two chapters I had already written prior to submitting the story. I fully plan on finishing this story and hope you have enjoyed it up to this point. Please feel free to comment on the story as I'd love to have some feedback.

Chapter Five


Having just arrived at the temple, they remind Jonathon of the pictures he saw of the Aztec temples in Central America. The walls are stone with greenish vines growing on the outside of them. However, the difference here is the damage to the temple. It's obviously been attacked recently and in ruins. The front corner of the temple is missing and the blocks around the hole are charred. There's the smell of charred earth and flesh hanging in the air. He can see a few people tending the wounded but by the size of the temple there should be a lot more people present. He goes over to one of the charred blocks inspecting the damage.

"By the damage here, someone is helping them in their ambitions." He says turning to Striya.

"We've never seen these types of weapons used before." She says. "They looked like normal guns, yet they emitted a light that burned the flesh off those targeted."

"In the morning we will head to the academy to confront them and avenge your people."

"You don't need to do that I can handle them on my own."

"I'm sure you can but I need to find materials to fix my ship. I need to finish my mission."

She looks at him, "I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by your ship and mission?"

Sighing as he knows he can't keep it from her any longer. "Obviously you know I'm not from here, but I don't think you understand just how far away I'm from."

"I know that you're not from around here, you don't even look like us. I figured you were from someplace across the sea." Striya says while looking at him.

"In the forest where you found me, that was my ship. It also caused the scar you saw and the angled cut to the trees from its landing. I came from there." he says pointing to the sky.

Thinking about what she saw when she first came upon him, understanding start to dawn on her face. "You came from the sky; you mean you're from another planet."

"Correct, I was attacked shortly after I left my planet and had to find someplace to hide out. Landing here further damaged my ship due to the forest. I need to see if those that attacked here have supplies I can use to repair my ship and continue my mission."

"Okay I understand about your ship but what is the mission you speak of?"

"Well, my Emperor assigned me a task to complete, which is my mission."

"I understand, like avenging my people is my mission. It's getting late; shall we retire for the night and leave for the academy at first light?" she mentions looking to the sky.

"Yes let's get some rest. I'm sure we will need our strength for tomorrow."

They both head into the ruins of the temple to find a place to sleep. They both find a spot in one of the lesser damaged areas of the temple. Striya spreads out the sleeping roll, lies down, and quickly falls asleep. Jonathon on the other hand is having a hard time falling asleep. He spends some time contemplating the current situation and finds himself watching Striya sleeping.

"There's something about her," he muses, "something just feels different about her than anyone else I've dealt with. I better watch my guard around her." This was the last thing he thought, before he fell asleep.

Though he slept, his dreams were a mixture of Striya with her using her abilities, or of his father yelling in anger with red glowing eyes.

Chapter Six

The next morning Jonathon and Striya sit down to have a quick breakfast. Jonathon looks at his plate and wonders what it will taste like. On his plate there is something that looks like eggs from earth yet are purple with white spots the yokes are pink with blue spots. There are two sausages and what can only be a piece of bread. Not knowing if he will be able to digest the food, he starts with a small bite of bread. It tastes remarkably good; it reminds him of a cinnamon roll but without the frosting or cinnamon. Next he tried the sausage; once he puts a piece in his mount he starts choking and gagging, spitting it out as quickly as possible. It has to be the worst thing he's tasted in his life.

Striya, watching him, sees him gag on the sausage and asks him, "You do not like sausage?"

"That doesn't even come remotely close to what sausage should tastes like." he replies.

"Well with what you told me yesterday I can see that some things might taste differently to you then us. Try the eggs though they are a very good source of protein and help sustain energy levels for a long time." she informs him.

Not sure whether to try the eggs or not, he finally sighs, closes his eyes, and takes a small bite.

***

"Has anyone seen or heard from Max since yesterday?" the Boss asks of those around him.

Everyone at just about the same time replies "Not me Boss." "Haven't seen 'em in a couple day's Boss.", "Me neither Boss." or some other fashion of not seeing Max.


"Well he's been missing for almost a whole day don't you think someone should go look for him? Stan, go look for Max, he said he was going to go look for Striya and get her to back off."

"Okay Boss." came a reply from a someone, a heavy set person in the back with dirty brown hair, mud streaks on his face, and flies buzzing around his head. As he leaves the room, everyone that was around him smile, as the stench has left the room.

A short time later, Stan returns. Visibly shaken, he approaches the Boss and whispers to him.

"You're telling me all three of them are dead?" the Boss asks.

"Yes, it appears they were killed by a sword of some sort." replies Stan.

"Didn't they have their weapons drawn?"

"Only Max had his drawn, but the arm holding the sword was cleaved from his body, he was also pierced through the heart. It looks like he was tortured before they killed him."

"So chances are Striya and this sword user knows where we are?"

"I'd imagine that would be a safe bet."

Pulling a communicator from his pocket, the Boss starts speaking into it, "Everyone get ready we are going to be having visitors that aren't welcome. Do not let them into the compound." As he's speaking his words are echoing off the walls of the academy. When he's done everyone gets up and heads to their assigned areas for defense.

***

Jonathon starts to grimace when he puts the fork in his mouth expecting it to taste horrid, however flavor exploded on his tongue. It wasn't like anything he had ever tasted before and he liked it. The closest thing he could compare it to would be a Kiwi, Strawberry, Orange mixture.

Seeing the surprise cross his face Striya mentions to him, "Wait until you take the next bite."

Puzzled he looks forward to his next bite of eggs. When he takes that second bite, he's even more surprised to find out the taste had changed. This time it tasted like a mix of peach, plum, and blueberry. "Wow I've never had anything like this before. Are there more flavors I'm going to experience?" he asks.

Striya reply, "I'm afraid not. It's just the two flavors. I was hoping you'd be able to enjoy them. I take it they are good?"

"Good? They are excellent." He exclaims between bites.

Watching him eat, Striya sees a very small glimmer of something in Jonathon that doesn't fit. She doesn't yet quite realize what her decision will cost her, but she knows she has to stay with him to help him shed the evil cloak he's wrapped in.

After breakfast, they start their journey to the academy. Walking side by side, they chat idly while they make their way there. After traveling down the path they come to a large field, but before they emerge from coverage, they stop at the edge to evaluate the area. They take cover behind a group of trees just off the path. In the distance they can see the top of the academy.