The French Connection Ch. 01

Story Info
Melina is given a foreign assignment; Iron Crowbar reacts.
10.6k words
4.78
21.4k
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/03/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Part 1 - Prologue: The Mission

Sunday, March 18th. Melina Allgood entered the Federal Building on the northern side of Courthouse Square, using a small side entrance door that was rarely noticed, much less used. Going inside, she showed a special ID badge to the guard, who let her through without checking her purse.

She climbed the stairs, which were not easily accessible to the rest of the building, to the third floor. There, she checked in at the front desk, where a young woman handed her a laptop computer labeled '43DX', and a sealed manila envelope with a 'TOP SECEET' label on it, for which Melina had to sign. Melina then went into the small office on the other side of the hallway, and closed and engaged the triple deadbolt locks.

There was a table in the room instead of a desk, and it was inside a plexiglass 'cube' mounted on springs that vibrated to prevent any interceptions of voice communications. The FBI's offices had a similar room with a 'cube' inside it.

Melina sat down and fished a jump drive out of her purse. She plugged it into the jack on the laptop, then activated the device. Once it booted up, she opened the envelope, which had another sealed envelope in it, and a CD. She put the CD into the computer. There were two levels of encryption. One was the public key, which was hardwired into this particular computer. The private key was Melina's specific key, which was on the jump drive. Both had been created by recording atmospheric wind noises, and were good for only one use. Likewise, the CD's keys had to match both Melina's and the public key.

No, this was not 'Mission: Impossible', and no voice spoke. But a text file opened, and Melina read the message. It was an assignment from her CIA handler in Washington, D.C., and it had been at the request of, and personally approved by, the new Director of the CIA.

"You are directed to eliminate the person named and described in the sealed folder." the message said. "This person has been determined to be an enemy of the United States and a subversive. This mission is considered 'vital', and the Director of the CIA is personally interested in its success; therefore, your accomplishing this mission is of the greatest importance to the CIA as well as your country."

Damn, Melina thought as she read it, they're sending me on another sniper mission outside the USA. She hated these missions; they were abnormally dangerous, hard to prepare for and execute, and any failure would mean abandonment, if not disavowal, of her by the CIA, making it difficult if not impossible for her to get back home.

Oh well, let's get on with it, she thought to herself. She went through the other files on the drive, which showed a map of Paris, France, with some locations marked, and some passwords and counter-passwords, which Melina had to memorize on the spot.

Once done, another text file opened, instructing her to open the sealed package within the first envelope. She did so... and her mind reeled when she saw the photograph of the person she was assigned to kill.

It was her ex-husband Don's sister, Elizabeth.

Part 2 - The Iron Crowbar

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Fox Two News!" shouted the lovely redheaded reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, March 19th, from in front of City Hall. "There are new developments in the election for Mayor!"

Bettina said "Town & County Council Member Malinda Adams has announced that she will not be running for the Office of Mayor, but will instead re-run for her Council seat. She is expected to be unopposed in both the Democrat primary and General Election."

"Also," said Bettina, "Assistant Public Health Officer Susan Weston, who is running to fill the unexpired term of Thomas P. Cook, has announced that she will run for a full term in the seat currently held by Loran Michaels, who is running for Sheriff. Persons can run for a Council seat based upon their home address on their drivers' license -OR- based upon the address of their County-issued business license. Ms. Weston is running for the Cook seat based upon the business she and her husband operate within that district, and the Michaels seat based upon her home address."

"And the latest numbers from Public Policy Polling are now out!" said Bettina. "Susan Weston has taken a slight lead in the race for the Cook seat, scheduled for next Tuesday, March 27th. "In the Mayor's race, Sheriff Daniel Allgood is the only major candidate on the Republican ticket. With Malinda Adams's announcement she won't be running, we are waiting for a possible candidacy from Town Assemblyman Eldrick X. Weaver."

"In the Sheriff's race," said Bettina, "retired Police Chief Griswold leads every other candidate in the field. Chief Griswold is polling at a whopping 80%, with Della Harlow and Loran Michaels garnering 8% each, and 4% undecided. And this despite a barrage of ads by the Harlow campaign over the weekend. We now bring in Dr. Romanov from the University's Political Policy Institute."

Dr. Romanov appeared next to Bettina. "Dr. Romanov, thank you for being with us this morning. What does Chief Griswold's entry into the Sheriff's race mean?"

"It means that Commander Donald Troy has tricked us yet again." said Dr. Romanov. "Four years ago, he was being pressured to run for Sheriff, and he supported Daniel Allgood's campaign instead. Now he has again declined to run for himself, and is supporting his former boss, Chief Griswold, who is greatly respected in this County. This is important because Ms. Harlow's ads have all been directed at the Commander, and now those ads look bad because her opposition is likely going to be Chief Griswold."

"Doctor," said Bettina, "Ms. Harlow is receiving a good bit of money in donations, especially from outside the County, while Chief Griswold has said he will not be taking campaign contributions. Is this a mistake on the Chief's part?"

"With outside political groups, such as 'Friends of the Town & County'," said Romanov, "Chief Griswold may not need to raise money for himself. His own impeccable reputation, his name recognition, and the strong support of him by the Police will be formidable in its own right."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"That is so awesome!" squealed Joanne Warner as we drank coffee in MCD. "Chief Griswold will make a great Sheriff!"

"And I'll kiss ass for everyone here." said Cindy Ross. "That was absolutely brilliant of you, Commander. I know I had no idea that was coming down the pike. You got us all good... yet again."

"Gotta watch out for those sneaky people with crowbars!" Micah Rudistan said with great joviality. "But you should've had me run, sir!" There was some laughter at that... and some funny looks delivered Rudistan's way.

"You should run for the Council." I said. "Or stay where you are and enjoy the plans I have for your future career with the TCPD." There were a bunch of 'ooooooooh's at that. I noted Teresa Croyle's eyebrows shoot up a bit, as well.

"Why is Ms. Weston running in two different districts?" asked Theo Washington. "Why not just run in the Cook district in both elections?"

It was Cindy that said "Because of the competition. She could well lose the Cook seat in the special election, and then that person is the odds-on favorite to win that same seat again in November. But none of the others can run for Michael's seat, so win or lose on March 27th, she's got a good shot to win in November."

"I'm kind of wondering if there's not a little 'trickeration' going on there." I said. "Especially if she wins the special election."

"Sir," said Jerome Davis, "will Loran Michaels stay in the Sheriff's race, and run as a Republican against Chief Griswold?"

"Probably not." I said. "I've heard he might switch and run as a Republican against Sheriff Allgood, who is the person Michaels personally hates. I'm pretty sure Eldrick X. Weaver will be the Democrat nominee for Mayor, as well. And we may get an independent bid or two for Mayor, as well. It'll be a tough fight for Allgood."

And then I said loudly "And please welcome home the person graduating first in her class at the Police Academy Advance Course, Supervisor Mary Milton!" I'd seen Mary come in the door and made the announcement. The room burst into applause.

"It's good to be back." said Mary, who was pretty heavily pregnant now. "Did I miss anything?" The room started laughing at that.

"Not too much." I said. "Captain Ross, would you bring your Vice leader up to speed on what's going on?"

"Yes sir." said Cindy. "But only after she's properly fortified with Jerome's Navy coffee." That started a round of acclaim for Jerome's coffee, with some comments that a certain redhead with a red crowbar's coffee had been... 'weak'.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cindy and I watched the Priya broadcast: "This is Priya Ajmani, Five Alive News in the Morning!" shouted the beautiful Indian reporterette. "We have breaking news in just the last few minutes! Assistant State Attorney Gill Haroldson has resigned from his post, and has issued a blistering attack upon State Attorney Glenn Alberts, who is leading the University's defense in the lawsuit by fired professor Dr. Jan Camp."

Priya: "Mr. Haroldson has asserted that Mr. Alberts is not only not providing the University with inadequate legal representation in the Camp lawsuit, he is blocking Mr. Haroldson and other attorneys from providing a more robust defense. He claims that his complaints to the Attorney General have gone unheeded, and he also says the legal team is deeply divided and have had bitter arguments that have nearly become physical."

Priya: "Several legal experts have questioned some of Mr. Alberts's decisions in this case, from dropping the University's countersuit against Dr. Camp, to allowing without objection several witnesses's testimony that implies favoritism for student-athletes. Although Dr. Camp is suing for exposing this favoritism, these experts are saying that the University's legal team should be working to concentrate on Dr. Camp's poor record as a professor and the reasons for her firing. Mr. Haroldson asserts that Mr. Alberts is allowing this trial to become a referendum on favoritism towards student-athletes.

"In a statement released just moments ago, Attorney General Karl Handel stated that he was 'eagerly' accepting the resignation of Mr. Haroldson, and that he, the Attorney General, has, and I quote, 'full confidence in Lead Attorney Alberts and the job he is doing defending the University against Dr. Camp's scurrilous charges', close quote."

"Wow." said Cindy. "It's getting ugly. I have to agree that I think Alberts is an idiot and he's doing a horrible job, but to have another attorney on the case resign his job over it, and the Attorney General say what he said..."

"Almost as if the fix is in, wouldn't you say?" I asked. Cindy whirled her head to peer hard at me. I met her glance.

"Oh, there's something else I need to tell you." said Cindy. "I was talking to my father this weekend. He rarely looks like he's worried about anything, even when he is. He always puts on that happy 'Vision' face, even to me. But this weekend... I had the vibe, big-time, and he didn't try to hide it... he's worried about something."

"Did he tell you what it was?" I asked, beginning to get a vibe myself.

"No." said Cindy. "He just said that he's getting word that some things are going on in Europe, and he's concerned about them." Then she lowered her voice and said "This part, he didn't say at all, this is me talking to you: you know he's Jewish by ethnicity. He's always been interested in the plight of the Jews in Europe, especially France, who are coming under assault by Islamists, and the French authorities just look the other way as Jewish women are raped and Jewish families are slaughtered in their homes."

"And that's spreading throughout Europe." I said. "It's potentially a powder keg for a Second Holocaust."

Cindy nodded. "Well, I got the idea, though he didn't say it, that it has something to do with that."

"Okay." I said. "Well, if he says anything else to you, let me know. 'The Friends of the Iron Crowbar' might be called up to help."

"Are those the same friends as 'The Guardians of Justice'?" Cindy asked with a 'gotcha' look on her face.

"I keep telling you guys that I'm not 'The Guardians of Justice'." I said, somewhat severely. "Now believe me or don't, but don't say anything like that again. Seriously, I'm getting tired of it; you're pissing me off about it. Make sure to let Captain Croyle know, as well."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Speaking of Captain Croyle, she came into my office some minutes later, after Cindy went to brief Mary on what she'd missed and what was going on.

"So what are your plans for Sergeant Rudistan, sir?" asked Teresa.

I smiled. "Your comments to me earlier had me thinking about that all weekend, and the idea of Rudistan as the Precinct 2 Lieutenant began to grow on me, and grow heavily. You actually made too much sense for me, there, Captain." Teresa gave what was for her a smile.

"So I'm getting Carswell in Precinct 1?" Teresa asked.

"No." I said. "He's going to be Precinct 2's Precinct Captain."

"And Thompson?... ohhhh." said Teresa. "Briscoe is going to the Campus Police, so Thompson will be promoted to full Captain, and be the Public Relations Captain?"

"That's Iron Crowbar thinking, there." I said with a smile. "Yes, that's the idea. Thompson is black, which gives him some credibility with our minority populations, he looks good on camera, his uniform is always sharper than mine, despite my every effort to overcome that... heck, his uniforms out-G.Q. Nash and Theo... and he actually liked the idea when I brought it up to him."

"It'll work." said Teresa as she thought about it. "And Precinct 1 Captain?"

"Word has it that Steven Ikea wants to come back to the TCPD, and take that job." I said.

"Joke with me like that again," Teresa warned, "and I'll be getting some practice for the Police Boxing Matches, right here in this office."

"And where will you be getting a crowbar?" I asked.

"I won't be needing one." Teresa stated with alacrity. I had the feeling she might be serious.

"Okay, okay... no, I don't think Ikea will be coming anywhere near us." I said. "We're considering Curly Goodwin in I.A., and Bill Hanson of the Campus Police, who was once TCPD I.A. himself. The Chief wants to interview both of them before making the final decision on that. You have veto power, but you better speak up fast."

"I want to interview them also." said Teresa. I nodded.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 9:30am, FBI Special Agent in Charge Jack Muscone and Special Agents Martin Nash and Julius Jefferson came to TCPD Headquarters. We went into the Main Conference Room, and Chief Moynahan joined us.

"So how are things with your family?" I asked Jack.

"Not bad, and getting better." Jack said. "My daughters were impressed with the ceremony at the State Capitol, and Tanya being rewarded for her actions. They're warming up to her, and to me, and there is no doubt that little Pete has two big sisters now."

I smiled. "That's good. So... to stop wasting the Federal taxpayer's money and your immensely valuable time: Whassup?"

"We've been following up on Red Brooke." said Muscone. "There's something really fishy about how he got out of Supermax, but we're being stonewalled in investigating it. I've been pushing hard about the Marshals and their actions that led to my ex-wife being murdered in spite of their alleged 'protection' of her, and I'm getting nowhere with that, either."

"What we do know," said Muscone "is that Brooke had help from outside sources... information mostly, but also money and transportation provided to him. It wasn't seamless, though... it took him time for him to get to Virginia, then to North Carolina, and then to Florida."

"Someone being very, very careful about keeping his or her own identity concealed throughout." I said. "Interesting."

"Also, I'm not supposed to tell you this," said Jack, "but the EAD wanted to put you in for another FBI Medal for Meritorious Achievement, but that was squashed in Washington with what was described as 'some vehemence and passion'. It's still a fractured FBI, highly politicized in Washington, and your name still is not popular with some people."

"No doubt." I said. I then asked, as if it were a sudden thought, "You know, I meant to ask but forgot... whatever happened to Dana Fox's assistant, Special Agent Waddell?"

"Oh Lord, I forgot about him." said Jack.

"Last I heard," said Martin Nash, "he was in England. He was caught on camera attempting to enter the Russian Embassy in London. Officially, we lost the trail of him there, and the CIA never picked him back up. They think he defected."

"Unofficially," said Nash, "the CIA got word that Waddell went to France. The Israelis think he's acting in league with Neo-Nazi groups, but he may also be working with Islamists."

"And Homeland Security is not interested in that?" asked Chief Moynahan.

"No sir." said Nash. "What I'm about to say here needs to stay in this room, but the new CIA Director is believed to be sympathetic to Muslims, especially versus Israel, and he's definitely one of the so-called 'Globalist Elites'. It is possible that the CIA is not interested in Waddell for those reasons, and he, Waddell, may be working for someone within the Company in a way that is not in Israel's best interests. And with the FBI as politically fractured as it's becoming... they don't have time nor the inclination to pursue it, either."

"How do you know all that?" asked Jack Muscone, totally stunned by what he'd just heard.

"Jack," I said, rescuing Martin, "don't ask a question you might not want the answer to."

"And believe me, Agent Mus-coooooone," drawled Chief Moynahan, "I have to remind myself of that advice very often when the Iron Crowbar is briefing meeeee..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 10:30am, Sheriff Daniel Allgood and Chief Emeritus Griswold showed up at Headquarters, and joined the FBI conference already in progress.

"I'm here to get the standard briefing from the Chief," said Allgood, "and Chief Griswold will be getting them, also, due to his candidacy for Sheriff."

"Does this mean Harlow will get these briefings?" I asked.

"If she wants to." said Allgood. "And any other candidates for Sheriff, as well."

"I refuse to give Della Harlow any briefings at all." I said. "Chief, does that mean I should leave now?"

"Er," said Chief Moynahan, "I don't know. But just in case, why don't I take the Sheriff and Chief Griswold to my office, and you can finish your gossiping with our FBI friends."

"And y'all might as well come to my office." I said to Jack and Martin.

As we were leaving the Conference Room and into the hallway, I heard Daniel Allgood say to Chief Moynahan "Yes, Melina had to take a trip for a couple of days. Paris, I think. I don't know any more about it."

Those words struck me. Why was Melina being sent to Paris? I felt the hackles rise on the back of my neck as a 'vibe' seemed to hit me squarely between the eyes...