The Gazebo

Story Info
Soulmates unite.
855 words
3.6
9.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sun was beautiful as it's golden rays streamed across the horizon. Thousands of sparkly rainbows were cast across the clear blue ocean. Not a cloud in the sky would be allowed on this day. The sea gulls glided peacefully across the blazing sky, taking peeks at the milling crowd as it grew. The moment everyone had awaited was soon to arrive. An aura of happiness was in the air. Everyone was gathered around with happiness and joy sparkling in their eyes. Everything was as pretty as a picture and just as perfect. All that romantic dreams are ever made of.

The chairs were a perfect antique white. The ribbons and bows were the exact color she had always thought of... that pretty shade of fuchsia. Ribbons and lace flowed from chair to chair, billowing as the breeze blew occasionally. Flowers had been selected for their beauty as well as their sweet sultry fragrance. Every May she'd patiently wait for their bloom. This year they were ready just in time. She had always dreamt of having Lilacs.

From her bedroom window she could see the ocean mist the sides of the rocky cliff with each passing wave. Setting little rainbows across the horizon. Surely someone above was giving them HIS blessing.

In her room, all her best friends and closest family were buzzing around her like bees to their queen. No need was too great and nothing was left untouched until it was perfect. The moment was soon arriving she knew, as one by one, everyone left her there to gaze out at the scene she would soon be the center of. Checking herself in the mirror, she saw that her hair was perfect. All swept up in little ringlets. She had on just a touch of make-up and his favorite perfume. Picking up the garter, she held it in her hand as she thought of his delight when he'd see she was wearing the sexy thigh-highs he loved so much. Slipping it carefully up in place, she then turned around to look one last time at her gown in the ornate mirror. She smiled to herself; she was wearing the amazingly beautiful gown she'd always envisioned herself wearing on the most important day of her life. The dress made her look like the princess he always liked to call her.

Making her way through the house, she finally reached the entrance and paused as her dear brother took her arm to begin the journey. At first, she notices the people all admiring her, some smiling, happy for her. And then others wiping tears of joy away. Her gaze then drifts off to the people so carefully chosen to be there beside them. And just beyond that, she can see the Gazebo...

She had dreamt of this day for such a long time. It was so pretty. White lace was draped in waves all around the Gazebo. Near each pillar there was a small gathering of flowers, hand picked that morning and a pretty ribbon to tie them together.

Inside the Gazebo, was what her attention was really focused on. She noticed the Pastor standing there with his Bible in hand ready to begin. Ready to unite these two souls that already had a union man could not begin to explain.

Slowly her deep eyes drifted to the man standing beside the Pastor. He was dressed so handsomely. A black tux with tails was what he wore. Handsome and tall was he. She could see his big cheeky grin even from where she stood. He was standing there holding his hands before him. She could see in his eyes that he was anticipating their first night together.

Hearing the tender notes of the song begin, she was unable to hold herself back anymore. She begins her walk down the flower strewn pathway to the man she has loved for so long. Her heart swelling, filling with emotion with every step she takes closer to her best friend, her lover... her soul mate.

Every step feels as though it's taking an eternity. Slowly, she is stepping closer to him, when suddenly...

Something jolts her and she stirs, feeling disoriented with her surroundings she reaches out and finds all she can feel are her pillows. Sitting up she begins to realize it's all been a dream. A familiar dream she hasn't been able to shake. Laying her head back softly to the pillow, she tries to sleep. Letting the tears flow softly down her cheek as the dream lingers on and the memories fade into the night.

spm 10-14-99

Author's Note: I'd written this a long time ago. He had sort of set this in motion one morning by teasing me about who's name would sound better with the other's if we married. Somehow, he thought his name would sound better with my last name. lol I guess even back then I knew we would never be together. Someday this scene, this dream will happen.. only the ending will be a happy one. I can feel it within me, it just won't be with him. :)