The Gazing Pool

Story Info
A princess fairy tale of a less traditional style.
1.5k words
4.57
13k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wrote this as a long string of text messages for my baby doll. It's not specifically erotica but there are hints throughout. So please forgive any punctuation or minor editing errors. She asked me for a princess story. OP delivers.

*****

Once upon a time there was a princess who lived in a far away castle. She was beautiful and kind and the people of her father's kingdom loved her. She would walk in the market and every day the merchants would present her a gift because they loved her so much. When she became a woman after her 18th birthday, princes started to come to the castle. The first Prince was charming and gentle and they got along well. After two moons of his visiting they were walking in the gardens at night and they stopped at a gazing pool. She looked at him and said if you look into the pool you can see your future. So he looked, and while he did she kissed his cheek. To her surprise he started crying. He took her hand and apologized. He liked her a lot but he had different tastes. He didn't want a princess but a king. His parents didn't know so he played along with their matchmaking games and he couldn't bear to hurt her. He could never stand to lose her as a friend. She stiffled a tear as he got up but she understood. After she left she looked into the pond and saw only her own reflection.

The following summer a new Prince came to the castle. Eager for her to marry and start a family her father left them alone often. When they were together he was rude, and often ignored her. Sometimes he would look at her and in his eyes she saw a wild fury mixed with untamed lust. She was scared of him, but he hadn't hurt her yet. He came to her room one night and asked her to sneak out with him. She hesitantly agreed and followed him through the castle, dodging guard patrols and servants until they were deep in the garden. To her surprise he led her to the gazing pool. His eyes were tame but still held a lustful glint. He took her into his arms and kissed her in the most passionate embrace she'd ever experienced. She had judged him wrong she realized. She looked into their reflection in the pool and saw his gaze meet the eyes of the servant girl assigned to serve him. She was watching from the shadows and he knew it. This was a show for that girl, not for her. She knew a future with him would never be a future for her. She broke away and ran to her room. the next day the Prince left, and took the servant girl with him. She was devastated, and she begged the gods to not break her heart again.

The next summer no Prince came. She was afraid she was growing too old. But that fall, as the leaves were falling and the birds flocked south she sat by the gazing pool and stared. She started to cry and one by one her tears dropped into the pool. The ripples slowly cleared the leaves to the edges and she saw the surface shimmer. She saw herself, but not as she was that day. She wore a queens crown on her head and she was happy. She took it to be a promise from the gods and so she waited with newfound hope in her heart. The following summer another Prince came, but he wasn't the one. Too aloof and boring. And to her surprise a second Prince arrived, but he too, failed to win her heart. On the last day of summer her heart sunk, it was the end of travel season. But as the gates were about to close that night she heard the clack of hourse hooves on the pavers. She ran to her window. She hoped her promise from the gods would be fulfilled and as she looked she saw a regal company of soldiers flanking the most handsome man she had ever seen. A kings crown wreathed his head and as his entourage entered the courtyard he looked up at the castle and right to her window. He saw her and he smiled. Her heart fluttered at his smile, it was warm and confident. But he was a king, and kings have queens. She waited in her room and moped. A servant knocked on the door and told her she had been summoned to join her parents and their royal guest for dinner. He was standing as she entered the dining hall and the servant escorted her to the seat to his right. He smiled as the were introduced and took her hand in his as he gave her a bow.

He was charming all during dinner and dessert, kind and considerate like that first Prince all those years ago. He also had a fire in his eyes, subtle but there to see. Oh if only he didn't have a queen. She was dismissed after dessert and she went to her room and swooned over this perfect king she couldn't have. After many hours evening gave way to midnight and she was startled by her door opening unannounced. It was the king and he said nothing. She wiped the tears from her eyes and stood as he silently walked right to her. He looked at her, put his hand on her cheek and wiped a tear away with his thumb. Come with me, he told her. He took her hand without waiting her answer and pulled her to the door. He led her straight through the castle, right passed stunned guards and servants straight to the doors to the garden. He took her straight through the garden to the gazing pool, not once saying a word. When they reached the pool it glittered in the moonlight, almost as if it were enchanted. He took her in his arms and kissed her without asking her permission. She melted, but what of his queen?! He looked her in the eye and she could tell he knew her thoughts, whether by magic or intuition, she could hide nothing from him. His eyes held a strong and controlled lust in them. His hands were firm but gentle. He told her he had no queen. He'd been betrothed to be married as a prince but she had fallen from a horse and passed before their wedding. Before he could find another princess his father fell ill and passed. The crown went to him.

He came from a far away kingdom and in his grief and loneliness he had stood at a gazing pond exactly like hers. He shouted at the gods, nearly cursing them for their cruelty but instead asking them for the perfect wife. A single tear fell to the waters surface and as it broke the tension the ripples pushed the fallen auburn leaves aside and he saw a vision of the most lovely princess he'd ever seen. And she was sitting and staring into the pool with tears of her own. The king knew he must find this princess and so the next day he talked to the king from a neighboring land, telling him of the vision. Something stirred in the visiting king, a vague memory, and he called to the steward and instructed him to fetch his lover. The two kings waited until the neighboring king's husband was escorted in. He was a handsome husband and the king described the vision and the woman. Tears flowed freely from his eyes. He knew that princess, for she had given him the courage he needed to tell his parents about his desires. His parents laughed at his insecurity and sent him to a distant palace where he met his husband, the King. The king wooed him and they fell in love. He never forgot that princess. so he told this new king all about her, where her kingdom lies, where her room is in the castle, and told him about the gazing pool. The king summoned his bodyguards and advisors and left at once. They had travelled for an entire year to reach her. And he knew her as soon as he'd seen her and thanked the gods for their graciousness.

The princess's heart melted and her knees were weak. Her lips quivered and her eyes watered. He kissed her again and then spun her around and pulled her into him. She could feel his eagerness and a quiet fear sent a shiver down her spine. What would she see in the pool? She looked into its mirror still water and saw his fiery eyes looking right into hers, and only hers. Holding her gaze he whispered into her ear, his breath warm and arousing. He said one thing; a statement of fact, not a question: You will be my queen, and I will always take care of you. And in that moment the pool sparkled with a thousand pinpoints of light as the summer fireflies took flight.

The end.