The Gems--Jade

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're slower than I'd thought." It was the only warning either of the man had that she was swinging down and onto her horse, the one that was ridden by the King.

"Farden hell, Jade." Jarvis rubbed one hand over his chest. "One of these days you are going to do that and I'm going to end up dead at your feet. Than how would you feel?"

She wrapped her arms around the King, frowning at how easily they went around the man. "I would probably feel better than you since you'll be dead." She smiled as she heard the King grunt. "Sire, if you aren't comfortable with me riding behind you..."

"N...No. It...It's fine."

"We'll ride until you are too tired, Sire. Than Jarvis and I will set up a tent for you. Hopefully the trip won't be too much for you."

"I'm...I'm sure it won't be." He swallowed harshly and forced himself to sit up, refusing to add his weight to her own. He could feel her, the soft shape of her breasts pressing against his back, the silkiness of her thighs outside his own. She smelled like sweet spice and her body pressed against his with little shyness.

"Where are you from? Do your people allow you to do these things often?" He clenched his teeth as a rhythmic trill of laughter slid from between her lush lips.

"My people? I'm sorry, highness. I am not laughing at you. It's just it is not often I'm thought to have people. My parents were killed before my eyes and my people were decimated by an army from across the sea. I...was forced to...please our conqueror."

"I am sorry, Jade. Was there no one left to save you or to care for you?"

Jade laughed again and carefully hugged her arms around him a bit closer. "I saved myself Highness. I have been saving and caring for myself since I was small. I don't think I would know how to handle having someone care for me or about me."

Jarvis chuckled as well. "I met Jade when someone wanted to care for her. Lucky for them, I was close by. She tried to take their heads off without the aid of her sword."

"Damn busybody..."

Dax felt a spurt of something strange. It flew up his throat and burst out of his mouth. It took him a moment to realize the he was laughing too. It had been so damn long since he'd had a reason to laugh. After the original shock, he threw back his head and let it roll from his body, tears of laughter and of pain streamed down his face.

When he finally calmed, he realized how completely exhausted he was. The walk to the horses and then trying to stay seated upon the gray gelding Jarvis helped him on, a thing that used to be second nature to him, had his vision blurring and his eyes closing despite his struggle. "Jade..."

"Relax, I'll hold you. I won't let you fall."

Her voice was soft, silky smooth and irresistible, her scent more than enticing. He felt as if, finally, he could hope. With that happy thought he felt himself relaxing against her as the deep blackness of sleep took him.

12