The Ghost of St. Jude

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Robert moved his hand down lower and placed it on her crotch. Belinda jumped a bit in surprise. "What about down here? Do you still have your original equipment?"

Still looking down, she simply nodded her head. "I didn't want to change that. I like the way I am now. I know that's strange."

Robert took his hand away and lifted Belinda's chin so that they see each other's eyes. After a pause, he asked, "When you look in the mirror now, do you see a man or a woman?"

"I see a woman," she softly replied.

Robert held her chin softly and continued to stare in her eyes, looking for any sign of deceit or lack of confidence in her answer. Finally, he said softly, "You got that right." His kiss was not a passionate tongue twister, but it came from a level of affection from a man who cared about a woman. She dropped her head in slight embarrassment as she and Katharine both grew their smiles.

Robert released them from their cuffs and without direction, they both went into their individual cells and laid down on their beds. Robert pulled out a cot from an empty cell and placed it so that half was up against Katharine's cell and the other half was against Belinda's cell. He laid down, and all three quickly fell asleep. Tomorrow would be the start of their new adventure.

*****

It took two weeks of renovation and training before Robert felt comfortable reopening the Kove's restaurant. The outside signage and printed material indicated the drop of "Karlson" from the business name. It would be known simply as The Kove from now on. Interviews and counseling sessions were going well, and Dr. Roberts indicated that opening the restaurant would be beneficial for quite a few of the ladies as they were getting past their trauma and readjusting to the real world. Karolyn and Kenzie had begrudgingly settled into their positions, Katharine had dove head first into getting the restaurant ready and was in high spirits. Belinda was in heaven as she hung onto Robert every chance she could get. She and Katharine had also adopted the first few outside boys who were confused and scared about their identity. A couple had decided to try a woman's lifestyle, while a couple others just wanted to observe for the time being.

Robert spent a lot of time with Becky and they bonded as brother and sister. Becky would continue life as a woman and Robert had convinced her to try a semester of medical school. "The Kove could always use a medical presence to help our girls." They had even driven down to the local college to see about classes and had dinner in a couple of fast food places. Despite outward appearances and reassurances, Robert felt that there was still a barrier between him and Becky. Dr. Roberts explained that it was hard for Becky to stop the shame she felt when she thought about letting down her brother. She felt like Robert would not accept her as she was now.

Robert walked in to the workshop as Katharine and Belinda were helping one of the new arrivals try on some dresses. He was already made up with his first makeover ever. Belinda primped over the nervous male and reassured him. "You look great Tracy. Blue is definitely your color. And your legs are wonderful in this length of dress." Tracy's shy face turned into a small smile. Belinda looked back at Robert and knew he would be supportive. "What do think Robert?"

Robert slowly came over and made it a point to study Tracy up and down. He gently brushed away some imaginary wrinkles on her shoulders and stepped back for a full inspection. "I like it a lot. You girls are good, but I can see that it helps to have a good canvass to start with. What do YOU think Tracy?" as Katharine turned her to face the full length mirror.

"I think I'm pretty,' said Tracy with a smile and a tear tricking down her cheek.

"You got that right," Robert said with a bright smile. He then addressed Katharine and Belinda. "Ladies, can I have a few moments of your time? I have a couple of favors to ask." They showed Tracy a few more dresses and encouraged her to try them on until they returned.

Robert and the ladies moved to the far side of the workshop and sat at a small table in the corner. He began. "As you know, we'll be opening the restaurant tomorrow and I would like to invite you two to have dinner with me tonight as a mini celebration." Both ladies perked up with delight.

Katharine said excitedly, "I'll have my staff cook from the menu, but they'll make the meal a little more special."

Robert smiled and continued. "But here's where the biggest favor comes in. I'm inviting Becky too. I can't seem to convince her that I am okay with the new her so I would like to try something a bit drastic." He glanced at the ladies and shyly continued. "I want you to make me into Robyn for tonight. I feel like if she sees me as Robyn, she'll see that I have accepted her as Rebecca." He slowly looked at their open mouth faces and dropped his head in embarrassment. "I know you think that's weird."

They both jumped out of seats and gave him a quick hug before running their fingers through his hair, touching his shirt and pants, and running their hands up his legs. They both talked excitedly. "Don't be ridiculous Robyn, she will love you for this. We can make up your hair and makeup or maybe a wig. I have just the right gown for you, and we already know you'll turn out beautiful."

"This is just for one night ladies. I'm not gonna hide from the others either, that would defeat the purpose."

Belinda snickered like a little girl. "Yea right Robyn, we'll see. I can't wait to see my girlfriend again. Be here at 5pm and that will give us plenty of time to have you ready for dinner at 7." Both ladies were chattering and giggling mischievously as they walked backed to Tracy. Robert shook his head, but could sense a small smile come over his face. As he walked out the workshop door, he wondered what he had gotten himself into.

*****

As 7oclock approached, the restaurant was packed with residents, staff workers, and the members of the Kove organization. They had all arranged to enjoy the preopening dinner, but when word got out that Robyn would be making an appearance, the buzz become an uproar. Although there was no dress code for the get together, everyone had dressed sharply in suits and gowns for the occasion. Belinda and Katharine met Rebecca at the restaurant entrance and they all sat at their reserved table.

Rebecca looked around the room and leaned over to her companions. "Everyone seems extra excited tonight. You would think we have a special celebrity coming or something. Speaking of which, where is Robert?"

Just as Katharine leaned over to respond to Rebecca's question, the crowd went quiet except for several sighs and exclamations. "Robert won't be able to make it tonight Rebecca, but we do have someone we would like for you to meet." Everyone's full attention came focused on the figure that had made her way to stand behind Rebecca's chair. Rebecca finally noticed the crowd's focus and slowly turned around.

"Hello Becky," came the soft voice from the beautiful lady standing there.

Rebecca slowly stood up with her amazed expression and fully turned to face her brother. "Robbie? she said in shock.

Belinda had jumped out of her chair at the same time Rebecca had stood up, but she was moving much quicker to position herself at Rebecca's side. "Rebecca, I'd like to introduce you to my good friend, Robyn. And Robyn, this is Robert's sister Rebecca, who he adores very much."

With his bright lipsticked smile, Robert playfully put his fingers under his sister's chin and lifted her jaw to close her shocked mouth. When he held out both of his hands, she fell into his arms and cried tears of joy and relief. The crowd suddenly erupted in applause expressing their approval and support. No words had to be exchanged. Robert knew that his plan had succeeded, and Becky knew that her brother... or sister loved and approved of her very much.

Dinner went well for everyone in the room and even though Rebecca had a hard time looking away from Robyn in amazement, the four ladies fell into excited conversations typical of four female friends.

As dessert was being served, Thomas shuffled over to Robert's table with a concerned look. "Sir, we have a situation," he said to Robert as he held a security phone against his ear. He listened a little bit more and continued. "Nicholas Leeds and four others are at the main entrance and they would like to come in and talk to whomever is in charge."

"Are they armed Thomas?" Robert questioned.

"No sir, we've already checked that," Thomas confirmed in a concerned tone. "But he brought along Ivanov, Tank, and two other nasty looking individuals. This a very dangerous group Robert, with or without weapons."

With all the eyes in the room focused on him, Robert stood up deliberately and kicked off the 3 inch heals that Katharine and Belinda had picked out to go with his dress. He looked over at Belinda and smiled. "These shoes are killing me Bee. Next time a flat would be nice." The crowd responded with a nervous giggle and waited for his next move.

"Let them in Thomas. Keep your security group ready, but tell them they don't move in unless I tell them to." Thomas talked through his phone and gave the directions. Robert continued talking loud enough so the crowd could hear and feed off his confidence. "I knew that he would visit us one day. I'm kinda glad we're going to take care of this once and for all."

Nicholas Leeds walked in through the restaurant main entrance and Thomas led him over to Robert who was still standing next to his table. He was smiling confidently unlike the four big men who followed him in. "To whom shall I address my concerns over the management of Karlson's Kove? Is Karolyn still the manager?"

Robert took one step forward and answered his query. He didn't try to muffle his voice. Everyone knew he was a man dressed as a woman. "This establishment is now simply called the Kove. And Karolyn is no longer in charge. That would be me."

Leeds didn't recognize Robert right away and neither did most of his henchmen. Only Tank changed his expression in an appreciative smile. Leeds extended his hand to Robert and said, "My name is Nicholas Leeds. It's indeed a pleasure to meet you."

Robert refused Leeds' hand and looked him straight in the eye. "I know who you are Leeds, and if you think real hard, you'll realize that we've met before. You can call me Robyn. I hope you are feeling better Mr. Ivanov?" he said rather sarcastically. Leeds' face showed little change as he realized who he was dealing with. Tank's smile grew wider. And Ivanov could barely keep from exploding at Robert. Only Leeds' outstretched hand kept him at bay. The other two henchmen stiffened in readiness.

Leeds withdrew his hand and said, "You are every bit as beautiful today as you were on our last visit Robyn. Be that as it may, I've heard a rumor that the Kove is no longer in need of my services nor my resources. I thought it would be wise to come by and negotiate a settlement."

"There will be no settlement Leeds. Consider your investment a failure. You will get no compensation. In fact, you should be happy that you're not in prison right now. Kidnapping, Money Laundering, and Trafficking are just a few of the charges. You're lucky we don't want to drag these ladies into the scandal that you've created. They've been through enough."

"Interesting assumptions Robyn, and I will miss the Kove, but quite frankly, it was a very small drop in the bucket of my organization. But just for kicks, let's make this interesting. I believe you and my associate Mr. Ivanov have a history that you each might want to resolve. And perhaps Mr. Tank would like some exercise too."

Thomas chose that time to step by Robert's side. "I've got your back Mr. Robert," he said as he eyed the 5 men in front of them.

"It's okay Thomas, but thank you. I'd like to dance with Dmitri on my own." Thomas nodded his head slightly and stepped back to a cautionary position.

Tank took several non threatening steps forward and spoke to Leeds. Mr. Leeds, I would officially like to withdraw my interest in joining your organization. Your operations are just not a fit for my mindset." He smiled and continued. "In fact my mother would spank me raw if she were to find out I had associated with you at all." He stepped away from Leeds into a more neutral position and when he looked over at Robert, they each nodded slightly in a show of respect. The crowd was still and quiet up till now, but did share a nervous giggle at Tank's remarks.

Leeds sidestepped Ivanov to give him an open view of his target. "Let's make a sporting wager Robyn. I'll bet 1 million dollars that Dmitri will knock you unconscious before you can do that to him. Do I have any takers?"

Robyn calmly replied. "We don't need your money Leeds, but I'll still fight your asshole." Ivanov tensed in anger.

"I'll take your bet you bastard!" came a shout from the crowd. The entire crowd turned to see who had issued the challenge. Jack Barton made his way to the front of the room until Thomas stopped him from getting any closer to Leeds. "You took my son you son of a bitch." He looked at Robyn with tears forming in his eyes. "I hope you kill them all Robert, and I'll spit on their graves."

Leeds face became serious and business-like as he recognized the powerful lawyer, but his ego would not allow him to back down. "Very well then Robyn, we have an agreement. I assume you would like time to dress more appropriately."

"Actually Leeds, I don't want to get this beautiful dress dirty, it doesn't belong to me. But I think I'll be quite content leaving on the rest of my wardrobe." He turned to his sister and asked her to unzip the gown so he could pull it over his head. He realized that the sight of him in bloomers and a camisole would be hilarious under other circumstances, but he would use that to his advantage.

As he was pulling the dress over his head, Robert was ready for the charging Ivanov who was trying to gain an unfair advantage. Unfortunately, Katharine and Belinda saw him make his move and jumped in his way. They shouted, "Look out Robert!" as Robert sidestepped the charging madman. Because of all the movement, Ivanov missed Robert completely and collided with the two girls. He was back on his feet and back to his original position very quickly. The girls were knocked sideways, but were basically unharmed. Even Rebecca got caught in the tangle of Robyn's dress and Ivanov's charge. Thomas rushed over and helped Belinda and Katharine get to their feet. Meanwhile, Tank had sprung into action and caught Rebecca before she could fall into a neighboring table.

Robert was now clear from his dress and had an eye on Ivanov as he slowly walked toward Tank as he was supporting his sister. He reached out his hand to the huge man. "Thank you Mr. Tank. I think your mother would be proud."

Tank smiled at Robert's comment and accepted his hand. Mr. Robert, my name is Jorge Bautista. My mother calls me Jorgie and my friends call me Jorge."

With an eye still on Ivanov, Robert shook the big man's hand. "Nice to meet you Jorge, my name is Robert Jude. My sister calls me Robbie and my friends call me Robert. I appreciate your help and would be grateful if you would look after my sister for a bit."

"My pleasure Robert," Jorge replied as he put his hands gently on Rebecca's shoulders. Robert Jude, he thought. Where do I know that name?

Robert now walked over to Thomas and the girls. "Thomas, I'd like for you to keep an eye on my bodyguards here. They seem to be a bit feisty and need more training, but they're mine, and I don't want them hurt. Why don't you secure them so they can't "help" me in the middle of my dance with Mr. Ivanov. Thomas wanted to physically help Robert, but trusted that he knew what he was doing. As he cuffed their hands behind their back, he knew that these girls meant a lot to Robert, and he was bound for them not to be hurt.

Robert addressed the fighter as he slowly stalked towards the man. "Okay Mr. Ivanov, I'm ready for our dance now. Would you like to lead or did I kick your balls too hard last time for you to act like a man?" That comment threw Ivanov over the edge, and he charged Robert like a bull. Robert simply sidestepped him, but used his leg to trip him. Ivanov rose quickly and rushed at Robert again. This time Robert spun and kicked him in the stomach with enough force that Ivanov doubled over and spun to a defensive posture. Robert wasted no more time. He ran the few steps toward Ivanov and kicked him so hard in the chest that the crowd could hear several ribs break. Ivanov flew backwards and was unconscious before he came to stop against the wall closest to Leeds. He was checked and confirmed that he was still breathing, but his fight was over. Robert was still crouched and tensed. His face wore an anger that no one in the room had ever seen. He snarled in preparation for more. When he swayed, his camisole moved slightly and showed the tattoo on his back. It was the name and symbol of St. Jude. Thomas had to put leashes on the girls so they wouldn't run out to Robert's side. He held on tight.

Tank saw the tattoo first and jumped in front of Rebecca. "Of Course!" he shouted.

Leeds looked his way and asked, "Do you know him Mr. Tank?"

Tank explained, "My country and our neighbors can be very a very dangerous place. Innocents are kidnapped for ransom, or slaves, or just for revenge. I've heard my mother and my family cry and pray to God to help their innocent children and loved ones. I know the prayer by heart now.

"Most holy Apostle, Saint Jude Thaddeus, friend of Jesus, I place myself in your care at this difficult time. Help me know that I need not face my troubles alone. Please join me in my need, asking God to send me: consolation in my sorrow, courage in my fear, and healing in the midst of my suffering. Ask our loving Lord to fill me with the grace to accept whatever may lie ahead for me and my loved ones, and to strengthen my faith in God's healing powers. Thank you, Saint Jude Thaddeus, for the promise of hope you hold out to all who believe, and inspire me to give this gift of hope to others as it has been given to me."

"They prayed to St. Jude for help and for hope. They say that their prayers were answered when he sent his representative to help them in their time of need. A man would come in and rescue the innocent. He would come in and he would leave without a trace, like a ghost. Robert is the Ghost of St. Jude."

Leeds addressed his two remaining henchmen who were obviously professional fighters. "Gentlemen, there will be a huge bonus for the man who takes down this ghost."

It took a total of fifteen minutes to destroy all three of Leed's men including Ivanov. As security helped Leeds and his men back to their car, Jack was heard to yell, "Don't worry Leeds, I'll be in touch!" The crowd started to disperse after the eventful evening. Jillian came by and patted Robert on the back. She took his dress and smiled. "I'll have one of MY girls get this cleaned up right away. You'll be ready for your next outing in no time Robyn."

Robert noted a lot of caution on the faces of the people that came around to say goodnight. They had seen a side of him that no one else had ever seen. He was a very dangerous man, but fortunately, he was a very good man too. Tank came over and presented his sister back safe and sound. "It is an honor to meet you sir. I must go now and change my accommodations before Leeds has me kicked out onto the street. Please let me know if I may be of service to you in the future."

Robert answered quickly. "As a matter of fact my friend, I believe my partner Jack may have an assignment for someone exactly like you. If you like, we'll send someone with you to your hotel to get your things and bring them back here. You can stay here tonight, and we'll meet with my new security chief in the morning to work out a new more permanent partnership. There are a lot people here who could use your kind of protection Jorge." He looked over at Thomas who still held on to Katharine's and Belinda's leashes. "Would tomorrow morning workout for you Thomas?"