The Gift She Gives Ch. 02

Story Info
Vesper meets a dragon.
6.3k words
4.78
18.8k
26

Part 2 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/16/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vesper didn't wake up until she felt and heard her car door being pulled open. Batting her eyes open slowly, she found herself gazing into the hard gray eyes of a stockily-built man of average height. The way he held himself, however, let her know that this man was very much in charge of the people in his life, and the idea of that made her shiver.

He reached towards her to remove her from the minivan and Vesper jerked away from him, wrapping the blanket a little more firmly about her body.

"You shouldn't touch me." She explained, though he didn't seem to really need her to.

"If you didn't alter Anya or the pups she carries, I have no fear of you changing my ability to shift into my wolf form. Please, let me take you inside, you look very uncomfortable. I'm Sergei. This is where we live." He said and moved in to scoop her up in his arms as she looked at the enormous house nestled into a backdrop of tall, green trees.

"You live here? It's huge." She whispered, her awe of the structure evident in her voice.

Sergei chuckled as he carried her in through the front door. They were followed by Yakov, who carried a sleeping Penny, and Grigory, who was carrying Sam. He knew that Anya had been scooped out of the van by Yegor, who had pulled her with him straight into the house as Sergei had gone to her door.

"It's a little ostentatious, but it was a gift to Anya, to us all, from the father of some of her children." Sergei explained as they walked into the front entryway and he set her on her feet.

"Oh." Vesper was curious about that, but thought it would be rude to ask.

"We have a lot to talk about, but I am sure you would like to sleep first." Sergei looked to where Anya and Yegor were standing huddled together by the back window in the dining room. He could hear Yegor chastising her, and new the younger wolf's blood was on fire that his lover was merely placating him with yeses and nos. He would have to deal with her later.

"Grigory, put Penny in on the daybed in Dina's room and Vesper can sleep in her room. The pups aren't likely to go in there in the morning. They generally go to Sam and Oscar first.

Vesper couldn't help herself, "Pups?"

"Yes, sorry, you've kind of come to a house of children. Anya had four children with her first husband when we met her. Sam and Penny, who you've met, Dina and Oscar. But she also has four children with a family of dragons. Ju-Long, Mei, Zhen and Li. Once we bonded and mated, Anya had my litter of seven pups; Catarina, Ava, Fiona, Gertrude, the girls, and our boys Boris, Egor, and Demitri. Now she is pregnant with six more, from my pack." Sergei explained as he took her hand and led her upstairs.

"That'll be 21 children! That's amazing!" Vesper gasped.

"Yes, Anya is a wonderful mate, and mother." Sergei was not going to mention the offspring she'd had with Chrysanthulus.

"Is she like me, older than she looks?" Vesper looked around her as she asked quietly, he'd led her into a very pretty, young girl's room.

Sergei shook his head, "For a nonhuman, Anya is actually quite young. She's only 28 years old in human years. I have great-grandchildren older than her."

"You have great grandchildren?" He must be very old.

"Probably generations beyond that, but my kind spread out. We focus more on pack than family. Though Yegor did come find me at one point. He's my grandson. His mother, my daughter, was a favorite." He smiled as he grabbed extra blankets out of Penny's closet.

Vesper took them from him and thanked him. Werewolves seemed to have lots of babies, or pups as he had called them, how was the world not overrun by them? He must have guessed at where her thoughts were running because he shrugged and looked over at her.

"Werewolves have had many enemies over the years, we don't expect our whole litter to survive to adulthood, plus, there are diseases that affect us more harshly than they affect humans. Throughout my life I have lost a great many children. Anya knows this is our reality but I don't think she'll ever fully understand the loss until it happens."

"So she knows that her children could die? It sounds very morbid, expecting such a terrible thing." Vesper frowned.

Sergei shrugged, it was something he had been very aware of for a long time. Humans were so used to having their children grow old that they forgot that death was so common for the other species in the animal kingdom, in all the other kingdoms actually. Anya was adamant that her children would live and he hoped she was right, but he had lived long enough to lace his hope with a little bit of reality.

"She does, but I understand that she can't hear it, that it sounds unreasonable to her. If it should ever happen, we will all be here for her." He smiled, hoping that was the end of that conversation. "I'll fetch you your backpack. The bathroom is out this door and to the right down the hall before the turn left." Sergei told her before he left her alone in the spacious room.

Vesper sat down on the soft bed and felt her body finally start to give in to the exhaustion that had threatened to overtake her since her mother's stroke. She shifted the bed sheets to move herself under them and by the time Grigory stepped into the room to set her backpack on Penny's dresser, she was sound asleep, her breath escaping her soundlessly through her softly parted lips.

~*~*~*~

It was mid morning the next day when Vesper woke up. She felt her breath rush from her when something heavy jumped on top of her stomach, and then a warm tongue begin licking at her face. Opening her eyes, she tried to grab whatever fur covered creature was on her as she heard a little boy's squeals from next to the bed. It was pitch black with big gray eyes, like his father, Vesper thought to herself as the little menace jumped around on top of the bed for a few moments before jumping off.

She gasped as she watched him shift into the form of a child slightly older looking than the one who had brunette hair that was giggling at his side.

"Sorry, Boris is bad." The younger looking child said and the other one looked at her with an eyebrow raised. He didn't look apologetic at all.

"Boris! Oscar! Back downstairs, stop annoying our guest." Their mother came into the room, a tray of food in her hands.

"Sorry about that," Anya said cheerfully as she put the tray over Vesper's lap on the bed, "I told Oscar to come and check on you and Boris overheard. I swear, that one is more work than all the others combined. It's hard to believe he's still got about four more years before he goes off to college." Anya made sure everything looked right on the tray before she stood back up, her hands on the swell of her stomach.

"Four years?" Vesper asked, she'd sat up against the headboard and felt her stomach growl from the smells of the hot food on the tray.

"Werewolves mature fast, like dragons. It takes them around five years or so. But Oscar is actually older. Sirens are slower to grow. It's one reason we can hide so well among humans. Did you age like a regular human?" Anya asked.

Vesper nodded, "At first, then it seemed like I just stopped aging at all."

"I'm sorry I made you so uncomfortable last night. I'm still pretty new to this world myself. I didn't know I was a nonhuman until last year. It was kind of like I took a crash course in it." Anya chuckled low in her throat.

"Sergei said you had dragon babies, as well." Vesper said softly as she spread butter on a couple pieces of toast.

"I do. Twins and two singles. I don't recommend it. Birthing dragon eggs, or mating with a dragon. Neither is something I ever want to experience again." Anya smiled at the girl as she bit into a piece of toast.

"How did you come to be with Sergei after that?"

"I had actually already been with the pack before the Lotus family. After my time with the dragons, I reestablished my bond to Sergei and the others. I love them very much." Anya felt her body grow warm just thinking about the night the bond had been firmly concreted into place.

"How did you meet them all?"

"Through my lawyer. He sent me to a spa that was filled with nonhumans. It was pretty intense."

"Was there anyone there like me?" Vesper asked.

Anya shook her head, "No one, Vesper. I've never seen a nonhuman with wings like yours before."

She sighed, wondering if they were all right about her being nonhuman. She still had a hard time believing they existed, but it was a little easier now that she'd witnessed the little boy change from a wolf beside her.

"Will anyone know who I am?" Vesper asked in a gentle sigh.

Anya shrugged, "Yakov and Sergei are very old, far older than you, and they've never even heard of your kind. They even googled old folklore but can't find anything that really points to what your kind is. They thought for a while that you might be some hybrid water nymph, but they said the wings are wrong."

Vesper frowned as she looked down at the plate of food, not feeling very hungry.

"If they can find out, they will, Vesper. Don't worry." Anya shifted to sit beside her on the bed, "Until they do, you are more than welcome to stay with us, even after, really. I don't want you to feel alone, I've been there."

Vesper knew her eyes were filled with tears, but couldn't keep them from falling. Her emotions were being sorely tested and all this information and the lack of information, it was driving her crazy.

Anya looked up as Sergei and Yakov entered the room. Yakov took the tray and walked back out as Anya put her arms around Vesper and wrapped the girl tightly within her hold, Vesper's head dropped her shoulder.

"We should call Arc. He may know what she is." Sergei said very hesitantly and watched as Anya glared at him.

"Mr. Hughes doesn't know anything." She hissed, still bitter, despite the fact she loved her pack, loved the family she'd made, it still hurt to think of the angel who'd let her go, and then worked to insure that she'd never go running back to him, "Besides, she'd be a hot commodity, especially with her healing powers."

Vesper watched as Sergei frowned down at his wife, so very curious as to their lives. He seems to want to respond, to stick up for this Mr. Hughes, But he kept his mouth closed, and instead, looked in Vesper's direction.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

Vesper nodded, "Yes, thank you. It was very kind of you all to let me come here."

"We could never have just left you to fend for yourself, Vesper. You'll find that most nonhumans are very supportive of each other, we look out for our own so to speak." He heard Anya chuckle and frowned at her.

"Most, but definitely not all. I can think of a few species that Sergei's not overly fond of." Anya bit the side of her mouth after she spoke.

Sergei frowned and took his wife's hand to pull her from the bed.

"I am a man, Anya, you purposely do things that make me quite jealous. I am not at fault for not wanting to see other men lust after you." He wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her forcefully on the lips.

"Is that so?" Anya chuckled, looking back at the bed.

"We'll leave you to get dressed, Vesper. Just come downstairs when you're ready." Anya told her and Vesper watched as they both left the room, leaving her alone once again.

Vesper got up from the bed slowly and raised her hands above her head and spread her wings wide, enjoying the feeling of allowing them to be unbound. Looking through the meager contents of her backpack, Vesper realized that the binding she'd made was missing, but it didn't surprise her, the people here didn't seem to care that she wasn't normal. So instead of worrying about her wings showing or not, she put on clean panties, a long brown skirt, and then she pulled out the loose yellow shirt she usually wore with it and pulled it over her head. She would wait until she cleaned herself to worry about the fact she didn't on a bra. The binding had acted as such for her for years.

Walking into the bathroom, she bathed slowly, allowing herself to enjoy the hot water and smell all the different soaps that the bathroom was stocked with. Vesper had a towel wrapped around her waist and was using another to dry her hair when there was a knock at the door.

Opening it, she frowned as she saw a man with messy blonde hair, Clear blue eyes, and a handsome face smiling at her. When he saw her, his smile widened a bit as he moved his eyes up and down her body.

"You must be Vesper." His clear, deep voice said, not hiding the appreciation of the figure she presented at all.

"I am." She replied softly.

"My nana told me to bring you these clothes. She said that while you're in the house, you shouldn't have to try to hide your wings." He held out the cloth bundle to her that he had been holding at his side.

Vesper nodded and took the clothes from him, "Your nana?"

"I'm sorry, I was rude. My name is Aidan. Sergei is my great great grandfather. Since Anya's his wife, I call her 'nana.' She kind of hates it. Especially since, well..." He didn't finish the sentence, instead he turned his head to the side a little and ran a hand through his hair.

"So you're a wolf like them?" Vesper asked before whatever it was could get awkward.

He nodded, "Yes. I'm visiting Sergei for a bit. I'd like to stay with the pack here, but I don't think that will happen."

"Why not? They seem to be a very close family." Vesper said softly.

He nodded again, "They are. Which is kind of the issue. All males in a wolfpack are allowed access to all the females. Anya is the only female and she's very closely bound with the four of them. They don't want to share." He chuckled as if to say he understood, or at least was trying to.

"Oh." Vesper felt her eyes widen as she realized what the man was saying, "So where do you usually live?"

"Vermont. I belong to a pack there. It's a more normal pack, we have several females we whelp pups with." He shrugged. Aidan was still bonded with his pack, but it had felt lessened during his time away. He wasn't sure that he would return to them even if he was finally given a definitive answer from Sergei. It would be different if he'd claimed one of the female wolves, but they were already claimed, and he was still licking his wounds about losing Domino to her vampire, despite the fact that he was also happy for her.

"I've been to Barrington, I think. A long time ago. When my mother and I lived in Boston for a time." Vesper tilted her head a little as she looked at him, curious as she seemed to constantly be around these beings.

"Well," he sighed, looking down the hallway and then back her, "I'd better go and let you get ready. It was nice to meet you, Vesper." He smiled wide at her again before closing her back into the bathroom alone.

Vesper frowned at the door for a few moments and then finally looked down at the clothes in her hands. The thick cotton skirt was as long as the brown one that she'd intended to wear, but the yellow and orange batik designs on it were beautiful, and it was very soft.

There was also a white tank top with a low back, which would allow her to step into it feet first and pull her arms through the straps. She pulled her panties on and then the tank top, again considering the fact that she wore no bra. Her breasts were full and perky, despite her age, so there wasn't any sagging in them. She was glad that the top was a quality cotton or her dark pink nipples would have shown through.

Vesper pulled the long skirt on, knowing it must belong to Anya, something that didn't fit so well with her being pregnant. It felt wonderful as it swirled around Vesper's ankles. She picked up the orange cardigan that she hadn't unfolded yet and did so. She noticed immediately that it had been cut and hemmed down the back, and buttons and buttonholes sewn into it. It would allow her to wear it, and to have it buttoned both above and below where her wings connected to her. Vesper couldn't help the excited smile she gave the mirror as she hugged the item to her chest.

When she walked downstairs, she found Yegor sitting on a couch in the family room, his long, muscled legs spread and Anya was sitting, fully clothed, facing him in his lap. Their hands were wrapped together and Vesper could almost feel the depth in which the two cared for each other.

"It's disgusting, isn't it?" A male voice whispered close to her ear and Vesper gasped as she turned to see that Grigory was standing behind her, two glasses of milk in his hands.

"Good morning." She nodded at him as he handed her a glass and took the other one over to Anya who tilted her neck back so that he could kiss her slowly.

"I knew you would look great in that, it really shows off your wings." Anya smiled at Vesper as she walked further into the room.

"Thank you. I have to say, it's very comfortable, but having them out, knowing you can see them, it's a little scary for me still." Vesper told them honestly.

Anya nodded, "I get that. Sometimes I get jealous that my mates can show their true nonhuman form, but I always look like this, well, not always so fat, but there are benefits to not looking different than people."

"Are there other nonhumans that can't change their shape?" Vesper asked as she sat down on the love seat adjacent to the couch where Anya and Yegor sat. Grigory had sat on an armchair near them.

"Yes. A lot of them. They spend their whole lives having to hide." Anya told her.

Vesper took a sip of her drink.

"We were thinking that it might be good for you to visit an acquaintance of ours." Anya snorted, making Grigory stop talking to glare at her.

"Anya, you need to forgive him some day." Yegor cupped her face in his hands and it made her look at him.

"Seeing as how I'm going to be alive for a very long time, I have a lot of days to choose from." She grinned widely.

"You need a spanking."Yegor growled at her, his hands moving to rest just above her ass.

Vesper watched as Anya giggled and whispered in her lover's ear before she shifted off of his lap and sat beside him on the couch.

"He owns a place called Vorhees Spa. I-I went there a while ago. It's how I found out who I was. And how I met my mates. Mr. Hughes is old, very old, And if anyone will be able to identify what you are, it's him. He will want to see you, to look at you and to talk to you." Anya explained.

"Is it far from here?" Vesper felt fear rise inside of her, she had never been anywhere by herself.

"It's about a four hour plane ride," Grigory answered, "or 15 or so hours in a car. It's in Canada. Do you have a passport?"

Vesper shook her head, she didn't even have a library card.

"That's not a problem." Yegor reassured the woman who looked worried.

"Will I go alone?" Vesper asked and relaxed a little when Grigory shook his head.

"We would like to accompany you, But Anya's pregnancy makes a trip like this more difficult."

"Not to mention that I don't want to ever go there again." Anya muttered, But smiled when Yegor growled at her.

"We're also expecting visitors shortly, so we have asked Aidan, the man you met upstairs to accompany you. He's very trustworthy and will take good care of you." Grigory continued.

She would be traveling to Canada with the attractive blonde who'd looked at her with desire in his eyes? Vesper felt a shiver work through her body. She'd been attracted to men from time to time throughout her life but had never been allowed to act on it other than that one stolen kiss that had had such severe repercussions for her and her mother. Now, it seemed that Vesper couldn't stop thinking about what it would be like to be kissed again.

"You know, maybe she can heal Payton. Cynric said in his last letter that the horn he lost is taking a long time to grow." Anya said softly, blushing as both wolves in the room growled her.

12