The Gift She Gives Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Foal coming. Vesper help." Bellator explained simply and Vesper watched as Mr. Hughes' eyes darkened a bit and he looked over in her direction.

"Why wasn't I told? I could have brought the vet." Mr. Hughes frowned as he moved his gaze from Vesper to the oldest centaur in the room.

Bellator whinnied in irritation, "Vesper better than vet. She help mare."

Mr. Hughes shook his head slightly and Vesper was almost certain that he rolled his eyes in her direction, as if to say the centaur had made a stupid mistake. His response to their situation frustrated her and she felt her color rise in her cheeks and her back muscles tightened. She was holding a warm wet cloth, and without thinking, she threw it with as much force as she could at the angel, and watched with satisfaction as it hit the left breast of his suit jacket, leaving a large wet mark as it plopped to the ground half on his shoe. He looked down at the mark, and then at the cloth on his shoe and shifted so that the expensive Italian leather was no long in the direct path of the water-soaked item, and then he slowly raised his eyes back to her face.

"Get out." She said in an angry, broken voice, "Just go away."

He didn't respond to her, because, of course, he wouldn't speak to her, but his eyes became a dark marbled color and he slowly began to walk towards where she stood shaking beside the laboring mare.

Before he could get anywhere close enough to cause her pain, though, Corvus neighed and stomped in between the two of them, rearing up on his hind legs to let Mr. Hughes know that his interruption wasn't appreciated. The angel stopped his approach and frowned angrily up at the centaur, and then took a deep breath. One last glance was sent in Vesper's direction before the man turned and stormed out of the room, taking his anger with him, thankfully, and Vesper turned back to the mare she was here to help through labor. It was getting closer, and they truly did not have time for the distraction brought about by Mr. Hughes.

"The two of you are going to have to work things out somehow." Samir said calmly a little while later as Vesper waited for Corvus to check the mare once more.

"I can't leave here, maybe not ever, so I suppose we have all the time in the world to deal with things." Vesper muttered, her frustration clear as she sent the giant a sideways glance.

"I've never seen him so miserable, not even after Anya left." Samir pushed on, wiping the mare with a cold cloth.

"I'm not that pleased with the current situation, either, Samir." She shook her head, she wasn't pleased at all.

"Mare ready." Corvus said from the back of the animal and Vesper looked up at him and nodded.

"Does it still look like it's coming out correctly?" She asked.

The large centaur nodded, "Best position."

"In the past, what has killed the mares?" She knew it was a sensitive question, and she asked it with her eyes on Bellator and not the son, a young centaur who was fully aware that the mare that had birthed him had died doing so.

"Placenta come out, tear from mare." Bellator explained.

"They bleed to death?" She asked gently, knowing by Corvus' nervous noises that the young centaur was scared, and it warmed her heart suddenly that he cared for the mare, he wasn't just using her to have a child.

"Well, let's get this foal out as gently as possible and see what we can do to help her with the placenta delivery." Vesper moved towards the mare's rear and stood with Corvus, working as a team as the mare began to push to expel the foal.

It was another twenty minutes, though, before the head of the baby centaur emerged from the lip of her vagina, and Vesper watched as Corvus very tenderly cupped the back of his child's skull. Baby centaurs weren't born with an entirely infantile skull and face, it seemed. This child had a slightly larger skull, about the size of a two year old, and black hair that was already relatively long. Vesper smiled a little and looked up at Corvus.

"How long has she been pregnant?" She asked.

"Fourteen months."

Vesper nodded, she should have realized that the gestational period may be slightly different for nonhumans. The mare whinnied and stomped slightly away from them and pushed hard, forcing the foal out more, exposing the arms and chest of the human portion of the foal down to just below where the umbilicus was connected to the human navel area.

"She will tear here, shoulders and legs too wide." Bellator spoke up suddenly, stepping slightly forward and Vesper walked quickly over to the mare, keeping a hand on her as the beast pushed again.

It pained Vesper to see way the skin of the vagina split and to hear the mare's wounded whinny, but as she touched the animal, the foal passed through the canal completely, into the somewhat helping arms of Corvus and Samir, the wound healed quickly, with very little blood actually spilling. As Vesper watched Corvus set his child down on the cloth-covered floor, she wasn't sure if she'd ever been so grateful for her gift. The foal was on its stomach and the mare was already turning to lick the fluid from the child to stimulate it.

Vesper kept a hand on the mare as she turned, as well. She gasped when the human eyes finally opened to reveal a dark chocolate color, and the little human mouth opened up to let out a shrieking cry, then a broken whinny, which made all five of the other part or fully equine creatures in the room send out similar whinnies to it. It was a sight to behold, Vesper thought to herself as she stared at the new little life start to stretch and test out what its little arms and legs could do. The mare didn't seem to be stressed at all as it nudged its nose under the foal, trying to help the little one find its hooves. Vesper could sense that the placenta was detaching and beginning to make its way out of the mare. She closed her eyes a moment, rubbing the beast with her hand, knowing that broken blood vessels were mending quickly, keeping any bleeding to a minimum.

She opened her eyes to see that the placenta had fallen from the mare, and Bellator was bent and dealing with the afterbirth and cord, getting it tied off and disconnected from Corvus' child. A child that, once it had gotten to its hooves and stood looking at them, still sobbing as both mother and father surrounded it, was female. Vesper felt her eyes widen as she realized that fact, knowing that Bellator had once said that there were no female centaurs that he knew of, and he had not been able to produce one with any of the mares he had bred. She knew the centaur males knew it, because their stance changed, and the looks they gave the child were ones of awe and happiness.

"Mare well?" Corvus looked over at Vesper, his face filled with his pleasure about his child as he put a hand on the mare's neck.

"Yes, yes, I think she is well," Vesper nodded, a smile on her own face as she looked at the female centaur, "your daughter is quite beautiful, Corvus."

It was true, the new centaur was colored much like the mare, tawny skin with black hair starting at the cannons and a black tail. She was wrapping her arms around Corvus' powerful front legs and he had taken a warm wet cloth and was wiping her down. There was a growing excitement in the room about what this meant. A female centaur. Vesper watched the men and delighted in the way they smiled and spoke to each other and cooed to the child. She knew that if ever there was a family of men who would spoil a daughter, this was definitely one. The love that she could see for the baby in their eyes was readily apparent. They were already tightening ranks around the baby and Vesper felt a little like an outsider. When she felt that the mare was in no further harm, she looked over to see Samir still standing near the heavy wooden outer door of the chamber and he smiled softly at her and extended his hand to her.

She walked over to him quietly, not wanting to disturb the emotion in the room, and was halfway out when she felt a large rough hand surround her upper arm. Turning, she realized that Corvus had been the one to approach her.

"Thank you. Mare live. Daughter healthy. You do this. Her name Cometes. For you." Corvus spoke to her slowly, she knew the English language was difficult for them, and had to listen to understand all that he said. Cometes, the Latin word for 'comet,' like her wings. Comet moth wings.

Nodding, she smiled up at him, "I am glad for you Corvus. Enjoy her."

She turned away as he walked back over to his child and Vesper turned back to Samir and let him put his arm around her waist as they walked out of the chamber and into the sunlight outside. It was very warm, almost hot today, and the breeze felt nice as they walked slowly around the perimeter of where she could move comfortable. It wasn't until he reached up with a hand and wiped at tears that had fallen from her eyes that she realized that she'd been crying. Sniffing, she choked out a laugh and gave him a wide smile.

"I'm pretty pathetic, aren't I?" She chuckled, shaking her head and looking over at the bluebird houses.

"You wouldn't be alive if you weren't affected by seeing the birth of a child, Vesper. I completely understand, and it doesn't make you pathetic." Samir responded quietly, not really looking at her while he spoke.

"Oh, I am pathetic. I saw that baby and saw the love her parents already had for her, and I should feel happy for them, and I am happy for them, but I'm also..." She shook her head and refused to meet his gaze.

"Jealous?" Samir suggested and Vesper bit her lip.

"Yes."

"You want to be a mother."

"With everything that I am. I want a normal life, Samir. I want the house and the husband and the kids and the dogs and cats. I want to have a normal life, and I can't." She knew her voice shook, but didn't care, she knew that Samir wouldn't be bothered by it.

"Because you love an angel?" Samir asked, prying very gently.

"It's a stupid thing to love a man that you can't have. Angel or not." She muttered, bending beside a rose bush and running a fingertip along one of the blooms.

"There is more than one way to have a baby, Vesper. You know enough about the medical field to know that." Samir's remark made her look up at him with an eyebrow cocked.

"Samir, you're a really great guy, but if you're suggesting that I sleep with someone other than Mr. Hughes in order to have a baby, I-." She stopped speaking and frowned when he chuckled a bit and scratched the back of his head with a hand.

"No, that's not what I meant at all, Vesper. If you had sex with anyone, I am pretty sure that Mr. Hughes would kill every single person he ever came across. I'm saying that you could get, what's the word? Inseminated. Yeah. Like with donor sperm."

Vesper sighed out of relief, she really didn't want Samir getting attached to her, she had been very clear with him about their relationship, or lack of it, from shortly after he had kissed her on the roof. She had no intention of allowing him to encroach on territory she still very much considered to be one wayward, moody angel's.

Vesper stood back up and put her hands together behind her back as she started walking again, letting her wings rise a little bit behind her. It still felt wonderful to be able to stretch them out all day and not have them tightly held against her body.

"I am a virgin, Samir. Having a baby that way would break my hymen." She looked sidelong at him but didn't stop walking.

"And that bothers you?"

She nodded, "I don't know why, I guess I'm old-fashioned. I don't want to lose that in any way but one, with him."

"Which is, of course, the conundrum. You want him, he wants you, and you can't touch each other. At least he says you can't."

"It hurts to even get an arm's length from him."

"It hurts to get close to any nonhuman who is injured, doesn't it?" Samir asked.

She nodded, "Yes, to differing degrees. Sam, Anya's son, barely hurt at all, it just sort of felt fuzzy. Shu hurt more, as did Payton. But both of them together didn't cause me as much pain as having Mr. Hughes close to me. Or how I feel when I try to leave here."

"When does the pain stop?" He asked.

"The second we touch, really. But with Payton and Shu, there were after effects to me that weren't so much painful as intensely...provoking. I blew out fire after Shu and I touched, and my hair got dark for a while."

"You had horns after Payton and you touched, I hear the satyrs were pretty impressed by that." Samir winked at her, Cynric and the other satyrs had visited from time to time, they'd been somewhat touched by her presence here, though Mr. Hughes had done everything he could to dampen their ardor.

"As if wings and pointed ears aren't enough." She chuckled at him, feeling the mood finally start to lift a little bit, "Not to mention the fact that I have eyes the color of an eggplant."

"I don't think they're that dark, Vesper, a few shades lighter, maybe." He gave her a cocky smile and she returned it, he was easy to talk to when there wasn't any tension between them.

"He is afraid that if we touch, it would kill me. Look at what happened when I tried to run away." Vesper shrugged, they were turning towards the patio now, slowly making their way back towards the mansion.

"So you're just going to live here forever, with him, without either of you ever being able to leave? In some sort of eternal...prison?"

She shrugged again, "I don't know what else to do."

"Do you want to live like this forever?"

Vesper shook her head, absolutely not. "No."

"Then touch him."

Her eyes grew wide and her mouth gaped open at the giant who was looking at her intently, he was serious. "Touch him? Are you mad?"

"You have two choices here, you don't touch him and the two of you exist in this unhappy orbit around each other, or you do touch him and one of two things happen."

"And what would those two things be?"

"You die."

"That sounds just fantastic." Vesper rolled her eyes at him.

"Or you heal him and he gets his wings back, and then afterwards, he can finally fuck you the way you both want. Then you can go get inseminated and it will be okay." Samir said as he slowed to a stop outside of the dining room door.

"That all sounds rather simplistic, and nothing has been that simple since I've come here." She shook her head.

"Have you considered that the two of you are making this a whole lot harder than it actually needs to be?" Samir said in a quieter voice, not wanting to irritate her.

"What do you think will happen to me if I touch him?" Vesper cocked her head to the side a little, "I've become somewhat like each nonhuman I've cured, at least for a time, what attributes of Mr. Hughes do you think I might take on? I doubt it's the desire to dress in expertly tailored suits and shave my head for no known reason."

"Maybe you'll get covered in tattoos and sing beautifully." Samir's smile and lighthearted response made her frown and take several calming breaths, he was not trying to make her angry, she needed to remember that.

"You said the changes don't last, and you've been able to handle everything that has been thrown at you. He likes to make people cum, and he likes that feeling himself. You'll probably want to dominate, yes, but dominate him. He'll probably be more than happy to oblige." Samir put a hand on her shoulder as she faced him on the patio.

"He won't even speak to me, Samir." She muttered.

"I have a feeling that if you touch him, he's going to have plenty to say." His eyes shined as he looked down at her.

"But what if he's right? What if it kills me?"

"I don't think it will, but would you rather be here, like this, forever? In this tiny little bit of the world? Forever?"

Vesper shook her head and sighed, looking into the dining room, she thought about what all of this could mean for her. Was he right? She couldn't help but think he was. It was a waste of time to try to go on the way she was here, in a place that was most definitely not the type of home that she had once hoped to live in. Touching Mr. Hughes was probably the only way to finally figure out this whole mess. Even if it killed her, at least she wouldn't be stuck here like this for the rest of time. Stuck loving a man who she couldn't touch was painstakingly difficult, and the fact that he wouldn't speak to her was more than she could handle. Something had to give, maybe what Samir was suggesting that she do was the only way to fix all of this.

"I'll see you later, Samir." She muttered, throwing him one last look of indecision as she stepped into the dining room. It was early afternoon and Mr. Hughes was usually in his office about now doing paperwork with Faeron.

As she made her way through the rooms to the foyer, Vesper was happy that Faeron couldn't read her mind like he could the minds of humans, because she was sure he would warn Mr. Hughes of her thoughts. She wasn't as close to the elf as she was his wife, and she knew his loyalties would lie with his employer. He had good reason to side with Mr. Hughes, but none of those reasons had anything to do with her, so she was just glad that he couldn't catch hold of what she was pretty sure that she was going to do when she entered the office.

Hand on the knob, she turned it with force and pushed open the door, her mouth open, ready to say something, she wasn't quite sure what, as she stepped inside and set her eyes to the one person she found within.

"Hello." The sultry feminine voice of the woman in front of her hit Vesper like a slap in the face and she felt herself go suddenly still in the doorway.

The woman, a brunette, with long, wavy hair halfway down her back, was standing beside the desk, which she had been slightly bent over while she signed some paperwork. She was tall, almost five feet eleven inches, and wore heels that added a few extra to her thin form. She was tan and had perfect skin from what Vesper could see of her legs under the pencil skirt she wore, and the sleeveless silk blouse. She had perfect, perky small breasts and her face had apparently been excised straight from one of those haute fashion magazines, for she was drop dead gorgeous. It made Vesper's stomach knot up tightly just to see this woman standing in Mr. Hughes' office. Who was she, and why was she here?

"Hi. Can I help you?" Vesper tried to keep her voice calm, but she felt all sorts of alarms going off inside, the presence of this woman, this ridiculously attractive woman was just a little too much for her and she was scared that her voice had a little bit of a squeak to it.

"Oh, I was just filling out my contract. Mr. Hughes was called away for a moment to take care of something. He should be back soon." The woman spoke as if Vesper had come to seek the angel on some business matter or something, and she spoke with such easy comfort, like she had some sort of ownership of this room or the man who it belonged to and it made Vesper's throat sour and she frowned.

"Contract for what?" Vesper asked, trying desperately to shake off the way this woman was making her feel.

"Oh, I have a six month contract to-to-," the woman suddenly seemed reluctant to tell her what she was here to do, which told Vesper plenty. He was hiring another sex slave. Damn it.

"To service Mr. Hughes." She finished for the woman who had the audacity to blush like she wasn't getting paid to fuck a fallen angel. Frowning, Vesper turned around and left the room, thankfully seeing Faeron walk through the foyer towards the dining room.

"Faeron, where is Mr. Hughes?" She asked, thankful that her voice wasn't breaking into little pieces as she spoke.

"He went down to the kitchen, there was a bit of a grease fire." The elf said, looking at her intently as he spoke.

Vesper nodded and turned and walked to the hallway that would take her to the large, well-equipped kitchen. It didn't take her long to reach it, and she was lucky in that Mr. Hughes was walking out of it and was just closing the door behind him as he looked up at her and went still.