The Good Neighbor Ch. 04

Story Info
Treasure at the end of the rainbow.
6.3k words
4.65
11.9k
4

Part 4 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/16/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wilderness
wilderness
220 Followers

Eyes brimming with tears, Diane left Jack's house without a word.

Jack put on a pair of underpants, climbed back into bed, and slept another three hours. But it wasn't a restful sleep. Erotic images of Diane kept intruding, along with tactile sensations and bits of conversation that felt real. Was it imagined or remembered?

Waking up became tortuous. His head pounded like a drum with every heartbeat. But he had work to do. There were a lot of farm chores to catch up on after taking last summer off. Besides, staying busy kept his mind from unpleasant Diane thoughts.

His balls itched, so he scratched them. His nose itched, so he scratched it next. When he inhaled, he noticed his fingers smelled odd, but familiar. It was a smell that made his heart beat faster, an agreeable odor that triggered primal attentiveness and a temptation to lick them. So he sniffed again, deeper. Pussy! A smell no heterosexual male ever forgets.

"What the hell?"

Jack stood up, pulled down his briefs, and checked for more evidence of female bodily fluid. Crusty pubic hair and the drifting sexual aroma left no doubt he'd had intimate contact with a woman recently.

"So... it wasn't a dream. Diane did rub against me."

At first, he didn't feel mad or repulsed. Instead, he felt pleased that she still wanted to try after knowing about his dysfunctional dick. But then he remembered. Diane committed adultery with her husband's best friend, and then lied about it. He couldn't be with someone that would do that.

Disgusted by his arousal, he mumbled, "I hope I peed on her."

Jack began his morning ritual - a hot shower, shave, and medication. Organized to a fault, Jack reached for the pill bottle on the right side where he always kept the cholesterol medicine. When he opened the bottle and shook a pill onto his palm, he noticed it wasn't the statin.

'Cialis', the bottle label read. He stared at it confused, wondering how this mix up could happen after a year of repeated conformity, and then came to a swift conclusion. "Diane must've gone through my medicine cabinet."

Looking up at his perturbed reflection, Jack noticed the bi-fold closet door behind him was ajar. He turned around and opened it to see if anything had changed. Sure enough, the toilet tissue bundle was reversed. She'd searched through the closet, as well. Behind the bundle, Jack found the vacuum pump box was now on its side. He opened it up. The previously sealed package of tension rings was no longer virginal.

"So, she goes through my stuff. Messes with this thing, and then comes to bed and rides me?" First he was angry. Then he remembered her kindness. "I called her N. G., no good, but she still helped me to bed." Jack felt conflicted, both a little hopeful and a little violated.

After coffee and an omelet, Jack's throbbing head calmed to a niggling ache. He walked across the street and knocked on Diane's back door.

She opened the door and just stared at him with red, puffy eyes.

Jack cleared his throat, and said, "Thank you for helping me last night. I apologize for being rude and unappreciative." He paused for a response, but she didn't give him the satisfaction. He continued, "I was wondering if you'd give me a ride to get my truck this morning."

In answer she turned and walked away, saying, "Come in. I want to show you something."

Apprehensively, he entered and followed her to the kitchen table. They sat across from each other.

"How's the hangover?" she said, opening the first of two photo albums lying in front of her.

"I'll live. I feel better after eating. I'm too old for nights like that."

Diane found the page she was looking for, and spun the album around. "I'm sorry I lied about Lou being my brother-in-law." She tapped on a photograph, and said, "I didn't lie about having a twin. That's my sister, Anne. My parents thought it would be funny if the second born twin's name had the prefix of di - two. So that's how I was named Diane."

Jack looked at the picture of the identical twins. There was no doubt it was Diane, but which one he couldn't tell.

"I lied because I didn't want to have to explain my relationship with Lou and his wife, Sharon. Most people wouldn't understand. I didn't know you saw me through the window, so I thought it was a harmless lie. Then I panicked and came up with my sister's husband story. I'm sorry. The cover-up is always worse than the lie. You'd think I would've learned that lesson from stupid politicians."

Jack nodded, while looking at the photos. "I see." Then he looked up, and said, "So tell me the truth about Lou and Sharon."

"Oh, god. Now comes the hard part." Diane closed that photo album and opened the other. She paged through a while, before spinning it around and pointing at each face. "This is Sharon. This is Lou. This is Larry and me."

The two couples were sitting on one couch smiling at the camera. Diane appeared maybe ten years younger.

"I won't go into details," she said, turning the page and pointing again. "Let's just say we were very close."

Jack looked at the new picture. It was the same group on the couch, but the couples had swapped partners and were kissing. Larry, Diane's husband, had his hand under Sharon's skirt.

"I should get rid of this album, before my daughter or grandchildren find it. But it reminds me of the good times we shared." Diane reached for a tissue and blew her nose. "A year after Larry died, I sold our house. I was lonely. I was a mess. Sharon and Lou took me in. We all slept in one bed. Weird, huh?"

Jack looked at Diane, and said, "It's different. I get why you'd try to hide it. Does Sharon know that Lou stopped here?"

Diane picked up her cellphone, and tapped and swiped for a while. She stopped and gave it to Jack to read. "Sharon sent this email the day before Lou arrived."

Jack read, 'Hi Di! Lou is attending a convention near you. I told him to stop and show you some love. I know you're lonely. I'm very busy and can't visit until July. I miss you, Sweetie." The message was followed by X's and O's.

It was an email with a long string of sends and responses. Jack scrolled down and picked out key phrases in Diane's messages. "Jack doesn't seem interested." "I like him." "I'm frustrated." "I'm horny."

Sharon responded with phrases, "He'll come around." "Give him time. You're irresistible." "Is he blind?" "Is he an imbecile?" "Maybe he's gay."

Jack handed back the phone, and asked, "Have you told her about my surgery, and-"

"No," she said emphatically. "That's too personal. I wouldn't share that information with anyone without asking your permission."

Jack folded his hands, and said, "Thanks."

She reached over, laid her hands over his, smiled warmly, and asked, "Are we friends again?"

"Well that depends, Nature Girl, are you going to give me a ride to my truck or not?"

Her smile broadened, and a tear ran down her cheek. "I will, in an hour. I have to pull myself together first."

"Let's make it noon, and I'll buy you lunch for your trouble."

"Okay, Jack," she said, softly rubbing his hands, "but it's no trouble at all."

The morning passed with a quiet momentum. Jack readied fifty balsam firs for planting by moving their containers from the greenhouse to the field on a flatbed hay wagon. He unhooked the tractor, drove home, and washed up. Then walked over to Diane's at noon and met her as she walked out of the house.

"Wow, you look fantastic!"

Diane curtsied in her daisy print sundress. "Thank you, kind sir." She handed him her car keys, and said, "You drive, since you know the way."

Jack drove with split attention, half the time eyes on the road and the other half on Diane. When the tires sent gravel from the shoulder rattling against the fenders, she said, "Maybe you should pay more attention to driving. I'm not going anywhere."

Focusing on the road, he said, "Sorry. But the view is better inside the truck."

"Aw, thank you. So... what are you doing this afternoon? I'd like to go for a swim. It's so hot." Diane put her feet on the dashboard and pulled the skirt up to her hips.

"That's not helping my concentration." Gripping the wheel tighter, he added, "I'm planting trees. I am way behind my annual replenishment."

She sat up, and excitedly said, "I want to help. Can I help?"

"It's hot, sweaty work. You can if you want. I won't turn down the offer."

They drove in silence for a while. Jack stewed over the pictures of Diane and friends-with-benefits. What he really wanted to know was how she could be interested in him, a man without an erection, after having a polyamorous lifestyle. His ability to satisfy her felt impossible and heartbreaking. Instead, he said, "Don't answer if you don't want to, but I'm wondering how you and Larry got into wife swapping."

Diane looked at him and frowned while considering her response. "Well... it just happened gradually over the years. The four of us spent so much time together after the kids were grown, we were like a family. We vacationed together, and shared rooms to save money. At first, we took turns using the rooms for sex. We'd put the do not disturb sign on the door, set up schedules. Then Larry and Lou decided that once the lights were out you couldn't see anything anyway, so why not just fool around in the dark. But the erotic sounds turned us all on. We'd laugh and exaggerate our vocals to outdo the other couple." She paused, and looked out the side window before continuing, "The truth is, Larry and Lou were college roommates, and they told stories about how they shared girlfriends if the girl was into a threesome. Sharon added her stories about experimenting with other women while in college. I was the oddball, straight laced, monogamous wet blanket." She laughed, and said, "Behind the scenes they plotted my seduction."

That seemed the end of her explanation. Jack didn't push for more, but said, "So, you weren't really swingers?"

"If you're asking, 'Did we have sex with other people?' the answer is no. Just the four of us was variety enough. But after Larry died, three seemed too many. The emotional comfort was nice, but I didn't want to be the third wheel in their relationship."

"So, is that me? Am I like comfort food to you? Just filling in the gap?"

"Filling the gap?" She looked at him with a smirk, and said, "No Jack, you keep telling me you can't fill the gap."

He frowned, and said, "You know what I mean. I like you. I like being around you. But after what you told me, how can I be anything but a disappointment."

Diane didn't respond immediately. He drove on, gripping the wheel with two hands, waiting for the logical answer, 'You're right, Jack. I was hoping you were a whole man I could have satisfying sex with. But now that I know the truth, I'd just be taking pity on you.'

Preemptively, Jack said, "I don't want your pity."

She turned to stare at him a while, and said, "Okay, Jack. No pity," then looked away.

A few minutes later, Jack clicked on his right turn signal. When they pulled into a parking lot, Diane read the sign on the wall. "Topsy Curvy? This is a strip club!"

"Yeah... well... I came here to feel better about life, but I just felt like a dirty old man, until I was drunk enough not to care. I spent a lot of money I shouldn't have."

"Did you buy lap dances?"

Jack looked at Diane, and said, "Funny you should ask. I only had one lap dance, and it was a freebie. The sad part is... I don't remember much of it." Then he winked.

Diane blushed, but kept silent.

He opened his door, saying, "Thanks for the lift. Follow me. I know a nice place for lunch."

They ate outside at Murphy's Grill, under the shade of an umbrella. Diane ordered a teriyaki chicken salad. Jack had the bacon, mushroom, cheeseburger with fries.

She pointed at his plate with her fork, and said, "I see why your cholesterol is high."

After wiping grease from his lips, he said, "Oh yeah. I wanted to ask you about that. I noticed that you searched my bathroom. Were you looking for something?"

"No, not really. Just trying to get to know you better."

"I guess you didn't find anything repulsive. After all, you stripped me bare and... well you know."

She smiled, and said, "I didn't plan on taking advantage of the situation, until I saw those silk boxers. I thought that was like an invitation. Didn't you wear them just for me?"

"No. I wear them every day."

"Oh." She frowned at her salad. "Sorry."

He laughed, and said, "Of course I wore them for you. Wishful thinking on my part."

Throwing a chunk of chicken at his face, she said, "Oh you... you're mean!"

He caught it in his mouth, chewed it, swallowed it, and said, "I'm sorry. But I like seeing your reactions. You make some great faces."

"I do?"

"Yup."

After poking around in her salad greens for a while, she asked, "Wouldn't you like to see my 'O' face?"

"I think I've surprised you enough that I've already seen your 'Oh!' face."

Diane shook her head. "Not the surprised 'oh' face. My, 'I'm having an orgasm with a capital O,' face.

It was Jack's turn to ruminate. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, before answering, "I won't lie. I'd love to see that face, but I'm afraid of disappointing you."

"Why? Is it because of my sordid past?"

"Kind of. Now that I know your history, there's that. But even before I knew... I just think it's best if we remain plutonic. That way you won't have unrealistic expectations, and I won't disappoint."

She looked around to see if anyone was close by, before saying, "I saw your penis pump and the tension rings. Don't you want to try it out?"

He frowned. "Not really. The whole procedure seems so... clinical and unromantic."

She leaned forward, and said emphatically, "I'm not looking for a romantic seduction, Jack. We're way past the wining and dining stage. I already know you. I already want to know you... intimately."

"Well... there's this other thing."

"What thing?"

"You asked me once if I've ever had an orgasm since my surgery. A few months after, I tried to get an erection by masturbating. I couldn't. But I did have an orgasm and... peed on myself. It's not uncommon after prostate surgery. Nobody told me it was a side effect. I looked it up on line. It's called Climacturia - the involuntary release of urine at the time of orgasm."

Diane put down her fork, and said, "I see how that could be a bummer if it was unexpected. Is it permanent?"

"Maybe. I don't know. At the time, I didn't see the point in finding out." He gave her a weak smile. "It's just another nail in my manhood coffin."

"Fuck that, Jack! Pardon my French, but you're giving up too easily. My first impression was that you were a man's man. To hear you wimp out so quickly, now that's disappointing me."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," he said, picking up his cheeseburger and biting off a mouthful.

"Okay, fine."

After that, they ate in silence.

Jack finished first. "I've got to get back and start planting. Thanks for the ride."

Diane didn't say anything.

Jack got up, paid the lunch bill on his way out, and went home. After hooking up the auger attachment to the tractor, he drove out to the wagon of waiting saplings and began the hot work of replanting. First, he drilled ten holes in a row, having to stop several times to remove a rock with a bar and shovel. Then he placed the small pine tree in the hole and filled in around it by hand. An hour and a half later, he had three trees planted. At least he hadn't thought about disappointing Diane for a while.

"Hey! Want some help?" Diane approached from between the six foot pines, dressed in denim cutoffs, a white tee shirt, and a floppy sun hat. On her feet were rugged hiking boots, which looked incongruous at the ends of her slim legs. She brought with her a water jug and a grocery bag.

"Sure, if you're ready to get dirty."

"Let's do it!" she said, walking up to him all smiles. "First, take off your gloves."

"Why?"

"I need you to put some sunblock on my back. I don't want to get sunburned through this thin shirt," she said, pulling a tube out from the bag and handing it to him.

"Okay," he said unscrewing the cap and squeezing lotion onto his palm. "Turn around."

Diane turned her back and pulled off the shirt. No bra.

As he spread the lotion on her back, he said, "You really need this. Your skin looks a little pink after yesterday's swim."

"I know. And this way I get to feel your plutonic hands massaging my wanton flesh, after all."

"Funny, Nature Girl. For your information, I don't find this too unpleasant." He gave her shoulder a tap, and said, "All done."

"No you're not." Diane turned around, took the tube out of his hand, and squirted a line across the top of her chest. "You have to do the front, too. Don't miss a spot, please."

Jack shook his head and smiled. "You're incorrigible," he said, but began the pleasurable job of adding the protective layer.

"I'd rather think of myself as encouraging," said Diane, watching his man hands gently apply the lotion and ply her breasts. When he took extra time on the nipples, she closed her eyes and groaned, her knees buckling a little.

"Okay, now let's get to work," said Jack, brotherly patting her shoulder. "I want to get the rest of these trees in the ground before sunset."

They worked hard for three more hours and planted thirty trees. Jack taught Diane how to run the tractor and auger, expecting her to stay seated while he did the manual labor. But when the drilling was done, she got down and dirty with the shovel, or carried the saplings from the wagon to the holes.

Jack was impressed. "You're a hard worker for a city slicker, Nature Girl."

She wiped sweat from her forehead, leaving a streak of mud. "I love this. I should've studied agriculture, instead of history."

"But then you wouldn't have met Larry."

"That's true. My life would've been totally different. And that's why I'm here, now. I want something different." Diane turned and walked away, saying, "I'll get the next tree."

Leaning on his shovel, Jack watched her walk. He admired the outline of her shoulders through the clinging fabric. Her ass swayed, her hamstrings flexed with every step on the uneven ground. When she reached the wagon, Rascal came out from the shade underneath to greet her. Diane gave him a pet and said something. Rascal's tail wagged with enthusiasm. Then she put her hands on her lower back and twisted side to side, before lifting the small tree and heading back.

"I think that's enough for one day," he said. "I'm tired. Last night's binge took its toll."

Plopping the tree in its hole, Diane said, "I won't argue. I think I'll be stiff and sore tomorrow."

"Thanks for the help. It's a lot more enjoyable with company." Something he never had from his ex-wife. "The last thing we need to do is water the new trees. I can do it alone if you're too tired."

"Are you kidding me? Watering sounds like the easy part. I don't want to miss that."

"All right. Hop on the fender, and we'll go get the water tank."

Jack drove slowly between the pine trees. The fresh scent induced deep breaths and calming thoughts. He looked up at Diane. She held fast to the fender edges with eyes closed and a smile on her dirty face. He knew the feeling - the feeling of peace with nature, the satisfying fatigue of hard work well done. He pulled off his glove, placed his palm on her knee, and gently squeezed. She briefly looked down at his hand, and then returned to her quiet reverie.

In the barn, Jack unhooked the auger, and said to Diane still on the fender, "Drive over to the tank and back up to the tongue."

"Tongue? Are you giving me tongue from behind, Jack?"

He smiled, shook his head, and thought, 'I guess she's not totally worn out.'

wilderness
wilderness
220 Followers
12