The Handyman Ch. 02: 1640

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hobart will be a fitting name for this place. The siting is almost ideal. The harbor will be both snug and safe. The wharves will go at the other end of the curve there. We can call the bluff above this boatyard location the Upper Headland. And that curve of cliff running around the spit to the south end of the harbor the Lower Headland."

Ye can give the names as you please, Daniel Hobart, Shern thought for now. That were a privilege granted ye by King Charles. But we shall see what we shall see. And I do rightly know that my own dwelling will be built at the top of what ye named the Upper Headland. Overlooking the boatyard and whatever town we build. And it will be built higher on the headland ere yours ever will be.

What he said aloud, though, was, "The town will need a common. We must mark it as English."

"Yes, yes," Hobart answered, almost with irritation at anyone else but him plotting the town. "First, though, we must blaze paths to Boston in the north and Braintree to the west. We must establish our links with the other settlements and begin providing for the goods we need—both for ourselves and with Mother England."

"Yes, we've discussed the need for more help once we've put down roots here," Cushing said. "We must ship back to England almost immediately. With Captain Lynch, regrettably. I do not like the idea of a return sea voyage with him, but if we let him go, there is no telling when the next ship will be able to take us."

"Yes," Hobart said, almost absently, already looking out over the land rise from the harbor for the best placement of the common ground Shern had mentioned. "But one of us will need to stay. The town will not build itself."

"Yes, one of use will need to stay," Shern answered. He smiled grimly to himself, determined who that one would be.

Cushing bustled off then to attend to the longboats arriving from the ship with the last porting of the supplies to help get the town started.

Captain Lynch and his coxswain were overseeing this operation as well as the unpacking of the tents. They would stay on land too, until all of the provisions were stored where they needed to be and the tent city was erected.

The carpenter, young Edward Geer, was leading a group of men into the fringe of trees to the west of the town plot. He would identify trees for felling, and they would start construction of wooden buildings almost immediately.

In his group, at the behest of Addis Shern, was another young carpenter who was secretly tasked to look only for trees appropriate for building boats. Shern was fully determined to make the boatyard the first—and premier—economic enterprise of the new town.

Out beyond the mouth of the harbor lay the ship languidly at anchor. A crew of ten had been left on board to ensure that the ship could be safely sailed should an expected squall arise. The Greek was left in charge of the crew. Young Thomas Cole was one of the sailors on the ship, because the ship's captain could not risk having him on land under the authority of Addis Shern. Neither Captain Lynch nor the coxswain would be back on board for at least a day.

There was little to do as long as the ship was resting peacefully at anchor.

Thomas Cole wasn't angry about what the captain did to him the previous night. He had been expecting it, and, in various ways he had been building up to it. What was unexpected was how much he had enjoyed having a man's cock working inside him—to have that much control of another man's desires and to be desired by another man so much that the man lost total control in his lust. Being with the captain in the dark enabled Cole to concentrate on his cock and his ability to use it. The ugliness of him melted away in the dark. And having tasted what a man could receive from another man, Thomas was itching for a repeat helping of it.

The Greek was snoozing, naked, in his hammock. He was having a wet dream, and Thomas became mesmerized at watching the brute of a man's cock harden and the sailor's hand go to it and work it even though he was asleep. The man awoke to the sensation of Thomas practicing what the captain had taught him the night before in cock sucking.

With a bellow and a heave of Thomas's body over his, Thomas was skewered and was dancing his ass on the Greek's staff. The Greek wasn't as large as the captain but he was more vigorous, and Thomas's endurance was pushed to the edge of glorious endurance as, the Greek gripping his waist between two rough, calloused hands, he was slammed up and down hard time and again on that thick rod until he was flooded in the Greek's victory.

The other eight men gathered around, fascinated and aroused. And when the Greek finished, Thomas took on anyone else who wanted him for the price of two coppers. After all eight of the others were exhausted, Thomas had twenty coppers he'd never had before.

It was almost too easy, especially since he had enjoyed himself.

The captain and coxswain didn't return to the ship for three days, and Thomas was suddenly one of the richest men between Boston and Plymouth.

Longboats did, however, go back and forth between the ship and land, and on the evening of the third day, a sailor who had been to the quickly rising town that day took Thomas aside and told him that one of the other sailors had informed the captain what Thomas was doing and that he could surely expect a flogging or worse when the captain was back on board.

That night, tying his new fortune in a canvas bag around his neck, Thomas slipped into the water and swam to the Lower Headland spit. When he reached the town, he sought out Edward Geer, who had already built a lean-to shed opening to the back of his tent.

Edward was on his back on a pallet, naked, and sleeping the sleep of a man who had put in a hard day's work. Thomas stretched out beside him, took Edward's lips in his, and moved a hand down his body to encase the young carpenter's cock. Edward moaned and came to life as Thomas's mouth followed the path his hand had opened up, ending by closing his lips over Edward's now-erect cock.

Edward came then. And later he came as Thomas rode his hips with his pelvis. And then again before dawn when Edward asserted himself and pushed Thomas's back down on the pallet, spread Thomas's legs, and fucked his new-found lover hard and deep.

The next morning Thomas showed Edward the bag full of coppers, informed him how they had been acquired, and told him of his plan for establishing both of them in this New World and new town.

Edward was not pleased at first, but when Thomas said the other alternative was for Thomas to return to the ship and fuck the captain all the way back to England. Edward liked that plan even less and didn't question Thomas more. Thomas, of course, had no intention of following such a plan as that at all. He knew that once he and the captain were back on the ship together on the high seas, he would be completely at the captain's whim, and that it very likely would not go well for him at all.

Thomas was also aware that there was another alternative for him now that he was on land. Addis Shern had already made advances and offers. If Thomas could not lie under Edward, he surely could do that for Addis Shern. Although Shern was a figure of higher authority, though, Thomas did not prefer him, as he had heard that Shern had a mean streak in his taking that included a whip.

But there was no particular reason for Edward to know either that the threat to return to the captain was a ruse or that Thomas had a backup plan with Addis Shern. Edward was a big, arousing bear with a fine fucking technique. But he certainly wasn't the brighter of the two.

Edward hid Thomas in his tent and lean-to, which in the next few days he added to as he could to make it serve Thomas's plans, until Captain Lynch returned to his ship—along with Peter Cushing and Daniel Hobart—and the ship had sailed. Lynch had too much on his mind to think of his sailor, Thomas Cole, until his ship had sailed too far from the coast to return for the simple pleasure of punishing a young tease like Thomas.

Edward Geer was left in charge of the construction of the town, which gave him status and certain privileges. One of the first establishments he finished off—rising out of the tent and lean-to he himself had first occupied—served not only as his home but also as a male brothel. This business at first was "manned" by Thomas Cole only, but later, when it became established as a tavern, it employed other willing men and, when women started to arrive, them as well.

But for the first settlers, all men, Hobart having died on the voyage home followed by Cushing on the voyage back, arrived with new settlers and more provisions, there were only men. Men had to be serviced. And when there were only other men available for that, most men made do—and eventually grew to enjoy it.

It wasn't long before Thomas Cole and Edward Geer were almost as rich as the owner of the boatyard, one of the original land grantees, Addis Shern. Almost. This "almost" could be clearly seen from the town. To the south of the town, on the bluff overlooking the harbor that Hobart had named the Upper Headland, was—at the very apex, the expanding mansion of Addis Shern. A bit lower on the bluff, to the west of the Shern house, was the Cole house. To the west and a bit lower than that was the Geer house. These three families owned the entire top of the bluff. From this time forward, those living in these houses were recognized as the preeminent citizens of the town.

Before the resupply ship returned to the New World, too, there had been a change in the name of the new town. It was now named Shernhaven. Addis Shern had known the advantage of being the one to stay behind. Cushing and Hobart weren't forgotten, though. The street curving around the harbor at the water's edge was named Wharf Street, but the one parallel to that, inland, from Wharf Street, was Hobart Street. This connected at its south end to the Lower Head Road, leading out to the end of the Lower Head spit and on its north end to the Boston Road. The next parallel street to Hobart, with the commons running between them on Main Street, was Cushing Street.

12