The Hell in Your Eyes Ch. 09

Story Info
A stalker's obsession reaches the point of no return.
11.9k words
4.77
99.4k
166

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/20/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was in fifth period history when her cell phone vibrated against her leg. Pulling it from her pocket, she discreetly looked at the face of it while her teacher turned to face the chalkboard.

"Work sucks." - J.

Sam cocked an eyebrow in amusement. Lifting her head, she checked to make sure that she wasn't being observed before typing out a reply.

"I didn't think you had a job. You seem to have an awful lot of free time on your hands. What do you do?" - S.

A moment passed, and then her phone vibrated again.

"I beat unruly children. How's school?" - J.

Rolling her eyes at his response, Sam thought for a moment, then smirked.

"Awful. I'm unruly so they're beating me. You sure are evasive with questions. No last name. No job description. Aren't you the man that wanted us to live together?" - S.

When it vibrated again, Sam had to wait before she could look at the message because her teacher chose that exact moment to peer in her direction. When she glanced away, Sam looked down at the phone.

"I hope you're kidding. No one gets to beat you except me. It's my favorite after school activity. I have a last name. It could be yours someday." - J.

Sam's mouth parted as she gazed down at the tiny screen. Was he proposing? Of all the crazy things he had said and done so far, this was definitely the craziest. How was she supposed to respond to that? It was such an insane notion that it didn't even justify a response. With a shake of her head, she let out a sigh.

"I'm not sure that Samantha Ass has a good ring to it." - S.

She expected a quick response, and he didn't disappoint her.

"It definitely has a good look, and feel to it, brat. I'm going to pick you up today. Watch for me." - J.

With another sigh, she placed the phone back into her pocket, and returned to her reading. It wasn't easy to concentrate on the words in front of her. She had too much on her mind. So much had happened in the space of just a few days. She felt completely overwhelmed.

She was beginning to believe that she was just as crazy as he was. Any rational person would never have allowed any of this to happen. A sane person would have went to the police after that first day he had abducted her. So, why hadn't she done that?

Fear was the first thing that came to her mind. Only, she wasn't afraid anymore. Not really. So, why was she still doing this? She was practically dating the person who had terrorized, and raped her. Didn't that make her sanity as questionable as his?

He was slowly, but surely lulling her into a sense of comfortability. She was beginning to see all of this as normal. That couldn't be healthy. Could it?

He had dragged her into his life in the most brutal way possible without any hesitation, or forethought to how it would effect her. The remorse he had shown didn't seem to stem from any real regret of his actions. He wasn't sorry that he had done it. He was only sorry that it had upset her. It made Sam wonder if he really knew the difference between right and wrong.

As pleasant as he was becoming, she sensed that the brutality that he was capable of would always lie just beneath the surface. Hidden from view until the moment came when she truly angered him. What could she expect then when that monster was unleashed?

She could never really be sure until that moment came. If his sudden change in behavior was an act, and she stayed with him, she could be opening herself up to a life of pain she wasn't sure that she could handle. She had to know the truth.

She spent the remainder of the day warring with herself on what to do about it. The idea formulated in her mind during the last hour of school, and stayed with her until the bell finally rang. She knew what it was that she wanted to do. She just wasn't sure how safe it was.

If it turned out that she was right, and that Jack was keeping himself restrained, he could do any number of things to her if she followed through with her plan. Did she really want to face that?

It was the only way she would get an answer to the question that seemed to loom over her constantly. She had to test him. God help her if he failed that test. It was probably the dumbest thing she would ever do in her life, but she had to know.

***

She spotted his car the moment that she walked out the doors of school. He had parked across the street, and his Dodge sat directly behind a large, yellow school bus. Jack was getting braver. Apprehension coursed through Sam's body as she began to second guess herself.

Things were going so well between them. Did she really want to destroy that? Did she really want to push the monster into returning? Wasn't it better to just accept the peaceful way things were rather than to corner him into getting an answer to a question that might never arise?

Biting her lip, she made her way across the courtyard until she reached the side of the car. When she got inside, Jack was smoking as usual, and he turned his dark head to grin at her. "Hello, brat," he said in greeting.

Sam smiled in return. "You pick me up everyday. Don't you think it's about time that you start calling me Miss Daisy?"

With his cigarette dangling from his lips, he cocked an eyebrow at her. "Do I still have to call you that if you're riding in the trunk?"

When her eyes widened, it made him chuckle, and then he shook his head. Reaching for the gear shift, he pulled the Dodge out of park, and slowly pulled away from the curb."Did you learn anything new, and spectacular today?" he wondered as he drove down the street.

Sam's brows crinkled while she gave it some thought. "Just the usual. We learned about feminism, corporal punishment, and how to say no to drugs."

His lips twitched as he turned to look at her. "Sounds fascinating."

She nodded in agreement. "It was. Where are we going today?"

Pulling the cigarette from his mouth, he reached to scratch his temple. "Well, I figure I've broken you in enough so that you'll behave when the white slave traders get their hands on you. We're going to the docks."

Sam pursed her lips while she contemplated her options. "Should I jump out of the car now, or wait until we reach a red light?"

The sudden click of the doors locking in place sounded in the small space of the car, and Jack attempted to fight a grin while staring straight ahead.

"Very funny," Sam responded sourly.

His grin grew wider. "I want to show you where I live," he finally answered. "I'm taking you home."

Sam snorted in response. "I've never seen what it looks like under a bridge. If there's homeless people should I refer to them as your roommate so as not to offend?"

Tucking his tongue into his cheek, Jack turned his head, and raised his brow once more. "You certainly are mouthy today," he observed as his dark gaze passed over her.

With little remorse, Sam shrugged before shifting her frame to peer out the window. The passing scenery did little to quell her inner turmoil, and for the hundredth time she questioned the wisdom in testing their tenuous relationship.

"Have you thought about what we talked about?" he wondered.

Turning back towards him, Sam met his intent gaze, and then she frowned. "A little," she replied evasively. "All of this has happened pretty fast."

"It has," he agreed with a nod. "I don't want you to think that I'm pressuring you about this. I was just wondering if you had actually given it any thought. Despite the obstacles we would face, I really do believe that you would be happy with me, Sam."

Tilting her head in acknowledgment, Sam resumed watching the passing scenery as the car moved down the road. Sensing her strange mood, Jack leaned forward, and pushed a button on the cd player so that music began filling the car.

***

The trip took less than fifteen minutes. When Jack pulled the Dodge down the side street of a residential block that Sam was completely unfamiliar with, her blue eyes widened at the grandeur of the houses that they passed.

Instead of continuing on as she expected, he slowed the car in the center of the block, and proceeded to pull into a long driveway. It led towards an impressively large two story house that sat on top of a grassy embankment. The car finally slowed to a halt before Jack turned off the engine, and Sam turned to gape at him from where she sat.

"You live here?" she asked with disbelief.

Jack's dark eyes widened dramatically, and then he swiftly shook his head. "Not yet. We have to smoke them out. You create a distraction. I'll head round back to start a fire." Holding up his lighter, Jack flicked it several times in front of her while concentrating on it hard.

When she reached out to smack his hand away from her, Jack's teeth flashed in a grin, and then he chuckled. "Yes, I live here. Why do you look so surprised?"

Sam's eyes darted towards the large house as a small frown furrowed her brow. "It's just not what I expected," she hesitantly replied.

Jack smirked. "What did you expect?"

Sam shrugged. "I'm not sure."

Shaking his head, Jack sighed. "If you had known me ten years ago you wouldn't be quite so surprised. I used to live above a bar."

Sam nodded to signal that she understood. "Ten years ago I was eight."

With a roll of his eyes, Jack reached for the handle to get out of the car. "Come on, brat. You can drive me crazy with your mouth once we're inside."

Her lips twitched in response. "Does that mean I get to be in charge this time?"

Pausing with his foot resting on the asphalt of the driveway, Jack turned his dark head to grin at her in surprise. "If you want," he chuckled.

Leaning his large frame across the short space between them, he slipped his fingers into her hair until he was grasping onto the back of her neck, then pulled her towards his mouth. When he lifted his head, his dark eyes were heated. "Get out of the car, you little trouble maker. We're done with the backseat. I want you in my bed."

Sam's mouth parted when she observed the carnal promise that lurked within his tempestuous gaze, but he quickly turned away from her in order to disembark from the car, and she swiftly recovered.

When her own door stayed firmly in place after several yanks on the handle, Sam let out an aggravated growl before folding her arms across her chest.

It only took a moment for Jack to notice that she was trapped, but when he did his grin returned as he rounded the car in order to let her out. Unlocking the door with his key, he opened it, and stood with his lips pressed firmly together in an attempt to contain his laughter.

The glare she shot in his direction once she stood beside him only served to amuse him further. "At least you didn't have to ride in the trunk," he informed her lightly.

Rolling her blue eyes in vexation, Sam turned away from him, and stormed across the lawn. Jack chuckled as he watched her trudge off. His eyes immediately latched onto the roundness of her bottom, and lingered there until he finally shook himself . Clearing his throat, he followed after her.

When they reached the porch they walked up the steps side by side. Jack reached the door first, and made quick work of unlocking it. Pushing it open, he stood in the doorway for a moment as his eyes raked over her.

"Try to keep an open mind," he stated briefly. Then he slipped inside to hold the door open. Sam's face filled with perplexity, and then she stepped across the threshold. The sight that met her eyes made them instantly widen.

The interior was like nothing she had ever seen before. The size alone of the spacious room she stepped into had her reeling. The ceiling stood fifteen feet high, and the floor was a beautiful dark birch wood that held several large, extravagant carpets. Placed on top of each was an array of plush white couches, love seats, and chairs that all seemed to be directed towards a massive stone fireplace that dominated one side of the room.

The beauty of the carefully arranged setting was only enhanced further by the other pieces of furniture in the room. On the opposite wall, a pair of mahogany bookcases bracketed a gigantic aquarium. At least three dozen tropical fish darted through the viridian water as her gaze passed over it.

A tall curio cabinet with elaborate stain glass doors sat in the corner, and not more than two feet from it was a baby grand piano with matching mahogany finish. Several artfully placed ficus trees brought lush color into the room, and at the center of it all was an iron wrought chandelier that hung from the ceiling. The splendor that surrounded her didn't hold a candle to where her eyes became riveted next.

Turning to Jack, Sam was awestruck. "You have a swimming pool in your living room," she stated in amazement.

Her expression made Jack smile. "It's not in the living room. It's in the sun room."

The furthest wall was made entirely out of glass, and in the center of it were two large doors that led into a beautifully lit room that held the fairly large pool. Sam couldn't seem to look away from it as she frowned.

"Did you want to go for a swim?" Jack inquired. "You don't need a bathing suit." The lecherous look he gave her after that statement immediately brought heat to Sam's cheeks, and she swiftly looked away as her eyes darted about the room again.

"Are you in the mafia?" she asked in astonishment.

Jack's brows crinkled in amusement as he peered down at her. "Does Vermont even have a mafia?"

"I don't know," Sam replied with a shrug. "How else could you afford to live in a place like this?"

Jack sighed. "I'm gainfully employed, brat. I own my own business."

"What kind of business?" Sam wondered skeptically.

Jack bit his lip as he looked into her blue eyes. She was patiently waiting for a response, and his dark gaze roamed over her face for a moment before he looked away.

"One that's lucrative," he finally replied. "Come on. Lets go upstairs, and find some towels. That swim is sounding better and better the more I think about it."

Reaching for her hand, Jack engulfed it within his own before pulling her through the house. When they reached the end of the living room, he veered left into a dining area before turning to ascend a long, carpeted staircase. Sam barely had time to take in the lavish decor of the new room before she found herself almost stumbling to keep up with him.

"You're not a drug dealer, are you?" she inquired breathlessly.

Pausing once he reached the top of the landing, Jack turned to her, and scowled. "No. I am not a drug dealer. I've never robbed a bank, and before you ask next, I have never indulged in grand theft auto," he sharply retorted.

It was a reprimand, and Sam's cheeks bloomed with color once again before she lowered her gaze. His fingers reached out to lift her chin so that she was forced to look at him.

"Why do you always think the worst of me?" he softly wondered.

Before she could think of a response, he released her in order to continue down the hallway. Biting her lip, she hesitantly trailed after him until he reached a doorway. Turning the handle, he stepped inside, and Sam followed in his wake as he entered the room.

His long strides carried him quickly to the side of a tall, rustic bureau, and while Sam looked on curiously, he pulled open the second drawer, and began rummaging around inside of it.

"I don't always think the worst," she mumbled quietly from the doorway.

Her blue eyes roamed about the sparsely furnished room before settling on the massive bed that was placed in the center. It looked expensive. "I'm just never sure what to expect when I'm with you. Any time I ask you anything to better figure out who you are, it seems like you change the subject."

Closing the drawer in front of him, Jack opened the one beneath it, and quickly spotted what he was looking for. Pulling the package from the drawer, he set it on top of the dresser, then reached to pull his shirt over his head. Once it was off, he absently dropped it to the floor, and picked up the package before turning to face her.

When their eyes met his gaze was full of consternation. "You do think the worst. I understand why it is that you always do that. I just don't want that to be the way that you see me anymore."

Stepping towards the bed, he sat down on the end of it, and leaned forward so that his elbows rested on his thighs. His head lowered so that he could rake his fingers through his dark hair, but then he lifted it to look at her directly.

"I am not perfect," he said with a frown. "I'm going to make mistakes. If you're going to give me a chance then you can't always assume that I'm only capable of bad things. It's setting me up for failure."

He paused, and then a long sigh escaped him. "I want you, Sam. I also want this to work. In order for that to happen you have to at least give me the benefit of the doubt. You're never going to feel safe with me otherwise, and I need you to feel safe."

It was as if he could hear her internal struggle. The fact that he was acknowledging her worst fears while trying to put her at ease about them made Sam feel extremely torn. It was a simple matter to say the words, but what type of situations would she have to face if he lost his newly found sense of self control?

She couldn't just go through the motions until that fatalistic eruption came. She had to know what the experience was like first hand, and the sooner the better. There wasn't any other possible way to make a sound decision.

Fidgeting awkwardly where she stood, Sam's eyes drifted to the carpeted floor beneath her feet. Part of her wanted to reassure him, but there was another part of her that was still afraid. There was so much that felt unknown to her. So many aspects to their relationship that had yet to be explored. She wasn't sure what to say, or do in that moment as he waited for her to respond.

"I'll try harder to give you the benefit of the doubt," she finally replied faintly.

Jack's shoulders deflated as he released his pent up breath. "Good." Holding a hand out to her, his dark gaze became beseeching. "Come here."

Stepping across the room, Sam approached him where he sat upon the bed. When she placed her hand within his, he gently pulled her closer until she was standing between his knees.

Releasing her fingers, he gripped onto her hips with both of his hands, and unceremoniously dropped his head so that it rested against the middle of her abdomen. Sam's mouth parted in surprise when a low, agonized groan escaped him.

Her fingers lifted to sift through his thick hair, and his hands tightened where they held her in response. When he tilted his head back, his expression was pained. "I don't want to lose you."

Sam found it difficult to draw breath as she peered down at him. She felt completely at a loss while her blue eyes endlessly searched his fathomless gaze. "You won't," she reassured him softly. "I'm not going anywhere. There's a pool downstairs," she said with a grin.

Her words quickly brought the smile back to his face, and he leaned back in order to pick up the package that rested beside his hip. Holding it up between them, he offered it to her. "You're going to need these then," he said as his eyes lit up.

Taking the package from his hand, Sam peered down at it curiously. "What is it?"

Instead of responding, he patiently waited for her to inspect it further. Flipping it over, she read the title on the front, and frowned.

"They're floaties," Jack informed her with a chuckle. "You have to wear them in the pool so that you don't drown."

With a shake of her head, Sam lifted her hand to pinch the bridge between her eyes.

Jack's frame shook as he reached for her hips once more."I promised to keep you safe. I'm just keeping my word." When Sam lowered her hand in order to narrow her blue eyes at him, he could barely contain his mirth. "They're purple, baby. You love purple."