The Hike Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's too bad," Allen said with obvious insincerity. "It's been really fun hiking with you guys. We'll miss you." He didn't look up at them, but kept his eyes on Becky. She smiled uncertainly at him and went back to cooking the eggs.

"Well, I know you'll miss us. We'll just grab some breakfast after we're done packing and head on our way. You guys are probably anxious to get on up the trail to Henderson." Jeff talked without stopping his assembly of their stuff.

Allen stood and walked over to where Becky was cooking, grabbing a plastic plate along the way. He took the spatula from her and scooped most of the scrambled eggs out onto his plate and handed it back, then went back to his spot on a rock by his tent, picking up a clean fork as he did. Becky looked like she wanted to say something, but when Allen took a huge mouthful of eggs, she resumed her attention to the bit that was left in the pan.

Tanya and Jeff finished packing and went to Becky for their portion of the eggs. Out of the corner of his eye, Allen saw them look in the pan, then look at him as he shoveled the lion's share of eggs hungrily into his mouth. Nobody said anything to him.

"You know," Jeff said looking at his watch and then looking up at the sky, like he could tell something about the time or the future of the day, or something. "I think we'll just get going and make an early start of it. Becky," He moved towards her and they hugged awkwardly.

"Thanks Jeff. It was really nice meeting you guys. This was fun." She said it all mechanically, glancing at Allen as she did.

Tanya moved to hug her close and pushed her face next to Becky's for a moment. Then they parted looking each other in the eyes.

"Bye girl. Good luck and have fun."

"You too Tanya. Stay safe and be careful."

"Allen, it's been great. We'll see you around," Jeff had moved in front of Allen and was sticking his hand out to shake.

Allen thought, "Yeah it's been fun. YOU had fun fucking my girlfriend and flirting with her for two days, making me feel like crap." But all he said was "Yeah. Safe travels." He shook Jeff's hand perfunctorily without getting up, then went back to shoving eggs in his mouth.

Tanya bent to hug him and put her mouth near his ear, nearly knocking the food out of his hands. He reached instinctively with one hand to hug her back while he held the plate in the other hand. She held him there a moment longer than normal.

Quietly, she said "She's a good girl. Don't fuck this up. Jeff's a jerk. Don't let him get to you." As she pulled away, she slid her hand down his free arm. As their hands brushed past each other, she expertly and invisibly left a small piece of paper in his hand, never breaking eye contact with him. She smiled and turned away to pick up her pack.

"Well. So long," Jeff said.

"Bye guys. Thanks for everything," Becky answered.

"Thanks for everything?" Allen thought, "What the hell does that mean?" But he just sat quietly as the couple walked up the trail and out of sight around some trees.

He looked at the paper Tanya had given him. It was her phone number. He put it in his pocket.

Note: I have the next chapter ready. I'm just tweaking a little and will put it up very soon. I think the next chapter will have a surprise in it that should be pretty hot, but also very shocking. There will be one more chapter after Ch. 04, and everything will be resolved. Not sure if Allen will be happy or not yet.

12