The Hot Wife Photos Ch. 03

Story Info
More clues as Don tries to get the picture.
8.4k words
4.81
18.2k
12

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/09/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

*****

Part 9 - Making Amends

5:15am, Thursday, September 24th. I did not want to get out of bed, having had inadequate sleep, but I had to do what I had to do. I swiftly dressed in gym clothes, putting my uniform for the day in the suit bag to protect it, with accoutrements in the pockets of the bag.

At Police Headquarters, I headed to the men's locker room, where I donned the body armor and a football helmet. I left the red crowbar locked in the locker with the suit bag, and took the orange one that I used for practice. Then I went into the gym, hearing the clanging of iron and female grunts and groans.

In the boxing ring, Cindy and Joanne were going through some drills. They were also attired in body armor and football helmets. Mostly it was Cindy attacking and Joanne defending. Cindy was clearly venting some anger. I would give her the opportunity to vent some more.

I walked up to the ring. The women saw me and stopped fighting.

"Okay, I think I'm done." said Joanne, very astutely. She left the ring and went to the locker room. Meanwhile, I got into the ring.

"Defend yourself, Ross!" I yelled in the Klingon tradition as I went into the attack, as I always did whenever Cindy and I got our morning exercise this way.

*CLANG!*

Iron struck iron as we battled, thrust and parried, circling and feinting, then engaging in several rapid series of blows. Cindy was attacking harder and harder, really letting me have it. I stayed on the defensive, but on purpose, just parrying her attacks, watching and learning and remembering how she liked to attack.

It was several minutes before she caught on that I wasn't trying to take advantage of the openings she was allowing me... all traps, of course. So she changed tactics and slowed down herself. Then I feinted as if to attack and she came at me with the martial arts blow, trying to kick me square in the chest. I moved out of the way, then had to parry her vicious backhand blow.

After several more minutes we were both tired, so I called the halt. We climbed out of the ring, leaning back and half-sitting on the side of the raised ring.

"Feeling better?" I asked.

"Not really." Cindy said. "But you were right. I was wrong to say that in front of subordinates and the perp." She wasn't changing her mind on being suspicious of those that take the Fifth, but we were moving past that.

"And in front of the Police Chief," I said, "who is not in your corner as it is."

"Yeah, I know." Cindy said, wincing. "By the way, who is going to be in charge for me while I'm in Paulina's class?"

"Oh, Teresa and Tanya can handle their divisions." I said. "And by the way, if this case is not solved, you can wait until the next class at the Academy in six weeks. But you are going, eventually."

"Sounds like you think it will be solved." Cindy said.

"It's not all that hard, at least as far as the murder is concerned." I said. "It's the burglary that I'm wondering about. Okay, let's get cleaned up and get some coffee..."

Part 10 - Realities and Hypotheticals

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the lovely redheaded reporterette at precisely 7:00am, Thursday, September 24th. "Channel Two News has learned that Christopher Washburn was arrested yesterday on assault charges. Washburn is the husband of Emma Washburn, who was found murdered behind the Ladies Auxiliary Clubhouse this past Monday."

I was barely paying attention as Bettina said "In other news, Channel Two News has learned that the Town & County Council has formed a Study Group to work out new solutions for the Public Safety Department's rank structures. Members of this Study Group include Councilpersons Carnes, Colby, and Westboro, as well as Sheriff Allgood, the Police and Fire Chiefs, and the Public Health Officer. The EMS services are not represented on the Study Group, as the Fire Department objected to separate EMS representation."

"Hoo boy." I said. "Another fire to put out, pun not intended. That EMS situation is going to become a real problem one of these days."

"Why would they want to mess with the rank structure?" Joanne Cummings innocently but astutely asked. That caused me to do a double-take as the implications of that hit me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 8:00am, we had a meeting in Classroom 'E', attended by myself, Captain Ross, Lt. Perlman, Detectives Cummings and Washington, and Master Technician Mary Mahoney Milton.

"Sir," said Mary to start things off, "I've been able to confirm that the photograph was auto-uploaded. The FB account is named 'Emma Hot Wife', and it appears that the phone uploading to it is a burner phone, not Emma's phone that we found in her home. It may be one of the other phones we found, but Myron is going to have to confirm that."

"That's good." I said. "What about that photo of Emma in front of the clock?"

"Auto-uploaded at 8:01pm last Sunday night." said Mary. "Looks to be legit."

"So," I said, "what you're telling me is that we can say that Emma was alive at 8:00pm Sunday night. That means that Cassie, Sean, and Chris all have alibis. I might add that Marlena and Ryan have alibis, too." Mary nodded.

"Okay, ladies," I said, "this just got more interesting. Cummings, Washington, what do y'all have?"

"Sir," said Joanne, "I've been following up on the victim, Emma Washburn. She and Chris married nearly 10 years ago, and have lived here in Town for six years. He's been deployed off and on for several years. Everyone who has known Emma and Chris have said they were a loving couple, no arguments that anyone knew of, and no issues."

Joanne continued: "Chris and Emma have no real debts, and they have about $2000 in savings in the J.P. Goldman Bank. The only anomaly in their bank accounts was a cash withdrawal by Emma of several hundred dollars about three weeks ago, just before the Labor Day holiday. Where that cash went to or what it might have been used for, we have no idea yet. Chris has a credit card, but has only used in in Alaska for basic things up there."

"Did Emma have a job?" I asked. "Did she do any part-time work?"

"Not that I can tell, sir." said Joanne. "There were no direct deposits to her banking account, and no other deposits that might be work-related checks. She gave cooking classes for the Ladies Auxiliary Club and a couple at First Baptist, but as far as we can tell she wasn't paid for those. Word is that she is a top-level cook and could be a professional chef if she really wanted to."

After Joanne wrapped up, I turned to Theo. "What about Cassie?"

"Sir," said Theo, "she was married for twelve years and then her husband left her for another woman. She had a good divorce attorney and did pretty well in the divorce, getting the house and child support for Sean, but one interesting thing was that the payments were cut in half when Sean turned eighteen. They'll continue until he's 21, unless he moves out of the house permanently or if he gets married."

Theo continued: "Cassie works as a professional photographer, and does irregular work such as seasonal staffing during holiday times. About two weeks ago she applied at City Hall for a business license... for a catering business."

"Ahhh," I said. "Emma's a chef and Cassie does photography. That'd be a great business for them together: catering and photography for weddings and other events."

"Yes sir," said Theo. "Cassie has avoided any large debts but is barely solvent. She's a member of First Baptist Church, attends services more often than not. She is liked by those who know her, but she has no very close friends except for her neighbors Emma and Marlena, and their sons."

"What about Sean?" I asked.

"Not much on him." Theo said. "Football player on the high school team. Hangs out with other jocks, dates the cheerleaders, also has dated a few college girls with his buddy Ryan. Doesn't have an official job, but always seems to have at least some cash on him."

"Wonder how he's making that?" asked Tanya musingly.

"Any ideas, Theo?" I asked.

"No sir." said Theo. "If he's doing something illegal, we don't have anything on it."

"All right. You and Joanne are doing a great job on these cases." I said. "Meanwhile, there's nothing new from the FBI, and I'm waiting on Myron and Mary to give us more details from those various cellphones we recovered, as well as Cassie's cellphone."

"Oh, that reminds me," said Tanya, "Cassie called the Duty Desk last night. She wants her phone back."

"She ain't getting it back yet." I said. "Tanya, make sure our warrants to keep it are in order, and if there's any problem, ask Paulina to get us a fresh one. But no matter what, we have to keep that cellphone."

"Yes sir." Tanya said, making a note on her pad.

"So," I said, "did Chris get a new lawyer?"

"Yes sir." said Tanya. "Guy from Succup & Payne, P.C., which are personal and family lawyers. A Mr. Gibson Stelling, I believe."

"Okay, let's call him and tell him I will be interviewing Chris Washburn at 9:00am." I said. "No, Washburn can't speak, but if this attorney is doing his job, he'll be able to speak for Chris."

"What do you want to find out from him?" Cindy asked.

"Anything I can about what happened to Emma, and why she took that beating that she did." I said.

"I'm not expecting an admission that he did that to her himself." Cindy said drily.

"Neither am I." I said, cryptically. That got two pairs of Angel Eyes peering at me, and confused looks on the faces of my young Detectives...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 8:30am, I had a very angry Cassie Sanderson in the lobby of my Police Headquarters. I told Cindy that we would just have to do this the formal way.

"Hello, Mrs. Sanderson," I said, appearing in the lobby. "Would you please step into this room?" I was indicating Interrogation-A.

"I came here to get my cellphone." said Cassie angrily. "You Police have it, and I want it back."

"That is what I want to discuss with you, ma'am." I said. "Now if you'll please step in here, I'll explain everything." Cassie was clearly unhappy, but finally complied. Once in Interrogation-A with the door closed, Detective Cummings came through the other door, from the Police side, and sat down beside me.

"Mrs. Sanderson," I said, "I am going to read you your legal rights." I proceeded to do so from the card, then asked if she understood the rights.

"Yeah, but why are you reading me my rights?" asked Cassie. "Am I a suspect or something?"

"You are a person of interest in the death of Emma Washburn." I replied. "I just want to make sure we follow things according to the letter of the law. I want to ask you some questions about Emma's death, as well as the burglary of your home. Would you like a lawyer to be present?"

"I just want my cellphone." said Cassie.

"We have taken that into custody under a warrant." I said. "You will not be getting it back until we're through with the portions of our investigation that pertain to it. Are you willing to answer some questions? And would you like a lawyer?"

"Oh, go ahead and ask." said Cassie.

"First," I said, "when was the last time you saw Emma?"

"Sunday afternoon," Cassie said. "I took a few photos of her."

"Did you see the bruising on her face and upper body?" I asked.

"Yes." said Cassie.

"Did Emma say how she got those bruises?"

"As I said before, I remarked on them," said Cassie, "and Emma said it was nothing, and to not worry about it. It was obvious to me she did not want to discuss it, so I didn't say anything more. I figured her husband did it. I put some pancake makeup, like movie actors use, over the bruises and we took our pictures."

"Had Emma ever mentioned her husband hitting her before?" asked Joanne.

"No." said Cassie. "And that was the first time I'd ever seen her with any marks like that on her."

"Mrs. Sanderson," I said, "do you know of any reason why her husband, or anyone else for that matter, would want to physically assault Emma?"

"No, I don't." said Cassie, matter-of-factly. "I'd speculate she and her husband got into a fight, but I don't know why."

"So you left her at your home when you left for church?" I asked.

"Yes." Cassie said. "I told her she could clean up before going home, or that she could stay the night if she wanted. She wasn't home when Sean and I got back that night, so I assumed she went home."

"Do you know how Emma died?" Joanne asked.

"I saw on the KXTC website that she'd been murdered." said Cassie. "It's pretty shocking. I'm not sure of any details, though. The article was pretty vague."

"True enough." I said. "Mrs. Sanderson, are you aware that your son Sean was having a sexual affair with Emma?"

"Yes." said Cassie. "The photo sessions got a little steamy, and I know Sean penetrated Emma a couple of times."

"Are you aware of other times they had sex? Off camera?" I asked. "Or that they were dating?"

"Uh, I never saw where they were together or going out... beyond the photography sessions."

"Do you know of anyone else that Emma was having a sexual affair with?"

"Sean's friend Ryan might have had Emma." said Cassie. "But I never saw them together, so I don't know for sure. I don't know of anyone else, though. And Emma never talked to me about things like that, she never confided in me."

"Were you and Emma going to start a catering service?" I asked, as if out of the blue.

"Uh, we had talked about it." Cassie said. "I was laying some groundwork for it, but Emma hadn't committed to doing it yet."

"I see." I said. "What about Sean? What does he do for money?"

"I... I... " Cassie stammered. She stopped, then said "I don't want to be uncooperative, but I think I should ask to have my lawyer present."

"That's fine." I said. "I'll send in an officer to help you make the phone call. While you're waiting, Detective Cummings and I will step out of the room for a few minutes."

We went into the anteroom, where Cindy and Officer Lydia Green were waiting. "Officer Green," I said, "please attend Mrs. Sanderson while she uses the phone to call her attorney. Don't allow her to leave I-Alpha except to use the restroom, and escort her there if she needs to go. Captain, Detective, come with me."

We went down the hall past Vice, MCD, and our offices, then along the back hall and the various offices, classrooms and breakroom to Interrogation-2, where Chris Washburn and his lawyer, Gibson Stelling, Esq., were waiting.

"Hello, gentlemen." I said. "This is Detective Cummings and I am Commander Troy, as you know. I understand that Mr. Washburn has taken the Fifth, but I would propose talking to you, Mr. Stelling, in a discussion of 'hypothetical' situations. I have a few questions here, written on this sheet."

Talking about 'hypotheticals' was a way to get around Fifth Amendment invocations without violating the suspect's rights... hypothetically. I hated 'hypotheticals', but in this case I needed information more. Ergo, I played the game.

The questions on the sheet were as follows:

Hypothetically, how did Emma get the face and body bruises?

Hypothetically, was Emma having a sexual affair with other men? How many, and, hypothetically, who?

Hypothetically, was Emma considering leaving her husband?

Hypothetically, who would have reason to harm Emma, and why?

"I'll need a moment with my client." Mr. Stelling said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After we were seated in I-2, Mr. Stelling said "Hypothetically, my client does not know how his wife got the bruises. He might hypothetically have asked and was hypothetically told that it was nothing and she would not say more. He thinks that it's a hypothetical possibility that Cassie or Sean Sanderson could've done that to Emma."

Stelling continued: "Hypothetically, my client's deceased wife might have been having a hypothetical sexual affair with Cassie Sanderson's son, Sean. He does not know of any other such hypothetical situations, but can't rule any out."

Stelling read from his notes, then said: "Hypothetically, my client is unaware of any hypothetical situations where his wife was considering leaving him. Also, my client cannot think of any hypothetical situations where someone would want to harm his wife, unless there was something going on with Mrs. Sanderson or her son of which my client was unaware. My client was stationed far away, and so would not have any hypothetical knowledge of any hypothetical situations in this Town."

"Okay." I said. "Well, if your client can come up with any hypothetical situations that can help me solve his wife's non-hypothetical murder, please let me know."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Back to Cassie, who now had Mr. Fowler with her as her attorney in I-Alpha.

"My client wants to cooperate," said Fowler, "but she will not answer any questions about her son. She does not want to give erroneous information, only to later be accused of lying to Police."

"I'm not worried about that." I said. "We can always arrest Sean for suspicion of murder, haul him in here and question him for hours and hours. We certainly don't need anything from Mrs. Sanderson." I was pleased that Joanne held her face expressionless when I said that. Cassie Sanderson was not so stoic; a look of shock appeared on her face at my menacing words.

"I will be representing him, also." said Fowler, rescuing Cassie from my scare tactic. "And I will not allow you to browbeat my clients. Yes, your reputation precedes you, Mr. Iron Crowbar, and I will not brook your shenanigans."

I smiled. "I have no idea what shenanigans you are talking about, Mr. Fowler," I said, "unless my sterling record of successes and getting legitimate confessions or convictions is considered to be 'shenanigans' by the hopelessly inept defense lawyers in this County." Fowler was steaming at the deliberate insult. Joanne broke down; she began giggling.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hi, Sean." I said as Sean was escorted into Interrogation-B with Mr. Fowler as his representation. "I just have a few questions for you, but I am first going to read you your rights from this card." I read Sean his considerable Constitutional rights, and he said that he understood them.

"Sean," I said, "you probably know by now that Emma was murdered. I'm sure you understand that your relationship with her has to be investigated as part of our case."

"Yes sir." Sean said.

"So let me ask again if Mr. Washburn knew of your relationship with his wife." I said.

"Like I said before," said Sean, "I don't know what or how much Emma told him, but when he got back last week, he told me that he really liked the pictures of Emma and me, and he wanted me to keep doing them. He said he was cool with me kissing her and with the sex pictures, too."

"Whoa." I said. "He said he had pictures of you and Emma having sex?"

"Er, no," said Sean, "he didn't say that. I thought he meant our simulated sex poses. But like I said, I don't know what Emma sent him, so she might've sent pics of her sucking my cock or a penetration shot, if my mom got any of those."

"I see." I said. "Sean, your mother's income is from her photography work, is that right?"