The Hunchback of Notre Dame

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jason cupped one hand around her mound. He parted the soft feathery hair and probed until he found her clit. He teased around the spot he knew was so sensitive, grazing it with his fingertip from time to time. His lover's wings began to beat the air, creating a wind in the room. On the desk, her homework shifted as if an invisible person were studying. The curtains stirred.

A sheen of sweat broke out on her breasts and abdomen. "Please!" she cried. Jason stabbed at her clit and drove his cock home, as deep as it would go.

Josie arched her back and cried out! Her cum-cry pierced like the sound of a hawk, echoing through a wild sky. Her muscles shook, inside and out, shaking him with her, as if she gripped him in her talons. Jason bucked up against her, firing his orgasm deep inside her slender body. His own groans, loud as they were, were only mild echoes compared to her sharp cry.

They held one another through the trembling descent. Slowly Josie's wings folded down, easing down, returning to their resting position. Jason stared at the curvature behind her neck. He saw now how she could pass as having kyphosis. Perhaps it was the only disguise her species had, if they were to walk among the human race.

Josie was looking into his eyes the way all men wanted to be looked at. Her love, warmth and joy for him were clearly evident. She cupped his face in her hands. "I think I'm in love with you."

Jason didn't flinch. "Josie, I know I love you."

Her heart poured with happiness. "I'd like you to meet my parents."

***

Jason told himself he shouldn't have been surprised at Josie's mother. Dr. Baptiste was like a carbon copy of her daughter, looking only a tad older. Her back, too, showed the curvature he now knew was a graceful pair of folded wings.

Mr. Baptiste was a bit harder to place. His eyes were dark blue, like Jason's. There the similarities ended. Josie's dad had a full head of dark hair, so dark it was almost black. Jason had no idea where the man's ancestors might have come from. The fellow was kind of spooky, though -- his eyes seemed to miss nothing.

"So you're Jason," he extended his hand. "We've heard all about you. I'm Steve."

Jason shared a firm handshake with Steve Baptiste. He wanted to say, "I'm in love with your daughter. Do you mind if I marry her?" But it seemed a crazy thing to say, so instead he made a joke. "I'm sure none of it's true."

The old saw had the intended effect. A laugh broke the ice, and they all wandered out to the back deck. "It isn't too late in the season for a barbecue," Steve observed. He put Jason to work flipping burgers. Steve went into the house, trailed by his daughter. Jason found himself alone with Josie's mom.

They sat across from one another at a picnic table. "How much do you know?"

Instantly an image popped into Jason's mind: Josie astride him, naked, her wingspan full and magnificent. He blushed a deep red. "Just that you have wings."

Caroline Baptiste let the young man off the hook. She already knew that Jason was sleeping with her daughter. "I meant, our history," she clarified. "Has Josie discussed our race with you?"

"She said you would explain it better." To give himself something to do, Jason poured himself a drink from the pitcher. He offered some lemonade to the lady, but she declined.

He listened as Josie's mother explained the species. She directed him to consider the many variations of humans and human-like creatures in the world. Caroline had devoted her life to researching the evolution of her family line.

"Do you know what a chimera is?"

Something from an old biology lecture surfaced in Jason's mind. He furrowed his brow. "I think so. Isn't that the name for a being whose body parts come from two or more species?"

"Yes, more or less, that's right." Dr. Baptiste nodded approval. "I haven't been able to discover how the blood of the hawk got into my family's veins. But a clinical examination of our tissue reveals undeniable proof. Genetically speaking, the women in my line are part hawk, part human. And I've been able to trace the line for over two hundred years."

"How many people know about this?"

Caroline laughed. "You could say, everyone and no one. My work has been published in a few academic journals. But it's routinely dismissed as bunk. I'm sure you can see why."

A shadow fell over the table. Startled, the young man looked up. It was Josie! She flew overhead, calling down, but her words were indistinct.

Smoothly the hawk-woman circled to a graceful landing about ten yards away. Jason could only stare.

"Oh, that felt good," said his girlfriend. "I haven't stretched my wings in weeks." She strode toward them, looking like an athlete in peak condition.

The simple presentation overwhelmed Jason entirely. He stuttered some nonsense, then came up with, "I better check the burgers."

***

Jason followed the arc of Josie's wings. He ran his fingers along her feathers as far as he could reach. "Does that feel nice?"

"Yes," Josie smiled. "It's kind of like having someone stroke your hair." She demonstrated, smoothing her fingers over his temple.

He lifted her to the top bunk. She weighed so little! He remained standing, placed her on the edge of the mattress and gentled her thighs apart. Lovingly he nosed into her down. "N'gah," she gurgled, "oh god..." Jason licked her swollen sex, tasting her clean, earthy flavor. He buried his face in her wet valley, pulling back just enough to flick his tongue at her clit. Josie bucked her hips erratically, signaling her imminent orgasm. Her feathers fluttered excitedly. Encouraged, Jason picked up the pace. He squeezed her ass and held her firmly as his tongue darted and poked at her pearl. His hawk-woman squirmed and whined. He sucked her clit into his mouth, and with a sudden piercing cry, Josie came on his face.

Jason shivered. Could a man hear that and not be moved? Josie stroked her lover's hair, smiling and gasping, almost laughing with joy. "Get up here!"

Swiftly he climbed up and joined her on his bed. Josephine kissed his wet face, tasting her rain on his skin. "Lie back," she whispered. Gratified, he did so, knowing he was the only man in the world for her.

Josie took her time, exploring Jason's neck and chest. She nosed around his nipples, teasing them to erection. "Mmmm..." she nuzzled his chest hair. She marveled at the way his hair grew in an unbroken path to his groin, where it thickened into fur. Moving steadily downward, she took bits of his hair between her lips, pulling lightly. Jason reveled in her caresses. Her frank enjoyment of his body was at once exciting and humbling.

Josie floated above her lover, wings spread wide. She mouthed his manhood, provoking his moans of pleasure. His delight vibrated through her body. She worked to please him further, sucking and rolling her tongue around his shaft. What she lacked in technical skill, she made up for in passion. Her breasts poked against his thighs.

Groaning, Jason dug his fingers into her hair, finding the delicate underlayer of down. "Oh, baby." He urged her up, so their faces were close together, and thrust his tongue into her mouth. Her juices were still on his lips.

"Take me. I want to feel you cum inside me," she whispered.

"I want to cum inside you. Mount me, angel, sit down on my cock..." he was so drunk with passion he could hardly get the words out.

The bird of prey spread her limbs and slid her whole body up his. The split of her sex aligned with his cock, almost gripping him like a hand. She inched her way north until the head of his cock was just touching her soaking wet entrance. Jason held her hips and slid home.

They both groaned at the penetration. Josie's torso cracked like a bullwhip in unexpected orgasm. Pinions flapping wildly, she shouted his name. Drops of sweat flew from her nipples as she bounced around on Jason's body. Her vaginal muscles convulsed, making her lover's head spin.

"Oh god, Josie! I can't hold out!" With a rushing thrust of his hips, Jason gave her his gift. Together they thrashed around, lost in the sudden culmination of their lust. One of her wings knocked over his alarm clock. It hit the floor and smashed. Neither of them paid it any attention.

Gradually they returned to earth. "I love you," she panted.

"I love you, too."

Josie toppled forward, landing on her lover's heaving chest. Jason slid his arms around the small of her back. He waited until her wings folded down, and petted them. He bussed her forehead, cuddling his angel in a loving embrace.

"You know, sweetie, you really are beautiful."

"So are you." Her eyes smiled into his.

Jason shifted to one side, propping his head up with his elbow. "What I mean is, you walk around letting the world think you're ugly, and it simply isn't true. I have to say it kind of bugs me."

She simply stared at him, so he continued. "I've been thinking a lot lately, Josie, and I wonder why you don't come out."

"What would that solve?" Her tone was almost angry. She moved away from him. "How would it be better? Don't you think I'd be even more of a freak than I already am?"

Jason remained calm. "I don't think so, Josie. I think people would respect you for having the guts to tell the truth. I think the hiding makes you come across as lacking self-confidence."

Her eyes flashed with anger. "Really." Her voice was curt. But Jason had struck home. Deep down, she knew what he said was true.

For a few minutes, there was silence. "I'm not trying to hurt you. I think friendship includes honesty." He spoke as gently as he could.

Josie softened. "I know," she sighed. She closed her eyes. "I guess in my heart, I know you're right. So how would you propose I do this?"

Jason smiled. "I have an idea."

***

The theatre department had been easy to convince. They were looking for ideas for the spring play, anyway. But the administration was another matter.

"The mission of Notre Dame does not include frivolous stunts." The university president did not look pleased.

"It isn't frivolous," Jason said quickly. Carefully he went over the points of his argument. Wouldn't Jesus have desired that all of God's children be accepted for who they are -- especially those who were marginalized? Shouldn't Notre Dame lead the way in demonstrating compassion?

The president considered the impassioned young man, and the woman by his side.

Slowly he asked, "What about safety?"

"I can prove my abilities," Josephine assured him. "I'd like a chance to demonstrate that this isn't a joke."

"Crowd control..." muttered the man. He stroked his chin. Jason and Josie looked at each other. It seemed they might be taken seriously!

The president thought for several minutes. Then he laid out his conditions.

Now, on the lawn in front of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Jason sprawled on a blanket with friends. He was pleased to see that even his roommate was in attendance. Todd caught Jason's eye, and gave the freshman a begrudging nod. This was exactly what Jason had hoped for: once the campus found out that Josie had the balls to play the role, the jokes had stopped. Almost everyone in the community was there.

The crowd hushed as the head of the theatre department ascended the platform.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you all for joining us on this beautiful spring evening. I'm certain that many of you are here for what you perceive as a novelty, a clever idea. However, in the spirit of the University of Notre Dame, I invite you to watch this evening's performance through eyes of grace. As you know, our mission statement reminds us that, through Jesus Christ, all things -- and all people -- can be brought to their completion.

"I give you now -- The Hunchback of Notre Dame." With those words, the professor left the stage.

Jason had seen the play in rehearsal many times over the past several weeks. He had helped Josie study her lines. Still, he felt a sense of magic as the play unfolded.

The audience, too, was caught up in an atmosphere of awe. Every person there admired the young woman for facing her greatest fear. It didn't hurt that her acting was good, as well.

During the intermission, a woman Jason didn't know approached him. "Hi. I'm Gwen, the RA on Josie's floor at Cavanaugh."

Now he recognized her. "Hello."

"I just wanted to say, I know you've been a real friend to Josie this year." Gwen smiled. "I appreciate that."

Jason returned her smile. "It's been a pleasure."

Emboldened by his easy manner, Gwen asked the question that was burning in her mind.

"I don't suppose you can tell me what happens at the end?"

Jason chuckled. "Nope, you'll just have to wait."

Grinning abashedly, the young lady mumbled a few parting words and went back to her seat. "Well?" asked her friends. "He wouldn't tell me!" Gwen laughed. "But I have a feeling it's going to be great." She pointed to the giant projector screens on either side of the stage. "I can't wait to find out what those are for."

The show rolled on. The audience hung on every word. Not many had actually seen the play, so few were aware that the ending had been slightly changed.

The final scene took place on a ledge of the tall spire of the Basilica. Modern technology enabled the crowd to see and hear the performance. Cameras broadcast the images to the screens that flanked the stage.

From high up on the tower, Josephine, as Quasimodo, grieved Esmeralda's death. Through the wireless headset, Josie gave a moving soliloquy about lost love. She closed with the famous quote, "What good is life, without love?"

Then, to the shock of those watching, she jumped.

The crowd gasped in horror.

Halfway down the spire, Josie pulled away the monk's robe and spread her wings. Easily she caught the breeze and soared back up again.

At once the crowd erupted, pointing and shouting. Even the security guards, who had been posted in case of trouble at this very moment, were distracted by the sight.

Josie flew for only a moment more. She had made her point. Lightly she coasted down, landing on the stage with inborn grace. It took her a moment to realize she was crying. She hovered in a fog of noise and tears. Bowing her head, she accepted the crowd's applause.

She also accepted herself.

* * *

* How Could Anyone

Words and music by Libby Roderick

c Libby Roderick Music 1988

Your vote makes a difference, so please do! Also, I greatly appreciate your feedback. You can comment anonymously. Sincere thanks, L8bloom.

12