The Ice Flowers Pt. 01

Story Info
An unexpected mate for Christmas...
1.7k words
4.52
19.4k
35

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/26/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello everyone! I'm kind of stuck on Claire's Desperate Idea, so instead here's a little supernatural romance for the holiday. Hope you enjoy it! The second part is nearly written so there won't be a long wait.

Happy holidays!

Bea

PS: I like to write things in parts and then edit together, so don't worry if it's a little rough.

*****

The wind softly whisked in a snow embroidered flurry as it rushed through the allys of the town. It was nearly Christmas, and there were lights and food and the sound of laughter everywhere.

Except in Sabrina's heart. It only reminded her that she was an outcast with no place to call home. She couldn't even ask for help. Exiled by her pack for disrespecting the Alpha (that is, speaking up when her little sister was being harmed by one of the Deltas), and unable to reliably hide her nature enough to be with humans, she was truly alone.

She'd been human once. She was attacked while hiking and life as she knew it ended. She rebuilt a home, a family, purpose, and now all was ripped away. She was forbidden from returning or having contact.

She had hid in the woods in her wolf form, but she was slowly going mad with no connection to human or were. She had snuck out in some decent clothes, only to realize that her efforts were futile. She couldn't be human again, and she couldn't be were without a pack.

She curled around herself for warmth, staring at the glittering street, when she suddenly smelled something...wonderful.

***

Vincent snarled bitterly to himself. One of the oldest and most respected vampires in the country, and he'd been kicked out of his own coven for nothing. All because an idiot he turned had to go on a rampage. He'd taught the boy better. He was going to one of his many secret dwellings tomorrow, but tonight he needed blood.

Vincent froze, letting out a hiss as one of the most delicious smells he had ever encountered was blown towards him. It smelled like woodland flowers and icy air. As if he didn't have any control over himself, he blurred through the streets. The scent was strongest at the entrance of a dangerous looking ally. Suddenly, he paused.

A young woman was curled up on the ground, her body covered in scars and clothed in a very thin coat. Her starved frame was shaking with cold.

She leaped to her feet and spun around to face him, clearly expecting to be attacked. Her eyes were a light blue with gold flecks, giving away her were status. They looked like two beautiful ice flowers, he thought.

Vincent felt a mixture of desire, hunger, and bizarre protectiveness well up in him at the sight. She was beautiful and brave; most creatures would never dare to face him, but she would fight inspite of her weakness and the fact that weres and vampires were natural enemies.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. Do you need some help?"

***

Sabrina was sure she was dreaming. Or her wolf had gone batty. She wasn't sure which. She had smelled something lovely like tree resin and caramel, and literally seconds later she sprung to protect herself from an attack from a vampire.

A vampire who apparently didn't want to hurt her, a vampire who was being gentle, a vampire whose smell made her weak in the knees.

The instant their eyes met, her wolf howled the word 'Mine!'. She wanted him so badly that she quivered all over...

Then, she forced herself out of it. This was a vampire and thus a mortal enemy, and while not many had the power some of the elders could hypnotize in order to get food more easily. This mating pull was probably fake.

"Who are you and what do you want?" She growled, dragging her feet back. Even if she had told herself he was dangerous, her wolf wasn't listening. Which could only meant she needed to leave immediately.

"Vincent Dawkins, at your service," he said, making a courtly bow. "I like your spirit, but I think I already told you wouldn't come to harm. What's yours, pretty wolf?"

"Sabrina Wilson." The words slipped out of her mouth before she could stop herself. "And you didn't fully answer my question."

"Even a 'leech' such as I can have compassion," he said, wincing as he used her kind's name for vampires. "You seem to be lost, hurt, and hungry, and I have the means and inclination to help you."

Why did his voice have to sound so wonderful? If melted chocolate was a sound, it would be his voice. It didn't help that she now noticed his eyes weren't red, but a stunning glowing emerald.

STOP IT!

"In return for what? My blood? The whereabouts of my friends? In return for whatever depraved thing you want to do to me?" She tried to sound angry, but it was so difficult to do so while fighting the need to bare her neck and curl around him like a vine.

To her shock, this Vincent just looked a little...sad. Sad? Was he even a vampire? Was this a trick?

"A perfectly reasonable question to ask, pretty wolf," he sighed. Sabrina was stunned when he pulled a dagger from underneath his cloak and handed it to her.

"My intentions are noble. If I lie, you may dispatch me."

Okay...he was insane. Or suicidal. She was no expert, but the weapon had magic in it and could bring a painful death to any supernatural creature instantly. He stayed where he was, not moving. She gently picked up the blade and held it out to him.

"Maybe I shouldn't, but I believe you won't hurt me. This isn't necessary."

He smiled. If she was acting normally, she would have sprung into a fighting stance at the sight of his fangs, but instead she sighed and smiled back. She had no idea who moved, but a moment later their lips were locked in a kiss. The sort of kiss that felt like a cashmere blanket and getting hit by lightning at the same time. His smell wrapped around her, and she found herself moaning into his mouth. Her wolf was yipping with joy.

As he pulled away, she could have sworn he hissed out the word "mine". He was her real mate!

***

Vincent was bewildered and started to wonder if he was bewitched as well. A vampire finding a mate was rare, and said mate being a shifter even more unlikely. He'd thought himself to be cold and never vulnerable, and it had just hit him he'd been willing to die so his pretty wolf would be safe.

What was he thinking? Under the guise of kissing her hair, he smelled her more carefully for any sign of a love spell. His enemies could be using her to entrap him.

No trace. He did however smell her longing and it took all his self control not to make love to her on the spot.

"Now, I don't think you told me yet why you are in this dangerous place, hurt and thin, and moreover alone this close to Christmas," he said softly, wanting her to be happy while selfishly wanting her within his reach forever, "If you have nowhere to go, may I invite you to stay and celebrate with me? I am heading to one of my many homes at the moment, and would love to have the pleasure of your company."

***

She could smell it now; he was feeling the pull as she could tell both from the overwhelming lustful scent pouring off him and the un-vampire like behavior. Showing compassion, putting their life on the line, and inviting others to their secret haunts was abnormal.

Should she tell him? Did he know? Would he accept that they were destined to be together? A sharp flash of fear washed over her at the thought of losing her one, 'leech' though he was.

How much of what she had thought all her life was wrong? When she was human, she thought that werewolves and vampires were nonexistent; while she had been in the pack, she thought that justice would be valued; and until she had found Vincent, she had thought vampires cold, brutal killers. What else could there be?

She started to tell her story, but let out a gasp of pain. Before she could think, Vincent had scooped her up and was rushing at photon speed through the streets. All she could do was hang on for dear life.

As they stopped, she heard him curse. She looked up to find she had dug her claws into his shoulders.

"I'm so sorry!" she gasped, tugging at his shirt. She knew vampires could heal quickly, but she couldn't bear the thought of having hurt him.

"I'm fine," Vincent said as he pushed her away. "The more important question is whether you are or not."

"I just have bite on my leg. I got it while escaping from a rogue. Luckily I was able to take care of him." It was still difficult to stand, but she would be alright. "It's probably nearly healed."

Vincent didn't seem to be listening as he carried her to a soft couch. It was only now she noticed they weren't on the streets, but in a elegant living room. The walls were white, but everything else was dark and only lit by candles. Velvet drapes were just pulled aside to reveal a moonlit view of the ocean.

"Excuse me, but where are we and how did we get here? Did I pass out, because the last thing I remember we were on the streets."

***

Vincent laughed heartily as he rummaged through a chest of drawers for a first aid kit and tried to mentally contact his servants. He had forgotten for a moment that Sabrina was a shifter and thus unfamiliar with teleportation.

"I teleported us to one of my many hideouts," he explained. "I felt any other form of transportation would be too slow for both of us."

He was startled when his little wolf started to growl and her claws sprouted again. A look of panic appeared in her eyes.

"No! Let me go! Don't hurt her!" She shrieked.

Vincent had no idea what to do. He was almost certain she was having a flashback to some horrific incident. He wrapped his arms around her, and used his powers to summon his personal healer. He'd turn to dust before he let his little wolf be hurt.