The Importance of Happiness Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His wife raised her hand, squeezing his face and planting a cabernet flavored kiss on his mouth. He looked up as their lips met, catching the sly grin that spread across Olivia's lips as she caught his eye.

Olivia turned suddenly to face her husband. "You weren't telling that silly story about forgetting your jersey on game day, were you?" She picked invisible lint from her husband's shirt. Alex again felt weird; attempting to decode their odd contact, and noticing the lack of intimacy.

"You know me too well." Andre slung a heavy arm around his wife. "What were you guys talking about in here?" The question was directed at Alex, who still stood, awkwardly trying to manage his wife's drunken displays of affection.

"Olivia was actually just asking what we like to do for fun... and I was just about to let her know how boring we are. I don't think we've really done anything except a few dinner dates since we moved."

Andre shook his head and looked down at his wife, still pulled close to his body. "Well, baby-- you can help with that right?"

Olivia smiled, nodding. The look on her face that of stifled irritation. "Oh yeah definitely. Next time Andre has something in-town you guys should definitely come along. He always on the guest-list of some gala or after party."

"Seriously?!" Leah perked up, turning to look at Olivia, arms still around her husband's neck. "That would be insane. It can be like old times, going to the Buckhead bars, girl." Alex could tell by the sing-songy happiness in his wife's voice that it was probably past time to go.

"Well ya'll, I think it's about time that I get this one in bed. Try to prevent this hangover if I can." Still mostly holding Leah up, he leaned forward and reached out to shake Andre's hand. "We really appreciate the invite."

"Definitely, man." Andre gestured, pointing in a way that reminded him of a car salesman. "And we meant what we said about joining us for an event. I'm sure these ladies will keep in touch and make some plans."

Alex nodded and shifted his eye over to Olivia, who still stood stiffly next to her husband. "It was nice meeting you too, Olivia. After hearing so much about you."

Olivia smiled. "Right? I'm sure we will see you guys again soon. Maybe have a beer or two." Her smile grew and she wiggled her nose in a way that was cuter than appropriate for Alex to admit with his intoxicated wife slumped on his shoulder.

They made their way out of the condo and relatively easily into the elevator.

"What did you think?"

Alex hadn't expected conversation from Leah, so it surprised him. She leaned against the wall of the elevator, arms perched on the rail behind her. "How cool would it be to get to hang out with them more?"

While Alex was sure the "cool" part Leah was referring to was the potential run-in with the celebrities that were undoubtedly in the LaFavor's circle of friends, Alex was already excited about the potential of getting to bump into his wife's former best friend again.

The rest of the elevator ride down, and in the Uber home, he couldn't help but think of different scenarios in which they would meet. Mostly innocent, but definitely a lot more flirting.

He didn't want to fully admit to even himself that he was way more interested in more than just flirting with Olivia. Denial worked just fine, for now.

12