The Interview

Story Info
Truth is a two edged sword.
1.5k words
4.38
7.8k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright 2012 by madengineer3

This is fiction! Any resemblance to any real person or place is simply coincidental.

*

Ever since elementary school Marvin Whyte had been a egotistical bastard. Both of his parents were full professors in a nearby college. They had "old money" via inheritance and "new money" because they enjoyed working. Marvin wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he was born with a complete sterling silver table service. To a certain point Marvin had been endowed with a wonderful genetic makeup as well as a nurturing environment. He was exceedingly intelligent. Early on he realized that he could lie convincingly. He was also into sports. He always played to win, one way or another. If there was any way to commit a foul without it being seen, he'd do it. It would be fair to say that Marvin was a prime example of a narcissist.

Throughout all of Marvin's public schooling he was the focus of attention. He excelled on the playing field, he was the one guy that all the girls wanted, he had the highest grades and most of the teachers loved him. Marvin "played the field" with the high school girls. He was reputed to have bedded two thirds of the eligible high school senior girls during his four years of high school. He made sure that they were, however, all over eighteen. He wasn't stupid. Even in college Marvin excelled. He graduated summa cum laude with a degree in electrical engineering. Marvin was sure he had it made; after all he "deserved it".

Marvin accepted his first job before the graduation occurred. The firm was a small aerospace manufacturer that produced components for satellites. Marvin was up to the technical aspects of his job. While he was at the firm he managed to bed most of the women working there. Mostly they were one night stands. He'd grow bored of one woman and go after another.

Towards the end of his second year he had enough women who were mad at him that he thought a change of scenery would be good. He was aware of a much bigger more diversified high tech company that wanted his expertise. He wanted the job very badly, for several reasons. First, the aerospace business was slowing down and he didn't want to be around when the pink slips started to be issued. Second, some of the women he had dated were married and their husbands had figured out that their wives had not been faithful. He wanted to be far away when some husband came looking for him. Yes, Marvin wanted the job at Acme Consolidated. But, interviewing at Acme was a double edged sword. If you were accepted by them your reputation was guaranteed to get a boost. If you were rejected by them it was a blot on your records. Acme didn't reject people without good cause, and most of the rest of their industry knew it.

Marvin had already had a first interview with Acme. They liked what they saw. They had him sign a short term confidentiality agreement so that they could show him the type of work that he would be doing if he were hired.

A couple of weeks later they invited him back for a second interview. This time they sent him a first class plane ticket and booked him into a good hotel. They even gave him vouchers for a couple of drinks and a good meal.

His assigned seat on the aircraft was directly next to Julie, a stunning red head, who was going to the same city. She indicated that she also was involved with the interview process at Acme. Julie was a physicist.

After checking in to their hotel rooms Marvin asked Julie to eat with him. They enjoyed a wonderful meal. Marvin noted that Julie wore a wedding band. That however was not usually something that slowed him down. During the meal Julie kept asking the type of work that Marvin did. She wanted to know the highlights of his previous job and what he thought he would be doing at Acme.

Marvin wanted to impress this woman so that he could get her go to his room so he could then get her into bed. As a result he didn't hold back on talking about what he had done and what he thought he would be doing for Acme. He did get her to his room but she didn't go to bed with him.

Marvin was sexually frustrated. He went down to the hotel reception desk and asked the male clerk for a tip regarding a nice, high quality, call girl. The clerk wasn't interested in helping him until Marvin indicated that he was there on business for Acme. Then, after checking something on his computer, and for a small amount of money the clerk gave him a number to phone and a name, Cindy, to ask for.

Marvin went back to his room and called the number he had been provided. He asked for Cindy and she came on the line. Her voice sounded unbelievably seductive. Her price was relatively high but she promised primo service with few holds, or holes, barred.

Cindy arrived and Marvin liked what he saw. The only slight downside was that Cindy wore a wedding band. However, Cindy spent the night with him. Besides the sex Marvin found that Cindy was easy to talk to, and talk they did.

In the morning Marvin got ready for the interview and checked out of the motel. He arrived at Acme at nine a.m. as requested by the personnel office. Marvin was confident. He knew his field, he had taken care of his sexual tensions, and he was ready!

The initial few minutes of the interview were strange. The human resources manager indicated that Acme had some very strict rules and operated mostly on the honor system. He explained that Acme was not interested if a person proved to not be honorable and honest. Marvin assured him that he was both.

The human resource manager (H.R. manager) gave a very cold look to Marvin and indicated that they had determined that Marvin's character was far below the minimum standard that Acme required. Marvin was also told that the interview process was over.

Marvin countered by indicating that nobody had yet interviewed him that morning.

"Mr. Whyte, your interviews started yesterday and concluded just before breakfast this morning. You failed them."

"I haven't been interviewed! What are you talking about?"

"Do you remember the non-disclosure form that you signed the first time you were here?"

"Sure, but what has that got to do with it?"

"Do you remember the non-disclosure form you signed with your current employer?"

"Yeah, but that has no bearing on this interview."

"I have two reports here from the interviewers. Not only did you discuss, in detail, what you promised to not disclose you also discussed material that we have determined is trade secret material belonging to your current employer. Over fifty per-cent of your current employer's stock is owned by Acme. Your current employer has been informed of your test failure. You will have a meeting with your H.R. manager when you return to your job tomorrow morning."

"You're lying! What proof do you have of what I did or didn't say?"

The manager got up and went to the door and ushered in Julie and Cindy.

"Mr. Whyte these to ladies are part of our interview team. Their job was to find out what you would and would not do when you thought nobody was looking. You came on to Julie even though she was wearing a wedding ring; that was strike one. You discussed what you were going to do here at Acme; that was strike two. You hired Cindy as a hooker even though she had on a wedding band, and you discussed the same types of things with her; that was strike three. Julie was wearing a tape recorder to verify what you had been saying. Before you start nit-picking you waived your rights to not being recorded in your non-disclosure agreement. It clearly stated that at any time during the time period of the interviews, either formal or informal, that the proceedings could be taped. I'm sure you remember that."

"Yeah, I do. So you are saying that my morals do not meet your company's standards, right?"

"Yes. We will drop you back to the airport and return the rental car for you. You file will also be flagged to make sure we do not bother you again. Have a safe trip home."

The flight back was grim. Marvin kept remembering that his current employer had been informed of the nature of his failed interview.

Martin's own character had destroyed his future. He was facing disciplinary action for violating confidentiality rules. That information would be learned by any future tentative employer. The truth wins out in the end! The truth is a two edged sword.