The Journey of Grace Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marie and Grace sat across from each other for a minute or so, just looking at each other. They were both sorting through their thoughts, and Marie was not going to be the first one to say anything. Finally, Grace took Marie's hand again and started.

"I'm out, Marie. It's been about month now. I told My husband and left. I confessed everything, all the affairs, everything. I expect that We will start the divorce pretty soon. I told My parents. I told My work." Grace spoke quietly and calmly. Her other hand went up to touch the back of her neck.

Marie's attention followed her hand. She now knew what it meant but she needed to hear it from Grace.

"It means, Marie, that I'm out about this too. I'm lesbian and Domme and I'm ashamed of neither. It's who I am," Grace finally said.

Now Marie couldn't keep the tears from falling. But it didn't bother her. She tried to say something but still found she couldn't.

Squeezing Marie's hand tighter, Grace reached out to stroke her cheek. "I thought about trying to call you. you don't know how many times I picked up the phone. But I wasn't ready. It has been a hard month. I needed time to put my life back together. And honestly, I wasn't sure if you would want Me to call."

Hearing the longing in Grace's voice broke the spell on Marie. "Not want You to? How could i not have wanted You to?" Marie was laughing as she talked. It was a happy laugh that made Grace smile.

"I hurt you, little one. I didn't want to but I did and I did it knowing it was," Grace replied. "you have been with others since Me, and I didn't know if you still were."

For a few moments, Marie paused. She wondered if she should open up and say everything. In the back of her mind, it seemed like she could hear the encouragement her mother had given her. Anything is possible, if only you try. Deliberately choosing her words Marie said, "Mistress, i may have been with others but only one person has ever owned me."

At the word "Mistress" Grace's head felt like it was going to explode. She barely could hear the other words, then they too sank in.

"little one, during the last months, even at the best moments, I always think of how much better it would be if it was you I was sharing them with. It wasn't fair to the person I was with, but nevertheless I couldn't help it.

Tears still running down her cheeks, Marie's face now had on a smile of her own. "Mistress, no one else can measure up."

Grace leaned forward to kiss Marie. In some ways, the anticipation was like the first time. But once their lips touched, the taste and feel was so familiar that the moment passed. Instead it was replaced with the realization that they both had a deep longing that only this could fulfill. It grew in passion with both of them putting their hands up to cup each other's cheeks. Finally it ended with deep sighs. Foreheads resting against each other, they just sat there for a while. They were together, and that was enough.

Epilogue

Grace looked out the window nervously one last time. It looked like the weather was going to hold. June could be such an iffy month. Corky laughed and pulled her away from the window.

"Let me fix your hair," Corky chided Grace. "It's almost there, but you always want look your best, especially on your wedding day!"

Hating to cede control to anyone else, Grace gave in as best she could. After all, she had a point. Corky fiddled with Grace's hair, combing it again and again until it was just right.

"That's better," Corky said. As she looked at both of them in the mirror, Corky continued "I have to say, we look good."

Grace studied them both. Corky mostly looked the same as the first day they had met. She was wearing a pants suit and though attractive as always, her hair style and clothes clearly brought the word butch to mind. Grace was wearing a simple long flowing dark blue dress with a deep v-neck. She wished she could have gone with her favorite color but just couldn't see getting married in black. Looking at herself, she noticed the changes more than usual. Her long flowing hair was a thing of the past. Instead she had gone with a chin length bob with bangs that were now somewhat longer than before. Gone were the days when she hid her tattoo. It was as much a part of her as anything else. Unlike Corky her sexuality wasn't something that anyone would guess by looking at her. As with so many things now, Grace went with what made her happy and ignored what others thought. But she had to agree with Corky; they both looked good.

There was a knock at the door. "Time to start! Let's get going." It was her father. Corky and Grace shared a look, then Grace took a big breath and slowly let it out. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Thank God," Corky replied sarcastically, "I would have hated to have to tell Marie you weren't." Grace stuck her tongue out at her.

Together they went outside to walk down the aisle between the rows of people seated on folding chairs. It was a beautiful day. It was warm without being too hot. The sky was blue and while not cloudless, the clouds were few, white, small and fluffy. Most of Grace and Marie's closest friends were there, as were both sets of parents. There were a few other family members. Having been a couple for two years, there had been time for some to get used to them. It wasn't always easy. Michelle was there but towards the back. Marie liked her but there was always just a hint of tension between them. Lyn and Rob had made it though it had been a little doubtful. It looked like Lyn would keep her promise to Grace and not give birth to their first child until after the wedding.

And much to Grace's surprise and delight, her ex-husband had agreed to come. It had been a hard thing for him. He was able to stop being angry but to be able to be happy for Grace was more difficult. Finally he accepted that she never had meant to hurt him. She married him expecting it to be for life. She was fooling herself much more than she was him. As she stood up in front of everyone, she looked over at him. He met her glance and gave her a smile that reminded her a lot of the good times. She gave him a tiny little wave and a smile back.

Then Marie captured all of her attention. For an unconventional couple, she was dressed extremely conventionally. She had on a gorgeous flowing white wedding dress. Unlike Grace, her hair was long and was done up beautifully on top of her head. She had no veil but there was an intricate lacing of flowers and ribbons in her hair. With her hair up, her own tattoo was visible to everyone as she walked past. It was a simple drawing of a stick figure on her knees, head bowed in submission, and wrists together as if bound.

As Marie approached, Grace found it harder and harder to breath. For a second, she wondered whether if something was actually wrong. Then laughing at herself inside, Grace realized this is how it feels when you are marrying someone you love with every fiber of your being. This time there were no doubts, no fears, and no cold feet. From the moment she had asked Marie to marry her, it had felt right. She said a silent thank you that they lived in a state that recognized gay marriage.

Grace reached out and took Marie's hand when she arrived. They smiled at each other. For both, most of the rest of the world seemed to disappear. There was only each other and the minister. It had been a question for them. Did they want a minister? In the end, they mostly decided to have one for their families. Sue was a Unitarian minster that Grace had got to know at the bar. Both of their parents were more religious and felt that without a minister, it wasn't quite a wedding. This way everyone was satisfied since Sue was happy to do whatever they wanted. And Grace and Marie didn't have a traditional ceremony planned.

Even paying attention to Sue was hard for Grace. Marie filled her world as they held hands. It didn't matter though; Grace and Marie both knew the words by heart. They had spent hours deciding exactly what they wanted to say. Grace stirred herself a little as heard Sue talking about what a marriage meant in society. It was almost time for Grace to say something and it was important for her to be very much in control of herself.

"Do you Grace, promise to love, honor, protect and care for Marie, as long as you both shall live?" Sue asked.

Grace smiled at Marie for a second and then said, "I do."

"And do you Marie, promise to love, honor, serve and obey Grace, as long as you both shall live?"

Marie couldn't help the amused little smile that crossed her lips as the vows were said and the audience made surprised little noises. "i do," she replied while knowing that most them will never truly understand. Marie smiled again. Of course everyone there did know about the nature of their relationship and had been warned that it would be reflected in the ceremony. And this was just the starting. She thought about the white band of skin on her neck.

Then Marie heard Sue asking for the rings. Her maid of honor stepped forward and handed Sue the ring that she had picked out for Grace. It wasn't fancy, just a thick band with a large diamond sunk into it. It was just elegant enough to be a woman's ring. She could see her own ring in Sue's hand. It was the opposite. It looked more delicate than it was with multiple diamonds. Marie had been so pleased when Grace had shown her what she had picked out. She never would have said a word to Grace if she didn't like it, but she had. Grace knew her so well.

Sue finished blessing the rings and handed Grace the first one. This part was simple. "With this ring, I thee wed," Grace said as she slipped on the ring. The ease that the ring went on was a testament not only to the wonderful fit but the cold cream that Marie had carefully applied moments before coming outside.

Taking Grace's ring from Sue, Marie repeated, "With this ring, i Thee wed." She had a little more trouble getting it on Grace, causing a ripple of laughter from the audience.

At this point, Sue stepped back. She understood the rest of the ceremony, but it was Grace and Marie's. Corky took a pillow from one of the flower girls. She was the daughter of a submissive friend of Marie's. They had carefully chosen who they asked. On the pillow were two silver colored necklaces. Grace and Marie had flown to San Francisco to find them at the little shop that Grace had gone to with Michelle. This time they were made custom.

Corky picked up both and then placed the pillow on the ground in front of Grace. Marie's maid of honor helped her gather her gown up so that she could kneel down on it. Again Marie thought about the white band on her neck. She had been wearing Grace's collar since shortly after they came back together. When she took that collar off this morning, she felt naked. Now this new one would replace it. It didn't change the nature of their relationship, but it was a symbol of its permanence. As unlikely as it might have been, up until today both had felt free to walk away. Now they were binding their lives together forever.

Grace held the collar between her hands. She looked down on Marie kneeling before her with her head bowed. Then Grace looked once again at the collar. It was a stunning piece of jewelry. It looked like silver but it was in fact platinum, except for the clasp. On one side of the clasp, there was a small open lock. Once closed, it could not be opened except by the key.

"My precious little one," Grace began, "why are you here before Me today?"

Her voice clear and strong, Marie replied, "i offer myself in servitude to You, Mistress."

There was a stirring inside of Grace as she listened. While it was a serious moment, it also couldn't help but excite her. She felt her pussy moisten slightly. "What does that mean, little one?"

"That i will belong to You. That i am Yours to do with however You will. i will obey You in all things. And i give to You the right to make my decisions for me. I will be Your slave, for the rest of my life." Just like Grace, Marie couldn't separate completely the act of submission from her sexuality. She could feel her nipples harden and her crotch growing wet.

"Why do you offer Me this, little one?" Grace asked.

Bending over, Marie kissed Grace's left shoe and gave the first answer, "Because i trust You, Mistress." Then kissing the right, she completed her answer, "Because i love You, Mistress." As was often the case for Marie with moments where she laid herself open to Grace, tears of joy slowly started to drip down her face.

Waiting until Marie straightened up again, Grace then spoke. "I accept your submission as My slave. In accepting your servitude, I promise to honor your willing sacrifice and to protect and cherish you. I will always treat you with the love and respect that you deserve so that for My whole life, I will never be unworthy of your sacrifice."

Grace took the shining collar and carefully put it around Marie's neck. Though not too tight, it fit close to her neck. It had been carefully made so that the way it joined did not obscure Marie's tattoo. She had asked Grace to please make sure of that. It was wider around the sides with little sapphires evenly spaced along them. In front, there was an inscription.

Both of them looked out at the gathering. This time Marie spoke to the guests. "I wear this collar from now on as a symbol of my submission to my Mistress. Just as the words on the collar say, i am 'Property of Mistress Grace.'" With that, Grace clicked the little lock closed.

Taking Marie's hands, Grace helped her to stand back up. Even with the tears still running down her cheeks, her happiness made her glowed with a loveliness that everyone could see. Then Marie moved behind Grace to take the other necklace from Corky. It had a very fine platinum chain that with a pendant. It was reminiscent of the one she had bought with Michelle, but much nicer. And this time, the pendant was a heart. On it was written, "marie's Mistress" and it had two little sapphires that had been carefully selected to match Marie's eyes. Grace felt that when she wore it, Marie would always be there next to her.

Marie took out from somewhere hidden in her dress, a little key. It matched the lock at the back of her neck. She slipped it onto the chain and pushed it down so that it rested against the pendant by the two little sapphire eyes. Then Marie put the necklace on Grace. She pressed her body into Grace's back as she did so. Grace could feel the trembling in Marie. When the pendant touched her skin, Grace stroked it like it was Marie.

"Wear this please, Mistress. So that You too proclaim Your ownership of me," Marie said as she moved back beside Grace.

As they joined hands once again, Grace replied "I will."

Now Sue stepped back up. She put her hands upon both of the women's shoulders. "By the power invested in me by the church and the state, I now pronounce you wife and wife. Grace, you may kiss your bride."

It was a long passionate kiss that Grace and Marie exchanged. Both of them were more than just a little excited from the ceremony. Grace now pressed her own body into Marie and slowly bent her backwards. Finally Corky's comment about getting a room reminded them that they were in public. They followed the long kiss with a short one that was full of tender love.

With Sue proclaiming "It is my great pleasure to introduce to you for the first time in marriage, Mistress Grace and her Marie," the ceremony concluded.

It was loud as the guest rose to their feet and clapped their hands. The lesbians in the gathering were the most vocal. For them, each wedding of two women, or men when invited, was a victory against prejudice and needed to be celebrated for more than just the joining of two friends.

As Marie and Grace moved forward to greet their family and friends, they kept their hands clasped until the hugs began. Even in the embrace of others, Grace would look over to exchange glances with Marie. Now they were together forever. Though Marie belonged to Grace, it was equally true that Grace belonged to Marie. Now it was not longer just Grace's journey, it was one that they shared.

12