The Last Princess of Lorrea Ch. 06

Story Info
What is the darkness that clouds Elena and Caspian's history.
6.8k words
4.69
53.8k
30

Part 6 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The King surveyed the arrival of his nephew's chariots from the front steps of the castle. He always enjoyed Caspian's visits, his temperament much more to the king's liking than that of his son's... there was too much of his mother in him. In Xander's opinion, it made him too soft and it worried the king, that his legacy was not shaped as he wished it to be.

"Your Majesty" said Lord Caspian, bowing before his uncle, before straightening up and ascending the stairs to grasp his uncle's open hand.

"You look too thin" said the king lifting his nephew's chin in his hand, turning his face in the flickering light of the torches.

"It is the Lorrean winter sir, it makes hunting a chore more than a sport." sighed Caspian.

"No matter, we'll fatten you up in no time! The cook is preparing a sumptuous feast in your honour tomorrow night, but meanwhile you may have whatever your heart desires from my kitchen" said the king, steering his nephew indoors.

"Thank you my lord" said Caspian, bowing his head again. "Where is Prince Henry? I have something I want to show him... I think it rather entertaining, maybe he will enjoy it too."

"Oh, he is... he has his hand's full at the moment. I daresay he'll enlighten you to the reason, soon enough" Chortled the king, watching his nephew shrug off his fur cloak. The king wanted very much to tell his nephew why his son was not present, but swallowed his pride to allow Henry the thrill of disclosing the identity of his newest captive.

"No matter. Please inform the prince, that if it pleases him I would request that he seek me out in two hours, my lord, for a most pleasant surprise ." he said, with a twisted grin.

The king nodded and snapped his fingers - a young boy in uniform nodded and scurried off down the halls.

"Now, come, you must be famished" said the king, steering his nephew by the shoulder towards the kitchen.

* There was a knock on the heavy oak door of Henry's bedchamber. "Enter" he replied gruffly, as he pulled a shirt over his head. A timid looking servant entered, bowing before the prince.

"Yes?" asked the prince, as he continued dressing.

"My Prince, Lord Caspian has just arrived and sends word, that if it pleases you, he would like for you to seek him out in two hours time, so he may show you something" said the boy in a low voice.

"Did my cousin say what he wanted to show me?" asked Henry, frowning at the thought that Caspian wanted Henry to come to him and not vice versa.

"No sir, just that it was a surprise that would be very pleasing." he answered.

Henry snorted, he doubted very much that what Caspian's idea of pleasing was the same as his. However, he looked at the boy and said "Very well, inform lord Caspian that I shall be coming." He waved his hand in dismissal and the servant closed the door behind him.

Henry rubbed his temples with both hands, not relishing the idea of being in Caspian's company. His mood lifter however when he remembered the Princess, and the look on Caspian's face when he would find out.

* Caspian was lodging in the east wing, and Henry was in no hurry to greet him. In fact, he was an hour later than when he was supposed to arrive, but that didn't bother him at all. Henry motioned for Caspian's guards to open the doors to his chamber. They knocked quickly but opened the doors without waiting for an answer. In that fashion, they respected their master yet heeded the Prince's order.

He stepped through the doors but paused after a few steps, taking in the scene before his eyes. Caspian was standing naked, his broad back to the prince. His back gleamed in perspiration as he drove his hips forward, into what Henry could only assume was a girl, judging by the screams. Oddly, there were two pairs of legs sticking out in front of his cousin, in a X -like pattern on both sides.

Henry cleared his throat loudly, causing Caspian to look over his shoulder, his smile widening as he spotted his cousin. He stepped away, allowing Henry a clear view, causing his breath catch in his chest at the sight. Two women lay on the bed, naked and tied together, front to front, with rope around their midriffs.

"I thought you were not coming cousin, so I started by myself- I beg your forgiveness" he smirked, as he wiped his sweaty brow with the back of his hand, inclining his head to the prince.

"This is your surprise?" asked the prince, indicating to the whimpering girls. Henry was not in the least bit surprise that this is what his cousin thought a 'pleasant surprise' consisted of, even less surprised that he had started without him. Henry suspected that this is what would have greeted his eyes even if he came on time.

"Does it not please you my Prince?" he asked, his face feigning surprise, at Henry's look of disapproval. "They were hiding from us, but we found them. These maidens are being punished, sir" he said, giving the rump of the top girl a playful slap, causing her to cry out in pain.

"And what was their crime Caspian? I know you enjoy a maiden like the next man- or more than the next man actually, but have you now outlawed it?" he jested, his eyebrows arched in mock surprise.

"Funny cousin, but they really did break the law. See, they were recently married and did not present themselves to the local Lord - in their case, me. They violated the law of 'Droit du seigneur'. They sought to deceive me, had their weddings in secret, but I found out, didn't I ladies?" he laughed, slapping the lower woman's behind this time, eliciting a sharp intake of breath.

Henry's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his cousin. "You know, most lords regard that law as a guideline and not so much as a law that needs to be upheld."

"Oh don't fret cousin. I don't do this with ALL the young maidens," he said in a pseudo dignified voice "only the pretty ones" he winked as he stroked his erect shaft.

"So, are you going to join me? I could use a break for a few minutes" he said, a devilish look in his eyes.

Henry straightened his back and looked down at his cousin. "No, I have other business to attend to" he said, in an even voice.

Caspian sighed and returned to his previous place between the outstretched jumble of legs. He entered one of the women with a forceful thrust, causing her to scream. He looked over his shoulder "If you change your mind cousin, you know where to find me" he shouted over her scream, as he continued to thrust into her forcefully.

Henry placed a hand on the brass doorknob, but paused before opening it. He turned back to his cousin, calling out to him. "Oh, Caspian, I forgot to tell you - I captured princess Elena" he said slowly and matter-of-factly, his voice steady and calm.

Caspian stopped mid-thrust and looked over his shoulder at his cousin. Henry grinned widely, he couldn't help it. The look of surprise on Caspian's face was priceless. He actually looked dumbfounded. However, it wasn't long before Caspian's face contorted into rage. He turned away from the Prince, but not before he saw the colour rise rapidly on his face.

"You caught the Princess?" he repeated, the anger in his voice thinly veiled.

"Yes" Henry confirmed.

"How?" Caspian hissed.

"Well, she basically fell into my lap- that is to say, she fell out of a tree in the forest of Lorrea" he said, a smile in his eyes.

"Lorrea," repeated the lord in a strained voice. "So this is the, uh, how did you say it? Business that you are tending to tonight?" he asked.

"Yes, in fact, I am on my way there now. I shall give her your regards - I know that you knew her before the war, if I'm not mistaken" the prince said, pulling the door open.

"Yes, we knew each other. Congratulations" growled Caspian, anger etched in every syllable.

"Thank you" the prince replied, smirking,

As he made his way through the door, he heard his cousin resume his activities, the pounding of flesh against flesh so audible that he was not surprised to hear the women screaming well after he exited the room. Henry knew that his cousin's increased vigor was out of hate and jealousy, and for once, he reveled in his cousin's hatred of him.

* Elena was curled up under the blankets, yet sleep was not something that came easily to her. She tried humming an old tune of her homeland, used as a lullaby by her people. The tune however, brought more sadness to her heart than she could bear so she lay in silence, listening to the crackling of the roaring fire. A short while earlier a young boy came in and added a few logs to the fire, sneaking furtive glances at her when he thought he could get away with it. Earlier in the day, Elena would have jumped at the opportunity of any curiosity shown by the staff, yet after her last meeting with Henry, her desire for human contact lessened a great deal.

She heard the sound of the door being unlocked and quickly closed her eyes and lay still, feigning sleep. She heard heavy footsteps enter the room.

"Princess?" Henry inquired, his voice a few decibels lower than usual. Elena realised he thought her to be sleeping. She exhaled softly, calming at that thought. She didn't stay calm for long, as she felt the bed sag as the prince sat down and inched himself closer to her still body.

"Princess?" he whispered this time, his warm breath against Elena's neck. The princess begged herself to remain calm and still even though her heart felt that it may break through her chest in fear.

Elena felt Henry lay his large hand over her left breast, yet still she feigned sleep, thinking that he would be disinterested in engaging her in whatever he had in mind, due to her current state of consciousness.

Henry chuckled. Elena felt his hot breath against her ear as he said: "I know you're not sleeping Princess, your heart is beating so quickly I can almost hear it - as I told you before, your body always betrays your wishes."

Her bluff called, Elena quickly slid out of bed, distancing herself from Henry, crossing her arms over her chest, turning her back on him. Henry sighed. "Why must you resist me so? Can't you see that our destinies are entwined?"

"I am the master of my own destiny, nothing you say or do will convince me otherwise" she said, standing a little straighter.

"Did anyone ever tell you how infuriating you are?" henry asked in a pained voice, "You are probably the most stubborn woman I know."

Elena chose not to answer, as she felt he was goading her.

"God seems to be trying my patience today, first Caspian and now you. I feel a large headache coming on" he groaned, rubbing his temples.

"Caspian?" asked Elena sharply, turning to look at the prince. "Lord Caspian?"

"The one and only" grumbled Henry. He looked up at Elena and saw something strange written on her face. It was a mixture of anger and fear, causing the prince to cease the massaging of his temples and slide across the bed, perching himself on the edge of the mattress.

"You've met his acquaintance before, yes?" Henry asked, as he looked up into her deep blue eyes. "I remember that Caspian visited your castle a few years ago, though he didn't say much about it when he returned, now that I think about it" said Henry, as he rubbed his chin in contemplation.

"Oh yes, he came to our castle" Elena said darkly, refolding her arms over her chest.

"And?" continued Henry.

"Let's just say that it was not a pleasant introduction for either of us" concluded Elena.

"Well, how very fortuitous that you are here then! Tomorrow night we shall dine with my father and Caspian, and you will have the chance of a better introduction" the prince said, as he pushed himself off the bed. He stood before Elena, noting her crumpled dress. "Why do you sleep in your dress? It makes it all wrinkled" Henry said, as he plucked at one of her crumpled sleeves. "What else am I supposed to sleep in?" Elena asked, her eyes narrowed at such frivolous questioning, jerking her arm away from him.

"Of course!" said the prince, closing his eyes in remembrance and slapping his hand to his head. "You Lorrean's sleep in clothes! I completely forgot, I beg your pardon, my Princess. The Kravaolian custom is quite the opposite, our winters are not as cold and our summers are much warmer" he explained.

"If you want, you could adopt the custom of-" he stopped mid-sentence at the look on her face. Soon after however, he was laughing loudly. "Oh Princess, if looks could kill I think you would be the mightiest warrior of all time. I shall do you this one favour and supply you with bedclothes, and remember, it is a favour" he said, stepping a little closer to Elena. "And in return you shall accompany me to dinner tomorrow evening and behave in a civil manner."

Elena snorted, "in that case, I'd rather not accept any clothing from you."

Stepping closer to her, he lifted her chin in his hand, causing her to look up into his face. "It was not a request, Princess" he said, the steely tone in his voice causing Elena to shudder.

*

Henry spent the rest of the following day catching up on matters of the state, his eyes drooping as one meeting blended into another. As the sun set, he called a halt to the sixth economic meeting of the day, dismissing his council.

As the council filed out of the his study, he stood and stretched his aching muscles. He raked his fingers through his dark hair and called out to his steward.

"Take this letter up to the Princess, do not leave until she gives you an answer- either yes or no will suffice" he instructed, as he handed over the letter that he had written during one of his seemingly endless meetings.

"Yes sir, immediately" said the young man, bowing shortly before heading off to the north tower.

Initially the prince was not looking forward to a meal with his uncouth cousin, however the expression on Elena's face when his name was mentioned intrigued the prince greatly, to such an extent that he was now looking forward to the feast and to discover what it is about his cousin that irked her so.

He strode towards the door, heading for his bedchambers for a bath, as he doubted his present odor would play favour in the eye of his princess.

* Elena was lying across the bed when she heard the door unlock. She didn't even stir, but continued to stare at the same spot on the ceiling.

'Um... excuse me, Princess" said a hesitant voice.

"Yes?" said Elena, still staring at the ceiling. "Prince Henry wished me to give you a letter, I have it here if you'd like-" he said, before Elena cut him off.

"Leave the letter on the chair and go" she said in a flat voice.

"I beg your pardon Princess, but I am under strict orders by the prince that I am only to leave once you have answered his letter" he said, his voice shaking slightly.

Elena rolled her eyes. Even when he wasn't present he was still demanding! She rose into a sitting position and held her hand out to the young man. He walked up to her timidly, handing her the note. He waited silently as Elena read the contents of the letter, her brow frowning as she read on.

Dear Princess, You are to wear the dress that was sent to you earlier in the day and use the rouge that came with it. You will accompany me to dinner and you'll behave in a civil manner at all times. If you fail to comply to these demands, you will not like the consequences. Remember yesterday. Do you agree to these terms?

Your Prince.

Elena crumpled the letter in her fist, rage seething in her every vein. She was distracted however, when the young man cleared his throat and asked her "Princess, what is your answer?"

Elena looked at the young man, weighing her options. "What is your name?" she asked, as she tore the letter into little pieces. "My name?" he asked, confused by her question and her actions. "I am Ethan, Princess" he replied.

"Alright Ethan, you can tell your prince that my answer is yes. However i'd like you to give this back to him," she handed the shredded letter back to him "and say that I said that he should remember that yesterday he said said something about me saying one thing and my actions another."

Ethan looked frightened and confused.

Elena rolled her eyes. "Fine then, just tell him that I said yes" she sighed, mentally crossing off Ethan as an accomplice in any future escape plan.

"Yes Princess" he answered, reclining his head to her before running quickly from the room.

A few minutes later the door opened again, this time a number of people came into the room: Two large men brought in a tub and poured in the contents of 10 large jugs of hot water, that were carried up the stairs by 5 young men. After they left Elena noticed that one person remained. A young girl, who introduced herself as Catherine and explained that she was to help the Princess prepare for the feast. Elena blushed, explaining that there would be no need for that, she would see to her own bathing. The girl look terrified at her refusal, citing that she would be punished if she did not perform her duties to the letter. Pitying the poor girl, Elena consented to the humiliating ordeal, allowing the girl to bathe, dress and beautify her.

* An hour later the door opened yet again, this time revealing prince Henry, clean shaven and impeccably dressed. He entered the room, his eyes seeking out his Princess. She was sitting in a chair by the fire, she looked up at him, her eyes watching him warily as he approached her.

"You look beautiful, Princess" he said, his eyes sweeping over her. Elena was dressed in plum purple robes of silk, embroidered with tiny golden roses along the hemlines. Her blonde hair was tied up elegantly in an elaborate hairstyle, which accentuated her long neck. Henry's gaze was making her uncomfortable, she crossed her arms over her chest, the neckline of her dress far more revealing than anything she would normally wear. Just like the dress she wore previously, it too accentuated every curve of her body, making it look as if a seamstress had poured the fabric over her. "Come" he said, instructing her to follow him. Loathe as she was to follow any of his commands, she gritted her teeth and followed his muscular form out the door, as her guards fell in step behind her.

"I heard that you were ill inclined to receive the help of the young maiden Catherine" Henry said, as they descended the endless spiral stairs of the north tower. Elena did not comment, she focused on the stairs beneath her feet. "I do not understand you. What is the difference if it is a Lorrean maiden or Kravaolian who helps you?" he asked. Unable to stop herself, Elena answered. "I never used the help of a maiden to bathe, it is not our custom in Lorrea. Unlike here, where you obviously glory in degrading a castle maiden, showing yourself so superior that you don't deign to bathe yourself" she hissed.

Henry laughed, shaking his head but continued walking down the stairs.

Elena felt anger ripple below the surface of her skin, itching her to wrap her hands around Henry's exposed neck. Elena pushed that fantasy aside, realising that his neck was so thick her hands would never wrap around it anyway. Elena spent the next minute imagining ways to overpower him as they descended, but just when she thought about the idea of pushing him down the stairs, she tripped on the hem of her dress. She shrieked as she fell down the hard stone stairs, spreading her hands out to break her fall. Henry, hearing her cry, spun on his heel and caught her deftly, her head an inch above the stairs.

"Easy" he said, holding Elena tightly against him, his deep voice rumbling through her chest. She wriggled out of his grip, adjusting her dress because stepping on the hem had yanked the neckline down, revealing her ample de'colletage. The grin on Henry's face and a few of the guards caused Elena to blush, she lowered her gaze quickly to the stone steps, their grinning faces burned in her retina even as she looked away.

12