The Last Shewolf Ch. 29-33

Story Info
Exile and Return.
10.9k words
4.82
11.1k
23

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/21/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,304 Followers

May 1999, Grenada, St. George's School of Medicine

Vivian's POV

"Jessica Ann Patterson." Snake, Carson and I were on our feet, cheering as she walked across the stage in her cap and gown. She shook the hands of the College President and Head of the Nursing Program, accepting her diploma in her left hand. She walked off to the left as the next name was announced and returned to her seat.

I was so proud of her. Jessica Patterson, Registered Nurse. Top of her class, with a focus in neonatal care.

It was now five years since we had fled Minnesota after the attack on our clinic. In that time, a lot had changed for us. We spent months bouncing around the United States before we had everything ready for the move. We needed a place free of werewolves, where Jessica and Carson could get their education, and I could continue practicing medicine. We decided on Grenada and Saint George's University and their medical school. It was popular with American and European students, the island spoke mainly English, and the weather was SO not Minnesota.

Jessica did well enough in high school and the community college she finished to get accepted into their college of nursing. I went back to school as well, enrolling in the MD-PHD program at Saint George's; my graduation had been a week earlier. I was doing research into the biomechanics of spontaneous abortions after the twentieth week of pregnancy.

Grenada was a beautiful island, and we all loved the University campus. Carson got a job at the university working security, and Snake took care of the house and took classes in Creole cooking. He no longer was a short-order cook, he could open his own restaurant if he wanted. The guys would love to have him back at the clubhouse, I bet.

I'd have become fat if we weren't so active. Shortly after arriving, friends from Jessica's class had taught us to surf, and we loved it. The island had miles of beautiful beaches, and we used them whenever we had time off. We had a Range Rover that could haul the boards, plus we each had small motorcycles we used to explore the island itself. The population was almost all near the sea, not near the thick jungle of the center of the island, including the volcanic peaks. The jungle was the only place we could safely let our wolves out, with Snake watching our stuff while we went off to run.

It was all coming to an end, though. Our educational visas were expiring, and it was time to return to the States. Our flights left in two days, a short hop to Miami then back to Minnesota.

I was hesitant at the idea at first, but Carson was the one who went back to check if it would be safe. He traveled back home for several weeks over Christmas, renting a car and quietly checking out the state. He didn't smell any werewolf activity around the Clubhouse, which was good, although we didn't have him make contact with anyone there. He drove up to the Boundary Waters pack and found the land empty. It had been sold to a developer who was planning to build vacation homes on it once it was rezoned. The Brainerd pack was more interesting; Carson had run into a lone wolf at a bar there who told him the whole story. They were desperate for children, but the SPUDS killed every woman who got pregnant, and that forced them out farther and farther in their search for replacements. They met their match in Montana, all of the warriors were killed, and that Pack took in the remaining women.

He traveled around the state, and all he found was lone wolves and broken men. Losing mates had not been easy, wars had been costly, and he estimated fewer than 10% of the wolves that were alive seven years ago were around now. Women were made of pure unobtanium now; there were standing offers of over a million dollars for a woman of childbearing age from Packs out west. The children, the youngest now six, were almost as valuable. From what he heard, there were only a half-dozen large packs left, and maybe another half-dozen smaller ones. The ones that didn't get destroyed fell apart on their own, their members scattered or moving to other ones.

When he asked about Pack doctors, he was met with laughter. Carson told me about an old Werewolf he met in a bar in Alexandria. "There hasn't been one of those in years," he said. "Just a rumor of one caused a Pack to be wiped out. They are desperate, those Alphas. They are running out of time and women, and no one knows why, no one can do anything about it."

"They all die?"

"There was a rumor of a female doctor that saved an Alpha's child years ago, but I don't believe it. It's like a unicorn, a fantasy. The story is that she was killed by those sent to take her. Luna's wrath will not be cheated, I fear. Our kind will destroy itself in the most painful way, and it's our own greed and stupidity that will do it."

"You think this is Luna's fault."

He sneered. "Of course it is. Every gift she gave us, we pissed away. Our Packs turned against each other, against themselves. They killed the doctors who were trying to stop this. We've been cursed, we're dead, we just haven't accepted it yet. My Sylvia, she was a good woman, a good Pack member. She died outside our safe room, trying to defend the younger women. She gave me five grandchildren, all are dead. I should have killed myself, it would be easier than this."

I pulled myself back to the present time with the commencement speech wrapping up. The ceremony ended, her cap was tossed in the air, and we went into the crowd to find her. She leaped into Carson's arms as he spun her around and kissed her deeply. When they were finally done, Snake and I got in on the action. We looked out at the cove, back at the buildings of the university that we had grown to love, and I sighed. I would miss it.

Jessica's POV

I woke up the morning after the graduation parties, and immediately ran for the bathroom. I barely got the toilet seat up before I was puking my guts out. I heard Carson come in, he handed me a glass of water to rinse my mouth out. "Too much booze last night?"

I just shook my head as I went to brush my teeth. He made sure I was all right, then went into the shower. I didn't drink all that much, and it didn't explain why I had thrown up yesterday. When I was done, I opened the door of the apartment's shower and joined my mate. He pulled me into him, kissing me before going to work on my hair. When it was done, he moved down my body. "Careful," I said, "My boobs are really sensitive today."

He felt them gently. "They feel larger, too." I started adding things up. "Oh fuck me... oh shit." I got out of the shower, drying off quickly and pulling on some clothes. "I'll be back in twenty minutes. Want something from the bakery?"

He was a little confused. "Are you all right?"

"I don't know. I'll get breakfast." I ran out of the complex, down the street to the pharmacy where I bought a box of pregnancy tests, then stopped to get muffins and juice from the bakery. I practically ran back home, leaving the food on the table. I didn't even acknowledge Carson as I rushed into the bathroom to pee on the stick.

He knocked on the door as I was washing my hands. He came in, catching sight of the test on the counter. "Are you all oh shit are you are we..."

I kissed him just to shut him up. "Two more minutes," I said. I passed the time just holding him, his arms wrapped around me as my brain worked through how the hell this could have happened. We had taken precautions during my heat to keep our wolves from taking over. Both of us wore silver necklaces coated with plastic; we couldn't shift, not even our teeth, and our wolf instincts were pushed down. It was enough to make sure that we used protection during the week of constant sex.

Finally, it was time as my watch beeped. I let him go, we looked at the test, and it showed a plus sign.

Pregnant.

99.9% effective when used properly wasn't in our favor. "I can't believe it," he said as he pulled me close.

I was maybe eight weeks along. My wolf was thrilled, she was yipping in my head, already in love with our little one. My human side was absolutely terrified. I started to black out, my legs giving way as Carson scooped me up and carried me into bed. I was crying, I was having trouble breathing, I couldn't think straight. Carson just laid down with me, pulling me on top of him as he talked softly in my ear. "Focus on your breathing, breathe with me," he said. "In. Out." I tried, but I'd start to sob or hiccup and I'd be short of breath again. His hands rubbed my back and neck as he talked me down. It took ten minutes before I was calm enough to talk again.

"It will be all right, my love," he said in my ear as tears continued to fall slowly from my face to his chest.

"It won't be, and we both know it," I said. "I need you to promise me something."

"Anything, my love."

"When the time comes, and there is a choice between trying to save me and saving our child, you save our child."

"I... I couldn't."

"You have to," I said as I pushed myself up so I was straddling his waist. "I've seen what happens. Vivian does her best, but she can't stop the bleeding once it starts, no mother has been saved yet. Even if there was a miracle, she has to remove their uterus. This baby," I put a hand over my belly, "This baby is the only chance you have to keep a piece of me around. The only way I continue to live even after I'm gone."

"I can't give up on you, Jessica. I love you."

Tears dropped down, landing on his broad chest. It was hard, but it was the only way. "The baby can live. Vivian is an amazing doctor, but she can't do two things at once. You stay with me until I'm gone, but she has to save our baby."

He closed his eyes, tears flowing down his face as well. "I love you more than the baby," he said. "I can't promise you that."

I leaned down and kissed him. "You will, though. The first time you see our child, you will love our child enough to do what is needed." I laid my head down on his chest as he held me tight and we cried together.

Ch. 30

Vivian's POV

"They are going to shit a brick when we walk through the door," I laughed as we loaded into the limousine at the Minneapolis airport. We didn't have many belongings, having sold most before we left, but we each had two large suitcases.

There had been lots of tears as we packed up to leave, we had grown to love the island and the people. Jessica's news had pushed me over the top; we had cried half the night together. I resolved that I would do anything humanly (and werewolfly) possible to save her and her child. I was going to start as soon as I found out if my upstairs clinic at the clubhouse was still there. She was family, there was no worry about exposing my hideout this time, and no time to stock another clinic.

"I can't wait," Snake said as he pulled me into his lap in the spacious backseat. "I've loved the time with you, but I miss my brothers and sisters in the Club."

"Me too." I kissed him as Jessica got in, Carson right behind her. It took him about two seconds to have her on his lap after he sat down on the seat across from us. "Possessive much?"

"You have no idea," he said. "My wolf goes nuts if I'm not holding her or protecting her. It was difficult to let her use the toilet during the flight, I had to go up and wait outside while she went."

"At least you didn't try to have sex with her on the plane," Snake said.

He looked away for a second. "Wait a minute, you DID!" I laughed. "In that tiny bathroom?"

"It wasn't the most comfortable," Jessica said. We started laughing at her. "I'm sorry, but I needed him and he'd never turn me down."

"What the hell, kid, you got away with it." We were moving out of the airport, and it wouldn't be long until we were there. "I just hope my Harley is still good. God, I miss riding it."

"I'm sure they took care of them," Snake said. "I wonder who has our rooms now."

"I don't know, I can't expect them to hold them for all this time when we haven't talked to them. They had to move on, I'm sure. I just hope all my stuff isn't in some storage garage, covered in mouse crap and rust." I leaned over and looked out the window as we got closer. "You are sure we are safe here, Carson?"

"Like I said, there were no wolves around and the Packs in Minnesota are gone. You're right, though, we should check." He rolled down the privacy window and talked to the driver, telling him to stop two blocks away and let him out. He did, and Carson did a quick circuit around the building and lot containing the clubhouse. Ten minutes later, he was climbing in. "All good," he said as before he told the driver to pull in through the open gate.

The parking lot was full of bikes, and I could smell the oil so they must have arrived from a ride recently. It was past nine on Friday night, clear skies and seventies as we arrived. I could hear the music inside through the open windows of the bar, and as the driver parked in front of the door I started to cry. "Leave the baggage by the door," Carson said as he paid the driver before he looked at us. "Ladies first," he said with a smirk.

The driver held the door open and I let Jessica get out first. She had grown up quite a bit, into a striking young woman with a surfer's body and long blonde hair. She looked amazing in the light tropical sundress she was wearing. I stepped out right behind her, my long black hair flowing in the breeze. I had more curves than her, and the light dress showed them off. "God, you're beautiful," I heard Snake say as he got out behind me and took my hand. As soon as Carson was out, Snake opened the door and held it for us. Carson got the second, and Jessica and I walked into the loud, busy clubhouse.

There was a scream, and everything got quiet as the whole place turned to look. Viper was standing in front of me, his beer dropped to the floor as he looked at me in wonder. "Vivian?"

"DAD!" I ran forward into his arms, and it was like an explosion of sound as the place went nuts. I don't think Jessica or I touched ground for more than a second that first minute, as our friends were picking us up and hugging us, then passing us on. It was insane.

A woman came down the stairs, tears running down her face. I almost ran into her arms when I saw her. "KELLY!"

"VIVIAN! Oh my God, I've missed you!"

We cried together, I hadn't seen her since I was walked out of the clinic room by my kidnappers. "I'm so sorry, Kelly. I never should have opened the door, I never should have let Doc stay out there, I'm so sorry!"

She pulled me into her arms again. "Don't beat yourself up, girl, Doc was a fighter and you don't always get to win. I'm just glad you got away. You being here means he didn't die in vain." It was like a huge weight off my soul, knowing she didn't blame me. "And I'm doing fine now."

Fifteen minutes later, I'd hugged everyone. A spot had been cleared at the big table where Viper, Hammer and wife Teri, and new Vice President Tiny and wife Katie were sitting.

"Beers all around," Viper yelled at one of the prospects manning the bar.

"Orange juice for me, please," Jessica said.

Viper looked at her, she was old enough. "You don't drink?"

"I'm pregnant." She leaned back into Carson as the tears started to flow.

"Oh." His face went from excitement to fear as it hit him. "I think we need to take this to church."

"Everyone needs to know about some things, Dad," I told the man I looked up to so much. "We are here, but not out of danger. No one can know we are back who isn't in the club."

"PROSPECTS! Close all the windows and put the blinds down." They ran off to do so. "How much do you want everyone to know?"

"They all need to know we are here and under Club protection, so they need to keep that information among Club members. They can know Jessica's condition, she will be staying here under my care. They can also know there is a bounty on our heads, the same kind of people who killed Doc are the ones putting it out there."

Viper called for quiet and briefed everyone on what was going on. They were happy to see me, pissed I was not out of danger, but I could see the resolve in their eyes. Nobody would let me be taken again.

We partied into the night, no one wanted to do Church until the morning. "Hey, are there rooms upstairs we can crash in? Jessica needs her rest, and I'm running on fumes."

Kelly pulled me up. "Of course, you and Snake still have your room. We'd never take that from a member." My eyes were tearing up. "Even if you ARE out of uniform." She must have snuck up into it, her arm came out from behind her back and she handed each of us our cuts.

I lost it as I put it back on, and Snake couldn't get his on fast enough. I could see it was too small for him now. "Looks like someone has been eating too much of their own cooking," I teased.

"Are you kidding? It's all the muscle I put on in the chest and shoulders from surfing," he said with a grin. "Come on, baby, let's see if we still fit in bed together."

It turns out we did fit in bed, and the shower, and the dresser, the bathroom door, the vanity... he made up for not having me on the plane!

Jessica's POV

We walked into the guest room we had been given, and I had to say I was impressed. I didn't know what to expect when they said they had guest rooms above the bar; I half expected 70's paneling, ugly curtains and a stain-spotted bed that would be at home in a whorehouse. Instead, the room looked like a nice suite at a business hotel; king size bed, nice bathroom, even a little kitchenette with a microwave, hot plate and small refrigerator. "Wow," I said.

"Wow," Carson said huskily from behind me. I looked in the mirror, the light was silhouetting my body under the light fabric of the dress, and he was staring at it. "Come here."

I moved towards him, letting my hips sway a little. We had spent a lot of time talking about what the pregnancy meant to us, and decided we were going to live the next six months like they were our last together. Which they were, but at least I wasn't sick. We could enjoy our time, enjoy each other, and make memories for him and our baby. I licked my lips, slowly approaching him, as I unbuttoned the front of the dress and let it fall to the ground at his feet.

He dropped to his knees, hugging my waist as he kissed my lower belly. "Hello, little one. Cover your ears, I need to give Mommy some fun time here."

"Our baby is too small to OOOOH CARSON..." His lips and tongue had moved down, and I threw a leg over his shoulder as I pulled his head closer to me. My panties were pulled aside, and I moaned as a finger pushed up inside. I felt his breath, then his tongue went to work. I was so wet for him, it didn't take long until I came apart on his lips. "Bed now," I moaned to him when my thighs stopped trembling.

He stood up, his hands lifting my ass and I wrapped my legs around his as he walked us over. He laid me down, my butt at the edge, then quickly pulled his own clothes off. "Now where was I," he whispered.

"You were about to OOOHH yeah right there..." His thumb was rubbing my clit as he positioned his cock at my entrance. I looked up at his face, at his love for me as he pushed forward in one smooth motion. He started to saw in and out as I laid back and enjoyed being taked. He raised my legs, placing them on his shoulders as he started to drive harder and faster into me. His arms wrapped around my thighs, using them as a fulcrum so he could go faster. I broke, squeezing his cock as he buried himself deep inside me, his seed painting my insides as we screamed each other's names.

We made some really good memories that night.

Viper's POV

The party had wound down quickly as soon as the guests of honor had retired to their rooms. I sat in a booth in the back, looking at my beer, and thinking about what just happened.

partwolf
partwolf
2,304 Followers