The Library Ch. 01

Story Info
A librarian with a secret has a bad day that only gets worse.
4k words
3.83
39k
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1: The storm

"Excuse me, the library is closing," Chloe said through a false smile, biting back her annoyance as the sleeping man regarded her In the same way as one of the many stains on his overalls.

"Lemme alone, this is a public building," the smell of cigarettes already hanging around him like a cloud, reached a stomach churning intensity as he spoke.

"Yes it is, but we have to close for the night," her smile polite, despite her gathering anger.

The man stood, up, looming over her. As he did a fresh wave of cigarette stench rolled off him, accompanied by body odor and another smell that made her realize he'd prioritized sleeping over going to the bathroom to relieve himself. A mouth full of broken teeth grinned down at her and she motioned to the door. He stood silently, testing her not moving. After a few seconds she retreated calmly to the desk and reached for the phone, as she did he began to move. The sound of plastic bags rustled for a few moments as he gathered his belongings.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going, keep yer panties on!" a loud fart ringing out to accentuate his annoyance at being roused from his sleeping spot.

Mrs. Patricia Rochester descended the stairs from the second level. Her manicured nails tapping an annoyed staccato on the banister as she did.

"Was that necessary Chloe?" the older woman asked as the librarian hung up the phone.

"Charlie is such a sweet man who's just fallen on some hard times. It wouldn't hurt you to be a bit more compassionate," she went on.

No, he's a drunk and an addict who's only here because the shelter threw him out for beating women!

To say Chloe didn't like her boss would be so much of an understatement as to be comical. She hated the woman with a passion usually reserved for people who ran dogfighting. Her husband was the district attorney and she'd been handed the job as a way to seem more civic minded to further his political career. With her fake bake tan, endless spin classes and limited attachment to anything that remotely resembled the real world she was the textbook definition of a trophy wife, her eyes even had the same blank glossed over look of a taxidermy trophy. On her first day as head of library operations she'd proven her incompetence by jokingly explaining that she'd only recently learned that the Dewey Decimal System wasn't a sexually transmitted disease.

"By the way, Mike the Janitor called in sick so we'll need someone to mop up. I'll see you Monday. I'm meeting James for dinner tonight at The Glass Room," and with that she was headed for the door; Chloe scowled as her boss walked away and made her way to the supply closet, as she was now the sole remaining person in the library "someone" meant her.

=-=

Patricia had made it halfway to the long narrow bridge that connected the island the library was built on to the mainland, before stopping. Slapping herself lightly on the forehead she turned back as she dug through her purse to produce a heavy ring of keys and locked the door. She had locked the side doors earlier but couldn't shake the feeling she was forgetting something. The feeling faded as she glanced at the time on her phone and hurried across the bridge complaining to no one about how far the walk was. Overhead dark clouds were rolling in.

=-=

"Stuck up pain in the ass!" Chloe muttered under her breath as she shoved the bucket and cleaning supplies into the closet. Slamming the door shut she headed towards the bathroom.

"A three day weekend over Valentine's day so of course I wouldn't have any plans! Happy Friday the thirteenth to me!" she yelled, her voice loud in the empty library.

After the third round of washing she gave up on getting the smell of latex gloves and chemicals off her hands. Looking at the mirror, her reflection glared back at her green eyes flashing with anger through her glasses. The big round lenses framing her face. Her reddish brown hair, braided up in a tight ponytail, trailed down to her lower back. She glared at the freckles that dotted her cheeks and nose. She'd always been self-conscious of them ever since they'd been a target for ridicule when she was a kid.

The teasing had stopped for a time, only to pick up again in that most acerbic of public institutions, high school. She'd been tall for her age, lanky gawky and unsure around others, easy prey. One gym class had been all it took for the names to start. The other girls, having noticing the freckles on her shoulders and chest, kept telling her to go back to the showers, telling her she was still dirty. Making fun of her because she showered in a bathing suit with a towel pinned around her waist. She'd stayed there a long time waiting for them to leave. When she'd finally come out she'd already been stuck with the nickname "Howdy do-me". She hated people.

=-=

Gathering her bag from behind the checkout desk she once again fumed at how her life had come to this. She longed for the days before Patricia had come, throwing her authority around with all the forethought of a wrecking ball, and with much the same result. She'd added library regulations forbidding groups of people larger than three, supposedly in an effort to cut down on the nonexistent problem of gangs scaring off library patrons. Patricia's lack of anything resembling common sense would have been bad enough, but she was adamant about having her asinine policies enforced. Her group limit policy had done away with writing groups, book clubs and most social activities overnight. Chloe could still recall the day Patricia had demanded nearly everyone turn in their keys, some made up problem of books being stolen at night.

"Great idea, take away even the tiniest bit of autonomy! Just so everyone has to wait for you to open the doors in the morning! Because the only people that have keys are you and...Mike...the janitor...who's not here..."

=-=

"Dammit!" the wood double doors wouldn't budge. Outside the skies had opened up, rain coming down in torrents.

Trying Patricia's phone her call went straight to voicemail. Chloe hung up the phone in disgust, too angry to know what to do next. Trying to calm herself she flipped on her desk lamp, pulling the book she'd been reading from her messenger bag. Flipping to her bookmark she started to read. Just when the edge of her anger was in danger of softening the lights flickered dangerously. Lightning flashed in the sky above her, visible through the glass skylight, thunder cracking close enough to shake the windows. The lights flickered again and died, leaving Chloe alone in the dark.

"Dammit!" she sat there fuming for a few minutes before taking a deep breath.

The cacophony of thunderclaps was accented by the relentless torrent of obscenities spat with malice and abhorrence, spewing forth from the depths of her anger.

The hairs at the back of her neck pricked up suddenly. Putting a hand to it she looked up as the world exploded in green and white light. Arms flailed out as she fell out of her chair, the back of her head hitting the wood floor hard enough to see stars. Something splashed in the fountain under the skylight, heavy enough for the thud to as it hit the bottom to be heard from where she was. Climbing to her feet she looked over the desk, her anger forgotten for the moment. Somewhere out in the storm someone screamed.

Chloe gasped, as a sharp pain from her head washed over her for a moment. In the center of the fountain a thick book was laying underwater on the bottom. Curiosity overcame her and she lifted the heavy tome from the waters, impossibly light in her grasp. The cover was black and green, images of eyes, and tendrils trailing across the surface. Something warm seeped against her fingers. Turning the strange book over Chloe noticed black and green ichor seeping from the pages. A low whispering issued forth from the book, somehow drowning out the raging storm. Fear overcame her and the book fell from her hands to the shallow fountain. The strange fluid continued to flow from the book, staining the water brackish green as it spread. She took a step back nervously.

She felt a warm wet feeling on her fingers and held her hands up to see. The strange liquid had spilt onto her hands and she flailed her hands trying to shake it off. Droplets splattered on the floor and began spreading. In desperation she tried to wipe it off one hand with the other. The moment her hands touched the liquid stuck fast, binding her hands together. A gurgling sound from the fountain made her freeze, turning slowly to face it she took another step back nervously.

The greenish black ichor was overflowing the basin, the excess spilling out onto the floor. She watched scared and curious as the dark water lifted up forming a long thick tendril. The watery appendage reached up in the air nearly touching the skylight. Chloe held her breath as she slowly stepped back, as she did her hip brushed against a stack of books at the edge of the desk. Her breath caught as she stopped moving. The book teetered at the edge for a moment and she cried inwardly in dismay as it tumbled over the edge, slamming onto the ground with a sound as intense as a thunderclap. The watery limb twisted around and she had the distinct impression it was looking at her.

Forgoing stealth she turned and ran, sneakers pounding on the wooden floor. Something warm and wet wrapped around her ankle and she screamed in panic.

"Let go dammit!" she yelled, her sneakers trying to find purchase on the smooth waxed floor as she was dragged back towards the fountain.

The edge of her wrapped foot reached the edge of the spreading pool of ichor and slipped, the fluid on the ground wrapped around her other foot. A confused yell escaped her lips as she was spun around on her back, the fluid on the ground wrapping around her legs and arms holding her to the floor. The massive tentacle released her and hovered in front of her face. It shuddered for a moment, the tip ballooning in size. A horizontal slit appeared on the round surface, spreading wider until it opened. Another slit began, followed by another. One by the slits opened up into eyes. Eight piercing blue eyes shaped like those of an octopus regarded her, their expression cold and alien. Another tentacle rose from the water, the heavy book clenched in its grip. Smaller tendrils sprouted off it gripping the book and opening it to a page. A booming sound filled the room, harsh, guttural and somehow soothing at the same time.

Green writing glowed on the pages, the symbols and glyphs moving in slow irregular paths. She didn't understand the symbols or the language, but she could tell the voice was upset, yelling in disjointed guttural bursts. The voice went silent for a few moments as she stared blankly at the book, not comprehending.

The eye stared at her, unblinking. From around her more tentacles began to rise out of the muck. She could feel them slithering against her body, sliding under her clothes. They paused for a moment as they reached the bike shorts she wore under her long grey skirt. The eye stalk twisted to the side in a move strangely similar to someone cocking their head in confusion. Chloe gasped as a tentacle ran up her inner thighs, meeting at the crotch. The liquid had seeped through her clothes and the bike shorts slid easily off her, despite her best attempts to stop it.

"Stop it! Just leave me alone! DON'T LOOK AT ME!" She howled tears streaming down her cheeks, her face flushed in embarrassment as a tendril lifted her skirt up.

A thick tuft of reddish brown hair offset the paleness of her skin. A long pillar of flesh sat below the hair, her cock limp with fear. A pair of heavy balls were hanging down into the strange liquid. One of the tentacles gently lifted her sack to reveal the wet folds of her quim hidden underneath.

A tentacle teased slowly along her folds, spreading its liquid across her lips. Her body came alive at the sensation, her nerves firing in pleasure as she gasped. The watery invader pressed into her, the sentient liquid flowing and changing shape as it entered her, pressing against the walls of her pussy. She could feel it pushing deep into her body, slowly reaching the deepest parts of her. The tentacle began to grow in size, stretching her body open in slow pulsing measures. She clenched her eyes shut at the sensation only to have them open in shock as she felt another tentacle pressing against the clenching muscle of her ass.

Chloe thrashed and screamed, her hips trying to pull away only to be held down by more of the tendrils. She could feel the tapered tip circling her ass before pressing inwards, her stomach gave a gurgle of protest as the liquid moved through her body, filling her slowly. The cock she was so ashamed of began to harden as her body responded to the stimulation, the heavy organ rising into the air, a trail of brackish liquid dripping off the tip from where it had lay in the pool of fluids.

Staring at the storm through the skylight she tried to send her mind somewhere else, to distance herself from what was happening. Overhead the storm was reaching its peak, green lightning flashed across the sky, burning jagged after images into her vision. The eyes followed her gaze and looked up at the storm.

Turning back to her the eyes narrowed focusing on her young body. As they did a new set of dark green tentacles emerged from the pool that had spread to encompass most of the ground floor. The tips glowed green, eerily bright and beautiful in the dark room. Moving as one they reached out, the glowing tips tracing along her body, leaving glowing trails of eldritch symbols. She blushed in embarrassment as several of them slid under her grey sweater, soaking the heavy wool and leaving trails of green slime and emerald light. She could feel a tingling sensation in her lower body as the two tendrils inside her began to move deeper.

Green light filled her vision as a large tentacle hovered in front of her face, the tip and sides glowing with pinpricks of green energy.

Chloe tried to turn her head to look but the liquid held her tight, seeping into her hair and wrapping around her head to bind her to the floor. She could feel the liquid pooling near the back of her ears, a small tentacle on either side stroking her earlobe.

The member hovering in front of her face leaned forwards and she clenched her mouth to keep it out. The ichor at the tip of her cock began to glow, and press down into the cumslit. The tingling sensation so foreign and new that the groan of strange pleasure escaped her mouth before she could stop herself. The tentacle at her mouth surged forwards plunging towards the back of her throat, triggering her gag reflex. She gagged, tears welling up as it pressed against the back of her throat. The taste was salty and coppery, and her stomach turned slightly at the taste. The glowing lights danced a symbol of energy onto her tongue and the taste became sweet and calming. Her eyes began to lose focus as the nerves in her body began to give out from combination of powerful aphrodisiacs in the slime and the sheer lengths to which her body was being pushed.

Lightning flashed across the sky, blue once more and the eye stalk turned to regard it warily. It turned to regard her for a moment and the eyes flashed green. Strange symbols spread out from the "face" of the stalk, racing down its length to spread more symbols across the pool. Her hands were pulled together, the wrist binding to the floor with the dark liquid. The tentacle in her throat swelled, bulging her throat as it shot through her body, pushing into her stomach so fast she could feel and see the bulge on the outside of her belly. It coiled around twisting and reverting to a liquid as it began to absorb into her body. The liquid entered her faster than it could be absorbed and her body started to swell, stomach pressing out slowly, the bottom of her sweater pushing up as her stomach bloated out making her look pregnant.

Her lower body received the same fate, liquid forcing into her with such ferocity that she could feel her ass being lifted off the ground by the force. Her legs were useless, ankles tethered to the ground by bonds of black ichor. The liquid forced its way into her ass with such force that she thought she felt her back pop as it met the tentacle in her stomach, her stomach doubling in size.

Outside the lighting had begun to calm, the rain coming less torrentially.

"The portal is closing!" a voice hissed in her head, angry and scared at the same time.

Her pelvis creaked as the edges of the pool began to draw inwards, amazed that she felt no pain as her body continued to stretch. Even when a pair of tentacles ripped her bra off and began to force their way into her nipples she felt no pain. Her breasts ballooned in size as they pressed in, she could see the dark liquid tracing its way through the veins and she trembled in fear, and arousal.

She'd been fighting back her orgasm since the tendrils had forced their way into her. When a thin tipped tentacle pressed against the tip of her cock she lost it. Hips bucking she sprayed her load around the invading tip as her pussy gushed, spraying wildly, her feminine juices and cum splattering against the liquid only to be absorbed and carried along with it. Her muscles tried to clench up after such a powerful orgasm but the invading organism would not be denied. Her ass and pussy were spread open once again and she could feel the flow into her body increasing, whatever this stuff was it somehow felt desperate. The thin tendril reached the base of her still hard cock, sending waves of pleasure through her body as she felt it trying to push deeper. Something gave and she could feel liquid flowing into her body. The tube on the underside of her cock swelled, the tendril stretching it wide to allow more liquid in as the tip founds its way to her momentarily spent balls. Once again black liquid filled her veins as her balls swelled in size, green energy tracing more symbols along the inside of her body.

The eye stalk disappeared back into the mire as the last of the liquid pooled into her body, mouth and legs clamping shut to avoid anything else entering her. A circle of symbols lined the ground around and under her, drawn on the floor by the liquid before it fully entered her. Her body buzzed with energy and she lifted a hand to the air without meaning to. The tip of her finger glowed green and moved against her will tracing a final symbol in the air. A word she'd never heard left her lips, or mostly left her lips. There was an echo voice that spoke at the same time in words no human tongue could produce. Her eyes glowed green and the circle exploded outwards energy racing away from her. And then, it was quiet.

=-=

The storm had passed by the time Chloe awoke, she bolted up hands flying to her stomach. Mostly flat with a little bit of pudge from too much stress eating, but normal. The second thing she noticed was that her bra and sweater had been pushed up, her clothes dry and clean. She blushed slightly as she readjusted them and looked around. As she went to stand up her hand brushed against something heavy and leathery, her heart skipped a beat.

The cloud had parted, the moon and stars had come out, their cold light filtering through the skylight to illuminate the room. There on the floor bathed in a column of moonlight sat the tome. She ran and dove over the desk, thudding heavily on the ground behind with a muted "Oww!" After a long minute she peeked her head up, the book sat there silent and unmoving. Gathering her courage, along with her messenger bag, she started forward slowly, a yardstick held out in front of her like a sword. She realized it was a poor excuse for a weapon but knew it was better than nothing. She edge forwards slowly, as she got within a few feet of the book she poked it experimentally with the stick, nothing. Growing bolder she poked harder, the stick bowing a little as she pushed the book a few inches, nothing. Semi confident the book, at least for now, was not going to do anything she made a break for the exit. Her outstretched arms crumpled towards her as they hit the locked door, her head bumped into the hardwood before she could stop herself.

12