The Lifted Veil

Story Info
Revenge takes a woman to another world and back to love.
3.3k words
4.27
7k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first story so please give me input.

*

The sun fell below the horizon , the green flash that followed it's setting, encouraged by the sight Dreanne could only smile. A sunset that rare on All Hallow's Eve only gave her more hope that this spell would work. She had spent years preparing for this one night when the planets would align during the witching hour on Sovvan night. Ten years of sacrificing everything that she had valued at one time; fame, fortune, and privilege just to see her lover again but after Max had died, none of it had matter any longer anyway. When the maniac that called himself Keegan had kidnapped both of them screamed that he needed to sacrifice Max to get back home, Dreanne had only had thoughts of how absolutely insane than man had sounded. Her own sanity had come into question shortly after when she watched as he had torn out Max's heart out and thrown it into a blue fire. What she had seen next the paramedics swore up and down that it was only shock, but she swore she had seen it. A portal, darker than black had opened in front of the man and Dreanna watched as he had walked through the portal, sickly green wings sprouted from his back as he went through the closing portal yelling in triumph. When everything had settled Dreanne had also seen that Max's body was gone.

The authorities never found Max's body or their kidnapper but whatever she had seen that night had opened her eyes to a different world, one that she had been programmed from birth not to believe in. Shadows took shape into creatures that could never be mistaken for human; appearing before her and walking into the crowds unnoticed. Her doctors had eventually prescribed the best medicine in the world but she had still seen them, eventually being put into an asylum "for her own good." After a while, she had learned to ignore those visions enough to convince her doctors that she could leave.

Once out, she had tried to return to her old life, but it had lost its fire. Everything that had made life exciting had died with Max. Soon she found herself again watching the world of shadow creatures, hoping to find out what they were. She had been truly been at the edge of the sane world when she had been saved by a woman standing outside a bookstore, a Witch who had seen the signs of her impending breakdown and decided to help. She taught Dreanne about the shadow world; a world of Ghosts, Vampires, Werewolves and other creatures, both vile and benevolent. A world that was only slightly offset from what everyone considered the real world, one that the mundane world had been convinced, did not exist.

She had been told that some of the creatures could only watch the human world, some could cross over for a short time to explore, trade, or kill, whatever their pleasure, others slipped in and out of the worlds at will, to live, to feed, or to love whichever they chose. Humans were denied entrance from this realm with only a few exceptions ever being made; "They were not prepared for what they would see," is what she had been told. Some of the creatures, those that would be considered demons, had been exiled to this world and without specific spells, could never go back. Dreanne had been told that her love had been sacrificed in order for the demon to get back to this world. Now, after all this time and studying, she was going to go find the bastard that killed Max.

Dreanne let the robe fall, the cool autumn air prickled against her skin, drying up the thin sheath of sweat coating her naked body. The only thing she would wear for this spell was the knife sheath and knife she would need later. Her red hairCasting the circle as she had been taught, Dreanne then carved the symbols within, each at the cardinal points. By the time everything was as perfect as she could get it, there was only the fire to light. Three simple words spoke with focus and intent and the wood in the pile burst into flames, the scent of burning cedar relaxed her nerves enough to let her look around and admire the view of a night sky unmarred by electric lights. It was beautiful, millions of pinpoints lighting the sky on one side and the moon, large, full and bright lighting the other. Even in the midst of this wonderful sight, Dreanne had only one thought, revenge. She was going to enter into the Shadows, find Keegan and destroy him even if it killer her in the process

Resolve setting into her jaw, it was time to call the corners, but this was no normal calling, she was about to do something that had not been done in at least a thousand years. The words, simple as they were even when translated, contained a power that was so strong that parts of it had been spread across the globe to prevent anyone else from opening the doorway. She had learned that money while meaningless to her could get her anything and everything she needed, including all the pieces of a spell dismissed as ancient superstition. Now, as the far off church bells began to ring in midnight, superstition would become a reality again.

Throwing a handful of Sage into the fire, she began. "I call upon the keepers of the Northern barrier. Pull aside the curtain that hides the portal from human eyes!" A flash of flame and a circular void appeared in front of her, only discernible because it was darker than the night around her. A handful of Myrrh was next into the flames. "I call upon the keepers of the Eastern barrier. Seal the circle so that nothing enters this world." The flames flashed higher and brighter, then seemed to jump to the circle she had cast, illuminating it. Dreanne grabbed the last, hardest ingredient to come by; a piece of a creature from that world, a demon's fingernail. Obsidian black and razor sharp, the vileness emanating from it left no doubt as to its authenticity, she threw it into the fire. "I call upon the keepers of the Western barrier. Open the portal that you hold closed, and let me pass to find my enemy." The fire flared then changed to blue, awaiting the final part of the spell.

Grabbing the silver knife in the sheath and slicing her palm, Dreanne let the blood well up until her cupped hand was full before throwing it to into the fire. "I call upon the keepers of the Western barrier. I ask that you protect me until I fulfill that which I came to do." The fire flared one last time and died, tendrils of smoke slowly billowed out wrapping themselves around her nude body. Within moments she was no longer naked. She walked out of the smoke to find that she was clothed in a body suit as gray as the smoke that it came from. Dreanne looked to the portal that began to swirl and she could hear a scream coming from it, getting closer.

She had expected feel something when she crossed over, but she didn't, no pain, no feeling of displacement, nothing. The only thing that told her she was no longer in the human world was that she was no longer in the field she had begun the spell in. She was now in a lush forest clearing the portal that she had come through gone now forever. But where was Keegan? Every part of the spell worked, he had to be here.

Bursting through the canopy came a creature made of nightmares. A furless dog's head, skin the color of green rotting meat, and bat wings on a humanoid form, it landed on clawed feet in front of her. "You called, Witch?" The thing that could only be Keegan smiled at her then attacked.

Though she had been prepared for it, the attack was vicious as she was thrown back, flying back ten feet and landing hard on the ground. As hard as the throw was, she should have been dead but her spell held true. Jumping back up she drew the silver knife she had used to cut herself and ran at him. Surprise flashed across Keegan's bestial face as she slashed his chest.

"Bitch! Your little spells won't protect you for long here!" He grabbed for her and managed to catch a piece of her shirt and ripped.

Dreanne stumbled back and fell to the ground. Standing over her, Keegan looked down and licked his lips. Realizing that the right side of her shirt had ripped open exposing her breast, Dreanne halfheartedly covered herself. "You won't win you know."

"We'll see about that you Bastard" Dreanne replied as she slashed her knife along his thigh, eliciting a scream as he hopped back away from her.

"Little cunt! When I get through with you I'm not going to let you die!" He ran forward again grabbing at the rest of her shirt and yanking it off. Leering down at her, he licked his lips again. "You'll be mine! I will fuck you in any way I wish! You should have been mine last time!" Dreanne gasped. "Oh yes, I remember you bitch. Mewling like a kitten while I pulled the heart out of your lover. You should have been mine that night!" Keegan thrust his hips forward.

Dreanne couldn't help but watch as the smooth skin at his crotch parted and his cock inched out from it. She was horrified as his twelve inch erection ended in at the base with several small spikes meant to keep him inside of her for as long as he wished.

Keegan began to stroke himself as Dreanne scrambled to her feet.

"Don't worry I won't put all of me in, not right away. Trust me though, you'll want more."

Dreanne screamed and charged at Keegan. Laughing, the demon stepped aside and slashed her chest with his claws and also clipping her arm as she went past, knocking her blade from her hand. The silver knife went flying and Dreanne dropped to the ground again in pain.

Keegan stepped over her. "What now wench" he laughed, grabbing himself again. "Why don't you just give up. Come on, I'll go easy on you, all you have to do is suck me tonight, then I'll let you rest."

Tears in her eyes, Deanne scooted away from him and brought herself to her knees. "Go to hell you son of a bitch. I'd rather die."

Keegan surged forward grabbing her and slamming her against a tree. This time it took her breath away. "Fine bitch, you'll die, but not until I have my way with you!" Grabbing her at the waist, he ripped off her remaining cloths turned her around and slammed her, chest first, into the tree again. Dreanne could feel his breath on her ear and his spittle on her shoulder as he growled, "Before I'm through, you'll wish you had given in!"

Beaten she may have been, but she would never give up. Kicking backwards and up she connected with what she hoped were the same organs that any other man had. She wasn't disappointed. Keegan howled in rage and stumbled back. Dreanne leaped for her knife, grabbing hold of it just as he grabbed her hair. As the demon yanked back, she heard a scream and was suddenly released, dropping painfully to her knees again.

Dreanne turned in time to see Keegan trying to stop the blood flowing from his crotch. She looked down to see most of his male member lying on the ground. Looking back up and following his gaze, she saw who had saved her and could only stare, not trusting what she saw but tears still forming in her eyes. There was her beloved Maxine sword in hand.

Keegan's face went from bestial to sheer terror, he had clearly not expected to see her again, which begged the question. Where had she been? "No, it isn't possible. You're dead!"

Maxine smiled. "My dear Keegan you should know as well as I that you have to finish your kill. You only took my heart."

Keegan groaned and fell to the ground, as Maxine approached Dreanne, eyes never leaving her enemy. "Since you were so woefully uneducated in how to kill a vampire, I've come to teach you what finishing a kill means." With that Maxine thrust her sword into his chest, the hilt slamming home. She followed by yanking the sword out and stepping behind to remove his head in a single fluid motion. Dreanne could only stare as Maxine cleaned her blade, sheathed it, picked up Keegan's head and threw it onto Keegan's chest. Speaking the same three words that Dreanne had done moments earlier, they watched as Keegan's body went up in flames.

Maxine finally walked up to Dreanne her black dress looking like a mixture of shadows and glass, glorious black hair accenting blood red lips and white skin. Dreanne tried to meet her lost love half way but only managed to stand before her head started spinning and she fell into the woman's arms. Maxine caught Dreanne before she fell, lifting her into her arms. Her cloak seemed to take on a life of its own as it covered her lover for the trip home.

Dreanne woke with a start. Had it all been a dream? The body close to her side and the soreness she felt I every fiber of her being told her it had not been a dream.

I wanted to come back to you, I did. But there was nothing I could do." Maxine whispered. "Once we are killed on your side of the veil, we can't return for one hundred years. There's no getting around that, it takes us that long to build up the power we need to cross over.

Dreanne turn around a little more to face Maxine. Caressing the side of her lovers face, she stopped her from talking more. "It doesn't matter. We're together again. That's all that matters. You can tell me everything later, including what being a vampire means. Right now I just want you."

Dreanne leaned forward pressing her lips to Maxine's, needing to feel every part of her to be sure she was real. Despite being sore Dreanne, was the one that took charge, pushing Maxine onto her back and kissing her way down her lover's neck. Maxine's breath quickened with excitement, but Dreanne wasn't about to make this short. She had never thought to see her love again so she wanted to show just how much she had been missed. She worked her way back up to Maxine's lips, tasting the salt from their mixed tears of joy from being together again. Dreanne's hands moved from around Maxine's waist to cup underneath her breasts thumbs circling her areolas, eliciting a gasp.

Dreanne's kissing brought her back down Maxine's neck then onto the soft mound of white where she nipped a little before closing her mouth firmly onto a nipple that her thumb had so gently been caressing to a point. A moan of pleasure escaped Maxine as she grabbed Dreanne by the back of her head, wanting to keep her there. Dreanne, for her part didn't want to move yet. Soon, her tongue and lips were driving Maxine into a frenzy bringing her to orgasm without touching anywhere else. As Maxine's shudders signaled the end of her first orgasm, Dreanna could not hold herself back any longer. She didn't rush, though she wanted to, as she moved her way down Maxine's orgasm taut stomach with her soft kisses. Dreanne's fingers found their way into Maxine's already soaked hole just as her tongue found the small nub of her clit. Her own moan of pleasure at tasting her lover drowned out Maxine's. She had longed for the sweet nectar that her tongue and fingers were drenched in. Dreanne had never dreamed that she could have an orgasm without being touched but the shear closeness of her lover again, coupled with the small cries now beginning to come from Maxine, she felt her first orgasm starting deep within her. Only seconds later they were screaming out, both beyond any kind of thought as they came together.

Neither could move for what seemed for hours; Maxine on her back and Dreanne with her head resting on her lover's hip, hand caressing along Maxine' thigh. "I missed you so much," Dreanne whispered.

"I missed you too. But you can't stay here, not unless.."

"Do it," Dreanne replied. "There is nothing else for me over there, nothing that means anything to me at least. My family is gone. You are all that I have left now."

Maxine could feel Dreanne's tears, warm on her cold body. "If that's what you want, who am I to argue, especially with something I want just as much."

Dreanne lifted her head up, hope dawning in her eyes. "I can stay? What do I need to do?"

"You need to do nothing," Maxine answered, pulling Dreanne back up to her face then slowly rolling her onto her back before kissing her.

Dreanne felt her breath leave her body as Maxine's hands began to wander across her body, sliding over but never staying in a single place. Dreanne's body quickly became overwhelmed with pleasure as Maxine moved down her body, continuing to brush her hands everywhere but never pausing and never touching Dreanne in any other way until she finally reached her target. Lips closing over Dreanne's clit Maxine held her lover's hips down as Dreanne's back arched high. Keeping a grip on Dreanne's hips, Maxine slid her tongue into Dreanne's sweet pussy, drinking up everything she could and bringing her true love to the brink.

Dreanne's hands came down to Maxine's head grabbing on and holding her down, trying to drive her deeper in, breath becoming ragged as her orgasm climbed to heights she had never known.

Maxine listened to her lover, waiting for the right moment. Just as Dreanne's hands clenched down one final time, Maxine extended her teeth, sharp canines lengthening past the protection of the surrounding teeth. As Dreanne's orgasm struck, so did Maxine, piercing her lover's inner thigh with a more intimate penetration than any man could hope to achieve.

Dreanne's breathing was finally slowing to normal, the most powerful orgasm she had ever felt finally coming to an end. She knew Maxine had bitten her but rather than take away from the pleasure, it had added to; sending her somewhere outside her own body for just a moment, but that moment she would never forget.

Still slightly delirious, Dreanne became aware of her body being drained. Soon she was light headed from the blood loss and not the orgasm, but she trusted her lover, everything would be fine. Just as her sight was beginning to go black, Dreanne felt something warm and wet drop to her lips. Licking it off, she felt new life and power surge through her. Enough power that when Maxine offered her wrist, she took it, drinking in everything that she could, letting the power flow through her, change her. Within moments she was no longer human, she was more. She felt Maxine withdraw her hand, just as she began to feel sated. Sated and tired. Trying to hold her eyes open for just a little longer. "I love you Max."

"I love you to sweetheart," Maxine answered back laying down next to her. "And when you wake up. We'll be together forever."

Dreanne smiled as she let sleep finally take her.