The Longest Road Pt. 01

Story Info
A love story.
2.1k words
4.34
17.2k
16

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/21/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ilbfita
Ilbfita
103 Followers

"What an earth can be the matter?" the kindly old Priest asked the sobbing figure kneeling at the alter.

"Can't- say," sobbed the distraught figure.

"Ofcourse you can! I'm a Priest. This is my job. You can tell me anything!" replied the old man, patting the figure's heaving back.

"It's so bad!"

"Nothing is so bad that the Lord cannot find forgiveness. You must tell me!"

"It's Brother Rainer, sir," sobbed the young man, his gender finally revealed to the old man via his the tone of his voice.

"And what pray tell has Brother Rainer done, young man?"

A long pause followed.

"He's abused me, sir. Ever since I came here he's been at it. "

"That's outrageous! Why didn't you tell anyone about it?"

"Coz they are all in on it!" sobbed the young man, the despair in his voice was palpable.

"Is that right?" snapped the old man, grabbing the distraught young man by the hair and pulling him up from the floor, before roughly marching him toward his office.

"What are you doing?"

"Well!" the old man said with an evil smirk, "If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me!"

----

"My office, Miss Vries, right now please."

The tall, skinny girl stood up and nervously followed her boss down the corridor. Mr Hunt had sounded very stern and she walked with a sense of doom, like a man on his way to the gallows. She had made this walk before. Too many times. She paused at the door. In her mind she thought "Screw this! Just walk out now, spare them the trouble." But she knew she must go through with it.

"Be seated, Miss Vries." ordered Mr Hunt. She recognised the HR Manager, Mr Scott in a chair in the corner.

"This is Stu Scott from HR, I'm sure you've met him before?"

"Yes, when I was recruited," answered the nervous girl, nodding and forcing a smile at Mr Scott. He reciprocated with a grunt and a half smile.

"Look," started Mr Hunt gruffly, "I don't intend to beat around the bush. The fact is, we take honesty very seriously here at AusCare, and we simply cannot tolerate dishonesty and deception by any of our employees."

There was a pregnant pause. The girl didn't know what to say. Mr Hunt pressed on.

"It's come to our attention that on your application you nominated yourself as a female, yet you're your medical records indicate you are a male. In effect you've been masquerading as a female all the time, when really you are a male. Do you understand how serious that is? Don't you realize that we allocate cases to staff based on gender due to the sensitive nature of our work? How would some of the young girls you have worked with react if they found out they had confided in a male, not a female?"

The girl felt her cheeks turn bright red and the tears well in her eyes. Her lip trembled and she struggled to control it.

"WELL?" pressed Mr Hunt, clearly angry and in need of a reply.

"I I I was born with male genitalia, but I identify as female. On the recruitment form it asked for gender, and I truthfully put down 'female'. The medical form asks for sex, and I, being honest, recorded that my sex, based on my genitalia, was male!" she spluttered. It wasn't the first time she had made this speech.

"So I didn't really lie." she added defiantly.

"Gender, sex, I don't care! I'm not getting into an argument over semantics." snapped Mr Hunt. Mr Scott nodded in approval.

"The decision has been made. We are terminating your contract with us as of this minute. Mr Scott will escort you to your desk where a box has been provided for you to collect your things. As this is a highly sensitive area, you must leave immediately, you will be escorted off the premises and you will not be permitted to return."

His words burned into her heart and soul, but she did not really hear him. All she felt was a pain. An agonising pain in her heart. That's right folks. When you are really truly hurting, your heart actually aches.

"Accounting will do up a cheque with what you are owed plus a small resettlement bonus, it will be mailed to you," Mr Scott announced, as she walked down the corridor with shaky legs and burning eyes.

She kept her eyes down. She didn't want to see the horror, the hatred, or the malice of her co-workers. She had very little on her desk. She threw it into the box. She noted that someone had scrawled "Freak" in felt pen on two sides of the box.

The elevator music was the only sound as she and Mr Scott rode the elevator to Ground.

He said something encouraging to her as she marched out of the elevator to the bus stop, but she didn't hear it. She had her own thoughts.

Never Again! Never Again! Never Again!

----

His Land cruiser came to a rapid halt outside the store, causing a cloud of red dust to cloak the vehicle momentarily, before it could be seen in its full glory. This was a serious 4WD vehicle. Long range antenna protruded from the massive bull bars with huge driving lights. The back was full of tools, drums of diesel, a motorbike and fencing gear. Neatly packed, well secured. This was the vehicle kitted out for hard work. Its owner must have some serious cash, she thought to herself.

The driver climbed out, stretched his lean yet muscular back and settled his akubra over his neat thick, black hair. His sky blue shirt, demin jeans and black boots matched the vehicle. Neat, well presented, serious. He walked into the bar.

"Two bottles of cold water and a bottle of lemonade, please!" His eyes were as blue as his shirt and her heart fluttered at the sound of his deep, authoritative, yet gentle voice. He smiled politely at her after giving his order.

She fumbled with the two slippery bottles of water. Her hands were not working properly for some reason. The lemonade was easier to control.

"Better grab two bags of ice, it might get hot today." he added with a chuckle. His laugh was like a child's. The mercury had already climbed over 35 degrees Celsius, and it was only 10.30 in the morning. She was used to the laconic understatement of stockmen, but she couldn't withhold a giggle of her own.

She had to open the chest freezer and reach over two get the ice out. She had never felt self-conscious wearing shorts before. A job for later on she thought to herself, go to the cool room and bring over 20 bags of ice. There was no end to the work when on day shift. She was staring into his deep blue eyes.

"Are you going to ring those up, or are they on the house?" he asked politely, his grin displaying perfect white teeth.

"I'm sorry, I was miles away! That's ten for the ice, eight for the water, and five for the lemonade, so twenty three all up." she said, taking the $50 he handed her as she rang up the till.

"Need a receipt?"

She went to pass him his change; he went to shake her hand. They both stood like dummies, offering then withdrawing their hands.

"Paul. No thanks. I'm Paul."

"Oh, right, yes, I see. Paul. Nice to meet you, I'm Monique."

They shook hands. She was taken by the strength of his hand yet the softness of his skin. All she could smell was his aftershave. They seemed frozen in time. Their eyes appeared to lock together and they just stood there, holding hands, looking into each other's eyes. She felt stirrings in her nether regions she had not felt for a long time. Butterflies fluttered about in her stomach, and she began to feel light headed.

The buzzer sounded, notifying her that a customer had come through the door. It snapped them both out of the trance.

"I'm mending fences out near Jasper, probably be back here a few times!" he smiled.

"Oh indeed. I have heard they're in bad shape out that way," she replied as if she knew something about fences.

"Won't be when I'm done with them!" he grinned, picked up his things, and headed out for to his ute.

She had not noticed the car full of aboriginals pull up whilst she was serving him, nor had she noticed them come into the store, but for the buzzer. She was so busy helping them check the credit on their cards, fetching them hot chips and cold drinks that she didn't see him drive off.

For a tiny place in the middle of nowhere, it sure got busy.

It wasn't until late in the day, when her shift was done, and old Mrs M joined her on the back porch for a cup of hot tea, that she thought about him again.

"I heard there's a new fella around." Mrs M said, her left eyebrow arched through a cloud of cigarette smoke.

"Paul. Fencer. Working up near Jasper. So he said," Monique responded guardedly.

"And?"

"Seemed very nice. Polite. Well groomed. Not like most of the men we get in here."

"Oh really?" Mrs M's wicked grin told Monique that she had seen the young man as well, and she knew how taken she was with him. Monique hated such talk. She was there to make money. She had her problems, and she didn't need a man on the scene to complicate things.

"He's all yours Mrs M, if you wish to try your luck," she retorted, annoyed, yet pleased that Mrs M took such an interest in her wellbeing.

"A girl needs a grease and oil change from time to time, is all I'm saying. More tea?"

Mrs M knew how far she could push things. She knew when to stop. They finished their tea, then went back to work. A workforce of four ran Long Bore Roadhouse, Mrs M, her husband Barney, Monique and Larry. Monique usually worked days. Larry worked nights, when the drinking was at its worst. Mrs M was the manager and part owner, she worked nearly all the time. Her husband Barney was the cook and the groundsman. They were in their late 60's, both as tough as nails, but with kind hearts and good humoured souls.

Each night while Larry ran the bar and Barney cooked the meals, the two ladies re-stocked the bar and the shop. On a quiet day this would take no time at all. On a busy day like today, they would work another three hours.

At the very end of the day they would meet again at the back porch, drink hot tea, watch the stars and chat about the events of the day. Larry was invited, but he would prefer to retire to his caravan with a bottle of scotch. Barney liked his TV. It was the girls' time to unwind, discuss plans for the next day, de-stress and debrief, before hitting the pillow for a well-earned sleep.

Monique had a strange dream that night. She lay naked on a swag in the middle of nowhere. The stars shone down upon her naked body, giving her skin a silky sheen. The strong male hands that worked over her body made her skin feel on fire. She wriggled and writhed against him, wanting him to stop but longing for more. She felt him enter her, she struggled but it was in vain. He was inside her, possessing her, needing her, loving her. With each thrust she lost more and more control until she became insane with lust and pleasure, grinding herself against him, pushing more and more of him into her until she was overwhelmed by her climax. She awoke with a start. Her bed was drenched.

Somewhere near the junction of the busted Jasper and Wilgar fence line, a small fire crackled and a lonely man looked to the heavens. There were no bright lights for hundreds of miles, and the heavens were clearer and brighter than he could ever remember. He sat back in his old camp chair and took in the stars, taking a long slow drink of his cold beer.

Thoughts of a tall, slim woman called Monique clouded his thoughts. Her big mess of curly blonde hair. Those shorts. Those long legs and that cute bottom! How she had to bend to get those bags of ice! Had she noticed him looking? Would she think him a creep? What did it matter? He was here to work hard and make some big money. He didn't need a crazy girl on the scene.

Mind you, on a night like this, a woman like that...

He lay on his swag and let the milky starlight wash over him. Long, slender, smooth thighs. Tight shorts. Big hair. Nice lips. Green eyes. Cute smile, like a little girl's...

A disturbed sleep engulfed him.

Ilbfita
Ilbfita
103 Followers