The Lost Lord Ch. 09

Story Info
And the world becomes vastly different.
6.7k words
4.69
38.6k
37

Part 7 of the 25 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 03/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
909 Followers

Note: There's no sex in this chapter. I didn't bother putting this in non-erotic section, as it is part of a larger series. I was also tempted from this point on to upload the chapters into the fantasy/scifi section, but decided against it, because I wanted to keep the series whole and not half and half in two different sections.

Chapter 09 -- Just like DnD...

The fight between Linias and Rainer was very short, only lasting a few strikes and spells. The battle between Aureal and Hannah, however was taking quite awhile. That began to worry the two spectators of the fight, the demon Nerissa, and the witch Lauren. They were both holding in their arms, Rainer, he had gone unconscious and supposedly delved into Aureal's own being in order to "bring her to the dark side" and make her a Fallen Angel.

"Eh? Nerissa, look at that. Something definitely happened to the angel." Lauren pointed out, she was right. The angel, Aureal, was changing into a Fallen Angel. Her white wings turned black, a golden halo crumbled into dust, and her entire being emanated sinful lust.

"Oh my! Yes, I can see it clearly. Our lord has done something that hasn't happened in quite awhile, centuries I believe." Confirmed Nerissa, she was clearly impressed, "Without a doubt, when those visible changes appear on an angel, it has fallen. Quite the accomplishment, my love! Few demons can ever change an angel to that extent."

Since Aureal was completely unconscious during the entire fight as she fought between whether to fall or rise, no certain outcome came throughout the entire battle. Neither Hannah nor Aureal's body was able to gain the upper hand.

"Hah! I knew you would never be strong enough to resist Sin's temptation. Weak, weak since the day you were born. Everyone of us knew that being born with a curse like yours would make you betray us one of these days." Taunted Hannah, mercilessly. She then boasted, "I'll kill you, then these two lowlifes over here, then I'll end the life of this insipid Lord of Lust. I'll go back home, and I'll be welcomed with open arms and praised for killing a Ruler of Sin and a traitor like you."

"She talks too much, doesn't she?"

"Ah! Rainer! You're awake! So did you make her a Fallen Angel yet? I'm pretty sure she is with her black wings and all that." "Said the witch.

"I'm not sure, I don't remember much when I was in her soul, or mind, or whatever the heck I was in. Sorry." He apologized.

"My, my... I'll have to interrogate you later on what went on in there! Even if you did forget, there might be some lingering memories on what happened!" Nerissa then whispered to herself, "If I find out you got a new concubine behind my back..."

"Hmm? What?"

"Oh, nothing! Nothing at all that you need to concern yourself with!"

"I came out... Is Aureal ok?"

"The fight has reached a stalemate and has been that way for quite some time. Unless she wakes up soon, she will lose. I'm extremely impressed at her capabilities, very few can continue the fight after being unconscious."

"Can't we do anything to help her?"

"While she's in that state, no. She would be unable to distinguish friend from foe. It'd be too dangerous. Besides, I doubt she'll lose... Call it a hunch." Assured Lauren. She had witnessed many high scale fights, and she had almost always been able to predict the winner.

Then at that moment, Hannah attempted her move towards victory. After barely dodging a wild swing from Aureal's hammer, she slashed at her enemy's stomach. Aureal blocked the slash with her weapon's pommel. The tip of Hannah sword began to glow, unleashing another bolt of light. At point blank range, it shouldn't have missed, Hannah was sure of that. She put forth all the light and power she had left into this final bolt.

"No one can stand before this much power, not even an Archangel! You'll die here."

"Talk all you want... But if you can only put forth this amount of light, you'll lose." Aureal had spoken.

"What?! What are you talking about?"

"I can feel it in you... Pride, Wrath, and Envy... I can feel far more Sin in you, than in me. Your light is weak, polluted with Sin; your virtues are long since gone. I would not be surprised if you fell sometime soon."

"Shut your mouth, demon's whore. Just die already!"

"Yes, you lost."

The sword shot forth a bolt of light. Rainer could feel it himself; it was weak, he could feel the beginnings of a second Fallen Angel within Hannah. No doubt about it, Aureal would win. Dropping her hammer, Aureal brought blocked the bolt with her hands. Swirling darkness enveloped the bolt of light, completely diminishing it.

"As I said, you are quite weak. Now I'll retaliate!" Seethed Aureal, she wanted no more than to be rid of the angel in front of her, and finally escape from the conflict.

Darkness shot forth from her hands, resembling four spears. Each dark spear pierced four different spots of her enemy's body, her head, heart, neck, and abdomen. Instant death took Hannah; blood seeped from each wound.

Rainer forced himself to look, he figured that there would only be more violence like this, he might as well get used to it. While he had bloodied people in past, though never regretted it (Screw that Mandal), he felt rather sick to this level of violence.

"I feel... Better."

"Hey there, your name is Aureal, right? Mine is Lauren, it's a pleasure to meet a brand new Fallen Angel." Lauren immediately went to ingratiate herself with Aureal.

"Ah... Hello. Are you friends with Master?"

"Oooh! So you're master, huh?" Lauren cocked her head towards Rainer as she mocked him. "Well yes, I'm his friend, though I wouldn't mind being more than that. The other girl is Nerissa. She's a Daughter of Pride and Rainer's fiancée."

"I see, Nerissa. I am pleased to meet with you. I hope I can serve both you and Master to your expectations."

Nerissa was taken aback. She hadn't expected the brand new Fallen Angel to be so polite... And willing to recognize the soon to be marriage between her and Rainer. And so willing to serve them. She could get along with her after all!

"Tes... I'm pleased to meet you as well. I can see you're quite powerful." Said Nerissa as she observed the lifeless angel on the ground.

"We never like each other in Heaven, so I am quite glad to be the one to dispose of her."

"Introductions done? Good, I'm sorry to interrupt but we should get moving. We just killed two angels; I doubt the people 'up there' are too happy about that. And Asmodea should be almost done with the ritual to open a portal to the Land of Lust. Aureal, can you still fly? Nerissa alone can't carry all of us, and Rainer isn't used to flying yet." Interjected Lauren, she was worried. They shouldn't stay longer or more angels might show up to eliminate them.

"I am still capable. Black wings are more than capable of making me fly." Without any more talking the four of them move. Rainer sucked in his appendages, as they would be in the way of being carried. Nerissa lifted up Rainer, and Aureal carried Lauren, both pairs made their way towards Asmodea.

"Hmmm, they finally left." Linias pushed himself off the ground, he barely managed to keep himself alive while Rainer's group was present, and once they left, he healed his wound. "That... Was close, I could have died. That witch... I've never seen an attack like that, what was that?"

"Linias, you may return, you have done what I asked." A golden ball of light flew out from Linias' armor and began to talk. "I'm sorry that I placed you in such danger."

"No it is ok, I live to serve. However, may I ask why you let them go?"

"...I sent such a paltry force to deal with the situation because I wanted them to escape. We made a proper agreement with the previous Lord of Lust, and I intend to honor it, as he did right by his side. Also, Aureal has never had a pleasant life here. While I regret being unable to bring her back from falling, I am content to know that she is with people who will care for her. As for letting Hannah die, I knew she was filled with Sin, she would most definitely fall herself if she continued the way she was. It would have been kinder to let her die there than be executed here."

"I see, very well. I will turn, Michael." Linias took flight, towards the sky.

"I hate portals... They are annoying to put up." Complained a worn out Asmodea, portals are apparently very annoying to put up. "Oh well, with this, I can finally return to my home, with Rainer and his entourage."

She just received a call from Lauren telling her that they are heading in her direction with a Fallen Angel named Aureal. She had also learned that this angel had both the power over light and darkness.

"A Fallen Angel... It is quite a feat to make an angel fall from grace. And she is quite a unique one at that. I've never heard of a single being, human, angel, or demon with power over the darkness and light. She will be quite the powerful ally."

"Let's see... All that's left is the incantation. Ah it will be good to breathe the air of my home."

In an open space of a nearby park, there was a circle of stones with inhuman runes etched on. Rituals to open portals between worlds required a circle of stones, and through the incantation, you choose a combination of four stones that brought you to a particular destination. The combinations could bring you two any of the seven Circles of Sin, the human world, Heaven, the intermediate realm, hell, or certain realms of pagan gods. Portals could only open up in certain areas, so guards closely protected each one, and any that didn't arrange beforehand were usually killed or captured upon entering.

Asmodea chanted:

"The door between worlds and realms

I call upon you to open your way

Towards the seven Circles of Sin

Towards the brazen Land of Lust"

Which each line, a stone in the circle began to glow until seemingly four random ones glowed in unison. Each stone's rune began to glow in blue, white, green, and purple light. Each light joined together and started to expand at the center of the circle. A watery like fluid that rippled constantly began to form at the center and expanded into a sphere that fit the circle of runes. Should someone enter through any part of the sphere, they would come out on the side of wherever their destination was.

Asmodea sniffed the sphere, "It has been forever since I could smell the air of my home. Far different than the pollutions of this land. So clean and musky... Ahhhhh."

Then a voice reached her ears, more like a shout, "Asmodea! Here we are!"

"Oh my, they weren't lying, there is a Fallen Angel there. I have not seen one in quite awhile."

Over the tree line of the park, Two sets of wings were flapping, a set of white bat like wings, and a set of black feathery wings. It was like a visual representation of an oxymoron.

"Oh? Finally here are you? I've prepared the portal."

Nerissa and Aureal made a soft landing, Lauren dropped gracefully, while Rainer fell like a lame donkey.

"I've never seen portal magic like this before..." Lauren was mystified.

"I had gathered the runes together before I met Rainer, so I was all ready to go. Be warned, your first time through may make you rather sick. Kind of like jet lag from a plane trip."

"Uh huh... I don't think I'll like my first trip through an inter-dimensional portal very well." Sighed Lauren.

"I've been through portals before, had to get through one to come here to meet my fiancée! How about you Aureal?"

"I fought in the last war between demon and angel, so of course. However, I never liked the feeling... Let's see, in a human analogy, it is like being sucked through a vacuum cleaner face first, while having every single part of your body being stretched in different directions. Master, please hold onto my hand and you will make it through ok."

"...Then hold onto me with your other hand husband, we should be safe."

"Alright, I'll go first, that way I can confirm with the guards on the other side that we are allowed to enter. Your personal guard should be waiting on the other side my lord."

"Personal guard? Eh? Oi! I have a personal guard?"

"Don't worry, they are quite the characters, you will like them."

Asmodea was the first one through the watery sphere; an afterimage of her appeared on the sphere before slowly disintegrating.

"Then I'll go next, I'll go without holding hands just for thrills." Lauren was the next to step into the sphere. Despite being a human (witch), she showed no fear. Rainer was rather impressed at her fortitude. Again, an afterimage of Lauren appeared before disintegrating.

"Very well. Master, Mistress. Let us step through the portal now."

"Eh? Can't we go on the count of thre- WHOA!" Suddenly, Rainer was forced through the sphere. He wasn't sure what he was seeing. He was glad he was holding hands with both Aureal and Nerissa on this extremely scary rollercoaster type experience. It was as if a blur of colors whizzed past him, though not in the normal portal like things he saw on a movie. As if he was moving at an extremely fast speed through world... No, universe. It looked like a spaceship going at beyond light speed in a science fiction movie or show. Although Rainer wasn't sure what he was seeing, that was how he imagined it.

Then suddenly, the trip was over. He was still, and he could feel two warm embraces on both of his hands with must be Aureal and Nerissa. The air tasted odd, foreign in a way, however, much crisper than what it tasted like in his hometown.

"Come on, let's get up now! I've never been to the Land of Lust before."

"I've only been to the Sands of Sloth in the war. But this place... Is different, master, look."

Rainer let go of the hands and stood up, rubbed his eyes before taking a look at the scenery only found in fantasy stories. It was nothing like he expected, no burning pits, no lava flows, nothing so horrific, it was actually the most peaceful bit of scenery he could have imagined.

Snow-capped mountains dotted the horizon, green forests off to the sides, a large lake off to his left. He saw no normal animals or plants, but that's to be expected of a different world. He saw a weird bird like animal off to a rock twelve meters in front of him; it had no feathers, nor was its wings like a bat. Instead, its wings were made of a weird transparent membrane that fluttered in the wind. Its mouth had three razor sharp fangs protruding from it. It had a long tail, which seemed to flap around like a cat. If all fauna was as weird as this one, he had a lot to look forward to.

"My lord, I am sorry to interrupt your gaze, as this land is quite beautiful, but I must introduce to you four important individuals. And already we have a crisis if Rouge's information is correct."

"Ah, you said I had a personal guard? A bit overboard isn't it?"

Rainer shifted his gaze towards Asmodea and the four people next to her.

"First, let me introduce, Tozomat. He was guarding the... Grimoire for us. He knows a unique art known as 'shadow manipulation' for when he fights." Asmodea gestured at the first man next to her.

"I am pleased to make your acquaintance my lord, I will do my best to meet your needs." Tozomat's voice was calm, and it sounded older than he actually looked. He looked about 35 something years, but knowing demons, he was probably five thousand years old. He had dark bluish horns curving from the back of his head under his ears. His skin was tinted a dark blue like the horns. Rainer saw no wings or tail, as he was a normal demon and not an incubus. He had a normal build, one suited to a man that looked his age. He was wearing a black suit without a tie. He also had dress shoes, black gloves, and a blue pendant.

"Next to him is Teras, she's probably the most powerful of magic wielders in the Land of Lust, except for you now. She will be training you to use your magic properly. She is a succubus"

"Not probably! I AM the most powerful mage in not only this land, BUT all the other circles as well. I'm SO happy to meet you Lord Rainer. I'll be THE best teacher ever." Teras spoke with extreme confidence, almost like the delusions of a preschooler. She had purple skin, purple horns, purple wings, and a purple tail. She had at least c cup breasts bundled away in her clothes. Her clothes were a purple dress with white lace and frills. She carried an open purple umbrella that also had its own lace along the edges. She even had purple eyes, lips, and light purple hair. She was all about the color purple. Her face held a smile at all times, she had an almost childish look about her.

"This is Caetorum. He is a very skilled warrior despite his blindness. He is an incubus though he has no wings."

"I live to serve."

As Asmodea said, Caetorum was blind. A silver cloth was wrapped around the eye sockets. A rapier and a dagger were both fastened at his waist. He wore black robes that covered his entire body except for his head. He had blue horns and skin, he also had a tail that came out a hole in his robes, the tail even had a rather wicked looking harpoon look on it. However, Rainer saw no wings like Asmodea said, why was that? He was rather slender, but it was hard to tell what was under his robes. The only very odd thing Rainer noticed about Caetorum was that he was perched on top of a tall rock, the tallest rock in the immediate area. He was standing upright as if it was nothing.

"And this here is the succubus, Little Rouge. Just call her Rouge... And let's just say that she likes to kill bad people."

"That's meannnnnn! I don't just like to killlll people. I like the fight that leads up to killing!" A rather happy looking succubus was bouncing up and down next to Teras and Caetorum's rock. Perhaps she was related to Teras? They both seem that way. Rouge, as her named suggested, had rouge colored skin. Her rouge horns curved into a likeness of a bull. Rouge was wearing normal human clothes. At least ones that emphasized her breasts and butt. Rainer forced himself to not stare at her breasts that were already large enough under her clothes. She had to at least have an f cup, but squished under her clothes, they looked larger than Asmodea's own breasts.

"There is actually a sixth member of the personal guard, but the reason why she is not here... Is the reason of the crisis I mentioned earlier. I will explain that later in any case. We should get you some sleep. The four of you, please follow me to our new residence. It is behind those mountains in the distance." Asmodea then began her way down a cobbled pathway that led to one of the mountains in the distance. "There is a secret passage along these mountains that we use to get from the palace to the portal here in emergencies."

Rainer followed Asmodea, Nerissa walked next to Rainer, arm in hand. Lauren and Aureal followed close by, admiring the sights. Of the four demons that greeted them, only the one named Tozomat followed the group. Teras stood where she was as she drank a cup of tea that appeared out of nowhere. Little Rouge jumped off the hill they were on and began flying in the opposite direction, apparently on a mission of importance. Caetorum apparently wasn't much for long trips with groups of people as he headed for the same mountains Rainer was going towards, but in his own way, which involved jumping from rock to rock to tree branch like some ninja squirrel.

Along the ways, Rainer admired the scenery. He was still amazed at how beautiful the place was despite being a home for demons. There were normal pine trees that intermixed with what must have been natural demonic flora. One tree for instance, instead of leaves or pine needles, had long vines that hung from each branch. There were even weird flowers that grew from the trunks of other trees. He also saw an odd animal that looked like a miniature velociraptor, but with fur.

TheTask
TheTask
909 Followers
12