The Lunar Life Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Initially, you wanted us to have this so called date, even though you knew that we shouldn't be getting involved with one another in that sort of way. Can I know why?" He was curious. He wanted to know the driving force that would make a person do something that they knew had almost no hope.

"I already told you, I was tired of hiding. I still am. I thought that maybe it shouldn't matter. So what if I was gay, I should be able to live the way I want to." Thane paused, looking to Will, boring into his soul with those silver orbs. "I looked at you and I thought, maybe it would be worth it. Maybe you, would be worth it."

"But I'm not."

"I've known you for only three days Will, and yet those three days were the only days of my life that I had ever been completely honest with someone. With you I don't feel like I'm some mistake. I don't know about you, but to me that makes it worth it." Thane said.

Will closed his eyes, sighing. "I get it Thane but...how are we even gonna do this? Your reputation as an elite is at stake. I have just agreed to become an elite. I have enough eyes on me as it is, expecting me to become this version of myself that I never knew was possible. I don't need added pressures weighing down on me right now, at least not until I have some of everything that is happening to me figured out."

Just like that, reality was introduced back into the picture. Sure Thane would have loved to just fuck everything and go for what he wanted, but the simple truth was that he couldn't. He had said it before and he had to remind himself then. Being elite, everything about you is being judged.

"Can I at least ask you something?" Will didn't speak, waiting for Thane to continue. "If we didn't have to deal with all this, and in some strange universe, we could be whoever we wanted to be without a second thought, would I be able to hope for anything with you?" Thane stopped. He knew that in another world, he would have jumped at the opportunity for anything with Will, but he wanted to know if the feeling was mutual. He wanted to know, if Will saw him as important as he saw Will.

"Without so much as a stutter." Will said.

"I guess I can be contented with that. So, we're cool?" Thane asked.

"Yeah." Will said, getting off the couch.

"Wait, where are you going?" Thane asked, when he noticed Will about to leave.

"Aren't we done here?"

"Well yeah but, we can always hang out. You know, like friends."

"You sure you want us to be closer than we already are? It's just gonna make it more difficult you know." Will said.

"I know but please, stay. For the company." Thane said. Will contemplated taking a rain check, what with everything that had taken place that day, he felt that it was best if they had some distance. The look that Thane gave Will however, made him return to his seat.

"So, got a nice movie or something?" Will said, making Thane smile.

They spent the evening watching a classic movie; Alien by Ridley Scott. It was that night that Will learnt that Thane loved both horror and sci-fi movies as much as he did, something he didn't mind having in common with the elite. No one Will knew personally, liked horror movies and finding out that Thane was a horror buff was refreshing.

Ultimately though, Will was tired and he found himself dozing off halfway through the movie. Thane saw this, smiling at the sight of Will's head bobbing up and down as he drifted in and out of sleep. Eventually, sleep consumed Will as he lay his head down on the couch. Thinking that Will probably didn't want to watch the movie any longer, Thane turned the film off.

Looking down at the peaceful sleeping form of the man in front of him, Thane couldn't help but smile at the sight. He got up and walked over to Will, picking him up as gently as possible, careful not to wake him up. Will stirred a little but otherwise, remained asleep. In his half sleep, Will curled closer to the warmth he felt surrounding him, nuzzling his nose into the comfortable heat. Thane blushed when Will placed his hand over his heart, letting it rest there, feeling the heat of Will's palm on his chest.

He pushed ahead though, carrying Will to his own room. Pushing the door open with his foot, he eased into the bedroom, heading straight for the bed. By this time, Will had woken up but kept his eyes closed, feeling extremely comforted by the warmth of Thane's body. He liked it. He couldn't say it out loud, but he admitted it to himself.

Carefully laying him down on the bed, Thane pulled the duvet over Will's sleeping form, not knowing that he was awake. "How you have change me, you don't even know." Thane whispered, before bending forward and giving Will a quick peck on the forehead. At this, Will opened his eyes, catching Thane off guard. "I'm sorry." Thane said quickly, turning to walk away, but not before Will grabbed his hand.

"You changed me in the same way." Will said, pulling Thane closer. As if on instinct, Thane knew what Will wanted. He bent down, planting a small kiss on Will's lips. A quick sweet kiss, no longer than a second, and yet in a way, their most important kiss yet. The kiss that kind of said sorry and goodbye all in one.

"Goodnight Will, and thank you."

"Goodnight Thane."

12