The Lunar Life Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Will, you need to reverse the nano bots. Dart said that they had the ability to heal cells too." At Varek's words, Will turned his attention to Dart'ss console, sprinting as fast as he could to the interface. He stared at the screens, trying to make sense of what was in front of him. To the right, he spotted Thane's vitals chart, seeing the line that correlated to his heart rate. A small comfort to Will was noticing that it wasn't a flat line but a ventricular fibrillation, basically meaning a quivering heart. He wasn't totally gone yet.

Scanning the screen, he finally saw the small button at the bottom of the screen, tapping it and revealing a long list of options to perform on Thane's BIC. He spotted the option labeled NB, Will assumed referred to the nano bots, clicking it which led to another list of options. Frustration built up in Will, feeling like this was taking forever, time being a luxury that Thane didn't have.

Scanning the list, he finally saw the option labeled repair. He clicked it, looking up to Thane's body, expecting, hoping to see something happen. Thane's body stayed motionless.

"Shit, I can hear security approaching Will. I don't..." Varek abruptly cut off.

"Varek?" Will asked, but there was no reply. He was alone again.

He brought his eyes to the vitals chart, wishing that the VF rhythm would correct to a normal sinus rhythm with the help of the nano bots. When nothing happened, he knew he needed to do something; standing there wasn't helping. He had learned a lot as a nurse, surely he could apply what he knew.

Running over to Thane's body, he knelt down beside him, immediately commencing CPR. He started his chest compressions, giving a couple breaths after each cycle. By this time, tears were starting to flow from Will's eyes, dripping onto the fabric of Thane's shirt. "C'mon Thane, you can't leave me like this. You can't die on me."

Checking Thane's pulse again, he felt himself snapping when there was still none. He cursed the fact that there wasn't a defibrillator around; an AED or something. Like having an epiphany, he remembered the whip lying behind him.

Grabbing the apparatus, he brought it to him, smashing it onto the ground with as much force as possible. The whip broke apart, each segment of the whip disconnecting from the next, wires running though the centre unraveling. He recalled Varek mentioning that the segments comprised of alternating cathodes and anodes, so he figured that if he did this correctly, he could fashion a crude AED.

He brought two adjacent segments, placing one by Thane's right collarbone, the other at the base of Thane's left rib cage. He dialed down the voltage on the whip, not wanting to overload Thane's body, which could inevitably kill him instead. Taking a deep breath, Will pressed the button on the whip, sending electricity coursing though Thane, his body twitching slightly from the jolt.

Desperation climbed to levels Will had never felt before. He needed this to work. The thought of losing Thane scared Will so much, even more than losing his own life. Checking for Thane's pulse, Will hoped that it worked, wanting only to be able to feel a pulse, but still, nothing.

"No, c'mon Thane. Fight for me." Will cried, turning the knob on the whip, increasing the voltage, pushing the button once again, sending Thane's body jerking slightly. "You have to come back.

"I...I love you."