The Makeup Artist Ch. 04

Story Info
Christina Milian at the Video Music Awards.
11.7k words
4.75
21k
4

Part 4 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/05/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following is a fictional parody, not approved of, nor authorized by, the celebrities named.

None of the events are true.

This fictitious parody is protected speech under Hustler Magazine, Inc., et. al. v. Jerry Falwell.

No harm is intended toward the celebrities named.

Furthermore, publication of any and all trademarks contained herein are not authorized by, associated with, nor sponsored by the trademark owners.

~~~

Chapter 4: Christina Milian at the Video Music Awards.

~~~

I pulled up in the hotel shuttle van and beheld the majestic Palms Hotel. My plane touched down nearly an hour ago and I marveled at the golden sunrise that framed the Las Vegas skyline. Though it was early Sunday morning, the air was electric and I absorbed every bit of the energy that radiated from the city streets.

I was amazed at my good fortune. "Lady Luck? You with me, Mama?" I teased. I was definitely looking forward to completing this job, earning a considerable fee and gaining even more recognition as a makeup artist.

~~~

The past few months had been pretty damn awesome. I started my makeup artistry company in New York City, averaging about one or two jobs a week. I even scored jobs working with the incredible Beyonce Knowles and the extremely talented Ciara.

When I was new to being self-employed, that was about all I could handle. Once I became much more comfortable and had much more confidence in my work, I needed new challenges and more of them.

After a couple of months of steady work in New York's fashion industry doing smaller photo shoots and fashion shows, I got a lucky break. I scored a job in Miami working with Gabrielle Union. Soon after, I decided to relocate there. The water, the beaches, the sun, the warmth and the atmosphere all made me feel like I was in paradise.

Fortunately, I was able to snag many makeup artistry jobs in Miami. I busied myself with the numerous smaller-scale fashion shows, photo shoots, conventions and other events that were always being held in the Magic City.

I also started developing outlines for several projects I wanted to complete one day. I wanted to design both a how-to book and a DVD series that would teach various makeup techniques. I loved beautifully styled women, so I thought it would be the perfect outlet for my passion. I also wanted to form my own cosmetics company and develop a makeup line that featured rich, vibrant colors for medium to darker skin tones. I even thought about designing a calendar based on my best pictures.

Now I was in Las Vegas doing makeup for an international pop star at a worldwide music event. After the fast-pace of NYC and the busyness of Miami, I was ready for the ultimate in excitement. And where better to experience that than here in Vegas?

MTV was hosting the 2007 Video Music Awards here at the Palms. The VMAs, as they were popularly known, were always a wild event, and totally unpredictable. All types of people, from musicians to athletes to models to everyday folk, would descend on Sin City to party their asses off.

~~~

As I was about to let myself out of the vehicle, the door opened.

The sharply dressed concierge greeted me with a warm smile and a small bouquet of flowers. "Ms. Nikii Clarke?"

"Yes?"

"Welcome to the Palms Hotel. We've been expecting you. How was your flight?"

"Great, thanks," I said, as he helped me step out of the van.

"Ms. Milian is upstairs and she's expecting you. Once you check in, we'll bring your bags and show you to your room."

I smiled when I heard her name. Christina Milian, the international pop and R &B star, was asked to host the pre-show for the VMAs. Her numerous records and films topped the charts all over the world. I loved her style and I enjoyed meeting her previously in Miami.

"Thank you so much," I beamed. I certainly didn't expect such an elaborate welcome, so I was a bit giddy.

As the hotel staff unloaded my luggage, I caught my reflection in the hotel's glass doors. I knew the insane heat would be in effect, so I made sure to dress light, but still stylish.

I wore a thin, lacy camisole top to keep cool in the desert heat. Its deep violet color looked radiant against my satiny brown skin. White shorts and deep violet sandals added to my casual look.

As a stylish accent, I wore a few pieces of jewelry, including my brand new sorority pendant. I purchased the elegant piece with part of the proceeds from my Gabrielle Union shoot. The small, pink rose pendant on a thin gold chain hung deliciously between my full breasts.

Amethyst gemstones affixed to gold hairclips gathered my black, wavy, shoulder-length hair off of my face. However, only out of the van for a few moments, beads of sweat already dotted my forehead.

I quickly went to the front desk, accompanied by a handsome bellhop with my luggage in tow. A pretty Black woman with a gorgeous smile and a generous bosom took my information. As she deftly typed on her computer keyboard, I noticed her name badge: Monica. I definitely needed to keep that for reference.

Her seductive voice brought me back from my brief reverie. "Yes, Ms. Clarke. I have your info right here. You're in Room 608. And you have a roommate, Jasmin Ramirez." She typed again. "And I see there's a message here for you. You're to report to Ms. Milian's room, Suite 3602, by 8am."

Checking my watch, that gave me just thirty minutes to freshen up.

Thanking Monica, and winking at her for good measure, the bellhop and I quickly went up to my room. As he unloaded my luggage, all I had time to do was quickly freshen up, brush my hair and touch up my makeup. Thanking the bellhop with a generous tip, I bid him goodbye, grabbed my case and my photo book, which I'd updated with the Gabrielle Union pictures, and hurried up to Christina's room.

Knocking firmly, I thanked the Universe that I was ten minutes early. Through the door, I could hear several voices, along with the distinctive sound of a blow dryer. I smiled. Her glam squad was in full effect.

As I was about to knock again, a slim Hispanic woman opened the door.

"Nikii!" she exclaimed.

"Hey Jasmin!" I was so glad to see a familiar face. Taking a closer look, however, I was immediately entranced by her sensuality.

Jasmin Ramirez, Christina's lead stylist, was a statuesque Latin beauty, towering over me at a full six feet tall. Her flawless olive skin was luminous, set off beautifully by long, jet-black hair that hung wild, tousled and curly all the way down her back. Her chestnut eyes sparkled as she gave me a friendly hug. I first met her in Miami at Gabrielle Union's shoot and her smile was as bright now as it was then.

Though I adored Jasmin's exotic features, I sensed a lot more going on inside of her. I even felt it back when we first met, but the busyness of the day made it impossible to talk to her. Now that we were together again, I looked forward to us getting much better acquainted.

"Come on in, Chica!" Her cute accent rang sweetly in my ears.

As I walked in, I noticed how busy it was.

Jasmin introduced me to Tonya Jessup, Christina's manager, who was talking furiously into her cell phone. Tonya's adorable smile framed her cinnamon brown face perfectly. I also loved her natural hair, elaborately twisted into lengthy dark-brown locs.

I also met Kurtis Dunbar, Christina's hairstylist, and Wanda Newsome, who was in charge of her wardrobe.

Kurtis wore an expensive, midnight-black silk shirt and slacks set. His smooth, dark brown skin glittered like the silver and turquoise Native American-inspired jewelry he donned on his neck and wrists. His warm smile immediately put me at ease.

Wanda, almost buried in several racks of clothing stationed at the back of the room, frantically pulled together various outfits while shaking her head in exasperation. Her rich, pecan colored skin caught my attention immediately. Her petite body was clad in a cute white tee and skin-tight jeans. Several strands of her hair, cut into a short, feathered style, bounced wildly as she fluttered around making sure Christina had the perfect outfits.

Christina sat in the middle of the room in a hard-backed chair, with a decided frown on her face. She wore a hot pink bathrobe with matching slippers. The vibrant color made her golden brown skin gleam.

"Hey Nikii! Thanks for coming!" she called out to me while Kurtis used a round brush and a hand-held hairdryer to tame her curly ringlets and make them bone-straight.

All of a sudden, she winced in pain as the round brush tugged on her lengthy tresses. "Ouch!" I gave her a sympathetic look, but was grateful that I wasn't the one wielding the hurtful instrument. Beauty could be brutal sometimes.

Clicking off her phone, Tonya grabbed a clipboard and called us to attention; her long locs swinging. Kurtis quickly shut off the hairdryer.

"Ok, everybody. Christina's schedule is pretty jam-packed today, so I'll need everyone's cooperation."

Tonya paused to collect her thoughts. "Ok. Christina's due on the red carpet to do the MTV Pre-Show interviews no later than 6pm. But first, she has an interview and photo shoot with Life & Style Magazine at 10am. Thankfully, they'll take place right here in the hotel at the pool. Next is a series of phone interviews with several radio stations across the country. Those'll be conducted right here in her room from 12pm to 2pm. Then we'll have a quick lunch and maybe some free time."

Glancing at her schedule, her brow furrowed. "Well, maybe not."

We all laughed.

Tonya continued. "We'll start getting her ready for the red carpet at 3:30pm, so she can hit the floor at 5:30pm sharp. Now, about the content for today's interviews and for any other press: She's not due in the studio until later this year, so the new album is secondary. The main focus today is twofold: Christina's new endorsement deal with L'Oreal cosmetics and the new movie she's shooting in a few weeks. For your reference, it's called Southern Hospitality, starring Jamie Foxx and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Christina's character is Dream, a shy southern belle turned diva-ish Hollywood actress."

She paused to let everything sink in. "Is everyone clear about today's schedule?"

Everyone nodded his or her assent, including Christina. I smiled inwardly at how cute and agreeable she was. As I admired her delicate features, a heated rush of passion raced through me. Enjoying the delicious feeling, I knew that trying to keep my composure around this exquisite beauty would be a formidable task.

Tonya then turned to me. "Nikii? I need you to get your equipment ready. Kurtis will be done with Christina's hair shortly. Then she'll have her final fitting. At that point, I'll need you to make her up carefully, but quickly. Then she'll get dressed. I want her down to the shoot by 9:45, so they can start at 10am sharp.

She then reached into her briefcase and handed me a stack of papers. "In the meantime, please fill out these forms so I can get you paid at the end of the night."

As thrilled as I was about my payment, I was even more thrilled with the opportunity to get to know Jasmin better. While we waited for Kurtis to finish Christina's hair, she and I compared notes for Christina's makeup. We immediately hit it off and began talking about beauty and fashion in general, with us soon moving to more complicated, more complex topics. She was well versed in many subjects and I found that talking to this fascinating creature was a delight.

Kurtis continued his work on Christina's hair until it was sleek and silky straight. He added a few curls at the crown to give her hair volume and a bit of flair. Once he was done, Christina looked in the mirror. She shook her head and the golden strands fluttered around her face. "Perfect," she smiled. Her soft voice sent a delicious thrill through me.

"How about these outfits for this morning's shoot?" Wanda called out from behind one of the clothing racks. First, she pulled out a dazzling white silk caftan decorated with tiny rhinestones. "This she can wear lying poolside in the chaise lounge."

Next she pulled out a sparkling gold satin bikini. "This is for the shots in the pool and at the water's edge." The thin, gilded fabric, trimmed with tiny, hand-sewn gold beads, would look simply divine against Christina's naturally golden skin.

Wanda also showed us a few more outfits that Christina could use as backup pieces.

"All of those outfits are gorgeous!" Christina exclaimed.

"Great. I like them too," Jasmin said. "But what about the dress for tonight? Her red carpet dress?"

"It's over here." Wanda jogged across the room to grab a garment bag hanging on the bathroom door. Unzipping the bag, she pulled out a gorgeous red strapless mini dress. As an accent, tiny red sequins were sown in rose patterns across the bodice. The beautiful fabric glittered brightly and I knew it would be perfect for her. "Ta Da!" Wanda giggled.

Christina oohed and ahhed at the stunning dress. "A red dress for the red carpet? I likey!" she cooed.

Wanda quickly fit Christina into the white silk caftan. The sheer, flowing fabric swirled around her lithe frame. The highlight of the garment was its jeweled buttons up the front, most of which were left unbuttoned, displaying Christina's creamy honey-brown skin. The hem of the garment hit high up on her firm, silky thighs.

Wanda then used a thin rhinestone belt to cinch Christina's tiny waist. Rhinestone-studded four-inch heels gave her calves a sultry, sexy look. Christina twirled in the mirror as we all stopped and stared. She was truly a vision of beauty.

Wanda plotted a few last-minute alterations, then Christina slipped out of the caftan and back into the plush robe, so that my makeup application wouldn't ruin her outfit.

"Ok, Nikii. You're up next," Christina said as she sat back down. "Work your magic."

I stood right behind her chair looking at our reflection in the mirror, one of my brushes in hand. "Do you have something specific in mind?" I asked. I also glanced across the room at Jasmin and Tonya for their input.

Christina spoke first. "I want to add sparkle to match the rhinestones in the white outfit. And I'm going to need golden tones for the gold bikini. I really liked those crystals you gave to Gabby." Then her voice lowered to a whisper. "In fact, I want the exact same treatment you gave to Gabrielle."

What? Did Gabrielle- She didn't- She wouldn't have-

Then Christina crossed her legs and winked.

Yes, Gabrielle did. Damn. But how mad was I really gonna get?

"Later, Sweetie," I whispered. She nodded.

Smiling, I went back to work.

Christina's skin was amazingly clear and smooth, so all she needed was just a touch of concealer and foundation. I wanted her eyes to be dramatic so I used a pearl eyeshadow at her browbone, with a deeper sable brown tone on the eyelid. For extra shimmer, I used a bit of champagne colored eyeshadow in the inside corner of her eyes. I applied a full set of false eyelashes followed by several coats of jet-black mascara. For her cheeks, I used a light coral blush that gave her a radiant glow. Finally, I added a sparkly pink lipcolor and gloss to make her lips pop.

Christina smiled at her reflection in the mirror. "I really like it, Nikii." She touched my hand and looked me straight in the eye. "Gabrielle said you were the best."

I couldn't help but blush.

"You look great, Christina," Jasmin said. "And you, Nikii? Nice work. You too, Kurtis."

"Yes, it's very good," Tonya added. "Ok everyone. It's 9:30. Let's pack up all the outfits, along with her robe and slippers, and everyone get their stuff together so we can go."

~~~

Once down at the pool, we met up with the staff from Life & Style Magazine. The photo shoot would be done first, with the interview worked in between.

Christina carefully slipped out of her robe and into the white outfit. Several of the top buttons were still left undone, giving her an undeniable sexiness.

The photographer already had his equipment set up, so Christina took a few test shots right away. Once the set and the lighting were perfect, she launched into the first half of the shoot. She decided to recline poolside in a plush lounge chair, where she moved comfortably from pose to pose.

The open buttons of the silky material displayed her soft, light brown skin. Heat rose in me quickly as I gazed at her soft skin.

I glanced over at Jasmin. Her eyes were fixed on Christina. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as I noticed her breathing quickening. Her hard nipples caught my attention and my mouth watered. She looked at me. Smiling, I went over to her and we both admired Christina's loveliness.

"She's gorgeous, isn't she," I said under my breath.

She lightly pinched my arm. "Yes. But so are you."

My dark skin blushing scarlet, I couldn't speak.

Once the first set of shots was complete, I removed Christina's makeup and we quickly changed her into the gold bikini. The satiny material clung seductively to every curve in her gorgeous body. Its tiny gold beads perfectly decorated both the outline of the fabric and the outline of Christina's soft, supple breasts.

Her thick nipples hardened with the light breeze and I licked my lips in anticipation. The image of those taut gems being teased by my tongue flashed in front of me. I had to blink twice to clear the picture from my brain.

I wanted something special for her new look. After prepping her skin, I added a glittery honey-gold shadow to her eyes, coupled with more black mascara. I used a light bronzer on her cheeks for a splash of color. On her lips, I used a gold moisturizing lipstick with just a hint of gloss. Also, as with Gabrielle, I wanted a special accent for her eyes. I used eyelash glue to affix a number of tiny gold beads I'd gotten several weeks ago at a craft store to the corners of her eyes.

Her sparkling eyes were a perfect complement to her sparkling personality and the sparkling bikini. As a bonus, I quickly added two coats of gold nail polish to her fingers and toes. Then I applied a quick spray of sunscreen to protect her delicate skin. As a final touch, I sprayed her entire body with a gold-infused body oil. Her golden skin and hair absolutely gleamed in the Vegas sun. She reminded me of a regal golden goddess, the finest of royalty.

Once ready, Christina immediately lay down at the pool's edge and took the first round of photos. She dipped her toes into the cool water and splashed them playfully. Then she turned the tables and began to pose seductively, her curvy body looking delicious in the blazing sun.

Once she hit the water, her once-straight hair began to revert back into seductive spirals. The curly ringlets cascaded over her shoulders. A few loose strands fell over one eye, giving her a seductive look that made the entire photo shoot take a more sensual turn.

Soon the shots were finished and she wrapped the robe around herself and studied each of the frames on the laptop monitor. Pleased with all but a few of the shots, she quickly decided to reshoot some of the film and make several modifications.

She directed Kurtis and me to make small changes to her hair and makeup. As we did so, Jasmin and Wanda made a few alterations to the outfits.

Meanwhile, in the middle of all the chaos, she conducted the interview, candidly answering some of the questions, artfully dodging others and successfully promoting her upcoming projects.

I was impressed with Christina's definite ideas about her image. Even though the style team was free to make suggestions, it was clear that Christina was in the driver's seat.

As it turned out, her style choices worked well. Once ready, she hit several chic poses and came away with twenty to thirty additional usable frames.