The Man Of The House

Story Info
Young man takes over dad's duties.
7.9k words
4.55
372.1k
303
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dad is a career military man and is away on some top secret government assignment way more often than he is at home. At least, he says he is. Consequently, Mom and I never lived on a military base after I started school. And we never got to accompany him on any of his assignments. She opted to move in with her parents out in Arkansas. The town was so small that it didn't even have a fucking Wal Mart. When I was ten, Mom moved the two of us to San Diego. I am now nineteen and am attending a nearby community college. I don't really have a major as of yet but, if anyone asked me, I would tell them I was leaning towards wanting to be a teacher.

Mom and I got along great with each other. We rarely disagreed about much of anything. She pretty well kept to herself, often telling me that she didn't need all that many friends because she had her handsome young son to take care of her. Then, the day after my twentieth birthday, the shit hit the fan.

It was Friday. My last class of the day was over and I was anxious to get home. Friday's was always pizza night. When we were sufficiently stuffed we would retreat to her bedroom to watch a movie. Mom chose the bedroom over the living room because it was more comfortable for her to lay in bed instead of sitting on the sofa. Often times I would lay down behind her. When I did she would wiggle around until her backside was pressed into my groin and her back was against my chest. I always propped myself up on my elbow so I could see. More often than not, my free hand would be resting on her hip. She never said anything, so I guess it didn't bother her all that much. She never said anything about the boner I always seem to develop, either.

When the movie was over, we would kiss each other good night and I would rush off to my bedroom to beat off. I couldn't help it. Lying in such close proximity to each other always made me horny beyond belief. It was always a quick session with me cumming after only a few strokes, so I never really had time to fantasize about Mom all that much.

My cock was beginning to twitch in anticipation when I stepped on the porch but, it quickly lost its ambition the moment I opened the door.

"Damn the luck," I muttered to myself as I looked across the room. Dad was home!

He stood near the swinging batwing doors that separated the living room from the kitchen, his suitcase in hand.

"Leaving already?" I asked.

"'Fraid so, son, he said as Mom entered from the kitchen. "'Fraid so."

I could see that Mom had been crying. She looked a little angry, too. I was about to ask what was wrong when she spoke.

"Tell him why," she said, her voice full of bitterness.

Dad gulped as he silently looked first at Mom and then at me.

"Go ahead, you son-of-a-bitch," Mom demanded. "Tell him why."

Dad never said a word. He just turned and walked toward me. He stopped long enough to give me a hug and whisper in my ear, "Take care of your mother. She's gonna need you." And, just like that, he was out the door. Gone!

I shuffled the few steps over to Mom, put my arms around her and gave her a hug. "It's gonna be okay, Mom," I told her. "Whatever it is, we'll get through it. Just like we always do.

Mom sniffled and cleared her throat. "I don't know, Terry. I just don't know." She nestled her face into my shoulder and began to sob.

I never said a word. I just let her cry while I caressed the back of her head with one hand and rubbed her back and shoulders with the other.

Gradually, the sobbing subsided, slowly fading into an occasional sniffle. I heard her take a deep breath. Her voice trembled as she spoke. "He's found someone else."

What?" I queried. I could hardly believe what I had just heard. "Who? How? Why?"

"He just came in," Mom began. "Bastard didn't even sit down. He just waltzed on in and said he was leaving. He said he had met someone in the Philippines that he'd fallen in love with. He just came by long enough to get a few things."

"Probably some whore," I said matter-of-factly.

Mom pulled herself from my embrace and looked up at me, her face full of questions I didn't know if I could answer or not.

"I was faithful to him," she said. "I had several chances, but I was faithful. Dammit, I was faithful to that no good bastard!"

I pulled her back into my embrace and kissed her on the ear. I felt her shiver.

"Is there something wrong with me?" she asked. Mom shook her head as if to clear her thoughts. "Why?"

"Dad's a fool," I told her. "Why, any man that got a good look at you would want you."

"Any man 'cept your father," Mom said.

"He's a fool," I repeated.

I held her at arms' length and gave her body the once over. "You're beautiful," I told her. "You've got a perfect body. And," I said, trying to make her smile, "you've got a rack that any sensible man would salivate over."

Mom looked me in the eye and blushed. "You shouldn't say things you don't mean, son."

"Honest, Mom, not one of my friends' mothers even come close to measuring up to you. If you weren't my mother, I'd be on you in a New York second."

Mom's face registered a bit of shock and I immediately began to apologize. Then, for the first time since I'd come home, I saw a faint smile on her face. "Thanks," she gushed, "but I still think you're trying to bullshit the public."

"Tell you what," I said. "Just to prove to you that I ain't lying, why don't you go upstairs and put on some fresh make up. I should be finished cleaning up by the time you get back down here. Then we'll go out to eat instead of eating in like we usually do on Friday's. What do you say?"

Though she protested, I could see in her eyes that Mom was warming up to the idea of spending a night out instead of being cooped up in this small two bedroom apartment that had shrunk considerably since Dad had so unceremoniously burst her bubble.

Mom brushed a stray strand of hair away from her eyes. "But, I must look a fright," she charged. "And I'm sure you really don't want to be seen out in public with a frumpy old housewife like me."

"Mom!" I sighed. "How many times and how many ways do I have to tell you that you're wrong? You're the most beautiful thirty eight year old woman I know. You've got another hundred years before you have to worry about being frumpy."

Mom's face took on an excited look. A look that I hadn't seen in quite some time. Then I delivered the piece de resistance. "Besides, we haven't celebrated my birthday yet."

She threw up her hands in surrender. "Okay," she said. "You win."

"Great!" I replied. "I'll be ready in five minutes!" I turned to go to my room.

"Slow down, slugger," Mom said as she grabbed my shoulder and gently spun me back around. "Rules have changed just a bit."

I just stood there dumbfounded, unable to comprehend what she was saying.

"If we're gonna celebrate your birthday, we're gonna do it right. And it sure won't be in no pizza joint." She leaned in and kissed me on my right cheek. Now you go take a shower and put on your Sunday best. We're going to take this town by storm!" Her excitement was contagious.

"Where we going that's so all fired important that I dress up?" I asked.

"Ain't gonna tell you," Mom said with a wink. "It's a surprise." She pushed me away and swatted me on the butt when I turned and headed to my room.

"Git," she said with an added chuckle. "And don't come back here until you're presentable!"

"Okay. Okay," I said with a laugh as I turned my head and gave her a broad smile. For the moment, at least, Mom seemed to have put Dad completely out of her mind. I was happy for her, but I knew that her feelings of despair and helplessness would return with a vengeance. It was just a matter of time. Right then and there, I purposed in my mind to do whatever it took to keep her happy and content.

After showering, I went to my closet and thumbed through my clothes, quickly settling on a white dress shirt, a light blue pair of dress pants and a dark blue blazer. Since I didn't cotton to wearing a tie unless I absolutely had to, I decided to go tieless. I slid my feet into a pair of black socks and then into a pair of black patent leather shoes. I was ready to go.

I stepped into the living room just in time to see Mom's descent down the stairs. I gave her a loud wolf whistle. She curtsied once she had negotiated the last step and smiled. Mom looked absolutely radiant in her knee length navy blue cocktail dress with a v-shaped neckline that plunged deeply into the middle of her breasts.

In her left hand, she clutched a small purse that matched the color of her dress. A three stranded string of dazzlingly beautiful pearls hung from her neck. Oh, yeah. Did I mention her three inch black stiletto heels and her coffee colored nylons?

"I guess that means you approved," she said as my gaze made multiple trips up and down her body.

I was inwardly embarrassed when I caught myself wondering if she was wearing panty hose or regular stockings and a garter. "Maybe they're the 'stay up by themselves' kind," I said to myself.

Before I could think about what I was saying I further embarrassed myself when I said, "Do I? Mom, you look good enough to eat."

Mom tittered and said in a low, sultry voice, "You don't look so bad yourself, tiger." She emphasize her statement with a low growl.

We laughed and giggled all the way to the driveway where Mom tossed me the keys. Again, I was temporarily dumbfounded as I stood by my beat up old Ford Escort. She had never let me drive her car before. Never!

"Might as well go in style," she told me. "Now, get over here and be the gentleman I know you are."

I clicked the key twice as I rushed over to do Mom's bidding. I opened the passenger side door, took her gently by the arm and helped her get situated. Her dress slid upwards, revealing a bit more of her nylon covered legs, but not enough to reveal what kind of nylons she was wearing. In spite of myself, my dick started tingling.

I closed the door to her Volvo and moved quickly to the other side and, for the first time ever, entered Mom's car from the driver's side. I fastened my seatbelt, put the key in the ignition and started the car. Before I backed out of the driveway, I turned towards Mom and simply asked her, "Why?"

"You're the man of the house now," she said. "And, that position does have its privileges."

"Okay, where to?" I asked after we had entered the street and I had put the car in drive.

"Keep going in this direction until I tell you to turn," Mom replied.

I followed her directions, turning when she told me to until she said, "Pull in there," as she casually pointed toward what was probably the most ritziest restaurant in town.

"Welcome to The Golden Harbor," the parking attendant said as I handed him the keys.

"Are you sure we can afford this?" I whispered to Mom as she placed her arm in mine.

She slightly raised her right eyebrow, smiled and then she nodded. "Tonight, we can afford anything," she said with a lilt to her voice.

"I see," I said. "Damn the consequences. We'll worry about that tomorrow." I gently nudged her in the side to let her know I was joking.

"You got that right, buster," Mom said, her voice still a bit high pitched. "Now escort me inside before I change my mind."

Once inside the restaurant the maître de escorted us to a table next to the dance floor. A small band was playing as a rather diminutive man with very little hair on his head was serenading us with a more than passable version of Frank Sinatra's "My Way."

We sat down and, right away, we both ordered a New York steak with mashed potatoes and a side dish of mixed vegetables. Mom wanted hers medium rare. Me? I'm more of a "well done" type of eater. I want my steaks cooked as done as you can get 'em without burning 'em. I asked the waiter for a glass of milk and a glass of sweet tea.

"Would the lady like to see the wine list?" he asked. Mom offered a very polite refusal and said, "I'll have the same as him."

"Very well, Madame. I'll bring your drinks right away."

Meanwhile the singer had finished and sat down while the band played on. The music was soft, slow and very sensuous.

Mom and I sat across the table from each other while we waited for our food. It came much sooner than I expected. After we had taken a couple of bites, I asked Mom if she wanted to dance. "Sure," she said with a smile. "Why not?"

Mom melded seamlessly into my arms and wrapped hers around my waist. We swayed to the music as I tried to keep a respectable distance between the two of us. It was Mom who made the first move.

"What are you afraid of," she asked as she pressed her breasts into my chest and her stomach ground against my groin. It didn't take long at all before I sprouted a massive boner. Mom's slight hesitation in her rhythm was the only indication that she was even aware of it. I damned near came in my pants as she ground herself against my extremely hard cock. I was saved a major embarrassment when the song ended and the sax player announced a short break.

We made our way back to our table to eat and wait for the next set. As soon as the band began playing again Mom and I were back out there dancing. This time, it was me who made the first move.

I pulled Mom tightly against me. She let her head rest on my shoulder. A few gyrations was all it took to sprout another woody. Feeling a bit bolder than before, I put my hands on her hips and pulled her even closer.

"Ummmm," she moaned. "This feels soooo nice."

I bent down to kiss her on her cheek, but she turned her face just in time for our lips to collide. I could feel her mouth open slightly. However, I kept mine closed. We held the kiss quite a bit longer than a mother/son kiss should be.

"Phewww," she said as she broke contact. "It's getting a bit warm in here. Don't you think?"

We finished the dance and went back to our table to finish our meal. Mom was barely done with wiping her mouth with her napkin when she suggested we get ourselves home.

"Still up for a movie?" I asked.

"You bet," Mom replied.

"Tell you what, Mom. We'll stop by the video store on the way home and I'll let you choose the movie. How's that?"

"Fine," she said as she asked the waiter for the check.

We stopped in the front on our way out so Mom could pay the bill and then we left. We waited curbside while the parking attendant brought Mom's car around. He held the door open while Mom sat down and swung her feet and legs inside the car. Once again I saw a great expanse of her nylon clad legs but, like earlier, her dress didn't slide high enough to show me what kind of nylons she was wearing. The parking attendant closed the door. I gave him a twenty, went around the back of the car to the other side, got in, fastened my seatbelt, and drove away.

At the video store, Mom and I browsed the selections. Unable to make up our minds, Mom suggested we check out the adult section. I was completely stunned.

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

"What's the matter, Terry? Don't tell me you don't watch a little porn once in a while."

"Once in a while?" I said to myself. "More like every chance I get." But this was different. I didn't think that your everyday run of the mill suburban mom would be caught dead watching porn. I guess I was wrong.

"I do," I stuttered. I just don't watch it with my mom, that's all."

"It'll be fun," she said as she grabbed me just below my right elbow and led me past the curtain into the "dirty movie" section where we saw several rows of DVD's that covered every subject from blowjobs to anal to lesbian sex and everything in between.

"What about this one?" Mom asked as she handed me DVD case. It was titled, "Sonshine For Mommy."

I didn't have to read the description to know what the movie was about. I looked at the case and then looked at my mom. Was she just teasing me or was she being serious? I took the case from her and pretended to read the back.

My dick was hard as a rock when I gave it back to her. "You're just teasing...right?"

Mom looked me in the face, briefly allowing her gaze to drift downward. She winked and said, "Serious as a heart attack."

I hesitated, still unable to grasp the idea that my own mother wanted to watch a porn movie with me.

"Come on," Mom implored. "It'll be fun; the two of us all curled up like we always do."

"Fun, my ass," I thought. "It'll be pure torture laying there with a boner I can do nothing with. With any luck at all, I'll have blue balls for a week."

Priapism was another word that came to mind. I could imagine the look on the doctor's face when I told him, "You see, Doc. I was watching this porno flick with my mother and..."

Finally, I could speak. "Okay, Mom," I told her. "I'll try most anything once."

"Good," Mom said. "It's settled. Let's get our tired butts home before I have a change of mind."

Mom paid the clerk for a two day rental and, once again we were on our way home. I still had no clue as to the style of nylons Mom was wearing.

Fortune must have been smiling down on us. Mom, me and my hard on made it home in one piece. As soon as we entered the house and the door was closed and lock Mom turned to me and kissed me on the lips. This time, when her lips opened, I pushed the tip of my tongue past them and into her mouth. I could feel the suction as she sucked it even farther inside, our tongues all the while slashing back and forth, jousting like the knights of old. Only difference was that our lances were a lot smaller and were made of human flesh.

I allowed Mom's tongue to chase mine back inside my own mouth where I clamped my lips around her tongue and sucked as hard as I possibly could. Mom ground her stomach against my raging, nearly out of control erection and groaned lustily.

"Ummmm," she said when we finally broke our kiss. "That came up out of the blue."

"Felt good, Mom," I told her. I licked my lips and leaned toward her, intent upon a repeat performance.

Mom put her hand on my chest to stop me. "Whoa, Tiger, We're gonna have to save that for later. Right now, I'm going to my room to change into something a bit more comfortable.

"And, you, my handsome son," she said as she caressed my cheek, "need to do likewise." She turned toward the stairs. "Come on up when you've finished," she said over her shoulder. "I should have everything setup by the time you get there."

"Hot damn!" I thought. "Did she really mean it when she said to save it for later?" My dick wouldn't stop twitching.

"Later. She said later." Those words created a constant swirl of unholy desire within my mind as I quickly changed into my pajamas and bounded up the stairs to Mom's bedroom.

I opened the door without knocking; the same way I had done so many times in the past. Mom looked up from where she was sitting in front of her vanity mirror. "You startled me," she said. "Wasn't expecting you so soon."

I just stood there in the doorway gawking. I must have looked like the proverbial deer that was caught in the headlight. Mom had on the skimpiest of lingerie; a lacy blue bra and thong set that was as see through as a glass window with a slightly more opaque garter. It was blue, also. Only it was a bit darker shade of blue. She turned to face me as she unhooked a garter snap on her right thigh. She smiled.

"Come on in," she said. "Climb into bed and get settled. I'll be there as soon as I get the nylons off."

My voice, squeaky and more high pitched than normal, cut through the sexually charged air like an arrow shot from a crossbow. "Leave 'em on," I urged.

Damn! "Where did that come from?" I screamed to myself. My brain hadn't told me to say that. Or had it? I was so embarrassed and was about to apologize profusely when Mom spoke.

"You're the man of the house," she said as she reconnected the garter snap to her nylons. She stood, turned, walked over to the bed and sat down just as I was pulling the sheets over me. "Can I take off my shoes?" she asked as she looked over her shoulder at me.