The Measure of a Jayne

Story Info
Crew finds love.
7.2k words
4.57
23.1k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ItsaWash
ItsaWash
12 Followers

This fic uses two characters from the t.v. series-Firefly and its movie-Serenity: Jayne, a big hulk of a mercenary and Kaylee, the cute girl mechanic who keeps the ship flying, and has been nursing Jayne after his recent injuries.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything to do with the series or film. I just take out these two crew members and play with them a little. Or a lot. The entire story (Parts 1-5) is not listed here. Only the perviest parts for your reading enjoyment. Let me know what you think and ask me for the rest, if you like. Thanks.

*

She opened up the hatch into his cabin and peered into the gloom, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the shadows. Trusted her ears to catch any sign that he was awake and wouldn’t welcome her barging in. Faint sounds came and they didn’t sound to be of the good so Kaylee descended into Jayne’s lair quick enough to help him if he needed her.

Standing just a foot from the side of his bunk, she studied the bare back that was all she could see above the sheet draped over his hip. His breathing seemed steady, but the broad stretch of skin was shiny with sweat. She bent down using her other senses in the gloaming to examine the situation, see if Simon needed to be called in.

She knelt by the bed and touched Jayne’s wide back. No reaction. Nudged him gently with enough pressure to wake most anybody from sleep. Nothing. Bent close to make sure she was right about him still breathing. Yup. Good-to-go there.

She rose back up then and half-turned to leave and maybe think about getting Simon outta bed for a look-see when a sound from Jayne made her turn sharply about.

“Kaylee?” said his voice, made odd with an undertone she didn’t recognize. “Kaylee,” he said again softly.

“Yeah, Jayne?” she said helpfully. No answer. She bent at the waist, tips of soft hair waving and sweeping along his shoulder, “What, Jayne?” Nothing. Her eyes were fully adjusted to the low light by now, enough to notice that she could see his hair combed out but slightly mussed. In fact she could see all of his hair. So where was the head bandage he’d been wearing a couple hours ago? What the hell had he done?

Fear pricked at her and she shook him hard. “Jayne. What’d you do to your head? Where’s the bandage, Jayne?” He moaned a little and it resolved into words sounding something like, “Rock me, Kaylee. Ride with me, mmmmmmm.”

She drew back her hand as if she’d been scorched by an afterburner. Ride with him? Was he delirious? He’d been like that for days when they rescued him from near dying. But he was so much better. Was there something wrong with his head again?

She had a tiny flashlight in the pocket of her coveralls, always kept it handy in case an infrequent power outage left her blind and needing to find the smallest flaw in the engine. Fished it out, flicked it on and peered at Jayne’s skull. Drew back again just short of focusing her eye on what was previously covered by gauze.

What if she fell on him, passed out from the sight of the wound? Kaylee gingerly folded herself down to sit on the edge of Jayne’s bunk. Safely seated and guaranteed of a semi-soft place to fall if so needed, she directed the little light source to examine Jayne’s uncovered noggin. Sweet Buddha, Simon was good. No blood, almost no line to mark the path of the grievous head wound she knew he’d been dealt barely a week ago.

Why had Jayne risked taking off the wrapping? Maybe he couldn’t resist a look in the mirror? His hair being all combed down proper now spoke to the fact of his doing the job with a mirror to look into for aid. Oh no.

“Ni shi sha gua, Kaylee girl,” she said aloud, grimacing at the guilty feeling. She’d badgered him about his hair today, hadn’t she… Laughed at his crazy porcupine hair sticking up all over to the point that he’d barked out at her in anger.

Her fault that he’d gone and shucked the bandage to pretty up his hair. For her. For the next time she would come to see him. He’d tried to look swai for her. She coulda told him his hair weren’t nothing but raisins on rice pudding to her, though. The whole package of the man weren’t detracted one bit from by a little messy hair.

She smiled down at him and stroked the side of her hand softly, slowly along his thick hair. Her fingers found that it was getting a little long, almost curling at the nape of his neck. While her hand played there, fingertips spread apart and lightly scoring the base of his neck so she could plow up into his soft hair, her gaze slid sultry slowly down between his shoulder blades and down, down to his low back. Her hand not trapped in his hair obediently followed her eyes to map the path from neck to back. Dared to slide just a little bit under the sheet’s edge looking for the waistband of the old shorts he was wearing last time she saw him. They were gone now.

She felt the swell of his abs a little further down. Jayne was still, an occasional unintelligible word or moan coming out, that’s all.

A wrack of shivers whanged through the man and the sound Kaylee heard turned out to be his teeth clattering lightly. She thought again of going for Simon, but armed with the newfound knowledge that her careless remarks had likely been the cause of the bandage removal kept her where she was to think on it further. What if Jayne told Simon he couldn’t tell him not to comb his own hair when it needed it? What if Jayne told Simon where he could go with his instructions?

Kaylee studied him anew. The shivering came and went, nothing steady. Maybe Jayne was just cold or maybe he was only a mite feverish. If the situation was as harmless as she thought it to be, rousing Simon from sleep for no good reason could turn into another shouting match like the one she’d broke up earlier. Simon didn’t take well to being waked from sleep. The closest thing to meanness that he’d ever shown to River was when her fitfulness roused him from night slumbers. He didn’t yell at her, he never did, but the whole ship would hear him stomping around gathering what arcane potions he needed for calming his sister.

Kaylee felt all alone suddenly, with nobody to care for her in the night. Jayne was the same, she realized. Everybody on Serenity had somebody, when you thought about it. Even Shepherd had his good book, said it was the only friend that counted when you came right down to it. Mal could have ‘Nara, that he didn’t was his own fault so he didn’t count.

It was Jayne and Kaylee, cold, lonely, wanting the warmth of a friendly body laid up against their own. Before she could think beyond that, she propped the little flashlight on the shelf that served has Jayne’s nightstand and unclipped the one clasp of her coveralls to reveal her cotton panties. She shimmied out of them and shucked the tank top over her head. Everything fell where it wanted, Kaylee unmindful of all but where she wanted to be right now, who she wanted to be with.

She carefully and fully lifted up the sheet that covered Jayne, sliding herself tight up against him covering them both back up, breasts to low back, belly to his hard bottom, knees nestled against his thighs. Knew that before he’d gone abed he’d shed the well worn shorts he’d had on earlier. The skin of her own tummy registered that helpful detail.

As she settled in tight against the big merc, their breathing adjusted to the point that it was almost in unison. He still shook a little, causing Kaylee to try to gain a position even more flush against him to warm him, still him.

She laid her face against his shoulder blade, turning her nose into his skin, inhaling deeply the clean leather and tobacco smell of the man. There was also, what? Maybe a touch of the scent of gun oil she’d often smelled when he sat at the kitchen table vivisecting Vera during her daily cleaning. Cleaned his weapons so often that the oil had become part of his scent’s signature.

Kaylee recalled hearing Zoe joke about her unintended play on words to Jayne when she’d ordered him to get his weapon in hand. She’d meant for him to get himself armed up, but since the order had been given shortly after the merc had announced, “I’ll be in my bunk,” it came out all manner of wrong. Zoe’d laughed hard along with everybody else recalling Jayne glimpsing Inara’s kissing a female client hello being the cause of his sudden need to go to his bunk.

It was all smiles until Jayne had walked in packing Vera and carrying cleaning supplies. Everybody got quiet suddenlike, causing the big man to bark out, “What?,” for which nobody had an answer.

Jayne’s weapon. She’d never forget how he looked, how it felt when she took to exploring in the medlab when she was informally standing guard while he rested and had accidental-like found herself enjoying a little gropage. Not little. Big.

Little as in the amount of time she’d groped, big as pertained to everything else about the experience. The man still hadn’t stirred, but his breathing was regular. What if he woke while she was doing what she planned on? What of it? He was okay. He was getting so much better.

She knew he wanted her, could tell by the way her being with him gentled him, improved his attitude, hell, she’d seen the growing results during the sponge bath in this bed. The signals he broadcasted in her direction seemed to have started when he got hurt and she turned to nursin’ him. Or else her nursin’ him had brought her close enough to the man for her to take in the signals.

Whichever, whatever the sequence, it was time to fish or cut bait. She wasn’t scared. Knew how to handle ‘most any bait and how to lure. She’d been around the block and back, probably near as many times as Jayne. Okay, not that many.

But she knew things she might could teach the man, lessons he’d be glad of from the perspective of a young woman who knew her own body, wasn’t ashamed to tell her man where to put what, how to put it and how long to keep it there. She’d waited long enough to ride this stallion, and the time was now.

The first thing was to feel him out. Ummm, feel him up. Get him gentled, used to her touching him everywhere.

Jayne swam up out of fitful sleep to find something blessed warm strapped across his back. Not just his back, swamped around his butt and down past his knees. Breath on the nape of his neck, a tickle of spider webs across his naked shoulder. The violence of his shaking frame was invited to slow, stop to match the stillness of what, of the who that held him.

The question of who was enough to bring his brain back to puzzle on it some. Dragged into harness long enough to take inventory of his possessor. Softness. Warmth beyond belief. The spider webs of long hair, might mean a woman. Twin hard soft mounds abutting the small of his back confirmed it.

Yeah, woman. Kaylee. Either Kaylee for well and true or his mental health had gone all to go se impaired again worse’n ever, got itself dropped right back into the shitter of hurt that started on that dustbowled planet.

Took a wary breath and a nanosecond to pray to the god of Vera that his mind was alright and his body aware an’ in the now so’s both could benefit in the real world by what he felt gripping him. Wrapped around him. Holding him. Rubbing him. Fondling him. Fondling his, yeah. Ohhhh, sweet yesu. Yeah.

The him was his dick, and the her was definitely Kaylee.

His left hand reached up from where it lay on the mattress toward the slow firm gliding motion riding his prick. He moaned a little, couldn’t help it and heard a lovely sound that didn’t come from him follow right along with it.

Kaylee. Kaylee wrapped around him, lil’ Kaylee breathing short fast hot, moaning, stirring, rumpling his hair with each exhale. She surrounded him, body played all along him, eased the hurt and fever in him. She contrarily and inexorably instigated a different kind of fever in him. One that scorched from where her hand tugged sweetly like a piston lined in satin and fleece to where her legs had begun to rub slowly, oh surely silkily slowly up and down along his bent knees and hard buttocks.

Her tits moved and swayed, walked like a massage along his back as her hand did its work. Oh yesu, Kaylee, oh. Don’t stop. For the love of all that’s holy and not, don’t stop it. If I’m dreaming or I’m gorram wide awake, it don’t matter. I’m a lucky man, luckier than I deserve to be.

If anything in Serenity’s hard-lived mercenary’s future was ever due to get any better than this, he’d likely never believe the prophet who told him so.

The big man surprised Kaylee mightily, proved his being awake by means of pulling himself toward the wall, away from her reaching hands, startling her into a little sound of frustration. His next move told her why, made things all better, as he made room on the small mattress for him to lie flat, then rolled onto his other side, turning the business end of him to face the business side of her. Much better, but not the best. The best was in his eyes.

His wide open gunmetal blue eyes didn’t meet hers, couldn’t do it just then. Not as he leaned back a little to get his first sight of a generously naked Kaylee swanned out on her side next to him. He’d seen her eyes lotsa times before, had studied them when her attention was focused elsewhere so’s she wouldn’t know she was being inspected.

Now when he had the time and opportunity, here in his quarters, in his bunk, with Vera unnoticed on her perch, he let the knowledge of Kaylee, that he was gonna know Kaylee in the sense they meant in Book’s bible, wash over him.

Preamble to the knowin’ was looking his fill at what he hadn’t had exactly right when he’d mentally stripped off her gear so often in the past. Alone in his bed or with her standing right across the room from him in mixed company she’d never suspected he was stripping her bare to pass the time or pass the lust harder through his hand on cock.

Imagination hadn’t lied to him ‘bout her tits. The new little light coming from his bunk’s shelf clearly showed him the curve of full breasts, nipples positioned a trifle right of true center due to her laying on her side. Her position made her left titty the most easily visible of the two and he took in how the good weight of it rounded, made it pull the tightly wound nipple a bit mattressward, flesh full and full-on beauteous to his eye. Could just see the other dusky rose aureole and nipple half hidden by the weight of her other breast on the mattress.

Down her lithesome body from that vantage point was her ribcage, thin but meat covered enough. He could make out her ribs, wanted to touch where his eyes had just left and what they now saw oh, so bad, but not daring to yet. Don’t spook her.

If he took his time, his only contact being eye for skin for now, he’d have that at least if she flew off when he finally touched her. Gods, let this last. Let Serenity find a slow time warp right this second so the minutes could be drawn out to hours of time to do what he wanted to.

Kaylee was confused and a little scared when the man had pulled away from her embrace. She thought she was dead wrong about him wanting her, even though the signs had been so encouraging. But then he’d used the space she wasn’t occupying on the bunk to urge his big body onto his left side, to face her, and she’d found herself under close inspection.

He wouldn’t look at her. That wasn’t right. He looked at her breasts, her belly. She wanted him to do that, felt her skin glow all over from him doing that, but enough was enough. What did his eyes say? She couldn’t rightly have his eyes on her body and matched to her own hot gaze at the same time, so she called him back to her.

“Jayne.” He didn’t come. “Jayne Cobb, you look at me.”

“Am looking at you. Now that I know you’re real, not some gorram vision I’m used to seein’”.

“Jayne!”, louder now. His eye lashes lifted, steel blue eyes met hers at last. Both gazes naked, naked and hungry as their bodies were. She held on, her gaze shifting from his right eye to his left, finding them both so swai, frank with the knowledge of her, the knowing that she was his for the taking, and he was hers.

“Jaylee,” both voices blended as they spoke at the same time, anxious to get out of the way what had to be said before satisfaction could get started. Both smiled, and he lay silent, let her start again.

“Jayne, I want to be here, couldn’t stay away from here, from you. I know you don’t have any reason to care for me, and it ain’t fair o’ me to whang on in here and jump a sick man that don’t want what I’m offering, but hear me out, will ya?”

Did the corner of his mouth twitch? Was going to ask him what the hell that meant, but changed her mind when he nodded for her to go on with what she had to say.

“That first day Simon and Mal had me lookin’ out for you in the medlab, you were pretty much out of it. You weren’t keepin’ any food down, not much progress toward healin’ and Mal needed you healthy soon as possible for a gig he was planning. So I was in there, fed you some broth when you came to, held your hand while you fell asleep after that.

It was late, it was quiet and you were so still. I hadn’t seen much of your hurts since I found you nearly dead on that planet, so I walked around the bed an’ lifted the sheet to look at your shot up thigh and I didn’t think about how you’d be naked and it surprised me when I saw your… And.,”

“Kaylee?”, Jayne interrupted his nurse’s guilty announcement with a smile she could hear in his softened voice. The girl paused, took a breath, murmured the smallest possible “Yeah?”

“I know all about it.”

“What? There wasn’t anybody else there to see.”

“What you was doin’, I didn’t have to have my eyes open to feel it, lil’ Kaylee.”

“I’m sorry I took advantage of ya, Jayne, I beat myself up about it somethin’ terrible but it’s all I’ve been thinking ‘bout ever since and,”

“Look,” he ordered, bringing her gaze back to him, not willing to let her eyes run away from him while he said what needed saying. “I’ve been wanting your hands on me, something besides a friendly whack upside my head when I joke at dinner or a sisterly pat on my shoulder as you walk by, forever, seems like. When I came to and found your hand was getting’ a rise outta me, the only thing that bothered me was I didn’t have the bad-boyin’ in me to do anything right by you.”

Kaylee colored at that, warmed all over again. Yeah, he had known, even though she’d tried to tell herself it was just her secret.

“You ran out of there like your ass was on fire, afore I could decide whether to open my eyes or just lay still hoping for more. I did care enough to watch your ass hurrying out the door, and not just to make sure there it wasn’t smokin’.”

They both chuckled at the bad joke, two sets of eyes crinkling at the corners.

“I want you, Jayne. It’s been worryin’ at me since you been hurt so bad, but the want’s been buildin’ so I can’t think anymore, can’t keep my mind on anything ‘cept finding out if you want me too.” She leaned in to kiss him only to meet his cheek pressing warm against her own.

“Ummmmm,” the big man rumbled, chest softly vibrating against her own. “I ain’t hurt as bad as you think, not now, and we’re gonna do this my way.”

He went on, “That want you was talking about? I been carrying it my own self ever since I found out how you come to be on this boat. Before I ever knew how good you were inside, I wanted to get a piece of what Mal’s first mechanic got. Now don’t be mad at me for it, for the bare wanting without knowing who you were.”

She shook her head shyly. “The wanting got to be needing once I talked to ya, pal’d around with ya some. I’m thinking I feel more for you than any woman ‘cept my ma.”

ItsaWash
ItsaWash
12 Followers
12