The Medium Ch. 02

Story Info
Conquering Phobics and Traitors, colonization.
2.4k words
4.41
9.5k
13

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/05/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Guten Tag m'Lovelies,

This chapter is short. Otherwise I would have taken twice as long to write the 4000 word chapter. After just writing a 15,000 word essay on music, I must confess that I'm rather tired. Therefore, at the moment it is around two-thousand, but I faced a narrative deadlock to either merge it with ch.3 or not. I'm still new to erotica. (Seriously, I'm tempted to put in an invocation of muse.) If you could tell me if you prefer more often updates of shorter chapters or less updates in longer chapters then that would be most fine of you.

Please rate and comment, I'd be most delighted to see the latter!

-QR

___________________

Selene stole silently into my sub consciousness and implanted the thoughts of another, leaving me to watch in ignorant fascination.

The sound of agony echoed through, but by the sadistic decree of nature it was fragmented by woods. The howls were homely, but a sincere vocal representation, the madness of narcissistic romanticism. A wolf curled in self pity as it finished its howling. It allowed the tenebrous breeze to ruffle fur and hiss replies. A game of brinkmanship between sanity and madness flitted through closed lids as the wolf began to run towards the source of its dilemma.

"Selenius, I'm up already!" I muttered aggrieved instantly forgetting my dream. Bedraggled, my fingers groped for the textiles that covered my body. My joints popped loudly, while strong arms proved resistance to be an unavailing effort in their clutches.

"bat'roon—" Long Wei garbled in sleep distorted speech. Interruption arrived when his head wilted back into satin bed sheets. His arms retreated back to the warmth of expensive down and satin.

Released, I shivered in my lingerie as Nyx spread her cool fingers across my abdomen. "Casanova, Selene is calling me." I whispered ejecting easily out of bed and blanching when cool wood leached warmth from my piggies.

Awakening slightly he grumbled, "hym's?"

"Yes, hymns." I could feel the familiar attraction of the moon, beckoning me to sit in its beholding.

"Ai'ght," he said wincing and popping his back as the floorboards banished comforting warmth, " 'll observe."

Torn between telling him to sleep and my phobia of the Were threat, my body functioned mutely. Opting for laziness and the tinge of shivers I neglected to rummage for a robe. Typically hymns to Selene were done with fewer coverings than my ivory undies.

For me the darkened house proved easily navigable, but Long Wei's groggy limbs entangled themselves in the shadows. I pitied him. My hands proved to be his beacon until he settled himself on the porch leaning against a supporting beam half asleep.

After a bit of light stretching, my mouth opened to satisfy the whims of my deity. A flurry of moonlighting words carried by over and under tones, the hymns of Selene reflected her religion, a sweet tonguing of sensual invitation for soft silver caresses of the light. Pleased, the goddess sent benevolent whispers of carnal pleasures as she caressed my skin.

Those sweet whispers hid something, like the moon behind the earth. Speculation on what, left me staring at the sliver of waning moon, the moon that bound my powers. At least until I turned around.

A dark furry ball of seething miasma, a meteorite flew. Its impact with Long Wei's barrier blared atomic as the shock-wave of force rippled through the area. Someone, I, was screaming.

I watched utterly paralyzed as the massive wolf pounded the charms. Under the force of wolven fists the protective charms bent, they strained and groaned under wolven power into submission. The wolf howled galvanizing his fellows.

However, Long Wei was not petrified, instantly awakened by adrenaline. He dragged me back into the house, bolting the door. He rushed about. Closing the metal shutters and locking doors, he barricaded the house. When he found no more fortifications to strengthen, he scooped my twitching form from the door mat and barreled to the kitchen.

With my head in my hands in the throes of hysteria I could barely hear Long Wei talk. Exasperated and swearing in multiple languages I barely caught Long Wei say, "Fucking werewolves on steroids."

Disoriented and sick to my stomach, anxiety clutched me like a serpent when I realized how these wolves out-sized any other with ease. However, Long Wei's response to my hysteria was pain. He slapped me.

A loud crack rang in the contact his palm to my face. The force jerked my head to gape at the pale wall. At first, I choked and sputtered. However, the blow loosened the grip of anxiety as I gaped at him in shock.

"I never raised a coward. Stop self destructing, we haven't lost yet." He stated flatly, though an angry tongue lurked hidden in his jaw. I sobered instantly, a reflex from hearing that tone of voice.

"Barricade yourself in here," Long Wei commanded throwing off the rug that covered the root cellar entrance, "Booby trap it. I know you know how." He paused and swallowed. His fingers lifted my own from an inflamed cheek.

Still in shock I muttered turning away from his hand, "You hit me."

"I'm so sorry." Tears sprang from his eyes in regret, but were blinked back by feats of willpower.

Finally sobering, Long Wei stated firmly, "Even though I could not protect you the first time, I'm going to go hold them off. That barrier won't hold under their persistence."

I nodded feeling useless but drew upon his strength, "You have my magic, use it. And if need be, use this too." I grabbed the kitchen shears and forced them around as much of my hair as possible. With a grunt and a snip, I shoved the hair at him with trembling hands.

"What a thoughtful gift, I'll treasure it." He stated, displaying a sliver of the humorous man I knew him to be. My sun kissed knight, my warrior. He left for battle, gripping the hair I combed daily in pride. Perhaps it would give him the edge against the shifters.

My feet obeyed his words by trooping down the stairs. When the cellar door closed leaving me alone in the dusty light of naked bulbs fear bucked in my stomach. In remedy of this, I broke the anxiety by jabbing an old nail into my thigh. The act was a mere bloody simulation of a slap. The four inch nail, a source of tecnas remained lodged in my leg. It protruding as I sprang, or rather limped to action. My resolution was clear and booby traps were in order.

The ground pulsed in shock-wave as the barrier took a barrage of hits. Briefly a new fear occurred: the vibrations would prematurely set off the drano bombs. I had discovered my recycling bag and some drano left by the previous homeowners and macgyvered them. By the time I had finished various plastic bottles were hanging from root cellar door.

Uncharacteristically, I was optimistic that the opening of the door would set them off in wolven muzzles rather than my face. The ideal scenario results would douse invaders with corrosive chemicals that would stunt the famed healing abilities. Otherwise there was a more pyromaniacal spin with the blowtorch and plan B.

With my eyes closed I could still hear Long Wei's battle cries, the hungry sounds of fire magic, and the roar of human nightmares. All of them caused the cellar lights to rattle against their metal chains. A loud tearing sound occurred, the ripping of the heavens.

The barrier fell; I could feel it in the dusty cellar. Our protection turned to brittle glass exposing my home, my sanctuary. Another ominous sound, the ripping of plate metal forewarned my fate.

Mirror to a horror movie I waited, listening to their toenails clack on the floorboards and their snuffing muzzles. I prayed that they would not discover the cellar, just find the end to a scent trail. My breathing quickened to hyperventilation as the wolves followed their noses to me. I silenced my panicked breathing by burying my face in a water soaked towel.

Lady fortune rejected me. The cellar door was ripped open causing the drano bombs to rattle in cacophony. In thunderous din the beasts hissed and growled when they burst spraying chemicals on exposed eyes. I wished agony upon them. Without pause, I lit the blowtorch causing another explosion using the lingering hydrogen gas from the drano bombs and hobbled into the half bathroom. My leg ran heavy with blood by now with the trauma device still perpendicular to my femur.

I violently slammed the door shut and gripped the dirty orange extension cord. With aching muscles, my fingers slammed the rusty prongs into the outlet, empowering the electronic fan. With a roar, ancient flour took to life spurred by the lit blowtorch. I could only imagine the expressions that graced their muzzles. The roar of fire and bestial surprise took thunderous din.

Cruelty thy name is Hua Lan, I thought in grim satisfaction, fighting a two front war. Curled between the toilet and vanity in the throes of a breathing battle I sat. I was now waiting to be picked off. I remained seated in blasphemous prayer to the dear goddess of Kinetics rather than Selene the distracter. Good riddance, also crossed my mind as more airborne flour was ignited into an explosive, eliciting whimpers of agony from the invading beasts. Unfortunately, my pitiful concoctions did little damage for the beasts were undeterred.

My closing of the decrepit phony wood proved foolish when the door flew from its home. Crashing into floor of the tiny room, the violent powdery downdraft cast my sweaty skin with flour and plaster, in addition to sending shoddily chopped hair into my eyes. Screwing my eyes shut, I rocked in a fetal position. Meanwhile, large claws clacked in foreboding intent as the creature overpowered my defenseless form.

I am now a captive of wolves. The horrifying nostalgic thought occurred slowly as the gears in my mind shifted to produce sounds of terror.

In the darkness beyond my eyelids a werewolf growled. Why he growled at a self destructing witch in her undies was beyond me. However, his vocal declaration of ownership proved a trigger. He howled as involuntary motion overtook my barely controlled body. In the grip of his padded fingers I convulsed. I lost the breathing battle. My heart contracted, sending pain at every neuron. The sound of creaking bones as the werewolf shifted to a human form was duly noted by my pain blasted brain.

"Calm down," powdery rough fingers said as they stroked my twitching face. Wiping tears of affliction, "nothing will hurt you" they continued slowly. If I had the gal or bodily control, I would have laughed at the irony. However, the attack worsened till I was nearly foaming at the mouth.

My own bloodied tongue tinged my taste buds, from tightened jaws. Until, a floury, calloused object invaded my mouth. Without sight, it took me awhile to figure out what was now between my jaws. A finger, his finger was thrust between my clenching teeth. The gritty taste stung my tongue as it lolled while my head thrashed. A rather weird attempt to gag the moans and throaty screams I emitted. It brought me no comfort when werewolf blood began to touch my tongue. Punishment for hurting him would be severe. When are captors ever lenient with punishment?

I was too disoriented by anxiety to discern that somewhere along the line the werewolf had brought me outside. Left in the grass to spasm after a piece of leathery gag was forced into my mouth, replacing the finger.

"Hua Lan!" Long Wei hollered my name over and over, adding to the cacophonous waves.

"Witch! What have you done to my mate?" He boomed, my barely conscious mind recognized the baritone.

"What have I done? Look at what you monsters have done!"

A loud impact of flesh on flesh rang out. While Long Wei sputtered

"Tell me what is wrong with my mate!"

"It's your fault! Look at what you've done!"

"Just tell me!" The monster uttered oddly displaying the hyphae of desperation. Long Wei fell silent for a moment in appraisal of the situation.

Long Wei's sullen voice spoke carefully as he spat out a tooth. "It's a panic attack. She has panic attacks because you fucking weres always attack us." His voice was flat and venomous expressing his hatred and bile towards the heinous bastard.

"Tell me how to calm her down." His voice was strained almost begging, as if he was sympathetic to my current condition. "Please—" the blasphemous beast added, as if the word was unfamiliar to his tongue.

Fury flew from Long Wei's mouth as I heard him screech an interruption "That's the trick, you can't calm her down in that state!" The only reward for such statements was further blows; it didn't exactly require wits to understand the consequence.

Hearing his torment only intensified my panic attack as I feared my own fate. That fear expressed itself further in erratic palpitations of my heart, an unbearable spark of pain. Through thrashing limbs and clenched teeth my lids pried open to see Long Wei's wounded profile for a split second. He lay ragged in the dirt, tied like a caterpillar with an expression of fright as he met my eyes. At that mere instant of time I knew what he felt: defeat, concession, and worry.

Traitor.

"She needs someone to sooth her," Long Wei began. He surrendered, to the monstrosity that held us captive. Even though, he knew I'd prefer death over captivity. Over the tumult in my mind I could hear Long Wei's trebling tenor instructing the disgusting thing. Ignorance was a blissful thing I thought bitterly.

Never again. I'd rather die. I vowed.

My heart pounded and didn't, appendages flew and fluttered weak against the chest that held me. My self destruction was nearly complete. The magic was energized and ready. While my physical hands flailed uncontrolled, my astral hands searched for my suicide line, a scintilla from long ago. I held the chord of magic in my hand ready to pull my own plug until I heard a heartbeat.

It was too quick for my tastes.

__________________

Thank you for reading. Please rate and comment.

-QR