The Midnight Maiden Ch. 04

Story Info
Chapter 4: A Midnight Meeting.
1.6k words
4.65
11.3k
3

Part 5 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 12/16/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~ Book I ~

The Midnight Maiden

Chapter 4: A Midnight Meeting

Lord Brion walked calmly but briskly over the flagstone floors out to the garden where he had previously met Lady Eryca. He made his way through the trees and shrubs and found her leaning against the now familiar dome-shaped stone covered in honeysuckle vines. Although Luna had not yet rose to her apex the light of the stars shone down into the glade giving the whole place an unearthly glow. As Brion approached her he could smell as the scent of the honeysuckles engulfed him like a warm traveling cloak, the heady scent of the white flowers made him feel lighter.

"Good evening my Lord." Eryca said as he approached, her voice like honey to his ears. "You're early;" she said with sly smile "the Great Moon has not yet reached her climax."

"Please forgive me my Lady but I could not wait to see you again and continue our ... conversation." He said as he moved to lean next to her. She smelled of lavender and honeysuckle and being so near to her made his blood boil and he felt warm all over as if he had been out under the noonday sun.

"So is it my views on the current state of affairs in the Flanaess that you wish to discuss or is it something else?" As he looked at Eryca he again saw the green of her almond shaped eyes seem to change shades and it fascinated him.

"There are many things that I would like to discuss with you, including politics my Lady," he laughed "but I am most interested in how you came to be here and your relationship with your grandfather."

"Well my Lord Brion I have always lived here in Admundfort, my father was Sir Robert Tandris of Alhaster and my mother was Lady Donna Moffitt of Walworth. My father was slain in battle while on a mission to the Rift Canyon and my mother died a few years after him of, a broken heart. After that my grandparents took over the responsibility of my upbringing. My grandfather raised me not unlike the way he would have brought up his eldest son to one day assume stewardship of the Shield Lands, although I do not think that will be my destiny." She said this with no hint of regret just a statement of truth. "I travel with him, remind him to take care of himself and aid him in any way that I can."

Brion took all of this in and noted the sadness in her voice when she spoke of the death of her father and the pride that she took in her service to her kingdom.

"I am sorry for the loss of your parents Lady Eryca that is never easy. I to lost my mother just months after I was born." At this Brion lifted his head to look up at the stars and sighed. "She fell in battle against many foes but her death was one of many that helped to secure the freedom of our kingdom." Again turning his attention to Lady Eryca he asked "I see that you did not mention any suitors. Is it possible that all eligible bachelors in this part of the Flanaess have taken leave of their senses?"

At this Eryca smiled and laughed a little, the movement of her head caused her coppery curls to flash in the light of the newly risen moon.

"No, there have been a few but they have not measured up to what I expect. Most are either foppish spoiled princelings or total barbarians who see women as only having a few uses all of which require no brains at all. My grandfather says that I am spirited and I find that an apt description. Also my studies often keep me busy."

"And what is it that you study my Lady?"

"Magik, my Lord." She said her eyes shining with a green radiance. "Does that frighten you?"

Now it was Lord Brion's turn to laugh. He could imagine the gaily dressed and effeminate princes that she described being offended by her boldness, as well as, the oafs who dressed themselves in titles and possessed little to no refinement and saw women as cattle to be bred.

"My Lady very little frightens me in this world; I was raised to be a soldier. My father and Astinos raised me to be strong and to use my might to defend those who need it. However, a warrior needs to understand and show tenderness and compassion, or else he will never be able to tell the weak from the strong." As Brion spoke Eryca turned to watch him. He spoke with conviction and she could tell that he meant what he said. "As for a spirited Lady such as you, I admire that! Spirited women like spirited horses can be tamed without breaking their will." As Brion spoke he looked directly into her flashing emerald eyes. "What man like me raised by the sword would want a simpering woman? I find spirit to be a wonderful trait."

Brion saw her smile as he talked of her spirit. Eryca's smile encouraged him so he continued. "As to magik, I have no fear of it. I do not use it but I have seen it at work and it can do wonders. Much like a sword it has two edges, it can destroy or it can build. It is the nature of the one who wields it that should be feared or admired." Again he looked deeply into her eyes which had changed to a bright leaf green. "And you must be a powerful mage indeed my Lady to have bewitched me in such a way."

At this compliment she smiled wide and said "Rest assured my Lord I have cast no such spell upon thee. What we feel between us is an altogether different kind of magik." She then motioned for him to move to the edge of the glade. "Now sit my Lord, Luna has reached her highest point in the sky and I wish to dance for you under her gaze."

Brion moved to the edge of the glade and seated himself in the grass there. As he watched Eryca closed her eyes and began her olven song and as before Eryca began to dance. He watched enthralled as she glided to and fro, floating across the ground. Her slippered feet not even seeming to turn down the grass much less leave footprints. Eryca's arms moved with her as she danced and it seemed as if she were weaving a spell about them. Her fiery hair glinted in the moonlight and her skin glowed as if she were lit from within. As her dance reached its crescendo her movements became faster but no less smooth. Brion of course had seen women dance before but this was different, he knew that it must be part of some ceremony or offering but he also felt that it was just for him. He felt that they were alone in the world, isolated under the stars in their hidden glade and this fiery maiden, this beautiful vixen was dancing just for him. It was if they were sharing their own sensual secret the dancing maiden and her suitor.

He thought for a second 'a suitor' is that what he was a potential suitor? As he watched Eryca and turned that thought over in his mind he decided that he liked the idea and that if she would have him then he would be the man that she desired. As he mentally made his decision Eryca began to whirl in place. Faster and faster, up and down and then suddenly she stopped balancing on her toes. Her arms dipped in a slight bow and she smiled at him seeing the fascination and desire in his eyes. She wavered slightly, off balance and dizzy from her twirling. In an instant she saw him move and then felt his arms encircle her so she would not fall.

"Thank you my Lord, I'm afraid I was a little ... carried away at the end." As she looked up at him it felt natural to be in his arms and he smelled pleasantly of leather and evergreen.

"It is my pleasure to be of service my Lady. What sort of knight would I be to let you fall to the ground? A terrible one I would think." Brion looked to the sky and saw that Luna was descending and that Celene was beginning her rise in the sky. He could smell lavender and honeysuckle again being this close to her and she felt so warm in his arms. "It is late my Lady and since I am not yet a proper suitor it is not wise for us to seen together like this."

"I thank you for protecting my honor my Lord. Does this mean that you desire to be my suitor?" she asked him her eyes flashing in the moonlight.

"Like you said my Lady Eryca, it is simply a matter of deciding what it is that one desires." He flashed a sly grin as he set Eryca on her feet and released his hold on her. "You should leave first my Lady; it would not do for you to tarry too long. But before you go I have a question."

"What is it you wish to know my Lord?"

"Earlier you spoke of a different kind of magik between us. To what kind of magik were you referring?"

She smiled and walked across the glade, the green of her dress seeming to blend into the trees. She spoke her answer so low that he almost did not hear it as the wind carried to his ear. He watched as she disappeared into the shadows and felt the movement of air tickle across his ear. And then as if spoken by the wind itself he heard her answer.

"Love"