The Midnight Maiden Ch. 10

Story Info
Chapter 10: A favor returned.
1.4k words
4.75
8.7k
1

Part 11 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 12/16/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: For all of you how are following the story, I apologize for taking so long to post chapter 10. It's been finished for a while but life has been busy and I forgot to have it posted. Also one other issue I'd like to address are the anon people that seem to like my writing but always comment that it is too short. All I can see is this: I work a full time job, spend time with the real Erica and I have four of my own kids and two stepdaughters. My plate is full all the time. I write what I envision to be a scene or what is needed to move the story forward; length does not enter into the equation. However, any constructive criticism is always welcome. If you think there are parts where I could expand or flesh things out please send me an email. Thank you and enjoy!

The Ahlissan Chronicles

~ Book I ~

The Midnight Maiden

Chapter 10: A Favor Returned

The stables were quiet when Brion arrived; everyone was still at the field of honor talking about the contest with raised voices and excited hand gestures. The dark rider dismounted and briefly bowed his head in thanks to the Arch-Paladin. He then began to remove Armageddon's armor and place it in a bin across from his mount's stall. By the time he had finished a young stable boy appeared and assured the victorious warrior that it would be his honor to brush down and feed the massive black destrier. Brion thanked the boy, patted his friend's great muscled neck and then proceeded to his room.

Arriving in his room he began to take off his armor and neatly pile it in the corner of his bedroom. His took a rag from his gear and wiped Yarol's blood from his blade then he finished removing his chainmail and plates and had just tied a piece of cloth over his leg wound when everyone entered the main room looking for him. Wearing only his sweaty clothes and muddy boots he went out to greet them.

"There is my victorious son!" Bellowed Lord Barnard "You had us all fooled with your little feint. I thought Eryca was going to faint when she saw you injured!" he said laughing.

Brion looked up at Eryca and smiled, she smiled back shyly; clearly embarrassed by having her concern for him be so apparent. Paragon Astinos immediately moved to Brion injured leg and began to murmur the words of a healing prayer. Lord Brion grabbed the old priests' hands and stopped him.

"Save your divine prayers Paragon, it isn't as bad as it looks and it will heal in time. You know I like to recover from my wounds without magik if at all possible, it keeps me in better shape."

The Paragon shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Young warriors..."

William instructed the page at the door to run to the kitchen and have them send up a mid-day meal. When it arrived they all sat around the table in the common room eating, drinking and talking about the fight. The two young lovers merely sat and ate quietly while they looked at one another, occasionally they were asked for their thoughts on something but otherwise they were content to be together among friends and family.

* * *

In the late afternoon after Lord Brion had washed, dressed his wound properly and changed his garments he walked down to the garden where he had first seen Eryca. He leaned on the rock and watched the sky as the sun set and night began to fall. Off to his right he saw a muted flash of light and there she was looking resplendent in a flowing gown of white and gold her feet were bare and a thin golden cord tried in vain to contain her red curls.

"Good evening Brion, I thought I would find you here." She said as she approached him.

"Eryca" He said simply as he gathered her to him. Eryca's scent wrapped around him and the ache in his leg seemed to disappear. Brion looked into the deep emerald pools that were her eyes; he leaned in and kissed her passionately. He allowed his tongue to brush against her lips and at its gentle insistence they parted allowing him entry. He was pleased when he felt her tongue explore his lips; it was the deepest kiss they had yet shared. All too soon they parted.

"I want to thank you for fighting on my behalf today Brion, it was an honor to have you as my champion." Eryca said sincerely as she looked into his sky blue eyes.

"The honor was mine my Lady. I have something for you." As he spoke he reached into his shirt and brought out the gauzy purple veil she had tied around his arm earlier that day. As he pressed it into her small hands he could see silent tears run down her cheeks. Brion reached up and wiped away her tears and looked at her with concern.

"Eryca, my Lady?" he asked concern in his voice. When she spoke again it was barely a whisper.

"No one has ever done anything like that for me before..." Eryca's voice trailed off, her words lost in the light breeze that ruffled the leaves on the trees around them. Suddenly Eryca threw her arms around Brion's neck and kissed him deeply, her tongue seeking his. Then she broke their kiss and looked into Brion's eyes.

"I love you." She said simply. Brion pulled her close and kissed her again, feeling her heart beating against his own. Their lips separated both of them breathless, with his lips still touching Eryca's he whispered.

"And I love you."

She looked at him imploringly searching his eyes for any hint of a jest.

"You do not have to say it if you do not truly mean it." Eryca said still looking into his eyes.

"My Lady I have had more than enough time to consider it." He said with a gentle smile "Also I have fought for and bled for your honor. I accepted your favor and returned it to you intact, as promised. I mean what I say and say what I mean, I am your humble protector my Lady and I love you."

"And I am your Lady." Eryca said as she again moved to kiss him. Now their kisses were deep and the love between the two of them was obvious. Their lips and tongues explored each other as the two lovers stood wrapped in each other's arms. Eryca ran her fingers through Brion's thick black hair while his hands explored her back and waist. They kissed for what seemed like hours all the while whispering words of endearment and love to each other. Breathless, they ended their kiss when Lord Brion had stayed on his injured leg to long. Eryca concerned for him urged him to sit and rest himself on the grass. Brion sat down with his back to a tree and stretched out his leg; Eryca sat and curled up next to him.

"You really should let Astinos mend your leg, it will heal much faster." Eryca said her head resting on Brion's chest.

"I know but I like to let my wounds heal themselves, besides I will always have the scar to remind me of my victory in your honor." Brion said as he squeezed Eryca to himself, Eryca rolled her eyes in mock exasperation.

"Men and their marks of honor" she giggled teasing him. They sat for a long while before Brion spoke again.

"That veil that you gave me as a favor..."

"Yes?" she asked.

"It's quite pretty. Will I ever get to see you wear it?" He said teasingly.

"Well that all depends Brion." Eryca said her jade eyes glinting in the moonlight.

"Depends on what?" Brion asked, enjoying their little game.

"It depends on whether or not you ask me to be your wife." She said looking directly into his eyes. "The women of my family wear it when we dance for our husbands on our wedding night." Eryca said simply. The way she spoke and the words she used were not lost on Brion as he took them in.

"Well you never know what the future may hold my Lady." He said holding her close, his eyes dancing mischievously, that comment earned him a well-deserved jab in the ribs.