The Minister Ch. 02

Story Info
The kiss.
7.1k words
4.55
13.1k
9

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/17/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi guys, this is the second chapter to The Minister. It probably won't make sense if you don't read the first one. It is slow moving and based more on the romantics. Sex won't come until a later chapter, for those of you looking for quick fixes. I am writing Chapter 3 now so hopefully it will be out soon! Please post comments and vote, let me know if you think I should continue the story and you would like to see what happens! Enjoy :)

*****

When Derek got home, he couldn't stop thinking about the girl. This mystery girl. Well, not a total mystery, he did know where she lived. Or he could narrow it down to one of the 680 apartments in the high rise building she had gone into. He poured himself a glass of scotch and ice and sat in his brown leather sofa. He turned the television on and ordered a pizza, hoping the strong drink and late night TV drama would put the girl out of his mind. He took off his coat and tie then un-button his shirt a bit. Suddenly he realised he had left his over coat with the girl. He cursed.

"I really liked that coat." He muttered.

He couldn't try to get it back from her. It would involve tracking her down and meeting up with her. He couldn't let himself do that, he needed to maintain a distance and forget all about her. Ministers lived a life of solitude and definitely no women.

After about half an hour of soap opera, his pizza came and he ate it and dozed off on the couch.

The next day Ivy woke up late. She had stayed up late that night studying and watching Netflix. She looked over at the alarm on her bedside table and saw that it was already past 10.00am. She swore then leapt out of bed and had a hot shower. She pulled on some tight jeans which outlined her elegant figure then chucked a warm baggy hoodie over a black tank top.

By 11.00am she was walking down the street with a hot coffee in hand and a route mapped out on google maps. She was not going to be late. Google estimated it would be a half an hour walk to the burger place she was meeting Lindsay at. Ivy had some time so she decided to go the long route which went along the river.

Ivy arrived at the burger place just before noon, but Lindsay already waiting, tapping away on her phone in the corner of her favourite booth.

"Hey Linds." Ivy said as she walked over and sat down.

Lindsay looked up and smiled "Well, look who kept her promise?" she said "This is going to be great!"

Ivy sat down and they started chatting about the usual, cheerleading, clothes, new make-up brands and what the best lipstick colour was... boys.

"You totally have to go out with my cousin Heath, Ivy. He is super-hot and you so need a guy." Lindsay gushed.

"Look, I've told you, I am not after sex I want a nice guy that I actually like." Ivy said.

"Yeah, yeah I know, good little Christian girl. He is totally nice and funny and charming, girls love him and you will too." Lindsay said.

"Doubt it." Ivy replied dryly.

"You won't know until you meet him at least?" Lindsay said hopefully.

Ivy sighed "Fine, set up a date, tomorrow night, I'm staying in the city all weekend anyway."

"Yay!" Lindsay squealed and clapped her hands together in excitement.

"So, is Zach still hanging around?" Ivy asked.

"He is not hanging around Ivy, he is my boyfriend." Lindsay said defensively.

"Ok then. But I bet you'll meet up tonight, screw him and then end it." Ivy said.

Lindsay smiled sheepishly but said "Nah..."

Ivy shook her head and smiled a little. She knew it sounded mean but she wanted to get rid of Zach. For a good reason though, so that Kurt could make a move. If Kurt made a move Lindsay wouldn't be able to resist because of those annoying little things she has for him; "feelings".

"Look, I don't know why you don't want something real? You obviously don't care about Zach so why date him?" Ivy asked.

"I...I don't know. I'm just like that, you know me." Lindsay shrugged.

"I think you are just scared to get something real because you don't want to lose something that's actually important to you." Ivy said.

"That's not true. I just, I just don't know what to do with my feelings. I can't be with Kurt, even if I do like him. It would just be too risky, I mean we are such great friends why put that on the line for some failed romance?" Lindsay asked.

"Well, if it fails then at least you know it won't work out but if you don't try you will never know. What if he is 'the one'? You never know." Ivy said.

"Yeah well what would I even do about it? You say he likes me, but I don't think so. What if you are just imagining it?" Lindsay asked, trying to hide the concern.

Ivy laughed "Don't worry, he likes you. Anyway, how about we do some shopping?"

Lindsay lifted her head up and her eyes lit up "Definitely, let me just pay the bill."

After hours and hours of shopping Ivy finally freed herself from Lindsay's trap. She decided to go and visit Kurt, his place was only a couple of blocks away from hers and she had some free time. She dialled his number and waited from him to pick up.

"Ivy, hey, what's up?" He greeted her.

"Hey Kurt, you home? I'm staying in the city this weekend, you want to hang out?" Ivy asked.

"Oh yeah sure, my parents are out and Keith went out a couple hours ago, I got the house to myself so now's great." Kurt replied.

"Ok great, see you in 20 minutes then." Ivy said and hung up.

Half an hour later Ivy was sitting on Kurt's couch sitting lemonade and laughing about some stupid joke Kurt had told her.

"So, what do you want to do then? Just chill out?" Kurt asked, sipping some of his own lemonade.

"Sure." Ivy shrugged. Suddenly her eyes lit up and she sat up straighter.

"Oh my god, oh my god, I have something to tell you it's like super exciting." She put down her lemonade and Kurt raised an eyebrow.

"Ok so, you know how you totally like Lindsay?" Ivy started.

Kurt recoiled and blushed a deep red. "I do not!"

"Yeah, yeah" Ivy ignored him. "She said the exact same thing, anyway, I was talking to her yesterday and at lunch today and she like totally likes you. I mean sure she is going out with that douche Zach but she'll get rid of him soon enough and that's when you can make your move. But you have to do it pretty quick before she gets picked up by some other jock."

"What? No. There will be no "making a move" because I don't like her that way." Kurt said.

"Geez you two are stubborn." Ivy muttered.

"What?" he asked

"Nothing, just thinking to myself" Ivy replied. "Look, I see the way you too look at each other, I know that like such a cliché but it's true. Like star crossed lovers. And the way she went on about you yesterday when I finally got her to spill "Sure he's good-looking but he's so much more." And "The way he smiles and the way his eyes crinkle. And boy can he listen!" Ivy mimicked.

"She really said that?" Kurt asked, like a hopefully puppy dog.

"Yep. But never ever tell her I told you, man I suck at keeping secrets. If Lindsay finds out I told you she will kill me." Ivy said.

"She doesn't want feelings anyway, remember?" Kurt looked down at his hands.

"She doesn't know what she wants, she just thinks she does. What she really wants is to be with you so please just promise me you'll make a move when she's single again ok?" Ivy demanded.

"Ivy... you know I'm not a forward guy, come on." He said.

"Kurt, trust me. She won't turn you down. She can't. She's practically in love with you." Ivy reassured him.

"In love with me?" Kurt asked.

"Look, don't worry too much about it Kurt, just please stop fighting it." Ivy said.

They talked, laughed and played some x-box until 6.30pm. Ivy said good bye and got in the elevator, heading for the lobby floor of the apartment building Kurt lived in.

Minister Derek had been at work all day, leading the Saturday service and doing paperwork in his office. He worked late on Saturdays and only finished at about 6.00pm. The whole walk home he thought about the mystery girl who had taken his coat. He thought about their walk yesterday and how fun and interesting she had been. He had never met a girl so intelligent and well-read. She had great general knowledge and stereotypes sometimes suggested that the more beautiful the girl the dumber they were, she was exactly the opposite. She was gorgeous and intelligent and he could not get her out of his head.

He was so deep in thought when he entered the lobby of his apartment building that when he went to get in the elevator he didn't see the person getting out. He ran straight into them and they both almost went sprawling, the elevator doors shut and he missed his ride. He rubbed his head and looked up to see who he had run into.

He could have dropped dead. He paled. It was the mystery girl. She a similar look on her face, she had paled and looked as though she wanted to run away.

"Hi, sorry about that." He apologised awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, I wasn't looking." She shrugged.

They stood in awkward silence for a moment.

"Well, nice seeing you again; have a nice night." Derek said, wishing he didn't sound so stupid.

He turned to take the elevator but she grabbed his arm "Wait-"

He turned around slowly and looked at her beautiful green eyes, they were like emeralds.

"I... I have your coat." She said.

"Oh, yeah. You can keep it." He said coldly. He turned to leave again but she stopped him.

"No. I couldn't." She said "Do you..." she hesitated "Do you want to come around to my place and get it? I would feel bad if I didn't get it back to you." She said.

"Um, sure, I guess I could walk over now, it's only two blocks from here right?" He asked.

"Yes." She said.

After the Minister went up and dropped his stuff off at his house they had started the short walk back to Ivy's. It was quiet and awkward and Ivy wasn't entirely sure why she had asked him to come by her place. She should have just accepted the offer to keep his coat and be done with it.

"So, uh, how was your day?" She asked him

"You know, average, led a services, talked to people, did some paperwork. Nothing exciting. You?" he replied.

Ivy shrugged "Same here, nothing exciting, just hanging out with friends and stuff you know."

They were quiet a moment then the minister said "So, about that shat we had the other day in the church. Have you met anyone since then that you, I don't know... liked at all?"

"It's only been a day." Ivy replied

"Yeah, well you never know." He said and Ivy didn't know any better there was a bitter undertone and his voice was tinged with disappointment. She might've imagined it.

"Well, my friend is setting me up with this guy tomorrow night, like on a date. Her cousin actually, apparently he is super-hot and totally my type." Ivy laughed bitterly.

"And what's your type?" He asked.

Ivy glanced at him, he was looking down at the pavement as they walked along the damp sidewalk.

"You know, smart, funny, charming, romantic. A guy that doesn't just want to get in your pants." Ivy said.

The minister nodded and said "That's a good type I suppose."

They fell back into an awkward silence and Ivy wondered why she was talking about her dating life with a priest of all people. It wasn't that she felt uncomfortable around him or anything, it was just that she barely knew him and he was a priest. Priests weren't even allowed to have relationships she was fairly sure.

They arrived at her building. "Wait here, I will go up and grab your coat for you." She said, then she disappeared into the building.

Derek stood outside for a minute. He was really beginning to like this girl. And her body was so perfect, like no girl he had ever seen before. He stood outside a moment then realised something. He didn't want his coat back. She wouldn't give him and name and he wouldn't give her his, but what they could share, was the coat. He smiled to himself and walked back home without even looking back.

As he walked he thought about how if he took the coat it severe any connection he had with this girl. And even though he could never act on the feelings, the spark, that he knew was developing or the electric shock he had felt the second he laid eyes on her; he hoped that they could become friends. It would be a true test of will. Resisting this girl would be like resisting the devil. If he could do this, he would be undefeatable in God's name. He smiled to himself and walked into the lobby of his apartment building.

When Ivy got back down to where she had left the minister standing he was gone. She frowned and looked around but he was definitely gone. She was surprised when she felt a flare of disappointment. As she made her way back up to her apartment, coat still in hand, she realised she couldn't stop thinking about him. He was so worldly and interesting, he was kind, loving, intelligent. Just like most ministers only with his own twist of actual personality, unlike most old ministers. And he was hot.

His messy wavy hair that always looked like he had just run his hand through it and his brilliant light brown eyes that turned bronze when the light caught them. His chiselled, square jaw and chin and his light stubble. Fuck he was hot. So far when she had seen him, he was always wearing a suit or minister robes, though she had only met him a day ago and ran into once since. The robes and suit had not been very revealing so she had no real idea of what his body looked like but from the glimpses she had gotten through his well-tailored suit, he was ripped.

Suddenly Ivy wasn't so sure she wanted to meet Lindsay's 'hot' cousin, Heath.

When Ivy woke the next day she was surprised to remember the dream she had last night. A sex dream. And not just any sex dream. A sex dream about the minister. She felt a wetness between her legs which she felt ashamed of. He was a minister, a man of God and he was what, 10, 15 years older than her? She felt a wave of guilt as she got out of bed and washed herself clean in the shower.

She decided to skip Church that day, even though she was in the city and it was just over a 10-minute walk. Ivy did her homework and went to the supermarket to stock up her depleted fridge. Before lunch she made sure to ring her Grandma and explain what was going on. She told her Gran about her date and then regretted it as the questions came flooding through the phone. Ivy told her Gran that she was staying in the city this whole week and the next week because of her exams for school. Her Gran briefly protested but agreed when Ivy said she would come for Sunday lunch and then be back the weekend after.

After a good hour on the phone with her Gran, Ivy finally hung up and made herself a sandwich. She was sure to take a moment to admire her newly stocked fridge before she started. At about 1.30 Ivy had finished her homework, done sufficient study, washed the dishes and even vacuumed the dusty, under-used apartment.

She had some time to kill before getting ready for her date so she headed to the gym she had signed up for about 2 years ago. Ivy liked staying fit and keeping in shape so she put on her tights and training bra then jogged to the gym. Exercise helped clear her head and she needed a clear head with this stupid minister thing. When she got to the gym she made sure to check out all of the hot guys who were working out without their shirts on.

Every time she looked a guy though, lifting weights or doing push-ups, all she could imagine was what the hot minster would look like if he was lifting weights or doing push-ups. She imagined his smooth, flawless tanned skin and strong arms and chest as he beat a boxing bag or did chin ups.

After about an hour of this, Ivy cursed, gave up and jogged home to have a shower and get ready for her date. She put on a nice black dress, not too sexy or revealing and applied light make up. She did her hair, curling it into neat little ringlets and took her time applying lipstick. At exactly 6 o'clock there was a knock on her door and Ivy smiled to herself; at least he was punctual. He already had a lot more going for him than some of the other guys she dated.

She opened the door to see a cute nervous looking blond. He was fiddling with his fingers and wearing a nice suit. Ivy almost laughed at how mature they both looked. He looked up and almost gaped when he saw her. He recovered and held out his hand.

"I'm Heath" he said, and smiled warmly.

Ivy took his hand and shook it, "Ivy" she replied.

Lindsay had set up a good date Ivy thought. Getting Heath to come and pick her up was good too, Ivy wanted a guy that was willing to make an effort. She grabbed her clutch and locked her apartment.

As they stood in the elevator going down, Ivy inspected Heath. He was a good-looking boy with messy blond hair and a cute nose and square jaw. He was clean shaven and used a nice cologne.

They took a cab to a nice steak restraint down town. After they got through the awkward stuff Ivy discovered they had a lot in common. He was very big on hiking, camping and fishing and took history though he said he didn't like it much. His favourite band was '21 piolets' and Ivy laughed and told him that was hers too. They talked about football and cheerleading and school. Ivy asked him what he wanted to be when he graduated and he told her he wanted to be a piolet.

"Wow, that's gutsy, I am not fond of flying." She said.

He shrugged and said "Tastes like freedom."

Ivy found herself liking him quite a bit but she couldn't help but notice how... boyish he was. At the end of the night she reached for the check but he insisted on paying. After arguing playfully for a while about who should pay it they decided to split it.

They stumbled out of the restaurant into the night laughing and bantering. It was fair to say they got along quite well. Heath insisted on walking her home even though it was a good half an hour's walk. He was quite charming.

"So did you like the restaurant?" he asked.

"Yes, it was lovely Heath" She told him.

"Lindsay told me you were great, but that's an understatement" he flirted.

Ivy laughed and said "You flirt."

He smiled and wrapped his arm around her and walked all the way back to Ivy's.

When they finally reached the lobby of Ivy's apartment building they stopped. He turned and faced her.

"I really had a great time tonight." Heath said.

"Yeah me too" She smiled up at him.

She looked into his pale blue eyes for a moment and then he kissed her. It was a gentle, slow kiss and Ivy enjoyed every second of it.

After a moment he broke away and said "Goodnight Ivy." He squeezed her hand, smiled and turned away.

Ivy smiled back and said "Goodnight Heath."

Then she went back up to her apartment and went to sleep thinking about the perfect date she had just had.

The next day Ivy woke late again. It was 9.30am when she woke up. Ivy sat up slowly and looked at her phone. It read 9.35am Monday, 5 missed calls and 7 new text messages. Ivy rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"I hate Mondays" She murmured.

Suddenly her eyes flew open and she realised. Monday. School. Ivy cursed and leapt out of bed, normally she set an alarm but she had forgotten to after her date and she had no one to remind her to get up when she wasn't staying with her grandparents. Ivy had the quickest shower of her life and got dressed into her too small school uniform. She grabbed her school bag and books and ran all the way to school getting there in 5 minutes flat. She was got to school at ten past ten. She was two hours late.

She stopped by her locker, changed some books and ran through the halls. In her hurry she didn't see the person coming the other way. She turned the corner and slammed right into them. She went sprawling and her books went flying. She cursed and sat up she was already late enough. She looked up to see who she had ran into.

12