The Modern Governess

Story Info
Reviving a controlling female family role in one household.
3.7k words
4.21
82.6k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story does involve bodily functions, fetishes, and behavior that might offend some, who should read no further. All characters are 18 or over.

*****

It was early in the 20th century when the institution of the governess, hired by well-to-do families to care for their offspring, began to disappear. The reign of governesses in households—at least over the younger set—had reached its zenith in Britain during Victorian times. It was convenient for parents who could afford the added cost to delegate most of the responsibility for supervising even the young men and women who were 18 and older to a hired woman.

Governesses were expected to combine the roles of teacher and disciplinarian. Those charged with caring for young women imparted the basics and often more of art, music, and literature, as well as elements of fashion and proper behavior. Males were less likely to learn the arts but were also expected to conform to societal expectations of gentlemanly conduct.

Today, some families have again recognized a need to have a governess to supervise young adults—those 18 or over who may even have graduated from university but have returned home to live for lack of any or sufficient employment to support them in their own living quarters. Thus we now find that young people in their 20s may find themselves under the authority of a woman only a few years older, often in her late 20s or early 30s.

The all-powerful Victorian-age governesses played a major role in developing and even encouraging the notorious Anglo-Saxon indulgence and lust for flagellation. Behavior was learned through having bottoms bared for spanking by the governess over her lap with her strong hand. All were trained to "assume the position" for application of the thin punishment cane to their bared hindquarters.

Governesses in France, no less schooled in use of discipline than their British peers, preferred use of the many-tailed martinet. The use of the birch is more identified with schools, where masters and mistresses administered corporal punishment even more strictly than did the governesses in the home environment.

Some governesses recognized that young men, in particular, were proving their bravery at instigating their own punishment by the governess to show both their fellows and the young women that the male of the species could take whatever a governess handed out and then some. These governesses designed a clever punishment that attacked this masculine pride by requiring the young man being disciplined to put on feminine clothing, from ruffled panties to corsets to blouses and crinolines and skirts, along with stockings and tight feminine footwear.

A male so attired in frilly feminine attire would lose his inspiring appeal for both his fellows and the women when he was so humiliated. Some of the governesses also managed to develop more modern versions of the medieval chastity belts, but this time for men. This brand of discipline became known as petticoat punishment. It came with many added humiliations. The governess might accompany the misbehaving young man, now in petticoats, to the toilet, where he would be required to do his business seated on the toilet as would a lady.

Both sexes were monitored in the bathroom by the governess, both to humiliate them and to forestall any effort at masturbation. Governesses would examine the contents of the bowl before flushing and then check to see that their charges had wiped themselves properly. All were made to spread their bottom cheeks for inspection for residue of their toilet use. Stains on panties or undershorts were grounds for spanking or caning.

Another governess-imposed punishment was early bedtime. Those 18 and older expected to stay up later as they grew, so it would be quite humbling for a 19-year-old to be ordered to bed at the early hour of 5 or 6 P.M., when everyone else was permitted to stay up quite a bit later while the one being disciplined was made to don pajamas as early as 4:00 P.M. In extreme cases of misbehavior, governesses might return require the wearing of diapers and the humiliation of being changed on a table.

The modern governess charged with overseeing those 20-somethings who had returned home to save money or because they could not afford to live on their own may draw on these time-honored practices as well as newer ones.

Governesses find, for example, that use of a small notebook to record disciplinary events or offenses that earn demerits for their charges will assist in determining how much punishment is needed during weekly disciplinary sessions. Although it sometimes was customary for their charges each to have their own notebook, this approach has the drawback that the child may destroy the book, even if so doing incurs severe discipline. That may occur because naughty ones rarely stop to consider what may happen if they misbehave.

Using the notebook also permits the governess to lecture the naughty one by remarking, "I'm putting a naughty mark down for you in my book because of what you just did (or said)."

Another humiliating practice is for the governess to require the young adult being supervised to dress in a punishment outfit for scheduled disciplinary sessions. For girls in their 20s, this should include a very short skirt, preferably plaid and pleated, that is short enough so that panties are displayed. Panties may be the little girl variety, perhaps embossed with bunnies or ducks or Hello Kitty. The outfit should also feature a vest rather than a bra, and short socks and Maryjane shoes. The punishment outfit for young men should be quite similar and girlish. High pink socks as well as bright-colored panties and a short skirt are also appropriate.

Today's governess often chooses to supervise bathroom use. First, supervision of her charges there will eliminate the likelihood that the young man or woman will use the opportunity to be alone to engage in unauthorized masturbation. Second, charges who have shown themselves incapable of maintaining cleanliness may be subjected to the governess's wiping their vulval and anal regions after urination or defecation.

Third, governesses have long been partial to the enema, both because it is associated with cleaning a traditionally dirty part of the anatomy and insertion of the nozzle into the anus is a direct penetration of the most private opening. Then the recipients are humiliated by being made to retain the solution for fear of horrible embarrassment should it leak or should they expel the enema before being allowed to sit on the toilet to void its contents.

In addition to presiding over bathroom rituals, governesses can humiliate their charges by making them do their business in front of the rest of the siblings or family by using a wooden potty in the living room or family room. Imagine the shame when a 20-year-old is forced to lower her panties and pee noisily while she is squatting on the potty seat. The governess might then compound the humiliation by wiping her private parts for her.

Governesses themselves have been known for ages to have succumbed to having their charges service their own sexual needs. Those trained by severe young women crawled under the governess's skirts and lick her vulva or even her anus after she has used the toilet. Some governesses have wrecked their careers by being unable to resist having well-endowed young men in their charge plunge their strong cocks into their wet vaginal sheaths. The governesses have also fondled the still-virgin slits of their 18-year-oldfemale wards.

Some parents—especially single fathers—may have the governess care for their progeny and express the father's desire to see them disciplined by a demanding young woman. Some of these single fathers may also summon the governess to the bedroom late in the evening where they satisfy both their own unmet sexual needs since a wife's death or departure as well as the surging hormones of the young woman caring for the children.

This desire to participate in the sexually-oriented activity of younger people has led some of these fathers to hire a young governess in her early 20s and place her in charge of offspring over 18 who are generally regarded as far too old to require such supervision. Some derive special pleasure from seeing an arrogant older teenaged girl, one who is 18 or 19, made to comply with the severe discipline imposed by a 22-year-old who is all too willing to bring the daughter to heel with a bare-bottom spanking in front of the family.

Wendy Alston was one such daughter, forced to live at home at age 23 because she was earning too little to afford her own place. Her father both desired her incestually but was afraid to act on his urges. But he got his satisfaction from hiring Claudia Melville, a sophisticated red-haired girl only a few months older than Wendy but very self-assured and assertive in a charming way. He placed her in charge of his other children, Amy, 18, and Ken, 19.

Wendy felt herself ineluctably pulled under Claudia's dominant personality when the governess, permitted to discipline the oldest daughter, seized on a nasty remark of Wendy's.

"That wasn't very nice of you to say, Wendy, was it?" Claudia said in a mildly questioning tone, seemingly merely expressing warm concern for the other siblings.

Before Wendy realized what was happening, Claudia ordered the girl to lift her skirt and lower her panties, exposing her hairy split to her younger brother and sister. Then she was made to lie across Claudia's lap while Claudia spanked her.

Soon Wendy was being disciplined regularly when she came home at night. Claudia also spanked her in front of her father and humiliated Wendy totally by making her have a bowel movement while seated on a wooden potty in the living room. Soon the two other siblings were asking Wendy with sneers whether she needed to "go potty."

Claudia would be given time off, usually on Sunday, and was free to pursue her own studies during the week as Jim Alston could afford a housekeeper. But the assertive governess was soon given authority even over the docile housekeeper, Ann Wilson, despite Ann's being 31 and still single. Since she needed the work, she agreed reluctantly when Jim informed her that Claudia would be given the power to discipline her as she saw fit, including spanking, if Claudia found Ann's behavior unsatisfactory.

Claudia derived even more pleasure from requiring the demure housekeeper to lower her working pants to disclose her granny panties which Claudia then pulled down herself to expose Ann's commodious bottom. Ann also was showing Claudia her hair-covered mons that hid her tight little vulva. Although Ann had a boyfriend, she now found that Claudia was able to make the housekeeper grovel before the governess to obtain permission to see him when she finished for the day.

Claudia might choose to inspect Ann or Wendy or the two others in a most intrusive fashion whenever she felt the examination appropriate. So Ann learned that if she wanted to have sex that night with her boyfriend, she would have to ask Claudia's permission and then report to the governess the next day on the details of her lovemaking.

Claudia even outlined to Wendy, Ann, and the other two how she would examine them. She first required them to lower their jeans or trousers or lift the skirt, and then to lower panties, or in Ken's case, his undershorts. If Claudia's close scrutiny disclosed stains or anything she found of interest in the crotch, she would then have the offender hold her labia apart for what Claudia lightly called a "pussy check" or bottom cheeks to be spread for a "tushee look"; these in turn could be followed by a finger being inserted in the appropriate orifice. Ken too was subjected to the anal inspection if his shorts had skidmarks and Claudia warned him that she would make him sit down to pee if his shorts showed urine stains.

Ann also needed the work badly so she worked in fear of Claudia's displeasure, knowing that Claudia was capable of imposing horridly humiliating punishments. When Wendy made a nasty remark to the governess, Ann watched in amazement as Claudia made Wendy take off her skirt and panties, only to be diapered by Claudia, who told the stupefied Wendy that she would be changed when and if Claudia found it convenient.

One day when Ann did not respond quickly enough to one of Claudia's often-snappy orders, the governess made her pull down her granny panties while Claudia very ceremoniously donned a rubber glove and inserted a finger in Ann's hitherto unpenetrated anal opening. She withdrew it, put the smelly finger under Ann's nose, and told her she would give her an enema the next time she "acted up."

When Wendy or either Amy or Ken had friends over, Claudia would make them introduce her to them as their governess. Some of the visitors, the girls especially, would ask if the governess spanked them, since that was what the name meant to them from reading stories, and Claudia would smile and say that her charges were rarely naughty. This indirect answer, however, made it clear that she had full authority to discipline.

It was not long before Jim surmounted the barrier and invited Claudia to join him one night late in his bedroom. He was discreet for Claudia's sake, although he did not really care if his children knew he was sleeping with the governess. Claudia admired Jim's manly frame, tousled sandy-blond hair, and toned body, as well as lusting after the very pleasant prospect of having his thick, long cock held tight in her vagina.

Once after they fucked, Jim grinned at Claudia, nearly 20 years his junior, and told her he might let her spank him for being "so naughty with the nanny." Claudia smiled in response and told him that "Nanny Claudia would take little Jim over her lap for a good bottom-smacking and then she would check out his naughty bottom hole."

The bedroom was far from the rest of the sleeping quarters so no one could hear her palm slap his pale bottom until it reddened. Then Claudia inserted her finger into Jim's hairy anus and told him, again using her governess tones, "I think this little boy has some doody in there waiting to come out." She took him into his private master bath and watched as he excreted in front of her.

His cock poked out proudly in front and after he cleaned himself thoroughly, the two were back in bed, with Jim's renewed erection plunging into Claudia's hot tight cunt. Jim found himself turned out by his assertive employee's willingness to use her dominant nature to excite him. He would not tell her how much he was turned on when he noticed that Claudia's disciplining of either Wendy or Ann featured their being forced to dispense with wearing a bra, which both well-endowed women clearly felt very exposed without.

Claudia had done her homework and in a guide written for traditional governesses, found this punishment recommended as a follow-on to a spanking. When the young woman asked if she could put her bra back on, the governess would smile and comment that bras were for big girls, not ones who got spanked. This remark would cause the one being punished to cringe in shame and then start to fear that she might not get her bra back on before having to go out.

Jim did not yet know that Claudia had instituted a less revealing but even more intrusive added punishment by making Wendy or Ann use pads instead of tampons when they had their periods. All of the women were required to tell Claudia when they were menstruating and she kept a chart of that and also at times made one or more of her charges report to her when they needed to use the bathroom for any reason or had used it at work or school. Those visits were also charted, and Claudia might make the one subjected to this imposition report on what they did during the toilet trip.

Amy still used pads but Claudia told her that if she was punished during her period, she might be limited to wearing a thin pantiliner in her undies. Ann had incurred Claudia's displeasure by being a bit snippy to her during a conversation; as the housekeeper happened to be on her period; Claudia had her pull down her panties and remove her tampon.

Ann was a solidly-built woman who usually had a heavy flow each month. She did not feel at all comfortable when Claudia had her put a light-day pad in her granny panties; for the whole day, even if she changed it, she worried that someone would see a stain if the pad failed to catch all of her menses. Ann came from a working-class background where she and her siblings were spanked often by both parents but this kind of punishment at her age that involved her period still shocked her very traditional outlook.

Claudia knew enough not to permit herself any sexual contacts with her charges. She knew that the disciplinary regimen had aroused Ken's hormones and that being athletic and well-liked, he had complained to his dad that it was unfair for him to be the only one of his friends to be subjected to the humiliation of having a governess rule his daily behavior. Jim told him that he relied on Claudia to keep the household well-ordered since he had to be absent so often because of the demands of his work responsibilities.

He knew Ken could not understand this and had some concern that Ken would also, despite his resentments, develop a sexual longing for the dominant Claudia. He told Ken that he would have to stay away from Claudia's room and things and took a few other preventive steps. These included warning Claudia that she needed to avoid unnecessarily stimulating Ken sexually and that any untoward contact with him that was different from her supervision of the others would cause her to be dismissed.

Ken's athletic prowess was accelerated by his full development and Claudia noticed his well-developed genitals, when she made him pull down his pants for an inspection or spanking. She enjoyed her intimacy with Jim enough, along with the way her job played into her dominant personality, to make sure she never crossed the line with Ken. It was rough, she thought, since the young man was so tempting to her libido, but the young governess knew she had to keep control of herself, too.

Despite her familiarity with everything having to do with how traditional governesses operated, Claudia eschewed using petticoat punishment on the handsome 19-year-old. She decided that making him don panties would be reserved for a truly major time when he disobeyed her in a very major way.

After all, Jim appeared quite entranced with her despite his well-grounded nature and his focus on the substantial demands his managing a major enterprise. He missed his wife, who before her untimely death had also been a formidable woman every bit as assured as her accomplished husband. Claudia had observed the pictures of the late Gloria Penrose Alston around the home, and decided that the late Mrs. Alston was a worthy model for a young aspirant to become the second Mrs. A.

She also kept up her education, having earned her college degree from an outstanding university. She was now enrolled in a demanding doctorate program which she was able to attend to during the days when she had the house to herself or could go to the campus to confer with her advisers and classmates, as well as carry out her research.

She was remarkably competent all around, and this lent a naturally commanding air to her presence in the home as the person in charge. Gradually, many of the resentments diminished as she found that her charges were far more likely to follow her direction and avoid getting into situations that incurred her displeasure.

Wendy even began to seek her advice about her boyfriend's reliability, and Claudia was well equipped to advise Amy and Ken about their own academic prospects and paths. Ann warmed to the magnetic Claudia as well, amazing herself when she realized that the governess had gradually assumed a maternal role the housekeeper clearly craved. Claudia counseled Ann on how to deal with Ann's husband's boorish side, when he would drink too much.

12