The Murdered Football Player Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I go by 'Deputy', not 'Director'." said Conlan. "The Director gets pissed when anyone but himself gets called 'Director'."

"Oh really?" I said. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Crowbarrrr...." the chief said in admonition.

"Sorry sir." I said, not sorry at all. "Okay, Ted, I can give you this much. If you follow this advice, you will find something. If not, I can't help you much more. You should look into the girls that Jefferson Jackson was dating, and I use the term 'dating' loosely. You should also look into other students whose girlfriends were being seduced by Jefferson Jackson, students who might hold grudges that the guy was banging their girlfriends."

"All right, I'll let them know." Crenshaw said.

"Not Ferrell." I said. "Look into it yourself or have other reliable agents look into it. Ferrell will fuck it up like everything else he's touched so far."

"Here's one more idea, Deputy Conlan: bring up a couple of your SBI reservists to work with us on the case. They won't be nearly as tainted by hostilities as your regular agents."

"Good idea." Conlan said. "You know, Jack Lewis, the SBI director, was talking about disbanding the Reserve program. He says he doesn't see the value in it, but so far I've convinced him to keep it. Maybe this'll be a big feather in it's cap..."

----------------------

Later that afternoon I was in the office of Coach Harlan. This time Martin Nash had my back vis-a-vis the door. Coach Harlan was not there, but quarterback Nick Eastwood was, and Harlan had asked Nick to answer our questions as part of my deal with him.

Eastwood had dark blonde hair, a tough but handsome looking face, was at 6'4" as tall as me, and very athletic and muscular. He also had that 'aura' that my nephew Todd and some of the well-hung studs had, an aura of sexual virility and male power. Nick Eastwood was getting a lot of pussy.

"Did the SBI talk to you, Nick?" I asked.

"If that's what you want to call it." Nick said. "They hardly asked us anything. Mostly asked if we knew if Jeff had any kind of medical issues."

"Do you know if he did?"

"He was on medication for an irregular heartbeat, but the doctors kept a good watch on him and he seemed okay."

"Were you friends with him?" I asked.

"Yeah, he and I and a couple of other guys hung out a lot." Nick said.

"You went to a party last Friday night?" I asked. For the first time, Nick faltered and didn't answer. "Nick I already know the details about the nature of these parties. I'm not trying to get you in trouble; I just need to find out what happened to Jeff."

"Yeah, I was there." said Nick. When I asked him what happened, Nick said "We were hanging out with some of the alumni, you know, shootin' the shit, just waiting for the end of the evening. I fucked one of the wives, then she took Jeff into the back room. Some time later she came to the door, naked but holding a towel to her chest, screaming for her husband to come inside. He finally did.

"A few minutes later, one of the alumni came out, handed me a wad of cash that they usually throw into the pool, and told us to get onto the buses and go back home immediately. Jeff wasn't with us when we got on the bus and left, so we knew something was up with him. We didn't know he was dead until the next day, though."

"So they got all of you out of there, none of the players helped move Jeff's body?" I asked.

"That's right, they shuttled us all home, except for Jeff, and we went along with it. I divided the cash between everyone like we always do, and we went home and to bed like we were told to."

"Nick, I need the name of the woman that you and Jeff were with, and her husband."

Nick looked distraught, not wanting to give up the name of the woman and her husband, but he finally did.

------------------------

Arriving back at Headquarters, Martin and I were barely inside when Tanya Perlman came rushing up, her cheeks rosy with excitement.

"You will never believe what happened!" she exclaimed.

"My own counsel will I keep," I said, "on what I decide to believe. What is it?"

"We actually got a positive DNA match for the woman Jeff Jackson was banging!"

"Let me guess." I said. "Janet Riordan."

"How..." Tanya gasped, shocked. "How did you know?" She was miffed that I had stolen her thunder. Behind me, I heard Martin Nash laugh; I'd finally gotten a chuckle out of the guy.

I grinned. "Martin and I just found out the name after developing another lead."

"You pricks!" Tanya said, pretending to slap at me and Martin... but she was grinning again.

"Seriously, that's great that you got a DNA match." I said as we walked to MCD. "How?"

"Seems that she and her husband are swingers. You wouldn't know anything about that" Tanya said, keeping her face straight at that lie, but her eyes twinkling merrily. "Some years ago, there was a paternity issue with her youngest child. Four guys were possible as the biological father and they needed to know which one it was for medical reasons. She gave her own blood and DNA samples as part of the test, and the University Hospital kept the samples for legal reasons. And so the match came up."

"That is fantastic." I said. "We are finally moving forward with this thing. Martin, let's go visit the Riordans. Where do they live, Tanya?"

"Nextdoor County."

But our luck ran out, as the Riordans were not at home when we arrived. We'd have to try again the next day.

---------------------------

At 6:00pm the final cards in the saga of Coach Erskine "Iron Man" Marshall were played out.

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News. Channel Two News has learned that Coach Erskine Marshall has resigned as an assistant coach with the University in order to be with his family in their time of need during a medical emergency. Let's roll the tape of the press conference from an hour ago."

The tape showed Coaches Marshall and Harlan behind a table, with a University team logo curtain behind them. Coach Marshall was speaking.

"I'm saddened that I will have to be leaving this University," Marshall said, "and it's doubly unfortunate that all this excitement happened this morning to interfere with the announcement. I definitely want to thank the Town & County Police for their incredible police work in keeping me from being falsely charged, especially Lieutenant Don--."

After saying my name, Coach Marshall continued: "I need to be with my family, and I hope you'll give us the privacy we need in this medical crisis." Marshall declined to give further details about the medical emergency, and reiterated his request that his family be left in privacy.

"In this unfortunate time for Coach Marshall and his family," Coach Harlan said, his face somber and his voice wooden, "the University President and I have chosen to release Coach Harlan from his contract. While this is an unusual step just days before the beginning of the season, we believe it's only fair to Coach Marshall to be able to take a job with another school closer to home."

"I don't know if I'll be able to get a job immediately." said Coach Marshall in response to a question. "But I appreciate the gesture by Coach Harlan, and I wish this University and the football team well."

Coach Harlan said "The commandant of the Army ROTC program has asked me to thank Coach Marshall for his work with the ROTC cadets while he was here. Coach Marshall generously gave his time to help physically prepare our future officers, and the ROTC program is saddened not to have his continued help going forward."

I had said my goodbyes to Coach Marshall earlier. Part of the deal was that he would be released from his contract. He did not announce it, but he already had the offer from Coach Richmond to return to my alma mater and take his old job back, which would be kept quiet until next Spring. Also part of the deal was that everyone would pretend to be nice about it and hope the Press swallowed it. And then came the last part of the deal:

Bettina was back on the screen. "Channel Two News has also learned that Coach Willy Gonzales, the wide receivers coach, has resigned from the team for personal reasons. Coach Harlan has not yet made a statement on the resignation of Coach Martinez, but we will bring any more information to you as we get it. Tim, what do you have?"

"This is Tim Dawdle, KXTC Channel Two Sports, reporting from the practice fields on the University campus. The University has been rocked by the resignations of not one but two assistant coaches, and so close to the beginning of the season. While all University coaches and officials deny these resignations have anything to do with the death of Jefferson Davis Jackson, the timing certainly is inauspicious for Coach Harlan and his program. The NCAA has stated that they have no intention of pursuing an investigation of PED use by University athletes, but in light of these resignations and the ongoing investigation of Jackson's death, perhaps they should reconsider. There is clearly something not right about Coach Harlan's football program. This is Tim Dawdle, Channel Two Sports, with a comment."

"Geez, I hate that son of a bitch." Angela Harlan said.

"That makes two of us." I said.

"Three." said Martin Nash, standing behind us.

Have I mentioned that I am not exactly a fan of the Press... and that I might not be alone in those sentiments?

"Wonder who had the clout to keep the NCAA at bay? I'm stunned they're not all over this like flies on a cow patty." Angela the Texas detective wondered aloud. I did not answer, though I knew that one billionaire University alumnus named Henry R. Wargrave was more than powerful enough to break the NCAA to his fist, to use falconry lingo.

Part 22 - Conspiracies

"Coach, you handled all of that very well." President Wellman said. "Would you like a drink?"

"Scotch, please." Coach Brian Harlan said. "Neat."

"I'll pour you a double." Wellman said. "You could probably use it. Hank, can I pour something for you?"

"Bourbon and spring water, thank you." said Henry R. Wargrave.

The three men were in the President's office on the University campus. Coach Harlan practically gulped down his drink. It had been a rough few days for him. First, one of his best players had died, then the SBI had been crawling around. Worst of all, that bastard Lieutenant from the local Police Force had terrorized him and Coach Gonzales into a hideous deal in which he was losing his loyal wide receivers coach, and was lucky to escape with his own scalp. Agent Ferrell and Detective Ikea had been worse than useless after they were supposed to be helping him and working with him.

"Hank, are you worried about our local Lieutenant after his comments last night?" Wellman asked.

"No, Sidney." Wargrave replied. The two good friends were on a first name basis. "I think Don is simply an honest man, but he is certainly not a man to be fucked with. He does have that one quality that sets him apart from most others: unpredictability.

Wargrave continued: "I did have to fire some of my 'researchers' today... I should've been well informed that Don and Coach Marshall knew each other from Don's ROTC days. It was a grievous error for Ferrell and Ikea to try to pin the PEDs on Marshall. Of course the 'Iron Crowbar' would be loyal to his old coach the 'Iron Man', and I must admit that his anticipation of their actions and his efforts to exonerate Coach Marshall were most enjoyable to watch."

"Mr. Wargrave, I really appreciate you being able to placate the NCAA and keep them off our back."

"Oh, I can't claim credit for that." Mr. Wargrave said, outright lying. "The NCAA has no interest in exposing PED usage in their member Institutions, and especially don't want to seem to be bringing a hammer down right after your player died. They might ask a question or two after all the excitement has died down, but I think they have little interest in trying to dig up any dirt."

Wargrave continued, his voice grave and ominous: "I will say that one day they're going to find out about an assistant coach sodomizing little boys in the showers at one of the biggest-name schools in the Nation; when that becomes public, you really will see the NCAA bring the hammer down."

"Jesus." said Coach Harlan.

"Help yourself to another drink, Coach." Wellman offered. As Harlan went for another double scotch, Wellman said "I must admit, Hank, that I am really disappointed in the SBI's handling of this. They truly 'screwed the pooch' on this one. No sooner did we convince Chief Griswold to let the SBI handle it than the SBI doesn't even bother to run lab results and then announces no findings. That really pissed off the Chief, and now he's unleashed the Iron Crowbar."

"I could not agree with you more, Sidney." Wargrave said, his voice smooth and soothing. "Of course the SBI Crime Lab's director has been fired, and behind the scenes he was told to take it like a man or be criminally prosecuted. Now they're talking about offering Town & County's Crime Lab Supervisor Perlman the SBI job."

The words struck Wellman hard; Tanya Perlman was his lover. He listened through his shock as Wargrave continued: "That's all we need, one of the Iron Crowbar's closest associates in charge of the SBI Crime Lab. But she is excellent, and I can understand the political and public good of such a move."

"What about Ferrell and Ikea?" asked Coach Harlan. "I was told they're the best and that they'd help me out, but they've been nothing but a disaster so far."

"Ferrell is very secure in the SBI." Wargrave said, looking at Coach Harlan meaningfully. "He is a most valuable asset within that organization. He is going nowhere. But Ikea? He's an idiot and a religious nutball, a real kook. He'd be a virgin, except that he has hired prostitutes, and after fucking them and coming, he starts shouting for the Lord to save their from their sins."

Coach Harlan and Professor Wellman laughed.

"But yes," Wargrave said, "Ikea has become more of a hindrance than an asset to some of my associates. He does have friends, but he's going to have to be moved along." He took out his cell phone and began dialing a number...

-------------------------

"Ohhhhh..." the college-aged girl moaned as she was penetrated by her lover's cock. He began pistoning his six inch meat in and out of her tight hole. "Oh, Tommy, that's so good..."

"I love you, Candy." the boy gasped as he fucked the lovely girl beneath him. They were engaged to be married and he was blessing his luck that he was going to be fucking a woman as hot as this for the rest of his life.

"I love you too, Tommy!" Candy squealed. It felt good to have a cock pumping in and out of her tight young hole, stretching her vaginal walls apart as it filled her only to be withdrawn... only to fill her again in ecstasy.

Tommy has snuck into Candy's room at The Vision's dormitory for the purpose of engaging in hot, sweaty sex with her. They tried to be quiet to avoid being detected, but the room was still filled with the grunts, gasps and smacks of a young couple lustily fucking as they rutted hotly.

Candy looked up into the handsome young face of her lover Tommy, her feelings for him only adding to the pleasure of being fucked by him. She squeezed her cunt around his hard, pistoning shaft and pushed her ass up to meet each of his thrusts as he plunged into her again and again.

Suddenly... her mind was filled with a memory... she was seeing another young man on top of her. It was like a dream, she couldn't quite see who the stud was, but his cock was much larger than Tommy's and he was stretching her pussy painfully as he rammed it balls-deep into her... who was this guy?.... it's like a dream but it's like it really happened... oh what happened to me, why can't I remember this? Candy wondered silently as she absorbed Tommy's increasingly hard, desperate thrusts.

"Oh, gonna come soon." Tommy said, interrupting Candy's thoughts. "Can't hold back." Fucking the sexy beauty was just too much for him, especially as he had not released his pent-up desires in days.

"Go ahead and come, baby," Candy said, "we'll make it last longer the second time." No sooner were the words out of her mouth than she felt Tommy's body shiver as he began pumping his semen into her.

As the couple recovered, there was a loud knock on the door.

"Oh no!" Candy said. She quickly put on her pajamas and a robe and answered the door, with Tommy standing behind the door.

"Candy and Tommy," the man said, "he wants to see you." The man at the door was a senior executive and teacher with The Vision. But the 'he' meant the revered man at the very top.

Tommy came out from hiding and both lovers quickly dressed. The executive and two other man escorted the two to the top floor of one of the towers that looked like turrets from the outside. The glass-windowed office with views overlooking the river was spacious and beautiful, but also Spartan in the furniture's appearance.

It was dark and they could see little as the three men left them. Then, out of the shadows, the gravelly, raspy voice spoke to them. They could not really see his face, only the glint of his whitish hair gave away his presence.

"Ah, my dear Candy, and my young friend Tommy, it's so good to see you both."

"Sir, I'm sorry about sneaking in--" Tommy started.

"Oh, pshaw, that's nothing." the voice said. "A young couple in love, such a beautiful thing, I understand how that is. And I'm especially to see Candy so sexually active after her recent encounter... oh well, never mind that, let me just say that neither of you are in trouble; in fact, I asked my executive to invite you here because you have both been extremely loyal and worked so hard for me, and you've helped so many lives.

"Thank you, sir." Candy said, relieved not to be in deep trouble. "That's very kind of you to say."

"It's late, but if both of you will go with my assistant, you'll both be treated to one of our wonderful massage therapies. I find them very relaxing, and I hope you'll enjoy them."

The two young people gushed their thanks to the the great man who was the founder and leader of The Vision, then went with a pretty lady dressed as a nurse through a different door than they entered. Once in the spa, they were put in separate rooms. After a massage and a warm drink, they were told to lie on their backs and relax. Sparkling, psychedelic lights came on as soothing music played softly, then became just a bit louder as a voice began speaking to them.

They had no way of knowing that the hypnotic drugs in the warm drink were nearly the same that Don and Todd had been subjected to on a camping trip many months before...

Part 23 - The Lord's Wrath Descends

"Chief, I'm fed up. It's time for him to go."

I could not believe what I was hearing. I never thought I would be hearing Captain Harold Malone say the words I had just heard as we sat in the Chief's office.

No, the Captain was not talking about me. He was actually talking about Steven Ikea.

"I can tolerate the guy working with the SBI, but to try to frame a man that volunteered his time to work with Army cadets?" Malone growled. "That's just too much for me."

"He's already suspended." Chief Griswold said. "It won't take much to fire him, and I'm very strongly leaning that way. Are you good with that, Captain?"

"Yes sir, I am." Malone said. He pointed his thumb at me. "And if you're good with letting this former Army cadet have a shot at him first, I'm good with that, too."

I was wary, but I could see the Chief was very happy about this turn of events, and that he was going to take advantage of this huge opportunity to rid himself and this Police Force of a real problem. But all he said was: "You know, I think you guys might want to work on personnel performance evaluations together tonight."