The New Guy

Story Info
Second story in a collection that began with Ice Storm.
2.7k words
4.36
8.2k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I could get used to this," Jane said. They lay side by side in bed. It was a warm spring afternoon and they had removed all their clothes.

"I already have," Paula replied, her hand on Jane's belly. They had started lazily in the direction of having sex. It did not matter to either woman whether they did or not as long as they were together.

"I don't mean just lying here together for an hour every afternoon. But I do love this and never want it to end."

"You mean living together."

"You've thought about it, too?" Jane asked.

"A lot, but it would never work. Walt hates Michael." The child was asleep in the crib near the window.

"But I love you," Jane said. She wanted there to be no doubt in Paula's mind.

Paula playfully moved her hand down toward Jane's crotch. "So that's what this is really about? You never said it until now."

"I guess I wasn't sure."

"I know how you feel. This isn't enough for me. I love you, too. I'd rather be together all the time. But if I didn't have you at least for this, I would go crazy." At that moment Michael woke up and started to cry. "Speaking of going crazy..." Paula said as she got out of bed. "I might as well start dinner. He's not going back to sleep."

She went downstairs and looked in to check on Walt. He was not in his chair. She called out, several times but got no reply. Jane heard her and came down.

"What's wrong?" Jane asked.

"Walt's not here," Paula said. Jane immediately panicked. "Let's call the police."

"Not yet. He can't have gone far. Did you lock the door?"

"I always do." Paula replied, trying to stay calm.

"It shouldn't matter; Walt's never shown any interest in going outside."

"So what do you think happened?"

"Maybe he heard something. Or saw something," Jane said.

"Maybe somebody rang the bell?"

"I've told him to ignore it. He always has." They ran outside

He was down the block, standing in front of one of the other houses, and calling for Jessica. She had been Walt's 10-year-old friend. He fixed her bike he and taught her to make wooden toys. But that was in their old neighborhood, a long time ago.

He did not know where he was or how he got there. He said he 'heard' her calling him. He somehow figured out how to open the door, and then went down the block. Jane did not scold him. She did not want to frighten him or he might run away again. She calmly walked him home, pretending they were just out for a stroll.

Almost the same scenario happened a week later. Walt's doctor told Jane Walt had started hallucinating and it was no longer safe for him to live at home. He needed constant observation and protection. She was crushed. She had already lost Walt's mind, now she was about to lose his body, his presence. Then Walt would really be gone.

Walt smiled when the orderlies came to get him. He thought he was going to have some actual fun instead of watching other people have fun on TV. Jane went to the institution and helped Walt settle into his new room. He was so excited by the other patients that he ignored Jane and the doctor told her it was best to leave.

She went back home and fell apart. Paula took care of her and was there any time Jane needed someone to talk to or cry with. When she tried to go home Jane panicked, cried, and begged Paula not to leave her alone. Paula moved in with Jane.

"I'm just moving next door, with Jane," Paula said. She put her house up for rent and Marc was the first person who looked at it. She liked Marc from the moment they met and thought Jane would like him, too. "Why don't you meet Jane?" she insisted, before showing him the house. After he was introduced, Marc assumed they were lovers, and immediately liked them.

He looked like a college professor in his late 40's, - paunchy, gray beard, jacket with patched elbows and rumpled pants; but he was a software engineer. Both women noticed he had a sparkling (and charming) sense of humor.

Marc and his daughter, Caroline, moved in right away. She was in her early-20's. She had just graduated and was looking for a job. Marc was thrilled to have her in the house. They had spent a lot of time together before she started college and he had missed her when she went away. After Caroline left, Marc and his wife, Sarah, decided they no longer wanted to be married. Marc moved here to get a clean start.

After they finished moving in, Jane and Paula asked them to dinner. As soon as they were all seated at the table, Jane turned to Caroline and asked her how she liked college.

Before she could answer, Marc smiled and said, "While the other kids were spending their summers doing internships at law or engineering firms she was working with teachers at inner city schools."

"Oh?" Paula asked, genuinely curious.

"I wanted to get to know those teachers," Caroline said. "They're the only people who care about the inner city kids."

"What do you mean?" Jane asked.

"Our society denies those kids just about everything they need to grow up to live decent adult lives. Instead of schools teaching them to thrive, all they learn is how to survive. It's as if they were living in a jungle surrounded by wild animals." Caroline's passion impressed Jane.

"See why I'm so proud of her?" Marc said. Caroline blushed.

"I feel like I'm monopolizing the conversation," she said, "Could we change the subject?" They spent the rest of the meal in an enjoyable conversation that ranged from music and art to car repairs and computer problems, with some unsolicited career advice for Caroline thrown in.

After dessert they went into the parlor to continue their talk.

"So, are you guys working on anything right now?" Caroline asked Paula and Jane.

"Our lives have been crazy the past year. We're just beginning to settle down now."

"I understand there is a great Gay and Lesbian group in the city; but you probably know about it." Caroline offered. Paula looked at Jane and they both smiled.

"Gay?" Paula said, feigning surprise.

"Lesbian?" Jane added. They both fixed their eyes on Caroline.

She was embarrassed and looked at Marc, "Um, yeah, I thought you two were..."

Paula laughed, "Lesbians??"

"Yeah," She turned to Marc, "Dad, didn't you tell me...? "

"I told you they lived together."

"That's right," Paula said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Caroline's face reddened with embarrassment. "I didn't mean to assume..."

"Oh, that's OK. Everybody does. Paula and I are in love with each other, but we're not lesbians."

"Run that by me again?" Caroline said.

"Being two females didn't deter us from falling in love with each other."

Caroline understood immediately. "I see. That's really beautiful."

Marc was afraid he offended Jane and Paula by telling Caroline that they were lesbians. But they did not seem offended. They were still smiling. "We shouldn't have teased you," Jane said, "We feel so comfortable with you that we just went ahead and had a little fun."

"Oh...that's OK. I'm really flattered that you like us." Marc said.

"How could they not?" Caroline chimed in, and everyone laughed.

When they got inside their new house Caroline playfully confronted her father. "You liked them, didn't you?"

"Well, yeah, of course I liked them. They're really nice."

"No, I mean really liked them. I saw the way you were looking at them."

"Yes, they seemed so happy. Their love radiates out from both of them. I hadn't realized how lonely I was until tonight."

"You were attracted to them, admit it," Caroline insisted. Marc remained silent. "You think they're both hot, don't you?" Marc blushed. "I thought so."

"I wasn't all goo-goo eyed was I?" he asked, embarrassed.

"No. I could tell you were smitten, but I don't think they noticed."

"Good. That would be awkward."

"Did you notice how Marc was looking at us?" Paula said, "I think he likes us."

"Well, of course he does. We hit it off the first time we met."

"No, I mean really likes us," Paula tried to be more specific.

"Oh. You mean......you're not serious?" Jane said.

"Yes." Paula answered. They both were quiet, lost in their own thoughts.

"How do you feel about that?" Jane asked.

"I like it."

"You wouldn't leave me for him, would you?" Jane asked, a tone of concern in her voice.

"No. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. But...."

"But what?"

"....I also want to follow my heart. For most of my life I never trusted my feelings. Until I met you and my feelings blossomed in a new and unpredictable way. I like the way I am, now."

"So do I." Jane agreed, and then paused. "So....should we do something about Marc?"

"I don't know. Maybe we could work him in, somehow." They both liked the idea of 'working him in' and giggled like teenage girls. Then they kissed and climbed into bed. As they lay holding each other, Paula said, "You know what I love about you?"

"A lot of stuff, I hope."

"I mean right now."

What?" Jane replied.

"You let me say all that and didn't get upset. You understand me so well. I'm so happy we're together." Then they fell asleep.

"Michael's having a great time," Paula said. They threw a big party for his second birthday. It was chaos, the good kind of chaos; the fun kind. It was their celebration as well. The stress and sadness of the past couple years seemed finally behind them. Their household was normal, sane, and happy.

Jane offered the other parents some wine. After a few sips, everyone became much mellower. They started telling stories about their kids. As they emptied one bottle, Jane got another. A couple of the moms had several glasses of wine, but the rest stopped at one or two. Jane, Paula, and Marc consumed most of it. The party preparations had been exhausting and they needed to unwind.

The parents let their kids go berserk so they could have all the fun they could handle and now they were burned out, tired and cranky. The party finally, mercifully ended and everyone went home exhausted. Michael fell asleep after everyone left. Paula knew he would sleep through the night, which meant they had the rest of the evening to themselves.

They took the wine and glasses into the parlor. Marc sat on the couch, Paula next to him. Jane sat in a nearby high-back chair. They chatted and laughed and drank more wine. After a few moments Paula moved over to where Marc was sitting, put her head on his shoulder and said, "You're wonderful. Thanks so much for all your help."

Marc smiled, and answered, "It was fun. He's a great kid. I really like him."

Paula was still resting her head on Marc's shoulder. She playfully reached around to undo one or two buttons on his shirt. Jane just watched them. Marc did not mind Paula undoing his buttons,; perhaps he was too drunk to notice. Paula put the palm of her hand on his chest, and then slowly began moving her fingers around. She used her other hand to touch the back of Marc's neck, then his ears, and then played with strands of his hair.

Marc started to notice. He turned his head to ask Paula what was going on, but she was ready for him and kissed him on the lips. His eyes got bigger. Then Paula reached down to his belt and began unbuckling it. Marc let her undo the belt and begin to reach her hand inside his pants, and he said: "Are you trying to seduce me?"

Paula and Jane answered in unison, "Yes!"

Marc's eyes widened in surprise, and then he said, "Um...both of you?"

They said "Yes" again.

"Oh, um ladies, I am flattered but I'm not as young as I used to be-"

"Neither are we, honey." Jane's speech was slurred but sounded sexy. She got up from the chair, walked over to the sofa and sat down next to Marc. Then she began gliding her hands over his chest and back, straying a couple of times down his leg. Marc just closed his eyes, hoping this was not a dream.

"Let's go upstairs," Paula said. They disengaged and Marc buckled his belt, but then hesitated. "C'mon Marc."

"Are you sure about this?" he asked, hoping the answer would again be 'Yes'. Paula gently pulled him by his right arm, while Jane playfully pushed him from behind, and stole a few pats on his butt.

Jane and Paula had a warm and cozy bedroom with a huge king-size bed. Paula gestured toward the bed and told him to sit down. She reached out to unbutton his shirt, but he held her hand with his. "Let's turn out all the lights," he said. Jane immediately flipped the light-switch and the room became darker. But hallway light came in in through the open door. She paused, tempted not to close the door, but Marc reminded her that he had said all the lights.

They were plunged into darkness. It was not a cold darkness, like in space. It was a warm darkness, like in a womb. Jane heard the rustling of Marc's clothing as Paula undressed him. He reached out to touch the buttons on her blouse but she stopped him. "Let me," she said.

After undressing, they asked him to lie down on his stomach. They wanted to massage him to relax his tired muscles after all the work he did helping them prepare the party. He thought it was the best idea he heard in years. The room was silent, except for the sounds of their movements.

They each took a side of his body to massage. Paula began gliding the palm of her hand slowly up and down his back. Jane began touching his legs, the backs of his knees, and she teased his butt-cheek. Their touch was light, yet not ticklish. Sometimes their hands worked in unison, and they were both caressing the same place on his body. Other times, they just let their hands roam freely wherever they wanted to go. Marc thought he had died and gone to Heaven.

This went on for a couple of minutes. Then Jane whispered, "Son of a bitch."

"What?"

"He fell asleep!"

"No way!" Both women smiled in the darkness.

"So much for the seduction," Paula said. Jane giggled.

"I'm tired, too. Let's turn in." They quietly finished undressing and crawled into bed on either side of Marc.

"Jane?" Paula whispered.

"Yeah?"

"We can never let him ever forget this. Never."

Jane stifled a laugh and replied, "Not in a million years!" They were soon asleep.

Several hours later Marc awoke and crept quietly from the bed, found his clothes and gently opened the door so it would not squeak. He dressed out in the hall, and then he went home.

Later in the day he came over, ostensibly to help Michael learn how to play with his new toys. But the kid was asleep, so he sat with Jane and Paula to have coffee. Jane said, "You know, Marc, you really missed your chance to become a genuine sex object last night."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry I fell asleep. But that won't happen next time."

Jane's eyes widened and she guffawed. "Next time? You think there's gonna be a next time?" She smiled mockingly, teasing him. Paula grinned. Marc did not know exactly what happened last night. He did not want to offend them and adversely affect their friendship. It was safest just to be quiet. He excused himself and went home, hoping there would be a next time, and he would stay awake.

There was and he did.

THE END