The New Job Ch. 01

Story Info
A new job offers total exposure.
5.9k words
4.6
42.1k
40
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HStoner
HStoner
2,399 Followers

This story is a work of fiction. Any similarities to any real person or organization are unintended and entirely coincidental. There is no sex in this story. My aspiration is to set the stage for later installments that will be more exciting.

*****

I had started my job as an associate at a large law firm in town in 2003. Although I had gotten outstanding reviews and raises each year, I had not built a very substantial book of my own business. The financial crisis started in 2008. As corporate America felt the crunch, and some companies disappeared entirely, revenues at all large firms took what the senior partners considered to be a hit. Law firms started cutting costs. "Costs," of course, did not include the senior partners' take-home. Consequently, cuts had to be made elsewhere and those of us employees who could be let go without any significant loss of clients were let go.

With a sudden glut of relatively young lawyers all looking for work at once, jobs were scarce. I decided to have a go at running my own practice. I figured that my high-end experience coupled with the lower fees I could charge due to my low overhead would make me an attractive option. It didn't quite work out that way and there were more than a few months when I was behind on the rent or my mortgage payment.

Back when I was still making money, I had bought a small house in a middle income suburb. I had put a lot of free weight equipment in the basement. That equipment came in very handy when I could no longer afford my membership in a downtown gym. Since I had a lot of free time to lift and run, I was in the best shape I'd been in since I wrestled in college.

Another thing that I did with my overabundant free time was volunteer. My thinking was that I would meet new people and some of them would become paying clients if I impressed them with my volunteer work. That was how I meet Vivian Starnes.

Vivian Starnes was a local girl. She had gotten an accounting and finance degree from our flagship state university and then an MBA from Wharton. She had gone to work for a venture capital firm. Through that firm, she met and married a tech entrepreneur. Together, they built a wildly successful business. The marriage ended when Vivian learned that her husband liked to get to know their new hires, boys and girls, very intimately. Having helped start the business, Vivian was able to force her ex to buy her out for many millions as part of their divorce.

Vivian moved back to the Midwest with a good understanding of how to start and grow a business, a good understanding of tech, millions of dollars, and a burning desire to prove that she could build a very successful company on her own. She started a company that made software that did a number of things most people didn't notice. For example, she developed software and a sensor system that cities could install on their parking meters that would sense when parking spaces in a given area were all occupied and immediately adjust the parking rates to account for the scarcity of spaces. Her products sold well and most generated additional revenues through post-sale support and upgrades.

Vivian was 50 when I met her, but looked no older than 30. Her deep red hair surrounded an unlined face with piercing eyes and a sensuous mouth. She worked hard to stay in shape and had a very nice figure and long, sexy legs. As circumstances required, Vivian could be a demure society lady or curse like a trucker. Vivian also liked to be perceived as "out there" and unpredictable.

I had volunteered to do legal work for an ad hoc community group that was trying to block blasting at a quarry that was close to both a sensitive wetland and some recently built very high-end houses. One of the houses was Vivian's and she funded the opposition to the blasting. It took 18 months of litigation, but I finally obtained a permanent injunction against blasting at the site. Vivian was effusive in her praise for my efforts, which led me to hope that she might throw some paid work my way. Consequently, I was pleased, but not surprised, when Vivian invited me to a meeting at her office about a month after the blasting litigation concluded.

Vivian's company, Freya Technologies, LLC, had its own one storey building in the middle of what seemed like a private park about six miles from where I lived. You turned off of the street and followed a drive about a quarter of a mile. The building was set among the trees. To the right as I approached the front of the building was a decent-sized pond and a picnic shelter. From the outside, it seemed serene. Inside, you could immediately sense a buzz of activity. I followed a young lady to the administrative suite, which was dominated by Vivian's office in the northeast corner of the building. Vivian stood and shook my hand as I entered her office. Her dark green suit set off her copper hair well. At first glance, the suit seemed entirely appropriate for our city's most successful female entrepreneur. However, a second glance disclosed that the skirt was quite short and Vivian's blouse was open far enough to show cleavage. I wasn't offended. Vivian is a powerfully attractive woman.

After the initial pleasantries, Vivian asked, "Harry, how much do you know about intellectual property?"

"I handled a few cases, mainly copyright matters, when I was at Turkle, Strong & Hall," I answered.

"Good," Vivian said. "Freya has a lot of legal work. We often have to protect our rights in our software or some competitor whom we've aced out of a contract claims we've copied something proprietary of theirs. We have issues with vendors and customers. We sell a lot to government entities so we have government contracting issues. We have 125 employees so we have employment issues. Since I started the company, we've sent all of that work to outside counsel; but, the last couple of years, we've seen our legal expenses more than double. That's mainly because the firms we use have many fewer younger lawyers now so our work goes to older lawyers with higher hourly rates."

"A lot of firms jettisoned a lot of younger lawyers," I commented.

Vivian's conversational tone took on a hard edge. "Well, I'm tired of it," she said. "I own 90% of this company. It has done very well. I want that money to stay with me and the other people who have built this company, not to be siphoned off by leaches in expensive suits. Lawyers are a cost, not an addition to our bottom line."

"There are a number of lawyers out there now working in small, low overhead offices who have sophisticated experience," I said. "I'm sure that my hourly rate is only a fraction of what you are used to."

"I'd rather not send it out at all," Vivian said. "I want to be able to ask questions and get advice without knowing that the meter is always running. I also want someone whose interests are completely aligned with Freya's and mine." Vivian stood and came out from behind her massive desk. "Stand up Harry," she commanded. I stood. Vivian looked at me for a moment. "You stay in shape," she said.

"I try," I responded. "I lift four days per week and run the other three."

"That's good," Vivian said. "Sit back down." Vivian went back behind her desk and sat. "I want to hire an in-house counsel. I was very impressed with what you did in the quarry case. I've checked into your background pretty thoroughly. What I learned favorably impressed me. Are you interested?"

I really liked being my own boss. However, as Vivian undoubtedly knew, I couldn't afford to dismiss any job offer out of hand. Vivian went on, "We work hard here, but we play too. You will never be asked to do anything which you think is improper. If you see impropriety anywhere in the company, you stop it and then tell me. You will report directly to me. Interested?"

"Yes, I am," I replied.

"Good," Vivian said. "One thing you should know is that, while we have some men in the back working on the hardware which we can't contract out, our designers, engineers, sales and support people, and management are all women. You would be the first man to work in the front of the building. Can you handle that?"

"Absolutely," I replied.

"Good," Vivian said. "The job as I envision it has another quirk or two, but that's nothing you won't be able to handle if you are willing. You will be very well compensated. All of our staff is. I'll have an employment contract with the exact terms sent to you by next Monday. That will be the offer. You can accept or decline as you see fit. If you have a few moments, I'd like you to meet Christy Wolfe. She's the person, other than me, with whom you'll work most closely."

"I'd be pleased," I said.

Vivian picked up her phone, punched a single button and, a moment later, said, "Would you come in and meet Mr. Stone? Thank you."

About a minute later, the door to Vivian's office was opened by a very beautiful woman. Christy Wolfe was, I later learned, 28; three years younger than me. She had shoulder length blonde hair, big blue eyes, high cheekbones, an upturned nose, a dazzling smile, and a complexion that radiated health and energy. She had sort of an "All-American girl," only sexier. Her blue polo shirt and khaki slacks suggested that she also had a great body. Christy stepped forward with an extended hand as I stood. "Mr. Stone, I am so glad to meet you," she said and sounded like she meant it.

"Christy," Vivian said, "could you take Mr. Stone to your office and give him a better sense of the company and the job? I have to finish reviewing this proposal to DOE."

"Sure," Christy said. "Mr. Stone, would you follow me?" Christy turned and disclosed a tight ass cloaked in her khakis. I had no hesitation in following her.

Once we were in Christy's much smaller office, she started by saying "I'm so glad Vivian is going to bring in a lawyer. She's had me doing things like reviewing contracts that I'm not comfortable with nor qualified for."

"What is your job?" I asked.

Christy let out a sigh. "My title is director of finance. I handle all of the company's books. I also handle all of the admin stuff from purchasing computers and furniture to calling the plumber if a toilet malfunctions. I also handle the HR. Thank god we have an outsider do payroll and benefits."

What is it like to work here?" I asked.

"Hectic, but not bad," Christy said. "Vivian is driven and expects all of her staff to be driven and work hard. However, she is fair, pays well, and gives great benefits. The working atmosphere is great but that is because everyone is so young. Vivian likes to hire straight out of school and train people herself. After Vivian, I'm one of the oldest people here except for a couple of guys in the back. But..." Christy paused.

"But what?" I asked.

"Well," Christy said, "Vivian told you that you would be the only man working in the front, in our offices, right?" I nodded. "That is a big deal to her," Christy said. "Vivian told me that, if she hired a man up here, she would 'make it interesting.' I'm not sure what she has in mind, but Vivian does off-the-wall things at times. She says that it is because she has enough money already that, if anyone doesn't like something she does, she can just tell them to fuck off."

Christy and I talked about the company for another half hour. Besides being beautiful, Christy was smart, down-to-earth, and easy to talk to. I left thinking that I still had some doubts about Vivian Starnes but that I would like working with Christy Wolfe.

My meetings with Vivian and Christy were on a Wednesday afternoon. That Friday, a large Freya Tech envelope was delivered to my office. I put it aside to read over the weekend. I opened the envelope Sunday and found an employment contract. I was being hired as Freya's general counsel for an initial term of two years subject to automatic annual renewal thereafter unless the Company or I gave 90 days' advance notice of non-renewal. My base salary would be $ 200,000 (about five times what I was then earning) with a potential bonus based on a very complicated formula. Everything was fine until I reached the last page of the contract. What I read there floored me.

Just a couple of paragraphs above the line for my signature was a paragraph headed "Workplace Dress." The first sentence was crystal clear: "Except as provided in this paragraph, the General Counsel shall be completely nude at all times while on Company property; provided, however, that the General Counsel may wear sandals to protect the soles of his feet, eyeglasses, and any items deemed medically necessary." The paragraph went on to say that I should be "professionally dressed" any time that it was probable that I would encounter persons not employed by the Company, "unless directed otherwise by the CEO," and that any violation of this paragraph would result in immediate termination for cause.

I called Vivian Starnes on Monday to ask if she was serious about the mandatory nudity clause. "Of course I'm serious about it," she said. "Since you'll be the only man in the front office, we thought we'd spice things up a bit. It will be fun. Besides, given your trips to Haulover, Paradise Lakes, Club Orient, and Hedonism II, I'm sure that you won't mind." How in hell did she know about that?

I told Vivian that I'd think about it some more but that it seemed unprofessional to me. A few minutes later, Christy Wolfe called me. "Harry, I know that Vivian is being a jerk about the nudity. She likes to do things that are offbeat just to do them. I'm sorry that you have to be the victim of it. But, we really need you. I need the help. Vivian has me handling legal matters and I'm not remotely qualified. I'll make sure that no one hassles you for being naked. Please?"

Well, the thought of working naked with Christy Wolfe did have some appeal. It would be better if Christy was working naked too.

Vivian Starnes was starting to spook me a little. She seemed to even be able to read my mind. Vivian called back about an hour later. "Harry," she said, "I've thought about the nudity and I'm convinced that it is essential. However, I appreciate that it is an unusual condition of employment. Here's what I'll do: First, your base salary will be $ 250,000. Second, if you stay nude at all times you are here for the first six weeks, I'll require Christy Wolfe to start working nude as well."

"What does Ms. Wolfe think about that?" I asked. Vivian just laughed and said, "Think about it. I'd like to know by tomorrow that you've accepted my offer."

A few minutes later, I received an e-mail from Vivian with a revised employment contract attached. The stated base salary was now $250,000. The "Workplace Dress" clause had been modified: "As a further inducement to General Counsel to enter into this agreement, Company promises to require Christina Wolfe to be completely nude at all times on Company property as required herein upon General Counsel's completion of six weeks of service in full compliance with this Agreement. Once General Counsel and Ms. Wolfe begin working in the nude, neither may be discharged or suffer a reduction of their base salaries except for conduct in violation of law. This provision is intended to benefit and may be enforced by Christina Wolfe and/or General Counsel."

About an hour later, I received a second call from Christy Wolfe. "Harry," Christy said, "Vivian has shown me the modification she made to your employment contract. I'm not happy about it, although I guess it is fair that, if you have to work naked, I should too. But, Vivian has me over a barrel. I'm an employee at will so she can fire me anytime. There is nowhere else that I can make anything near what I make here, and I need the money. If you take the job and we both comply with the nudity requirement, I'm basically immune from being let go. I need that! I really need you to take the job! Hell, I don't know, maybe it will be fun working together with no clothes on."

Shit. Vivian had me over a barrel too. It was no longer just my future at stake. Now, Christy Wolfe's job security depended on what I decided. This was tough. I had a good friend from law school, Elaine, with whom I could discuss anything. I figured she could give me some thoughts about this situation.

I wasn't able to reach Elaine, who lived in Seattle, until that night. She did not see my dilemma. "What's the big deal with working naked?" Elaine asked. "I wish that I could. They're offering you a ton of money and basically saying that you can't be fired. You say that this Christy Wolfe is good-looking and a nice person, so what's your problem working naked with her? Hell, maybe you'll end up fucking each other. I think this is a no-brainer. Take the job!"

Talking to Elaine got me thinking that maybe I was making too much out of the nudity. I'd been nude at beaches and resorts before. I was in reasonably good shape. Still, being naked every day in a building full of clothed women? Well, after six weeks one woman would be naked too. That the woman was Christy Wolfe was a plus.

With some trepidation, I picked up the phone the next morning and called Vivian Starnes. I told her that I would take her job. She agreed to give me 30 days to wrap up the small amount of work I had in my solo practice. Christy Wolfe called me a few minutes later. "Harry, thank you," Christy said.

I was very nervous as I got out of my car and walked into Freya Tech for my first day at my new, or nude, job. It was a warm spring day so I wore khakis, a broadcloth shirt, and the sandals that I'd get to keep on. I almost didn't open the glass front door when I saw three women in the lobby waiting for me. I recognized two of them as Vivian and Christy. I was soon introduced to the third, a young brunette named Terry who was Christy's assistant and would also serve as mine.

Vivian led the way to the management suite. I couldn't help thinking that this might be the last time I walked down that hall with my clothes on. Vivian made a right turn just short of her office door into a large space with no door and two desks and credenzas. One desk was clearly already in use. "We knocked out a wall and created this large office for you and Christy to share," Vivian said. "I thought it would make more sense when you're both working nude." I glanced at Christy who was looking at the floor. With something between a smile and a leer on her face, Vivian pointed at the empty desk. "That's your desk Harry. I think it's time for you to get into your work outfit."

Vivian, Christy, and Terry were all now looking at me. Shit. I had agreed to this. I unbuttoned my shirt. Once I had it off and in my hand, Vivian said, "Give it to me." I did. I slid my feet out of my sandals and left those on the floor. I took my wallet, phone, and keys out of my trouser pocket and set them on the desk. I undid my belt and the button on the waistband of my trousers. I pulled down the zipper of my trousers, let them drop, and stepped out of them. Vivian made a gesture so I picked my trousers off of the floor and handed them to her. Standing in just my boxers, I looked at the three women. Vivian was still smiling, if that's what you could call it. Terry looked a little shocked. Christy was the hardest to read. Her face was totally blank. She did look me straight in the eye.

After a moment, Vivian said, "The rest Harry." I put my hands into the elastic band of my boxers and pushed them down my hips. I guess to conceal myself a little; I bent down as I guided my boxers down my legs. I was crouching when they reached the floor. Still bent over, I stepped out of my boxers. "Harry, give me the underwear and straighten up so we can see you," Vivian said. I did as I was told. I was suddenly acutely aware of the air conditioning. All three women were looking at my dick. I was surprised that I wasn't embarrassed. It actually felt pretty good to be standing naked in front of three clothed women, two of whom were exceptionally attractive.

HStoner
HStoner
2,399 Followers
12