The New Wolf Ch. 04

Story Info
Busy nights.
9.5k words
4.76
24.2k
60

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/06/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Many thanks to my editors Jayknie and not sweetenough! And thanks for the feedback everyone!

*****

She knew. Lucas saw it in her eyes. He hoped the realization would've had her run to him instead of bolt out the door, but he felt like now was the time to act. He moved through the crowd, wishing he'd been closer to the exit. The visiting Alpha took over for James and told everyone to head outside. The flux of people moving made it impossible for Lucas to squeeze out.

"Lucas wait." Roxy's voice carried over the crowd.

He didn't stop. Whatever advice Roxy wanted to give he didn't need it. Finally, the sea of people moved enough that Lucas found himself outside. He spotted the shredded blue dress and knew Clara shifted right away. He didn't bother taking his clothes off either as he turned into his wolf. He could smell her and took off on her trail, hoping she wasn't traveling too fast for him to catch up.

He knew the paths she liked to run, since the only time he got to spend with her was in their other forms. None of them were very far away from the lodge and he hoped she wasn't jarred enough to leave pack lands. There was still an outcast somewhere nearby. The thought of harm coming her way again made him push harder. He would find her; Lucas was certain tonight would be the night he was with his mate.

Lucas continued to chase her scent, but never got a glimpse of her. He was proud that his mate had such speed, but wished she wouldn't use it to get away from him. He debated on giving up and waiting for her to come back to the lodge, but then her scent started to get thicker. She was slowing down. He wasted no time speeding up and his heart skipped a beat when her tan coat came into view. She trotted along a path, not showing any signs on distress. Lucas ran in front of her and she stopped.

She trusted him in this form, he knew that. She looked happy to see him and started bowing her front legs. Lucas knew it was time. He locked eyes with her and didn't engage in her playtime suggestion. Instead he shifted back, the entire time retaining eye contact. He stayed low in his human form and watched the desperate look on her face. She turned to run away.

"Please don't," Lucas said. "Please stay, give me a minute to say some things. Then you can take off and I won't bother you again."

His breath caught in his throat. She stopped moving. As she turned herself back to face him he let a smile come to his face, a small victory.

"You are mine. I know we got off on a rough start, and I am not proud of my behavior, but now you know the truth. I saw it on your face tonight. I have been miserable without you and I am willing to do anything to earn your forgiveness. I want to protect you, love you, treat you like the goddess you are. Please give me the chance."

She stayed still, the hurt and confusion showed all over her face. A face Lucas wanted to cradle and comfort. He held out his hand, hoping she would walk towards him and nuzzle it, but she stayed motionless. Crouched down Lucas started towards her, keeping his hand extended. He was centimeters away from her snout when the confused look vanished. She turned and ran off into the woods leaving Lucas alone.

That was it. Roxy had been right. Clara wasn't interested in forgiving him. He let out a scream in frustration.

"This is not fair. I did nothing wrong! She's the one who didn't behave like a mate should," Lucas said to no one.

The frustration turned to anger and Lucas shifted back to his wolf form. He ran straight back to the lodge, cursing the moon goddess the entire time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Clara's head was spinning. She needed time to process her situation. She made it back to the lodge. Ignoring all the people coupled up on the lawn she spotted a set of clothes to steal and shifted back. After dressing she ran up the steps.

"Clara what's wrong? Where are you going?"

She spun around to see Roxy standing there. The blue eyed Alpha was next to her. Both of them fully clothed. Not knowing where to start Clara didn't say a word before a sob broke out. Roxy took a step towards her with open arms but Clara held up her hand and took a step back. Now was not the time to debate whether Roxy was a friend or not. Clara turned and ran into the house. She made her way to the second floor and went straight for her only real friend's room. She didn't bother knocking before flinging open the door.

Suzy was sprawled out on the bed, hugging a pillow. She looked at Clara with wide eyes. She wiped her own tears away before turning and sitting up.

"What's wrong?" Suzy asked.

The look on Suzy's face made Clara feel instant regret for barging in like this. She sat down next to her friend.

"You first," she replied.

"I guess you were right." Suzy wiped her nose as fresh tears streamed down. "I can't believe that James found his mate."

Another sob came out of the girl and Clara leaned in, wrapping her in a warm embrace.

"This is so stupid. I should be happy. We have a Luna now and I'm sure she's wonderful. I always knew that our thing would come to an end, but I think I assumed it would be me who found my mate first and not the other way around."

Clara ran her hand up and down Suzy's back, not sure she had any words that could comfort the poor girl. Normally in a situation like this Clara would call the guy an asshole or point out that she was better off without him, but James wasn't an ass and Clara didn't know if Suzy was. Suzy pulled away from Clara and wiped her eyes again. She took a breath and spoke with a calm voice.

"Enough about me. Tell me what's got you upset. I'll appreciate the distraction."

"Lucas told me he was my mate," Clara blurted out.

She expected a shocked look on Suzy's face, but she seemed unfazed.

"You knew?"

"Everyone does." Suzy nodded.

Clara sat back on the bed.

"Why didn't anyone tell me before?"

"We tried a few times, but you hated him so much for what he did. Then James decided it was best to keep you in the dark. You were pulling away from the pack so much he was scared the information would have driven you away completely."

"Why?"

"Finding out that you have a soulmate who you happen to think of as a rapist? That wouldn't go over so well for most people. James ordered him to stay away from you. Nobody was allowed to tell you either. After you moved in permanently James stepped back and decided to let Lucas figure out a way to let you know."

"I don't understand," Clara said. "If he's my mate why did he try and attack me? I saw James and his tonight. She whispered something to him and he took her out of the room. I was screaming for help and Lucas wouldn't stop."

"Most mates go at it pretty hard when they meet for the first time. I was grateful they left the room, but that isn't standard. Lucas is the norm on that front."

"But James' mate was into it too, why wasn't I? Isn't it supposed to feel electric when we touch?"

"We're not sure on that one," Suzy said. "James thinks you might have still been too human; you were only a wolf for a day at that point. Or else the drugs might have made you less aware, we're not sure."

"The drugs?"

As soon as the words left Clara's mouth Suzy's eyes went wide. She started to mumble, but Clara couldn't understand what she said.

"What drugs Suzy? Tell me."

The girl looked away before turning her head back and letting out a sigh.

"Remember how unhappy you were? Treating this place like a prison? James was so sure you were going to try and run away, everyone was! If you had than we would've hunted you down and you would've spent some time in a cell. James didn't want that, so he asked me to slip something in your dinner, just to help you sleep."

"YOU DRUGGED ME?!?!?!" Clara sat up from the bed.

"Please don't be mad. I was only following orders."

"No. That is not an excuse. You drugged me without my knowledge, then what I believed was a sexual assault ended up being my soulmate unable to control himself around me and everyone decided it was a good idea to keep it a secret? Do you realize how fucked up this is?"

"You were so overwhelmed and there's more to the story. You see Lucas started to..."

Clara was seeing red. She didn't even hear Suzy try and explain herself.

"You're all crazy, lying, manipulative people," Clara interrupted. "This whole time I thought you were my only friend here, but you know what? I was wrong. I have no friends here. Do me a favor and stay out of my life!"

Clara left the room and slammed the door behind her. She could hear Suzy's protests, but wasn't interested. She started towards the stairs, determined to get answers and angry enough to have some nerve. She made it to the third floor, but before she could step into the hall a familiar pain came back. Clara sucked in a deep breath and brought her hand to her heart. She slid down the wall biting her tongue and refusing to cry out. She pinched her eyes closed and hoped it was a short episode.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lucas knocked his lamp to the floor. He flipped the table it had been standing on. He walked over to a couch cushion and started to rip it apart. The image of Clara turning and running off ran through his head over and over again. How dare she! Who did she think she was! He put himself out there, offered her unconditional love and protection. Lucas punched a wall.

Tonight at the party she had a sudden look of clarity, but he started to wonder if she'd known all along. She liked playing stupid and keeping him waiting in the wings. That was the only logical explanation. She was the bad guy here, not him. All he'd wanted to do was be with his mate, but she made that impossible.

A knock sounded at the door and Lucas let out a huge growl. He knew some of the visiting pack members were supposed to stay in his extra rooms, but no way was that happening. They could sleep outside. He'd deal with the fallout later.

"Open up." Roxy's voice carried through the door as the handle jiggled. "I'm worried about you."

"I'm not in the mood." Lucas yelled back.

"I saw Clara, she looked pretty upset."

Lucas felt a pang of guilt. As quickly as it came on he pushed it away. He no longer cared if she was upset, and what right did she even have to be upset? He was the one who was rejected and left alone in the woods. He knew the reason he cared was because he was such a good guy, but he told himself no more. No more trying to behave, no more acting like Mr. Sensitive. Lucas was back to doing whatever he wanted. Right now he had a pretty good idea how to work out that rage.

He went to the door and flipped the lock, pulling it open. He didn't give Roxy a chance to say anything before he was on her. She wrapped her arm around his neck and started kissing him with the same fire. He flung her down on the floor and dropped down on his knees next to her. She pulled his pants down and wrapped her mouth around him. Normally he loved watching her take his thick cock between her lips, but right now he needed something harder. He grabbed the top of her dress and with one move ripped it in half.

"Hey! I liked that."

Lucas didn't want to hear her talk. He grabbed her by the hips and turned her around. There were no gentle caresses or easing in, with one stroke he rammed himself to the hilt. She let out a moan, Lucas wasn't sure if it was out of pleasure or pain and didn't care either way. He gripped her hips and started ramming in and out of her. She started moving in tandem with him, backing up to meet his thrusts. It did not take long for the tension to build. He exploded inside of her then collapsed on top of her, both of them lying on the ground.

"Well that was different," Roxy said. "But I liked it."

Lucas didn't say a word because he didn't care. He rolled off on her onto his back. She turned and tried to cuddle on his chest. He just stared at the ceiling and tried to ignore the guilt and shame he knew he deserved.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Is there a reason you're sitting in the doorway?"

Clara looked up to see David's blue eyes looking down at her. He held his hand out and she took it as he pulled her to her feet.

"I had a chest pain. I really wish they would stop." Clara took comfort in speaking with him on the topic, since he was a turned wolf as well.

"Do you need me to find a doctor?"

"No thank you, it's passed," Clara said. "How long did you have to put up with them?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"The chest pains? My alpha told me all newly turned wolves get them."

"I've never heard that before."

Clara frowned and thought about all James' lies thus far. She shook her head, not wanting to have another reason to be angry. She was happy when David changed the subject.

"I was supposed to stay with the Alpha, but that's not going to happen. I was hoping to find a spare room, or even a nice couch, you wouldn't happen to know of any?"

"Didn't find a lucky girl to make a night of it with?" As soon as the question left her mouth Clara brought her hand to her lips. She didn't mean to sound so disrespectful.

"Not yet anyway," David said.

Clara's eyes went wide and he let out a laugh.

"Only teasing, sleeping around isn't my style."

Normally Clara would have been flattered, but the image of Lucas came to her mind. Then the urgency of her mission. She needed to find him, touch him, and figure out if it was real. She didn't know if she could forgive him, but what if it wasn't his fault? What if she wasn't drugged? Both of them deserved a second chance.

"On the second floor the rooms in the back and empty," Clara said. "Not sure if your pack members have them already, but it's a good place to start. If you're really desperate in the basement there's a pool with some lounge chairs. All the couches are in storage for the night."

"I guess a night by the pool is on my plate," David said with a grin. "I never got your name."

"Clara."

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you Clara. I do hope whatever upset you so much earlier has past."

"It will soon," Clara replied. "Thank you."

David nodded his head before continuing down the stairs. The adrenaline driving Clara's bravery had dried up. She was tempted to run back to her room, go under the blankets, and pretend none of this had happened. Instead she thought about Lucas' speech earlier. He wanted her. He did not want to hurt her. She told herself that over and over again as she made her way down the hall.

She stopped in front of his door. It was thicker than the ones on her floor. She raised her hand and knocked twice, scared she was about to lose her nerve.

"Find somewhere else to sleep," his voice came through the door.

Clara started to turn around, but stopped herself, scared if she left she'd never come back. Not knowing the right words to say she raised her fist and knocked again.

"Go the fuck away," Lucas said.

Clara looked around the hall. It was empty but for her. Again she raised her fist and knocked. She heard footsteps coming and braced herself.

"Are you a fucking moron? Do you not know what..." his voice trailed off as he opened the door.

The mean look on his face softened. Clara stared at his eyes. The hazel color looked like it was spinning. He stepped into the hall and closed the door behind him.

"Were you sleeping? I didn't mean to wake you." Clara looked down and his perfectly muscled chest. He wore sweat pants low on his hip bones and she brought her eyes back up, not knowing where to look.

"No you didn't wake me," he said. His voice was soft and reassuring.

"This is awkward," Clara said. "I'm not sure where to start."

"How about here?"

He took a step towards her. Clara wanted to run away, but she needed to know. He brought his hand up to her shoulder. The second their skin made contact it felt like electricity was flowing from his body to hers. It was warm and tingly, sending sparks through her body. She let out a whimper and he stepped closer to her, bending his head down in the process and lightly kissing her lips.

Clara had never felt a kiss so perfect. His lips were soft and made all the right movements. His tongue was relaxed as it probed hers. She wanted more of him. She brought her hands up around his neck and he pulled her tighter against him. They continued to kiss as he moved his hands up her back, sending the sparks everywhere. She noticed his hand was under her shirt. She went rigid, remembering their last encounter. She knew this was crazy, she didn't even know this man, but her heart fluttered and something told her this was right. She relaxed in his embrace.

He continued to move his hands up, pulling the front of Clara's shirt against her. She wanted to take the whole thing off, to feel his skin or hers. She wanted to get as close to him as possible. Then she remembered where she was. In the middle of the hallway. She pulled away, he let out a growl and continued to kiss her. Clara fell back into the kiss for a moment. She wanted him as bad as he wanted her, but not in a public place. She pulled away again and pressed her forehead against his, showing him she wasn't leaving.

"Can we go inside your place? Maybe find a bed?"

"Let's go downstairs, to your room," he said.

"Why? Yours is right here."

"There's some visiting pack members in there, I want you all to myself."

He started kissing her neck and Clara let out a small moan. She didn't know if she could make it to her room. Before she could point that out the door to his apartment swung open. Lucas lifted his head and turned to the doorway. Clara leaned over and what she saw made her blood run cold. Standing in the doorway was Roxy. She was completely nude. One glance over her showed dried cum on her thigh and any wolf with a halfway decent sense of smell could tell Lucas had been all over her.

"Did you get..." her voice trailed off when she saw Clara and Lucas.

A huge grin formed on her face.

"Hi Clara," she said. "Did you want to join Lucas and I in some fun?"

"Clara it's not what it looks like."

Clara backed out of Lucas' arms. He stood still while Roxy leaned against the doorframe, completely shameless.

"It looks like you just got done fucking Roxy," Clara said. "Am I wrong?"

"Don't be mad at him," Roxy said. "It means nothing. He has needs. You weren't around so I've been helping him out. It hasn't been like an everyday thing. Tonight was the first time in over a week."

"What?" Clara could hear the words, but couldn't make sense of them.

"Well after he found out you were his mate, he needed release. I've been here to give it to him."

Clara glanced back and forth between Roxy and Lucas. She looked smug while he looked miserable. Then something Roxy said became more important.

"When was the last time?" Clara asked.

"What does it matter?" Lucas replied.

"Answer me. When was the last time?"

"Two Friday's ago." He hung his head.

Clara brought her hand to her heart. The chest pains. That was what caused them.

"After a few weeks I tried to reject you, I really did. To ease your pain, but I didn't mean it," Lucas said. "I took it all back as soon as you were injured by that outcast. I promised myself I would stay true and wait for you, I didn't want to cause you anymore pain, but then tonight I thought you rejected me."

"You knew?" Clara narrowed her eyes. "Every time you slept with her you knew what was happening to me?"

"Clara you have no idea how hard it is to know who your mate is and not touch her. I couldn't handle it. I would have gone crazy or attacked you again if I didn't find a way to get a release."

"How hard it is? I'm supposed to feel bad for you? You were too horny to keep it in your pants that is your excuse? Do you have any idea how much pain you've caused me? Not mental, physical. It felt like I was dying!"