The New Wolf Ch. 06

Story Info
Keeping Old Friends.
9.2k words
4.74
20.2k
54

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/06/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

First they went to the bank. The manager took one look at David's account and they were treated like royalty. Clara left with a new charge card. David didn't mention a limit and she didn't ask. Next they went to target. It took three shopping carts to get everything on the list. Once they loaded up the van David grabbed Clara's hand and started walking her back inside.

"Is there more?"

"Now we're going for you," he said. "I want you to grab whatever you think you might need until the spring, we'll probably get out again, but you never know."

"What about to visit other packs?"

"Winters are too tough for us," David said. "Our visit to James was the last of the season. We do most in the summer."

"Why are these visits so important? Just to find mates?"

"There are currently forty-one packs in the continent. All have under one hundred members. Last I heard we are the smallest. Most are in the west, or Canada. We are social creatures and it is fun for most of us, and meeting mates is key, but I think it's mainly to keep the peace."

"I take it there wasn't always peace?"

"Legend has it we used to war all the time. Then the council formed, made laws and now most packs get a long."

"So what are the rules?" Clara picked up a winter hat and tossed it in the cart. David grabbed three more and through them in. She gave him a look and he shrugged.

"No pack may have more than one hundred members, alpha responsibilities, each pack must see every other pack at least one time in ten years, all new packs need council approval, a declaration of war needs council approval, they cover the election of the alpha, the determination of the beta, and then there are some things about human interaction and outcasts. That's about it."

"Sounds like a lot to me," Clara said.

"It really isn't. Like you said yesterday the council is a bunch of old rich men. They keep to themselves. Every three years there is an Alpha summit where all the leaders attend, but other than that it's rare you see an elder. The average wolf will never meet them."

They continued walking through the store. David turned the cart into the clothing section and started throwing shirts and pants in the cart.

"Those don't look like they'll fit you." Clara looked at the women's t-shirts and sweaters he was picking at random.

"And you were being too picky, so I'll buy you everything and then you can pick when we get home."

"I have enough clothes." Clara said. "I'm a simple girl."

"You took one bag. That's not enough clothes. I'd ask James to send the rest of your things, but I don't think there are many. Why not start fresh?"

"I feel weird having you pay for this. I've paid my own way since I was sixteen."

"I'm not paying for it; the council is technically. As Alpha I determine how money is spent and I think you're a fine cause. Besides, this isn't Rodeo drive here. Relax and have some fun."

Clara looked at a rack on her right. She picked up a print sweater and threw it in the cart. David gave her his signature grin and she felt her heart melt a little. Clara looked on the next display of shirts. They were plain long sleeved cotton. She picked up a black and a white one and added them to her pile. David reached behind her and grabbed one additional in every color.

Deciding two could play that game Clara walked straight ahead out of the women's section and into the men's. She started grabbing one of every item, once her hands were filled she walked back to David and the cart. She dropped the clothes on top of the pile he had been adding too.

He returned with another arm full of women's stuff. He looked at the men's sweaters and up at Clara. She wore a smug smirk, but he kept on smiling.

"Now that's the spirit," he said. "Let's head over to the shoes. You can pick me out some sneakers while I'll get you boots."

The cart was overflowing with clothing already, but Clara had a feeling if David got his way they would be pushing five or six carts out filled with things just for her.

"Fine," Clara said. "You win. I'll start shopping."

"We're not putting these back though." David reached into the cart and pulled up a pair of fleece pants Clara had grabbed for him. "These have little English Bulldogs, I'm keeping them."

"You like bulldogs?"

"I had one growing up," David said.

"Tell me about him."

"She was an adorable little wrinkly thing..."

David went on about his childhood dog and Clara hung on every word. They continued like that for the rest of their trip around Target. Soon they were loading up the van and Clara couldn't believe how quickly the time was passing. Every moment spent with him made her forget about her past and focus on her future.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~

Lucas sat on the bench in the cell. He leaned forward with nothing to do but wait. The seconds felt like minutes, when finally, the footsteps echoed down the hall. Lucas rose as James walked in the door.

"Have you made a decision?" The Alpha asked.

Lucas nodded his head. He kept his jaw tight and eyes locked with James.

"Care to share? Am I getting a pack member or sending out an Outcast?"

Lucas rolled his shoulders back. James looked annoyed, but Lucas would not change his glare.

"Neither. I feel you are no longer competent as Alpha of this pack. Your actions have led to the loss and kidnapping of a pack member. I believe I am more qualified and am formally issuing a challenge."

James sneered at Lucas and let out a roll of a laugh.

"You do know how an alpha challenge works correct? I have to get a council member down here. Then before the fight even happens you need to have ten percent of the pack behind you. That would mean eight people. Have you ever even spoken to eight people?"

"I am not the only one who has issues with your leadership."

"You're a great fighter Lucas, but we both know you could never take me in one on one combat. If it even comes to that. You're essentially throwing yourself out, but being a pain in my ass while doing it."

"As a pack member I have the right to challenge."

James shook his head.

"Council members are not known for their flexibility. If he arrives and you don't have your ten percent he might rip your head off, literally. It will be a death sentence."

Lucas did not show his fear. He went over the plan again and again in his head. He was certain six members would back him. That gave him a week to find two more. Not everyone loved James as much as he thought. Besides, there was no other way to get Clara back.

"Alright," James said. "I accept your challenge. Arrangements will be made for as soon as a council member can arrive. I will contact them now. In the interim I am no long your alpha. Lucas felt a sting in his chest, like his heart was loosening and spreading away. You may stay here until the challenge, but will not disrupt the pack. If you bring harm or violate any rules of my home, I will kick you off the grounds until the challenge."

"You're letting me stay?" Lucas asked.

"Only because I have to," James said. "If you win and become alpha you will realize there's more to it. But the second I get a reason to toss you out I will, so if you so much as lay a finger on one of my members you can wait on the edge of the land until our challenge."

James turned and walked away. He tossed a key over his shoulder. It came through the bars and landed at Lucas' feet. The former beta wasted no time letting himself out. Being in there for forty-eight hours made his wolf cagey. He ran outside and shifted.

He knew James was right. Getting eight backers would be hard and even if he had them there was no guarantee Lucas would win in a fight. But he had to stay confident. This was the only way to ensure he got everything he wanted, everything he deserved. Clara would be his, after all they were mates. He would keep Roxy too. Maybe the three of them could learn to love each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

They arrived back on the ground as the sun was setting. Two members waited for them by the garage on snow mobiles. David and Clara loaded up some wagons attached to the machines and off they went up the hills. David reached for Clara's hand and started walking her up the hill.

"No snow mobiles for us?" Clara asked.

"We could catch a ride," David said. "But I prefer to walk."

"Thank you for today," Clara said. "Buying me all that stuff. I'm really excited to set up my phone and check my e-mail."

"Remember what I said, we have to limit human interaction. The phone is to stay connected with the pack."

"I have zero plans to call anyone else," Clara said. "I mainly want to surf the internet. It's been a few weeks."

"James really doesn't let his pack have phones or computers?"

"Or tablets or televisions. I made a joke about missing my DVR once and Suzy looked at me like I was speaking another language."

David scrunched his nose and Clara laughed.

"It's a new way to watch TV. You can record your shows and fast forward commercials."

"No cable up here," David said. "But we do have those internet hotspots, so some people have Netflix. I forgot to ask if you wanted a TV? I don't have one, but I'm sure I could borrow one from the bigger houses."

Clara shook her head.

"I don't mind not having a TV. If the mood ever really hits me I have my new laptop. So thank you for that."

When they arrived at the house their purchases were set right inside the door. Clara grabbed the phone bag and computer bag, bringing them to the table to set up.

"Do you want some dinner?" David asked.

"Sure, what did you have in mind?"

"I'll whip something up." He walked into the kitchen.

"You like to cook?"

Clara powered her phone on and booted up her new laptop. She picked up the internet hotspot and wrote down the password.

"I like to cook for you," David said. "Steak?"

"As long as he wasn't your pet first."

Clara learned that there was a member who worked as the pack butcher today and made a vow never to meet one of the animals she ate. David laughed at her and said it was the food chain, but promised to keep her away from Mitch's area.

"I was thinking we should've bought new bedding today too, or maybe some decorations. I really want you to make this place your own."

"I would rather we made it our own," Clara said. "Besides, I think we got enough stuff today."

The sound of meat hitting a hot pan came from the kitchen and Clara couldn't hear what David was saying. Her phone came on first. Clara went to contacts. David had some insane family plan and just added a line. Every pack members number and picture appeared. She was thrilled to have all the faces with names.

"If you belong to any social media you should take it down," David said. "Again, not really wise with limiting human interaction."

"I don't," Clara said. "No friends or family remember?"

He sat on the couch and pulled out his phone. The smell of the frying steak filled the room and Clara's stomach let out a rumble.

"Do you drink?" David asked.

"On occasion," Clara said. "I don't have a high tolerance. I like red wine."

"I'll pour us a glass."

David stood up and went to the kitchen. Clara realized that the man could never sit still. The second he took a break it was as if some presence was pushing him back to activity. She understood why he didn't have a television. He probably wouldn't be able to sit through a twenty-minute sitcom.

The computer came to life and Clara connected to the internet. The signal was weak, but she opened up the browser and went straight to her favorite news sight. She scrolled down, not noticing anything of interest. She checked her personal e-mail and saw nothing but spam. Next she went to her work e-mail. Wondering if it were still active. What she saw made her heart jump in her throat.

At least ten messages were at the top of her inbox. The subject lines varied from VERY FREAKED OUT to the most current IM CALLING THE FBI. Clara clicked on that one.

To: Clara Carlson

From: Natalie Bolivar

Sent: Today at 5:05 PM

Subject: IM CALLING THE FBI

I don't know if you're checking these or not, but I'm beyond scared. The local police won't do a damn thing. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow AM. I am reaching out to the FBI. Nobody else cares you're gone but I do! I don't care if I have to take this to the national level. I will find you! I promise you I'll never give up hope.

Clara hit reply right away.

Natalie,

I'm fine. Really. It's been a strange few weeks, but I met a guy and moved to South Dakota. I am very happy and safe. I miss you lots too. Sorry I didn't say goodbye.

Believe me when I say I'm the best I've been in years.

Best of luck and sorry to worry you,

Clara

Clara counted her lucky stars she checked her email before Natalie did something stupid. Clara thought being declared a missing person by the FBI might be the exact sort of exposure David wanted to limit. Before Clara could move the page a new e-mail popped up. A reply from Natalie.

If this really is Clara, which I doubt it is, you have a lot more explaining to do than I met a guy. Your house was ransacked, your cell phone shut off, some typed up resignation letter sent in. Let me put this clear I DON"T BELIEVE YOU. WHATEVER YOU DID TO CLARA YOU WILL PAY. I'M CALLING THE FBI RIGHT NOW ON YOUR ASS.

"David. I think we have a problem," Clara said.

"What's wrong?"

He put down the wine and ran over to the computer. Clara tilted the screen so he could read. She watched his eyes scanned the message.

"Call her," David said. "Right now."

Clara picked up her new phone. Natalie wasn't in the contacts of course. Clara hit the keypad hoping it was the right number. The phone starting ringing, when Natalie picked up Clara felt a sense of relief.

"Please don't call the FBI. I really am fine," Clara said.

"Is someone there with you? Making you say these things? Give me a code," Natalie replied.

"Really, I'm safe. I met a guy and he was from the black hills. I decided to be spontaneous. It was really fast but I moved in with him."

"I have seen those shows on ID network. I know how human trafficking works. Clara you are an easy target with no family. This has something to do with your weekend trips all the time doesn't it? I knew there was something off. I'll get the FBI and we will get you home safe."

"No, don't do that. What can I do to prove I'm telling the truth?"

"You said you're in the black hills? Six hours away?"

"Yes," Clara said. "I went into Spearfish today."

"Lunch, tomorrow at 1 pm. The diner on Main Street."

"I can't drive to Laramie tomorrow. That's ridiculous."

"If you don't show up I am calling the FBI."

"Natalie please, be reasonable."

"Tell your kidnapper it doesn't matter what he forces you to say. Those are my terms. If you're not there, unharmed, at 1 pm I am calling the FBI, then I'm calling the magazines, newspapers, and TV shows. I will make you the poster woman for missing persons if I have to."

Clara looked at David, sure he heard everything. He nodded his head.

"I'll be there."

"I'll believe it when it happens."

Natalie hung up and Clara lowered the phone.

"I guess we get another road trip tomorrow," David said.

"To Laramie? I never wanted to go back there. She couldn't have picked half way?"

"Think on the positive side. You thought you were alone but look how much this Natalie person cares about you."

Clara loved how he knew what to say. She wrapped her arm around his waist and snuggled up next to him. He draped his arm around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head. She looked up at him. His gorgeous eyes beamed into hers. She nudged her head forward and he brought his face to hers. Their lips touched and Clara felt little nerves going off all over her body. He brought his hand down and grabbed her thigh, pulling her leg up. She straddled him and he ran his hands up her sides. Their kiss turned from soft and delicate to hard and passionate. Without realizing she was Clara began to rock her body against his. She could feel him growing erect with each movement.

"Mmmm," he said into her mouth. At first Clara thought it was a moan, but then he pulled away. "The steaks."

Clara looked up to see smoke filled the room. The small smoke detector started beeping. Clara jumped up from David and ran to the door as he moved the burning meat to the sink. The cold winter air came in as the smoke slipped out. She grabbed a dish towel and started fanning the smoke detector, until the beeping stopped.

"Well that was not what unexpected," David said. "How about a frozen pizza instead?"

Food was no longer what Clara was interested in tonight. She opened her mouth to say so, but the idea of being so forward made her uncomfortable. Instead she nodded her head and grabbed the glass of wine. After all her insisting David was moving too fast she knew it had to be her who made the next steps. For the zillionth time in her life Clara had made a mess of things.

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

When Lucas finished his run he held his head high and walked into the lodge. He didn't pass many people, but those he did were quick to stare and whisper to their friends. Lucas was glad everyone knew. He went straight to his apartment. All of the broken furniture was gone, none of his personal effects were touched yet. He was certain whoever was getting the apartment after him was annoyed at the delay.

"I've been waiting for you all day," Roxy said.

He was not surprised to see her sitting on the couch, arms crossed. She rose and walked towards him, her eyes narrowed. He expected some anger from her over picking Clara. He needed her support though, and that meant keeping his plans secret.

"I went for a run."

"Do you think that's wise with everything going on?"

"I take it you heard about my challenge?"

The mask of anger Roxy wore transformed into a glowing grin. She through her arms around Lucas' neck and started kissing his cheek.

"I always knew I was destined to be Luna! I thought I'd have to wait until the pack got too big, but this is even better. We will make a great team."

This Lucas had not expected. He brought his arms up around her waist and lifted her in the air.

"Yes we do," he said. "But it's not a done deal yet. I'm pretty sure I can beat James in a fight, but I need eight votes to back me before it even gets to that."

Lucas walked Roxy to the couch, he took a seat so that she straddled him. She put her hands on his shoulders and started mentally counting.

"Well you'll have me, and I'm guessing if you get Ben, Steve, and Tyler on board their mates will follow."

"I haven't spoken to them yet, but since they're my men I assume I will get their vote. That's only seven. I need at least eight."

"We have about five days to turn one person to your side. Who has seemed unhappy?"

"I have no idea," Lucas said. "The rest of the fighters will be a hard sell; I plan on working them. What about the women?"

"Most of them think you're hot as hell, that could come into play. Ellen, Sharon, Kate, Karinne, Suzy, and Cathy will be hard nos. They're all James groupies. The ones with mates will do whatever they're told. That leaves about ten girls I could try and persuade."

"Work your magic, because all we need is one."

"I'm not worried," Roxy said. "Let's celebrate."

She stood up from Lucas and grabbed the hem of her dress. In one move she stood nude in front of him. He took her body as she presented herself to him. She was beautiful. Her hips made a perfect hour glass and her breasts were plump and full. Her body was toned, but not enough that she didn't look soft and inviting. A small growl escaped Lucas' lips.

Roxy dropped to her knees and unbuttoned his pants. He put his arms up and leaned his head back on the couch. Lucas tried to guess what Clara would look like nude. She was too waif like to hold a candle to Roxy, her chest wouldn't even be a handful. Even though he knew Roxy was the better choice in the looks department Clara still got him going like no other. He imagined it was her mouth working him and knew he was making the right steps. Soon Clara would be where she belonged. Locked in his bedroom. Roxy was a gracious girl; she would understand his need to have both of them.