The Next Chapter Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maddie wasn't surprised that the woman wore high heels, which were emphasized as she stepped out of the skirt on the floor, though they seemed pretty tall and precarious. She was however surprised as the woman fell back on the bed without taking them off.

Maddie had to turn away as the woman started touching herself. She was embarrassed but intrigued at the same time. Even though she wasn't looking, as the video played she heard moaning over the music. She was drawn back to the woman lewdly raising her legs in the air, stiletto heels pointing directly at the ceiling. Ohmigod... what was that thing she had inside her? It became obvious that the woman was supposed to be imagining sex as she laid there.

"Oh, yeah...that's it. Fuck your little slut. God, I love your cock," The Slut repeated from her script.

Maddie had to stop the video. She had a shameful feeling that she could barely control. She regained her composure, but still, she copied the link and sent it to herself in email.

*

"You aren't making this any easier," Steve reprimanded. "Whatever, do what you want. Listen, I have to go to Jason and Sarah's this afternoon. Jason wants some help with some plumbing. Wanna come? But, you do have to change first."

At first, Maddie recoiled at the thought. As much as she loved her aunt, no one could get her back up like Sarah, especially with the deep horny she had going on. She hemmed and hawed for a minute, then decided.

"Somehow, I think I need a break from Aunt Sarah for a bit. I am going to go shopping this afternoon. Is that okay?"

Steve responded, "Sure. Jason and I will be in the basement the whole time. We wouldn't be there to break up any fights that erupt between you two. What are you going to be shopping for?"

"I'm not really sure, except I do know one thing," Maddie responded with a playful glint in her eye. "You'll be paying."

Steve greeted Sarah with a hug when he arrived. As much as he considered her a big prude, there was no denying that Jason and Sarah had been very supportive of him and Maddie since Carol's passing.

"Nice to see you, Steve!" Sarah glowed. "How's Maddie? I wish you'd have brought her."

"Hi Sarah. She's doing well, enjoying work and all that. She said she needed to do some shopping this afternoon when I asked her to come. She sent her love."

"I just hope that girl is thinking of her future. She needs to get to school!" Sarah chided.

"I'm working on it with her, Sarah. Where's Jason?"

"I heard a few curses from downstairs, so he must be there working on the plumbing."

"Great, I am going down there. Might as well get at it," Steve said as he headed down, grateful to avoid any unpleasant topics.

He and Jason set out a work plan to route the water lines and vent to the area that would become a bathroom. Jason liked copper and was cutting the necessary lengths. Most of the conversation was project related until they got well underway. Then Jason did his duty and brought up the topic of Maddie.

"How's everything going with you and Maddie?" he asked.

"It's good. We get along great but I'd really like to get her on a real career path," Steve replied, very deliberately playing into Sarah's earlier question.

"Yeah, sometimes kids just don't want what we think they should want," came Jason's response.

"If only he knew how focused her desires were." Steve wryly grinned at the thought.

Almost on cue, Jason caved. "Look, I am supposed to try to convince you to get Maddie to come live with us. Sarah is concerned about your living arrangements. Frankly, I'd love to have Maddie here but she deserves to be in her home. You're a good role model for her. I've always had a lot of respect for you, so this is as far as I will take it. I know that you two will be able to work out what is best for your relationship and for the rest of your lives, however that might look."

"However that might look." Did Jason mean something by that?

"You know, with the way Sarah and her sister turned out, I don't think I'd want a girl under that influence, you know what I mean? I love them both like crazy, but something tells me that Maddie has something special going on. I was a bit of a player before I met Sarah. I let my game slip after getting married, but I still know the ropes. Maddie isn't shy about her affection with you. I think she'll be way better off with you, for as long as she wants to be there," Jason continued. "If she sticks around, I'd count myself a lucky man, if I were you. My kids hardly want to visit, let alone live here."

"Crap." It seemed like Jason could read into Steve's dilemma.

"So here's the deal. As long as Sarah thinks I am on side with her, I can manage whatever comes our way. Let's just say there's a family secret on that side that no one knows I know and no one will have any leverage over any situation that comes up. We just have to keep this conversation between the two of us. Capisce?"

"I think I got it," Steve responded.

"Oh, one more thing. My leverage is good as long you maintain my respect. You be strong for her or I'll be the first to throw you under the bus."

At about 3:00, Steve was finished with the work that Jason had for him. Jason's mind had not been on much of the conversation after the discussion about Maddie. Jason certainly hadn't said it but it almost seemed like he was condoning something he couldn't know was happening. Steve certainly hadn't expected that. Even still, maybe Jason could handle Sarah, but she still presented a problem. He really didn't know how to manage any fallout should he and Maddie continue as a couple.

After he left, Steve's mind was made up. He had a plan for this coming Friday night for his and Maddie's date. He already had the reservations, but he now decided this would be an all out celebration and validation of Maddie for how they got where they were. On one hand, Dave felt sleazy, making his girl into what he wanted. But it was clear that it was also what she wanted. He wondered just how Maddie turned out so different from her mom, at least how her mom had finished life. He had a couple of hours before stores closed and his first stop was a mall.

Monday didn't result in any 'payback'. Steve and Maddie went about their business as normal. Maddie mentioned that she would be working until 9:00 the next day and was hanging out with some friends afterward. Steve didn't mind eating alone, not that it would be anything big. Plus, he could start some payback himself.

Maddie was home late on Tuesday and the house was dark. She unlocked the front door to find rose petals leading a path from the entry to the living room. On the coffee table was a card. Inside, Steve's handwriting read, "I hope you're looking forward to our date on Friday. Steve"

Maddie chuckled in frustration at Steve's engineer-ese: straight forward, nothing flowery. Even still, this reminder that he was thinking about it warmed her. She slept with a contented smile on her face.

On Thursday night, Maddie crawled into bed to find a thin package tucked in the sheets. It was a pair of very expensive pantyhose, with a note that read, "Dress sexy for me tomorrow."

"Every day, daddy," she pondered as she removed the hose from the package and dragged the material languorously over her skin.

Through the next day, both Steve and Maddie were filled with anticipation. Both were anxious for different reasons. Maddie knew what she wanted but she wasn't certain that it would happen. Steve knew what he wanted but despite his resolve, didn't know if it should happen. He was committed now and he wouldn't play Maddie along.

Unlike most Friday afternoons, Maddie wasn't out to greet Steve that day. He knew she was home and assumed she was getting ready. He planned to completely freshen up; there was an hour before they had to leave. Showering, shaving, even a little extra grooming, and dressing took about forty-five minutes and Maddie was still not out of her room when he got downstairs.

An entrance isn't always accompanied with fanfare and a flourish: grand though it was, from the anticipation. Steve first heard movement in the upstairs hall. The shuffle was broken by the clack of heels on the tile floor. Steve was instantly brought back to the day that Maddie had that interview and the turn his heart had taken. Leaning casually against the island, his gaze was fixed on the corner around which she would come. In the second it took for her to make the turn, Steve captured an eternity of a vision: first a black pump, then a smooth, long calf. He had never seen the little black dress before, hanging about three inches above her knee and hugging her firm body. Her face was dramatic, with high cheeks and smoky eyes framed by her perfectly shaped hair flowing almost as one piece down to her breasts. She was grown up in a way that he had never seen her. Even her graduation was juvenile compared to this elegant woman presenting herself to him.

"You look pretty, Maddie," was the only appraisal he offered.

Maddie smiled knowingly, and continued toward him, stopping as she placed a hand on his chest and pressing into him.

"You and I both know that 'pretty' wasn't what I was going for, but thank you."

Not wanting to smudge her lipstick, Steve leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"Daddy, please?"

Falling back, he could see the sweet anguish in her face. She had tolerated the deprivation and she would have no more of it. Steve placed one hand behind her head. Drawing her to him, their lips met as though it was the first time. The one-sided seduction from two weeks ago was an anomaly. Any questions of their place together weren't given a second thought, fading to nothing more than an amusing footnote to their shared history.

Standing tall against her man, Maddie's ecstasy and satisfaction coursed through her in an instant, illuminating her being in a flash.

The moment their lips touched, Steve was invigorated at the shedding of recrimination and guilt, replaced with the long dormant sense of his kingdom being intact.

Their gaze held for a moment and then Maddie interrupted. "You look ridiculous. Let me wipe that." Getting a tissue, she dabbed at Steve's mouth to remove the lipstick she left behind.

"I'm not the only one. You'll need to touch that up."

After freshening themselves, Steve offered his arm into which Maddie naturally stepped. Leading her out of the house, he opened the passenger door for her. Maddie took that opportunity to escalate in her building arousal; the tease was just beginning. Sitting sideways in the seat, she deliberately let the skirt of her dress ride up her legs before swinging them inside the car. Steve shook his head with a smile as he walked to the driver's side and let himself in.

They were comfortably seated in a circular booth and chatting when their wine arrived. Steve broke them out of their small talk. "You look beautiful tonight, sweetheart. It's a pleasure having you on my arm."

"Thank you, daddy. It is my pleasure. And, you did make it just a bit easier with your little gift last night. For a little while I didn't know how I should dress. But you made that clear. Didn't you?" Maddie played to the developing subtext of the evening.

Steve dodged her probing question. "As you probably figured, I had a lot of thinking to do -- I hope you did, too - and we'll talk about that. But, I -- uh, ..." Steve started to stammer.

"Yes, daddy," Maddie encouraged with a seductive tone, leaning in to emphasize her expectations.

"I really am crazy about you, Maddie. I hope you understand why I had to take a break. For us to continue as a couple is not going to be without challenges and I had to be sure that I would be able to withstand them. And do it for the right reasons."

"I know, I really do. I thought about it and realized that I was being selfish with you. I wanted you to myself, right now, and didn't really think about how family would react. Then I realized, if we ever have children, the kid will also be kind of like my step-sibling!" Maddie laughed at the thought. The only thing holding it all together for her was that there was no blood, no paper that held them together.

She whispered in his ear, "It's kind of like that goofy director and his ex-wife's daughter."

"My god, Maddie! That guy has given up enough of his man-card that I'm not sure that's even a hetero relationship! Please, don't compare us with that."

They both continued laughing about the thought.

"So, Maddie, I would be pleased, very pleased, if you would continue to be my lover."

Not very deep inside, Maddie was swelling with joy. She had been anticipating this so she was prepared.

"Oh? Ummm, okay. I'm not sure what I am going to do about my date tomorrow night. Maybe I can just get that out of my system and we can see what happens from there?" Her face was poker straight.

With a half-smirk, Steve raised his eyebrow at her.

No, Maddie wouldn't have been a good poker player. She gave way to a squeal and jumped closer to him, wrapping her arms around him, bathing his face in kisses. "I have a feeling I am going to make you very happy!"

"We're not out of the woods yet. I've resolved to deal with whatever comes, but I don't know how that is, just yet. Are you willing to conspire with me in this?" Steve asked.

"Do I get to fuck you?" Maddie retorted with a glint in her eye.

Steve sat back so he to swat what he could of Maddie's ass.

"Oooh, I take it that's a 'yes'?" Maddie's pent up horny was released and she had no mind to rein it in.

"Why don't we order? You're going to need the energy," was all Steve replied.

As they dined, Maddie continued with her tease as Steve laid out what little plan he had. It was reasonable that Maddie would live in her house. They would work into a public relationship over time and keep things 'family' for awhile. They would still maintain their friends and attend family gatherings as stepfather and daughter. Together though, they would be a couple, going on dates and enjoying time together.

It all seemed so clinical but necessary at the same time.

"Can I call you daddy at Aunt Sarah's dinner table?"

"Most certainly not like that," Steve chided. Then, adopting his best Barry White he added, "Babygirl."

Maddie then took a serious turn. "How do you feel about mom?"

"I'm not trying to replace her with you. That was a different relationship. I'm not gonna say I feel no guilt, but I have decided that I will move on from that. I loved your mother and our life together. Having you with me feels not like forgetting about her but reading on to the next book in a series. Does that make sense?"

Maddie had prepared herself for her response. "It's not like I stole you away from her. None of this was happening before she died. And while my feelings for you have been growing, I kept a watch on them for quite awhile. I mean seriously! It's a bit creepy, crushing on your step-dad. But with everything that has happened - everything - I realized that I need a man just like you, so why hope that I find one when he's right here? Mom was very appreciative of you in our talks. She made me take notice. She also helped me see the, umm, error, shall we say, in her ways."

Maddie's face darkened and she added with a sob, "I don't think I could lose another daddy."

"You've been reading too much psychology, conniving little imp."

Maddie's face brightened as she laughed at her little joke.

"I do like the idea of calling youdaddy, though," Maddie purred as she stroked his leg.

Pushing aside the serious conversation, his babygirl's invocation stirred very lascivious fantasies and Steve's cock was swelling in his pants. Steve couldn't deny that the thought of his luscious daughter lavishing her lust over her daddy was overpowering. What was so powerful about that anyway? Who the fuck cares why? It just was.

"We're getting out of here, sweet girl. Cheque please."

12